PDA

View Full Version : Discription on files that can be modified .. P2

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 14:25
Make sure you back up any files you play with

Myself will not and cannot be held responsible for computer hangs or such like as a result of this data.

Eidos and pyro will not beable to offer tech support or any gaurantee

In here you will beable to tweak the followin -

Generals in province
Max Troops in battle
Max Ships in battle
Ai Sea battle bonus
Diplomatic transactions
and more :)

The file you need is DefRegalsGenerales

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 14:42
file root - Game\gamemode\gestion\regals - DefRegalsGernerales

MAX_BARCOS_EN_FLOTA - quantity of boats in fleet
Setting this higher in therory should allow more ships per fleet. but test show that it crashes the game on hard setting. The only way of getting the ships out of the fleet is by docking the ship in port.

MAX_TROPAS_TITULARES - Max troops allowed in a battle :)
Warning
Setting this high will cause system slowdown. IT also has creates a major problem when comming to troop deployment on the battle field. After you initial units are placed in the red starting box the other units are placed outside in on spot. so you might end up with 50 howiters in one spot .. :confused:

[b]TURNOS_PPASO_POR_CAMBIO_JUG_DE_PAIS - Right of passage after an event, if thats after liberating a province of giving a province away.
You have X amount of turns to get out ..

MODIFICADOR_HOSTILIDAD_DIFICULTAD - Modify naval difficulty
This gives the AI a bouns when fighting human players. I think :confused: . Not noticed anything different as the hard setting is at max.

MODIFICADOR_HOSTILIDAD_POR_PRUNTUACION
Deals with the accuracy of cannon fire from AI
PROCICION_RANKING_APLICABLE 1 1 is the base number .

Easy, Medium & Hard can be modified between -1.0 to 1.0

MODIFICADOR_PRODUCTION_NIVEL_DIFICULTAD - Modify the production cost according to the dificulty setting.

ORO - Gold
MATERIALS_PRIMAS - Raw Materials
COMIDA - Food
CIENCIA - Research

Aplicar_A_jugadores_Imperials - Apply to Imperials
" " " _Neutrales - Apply to Neutrals

The values can be set between -100 and 100

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:06
BONUS_HOSTILIDAD_MENSAJES_DIPLOMATICOS
deals with the bonus and penalties from diplomatic transactions .

Permisa_Pas - Right of passage
Mejora_Relacion - Improve Relations
Declaracion_Guerra - Declare War
Declaracion_Guerra_no_Diplomatica - Invade a province without declaring war (this is the gobal penalty)
Proposicion_Tregua - Propose a Truce (Maybe the gobal value)
Proposicion_Armisticio - Propose a Peace Treaty
Proteccion_Mutua - Defencesive Alliance
Trato_Comercial_Especial - Comercial Treaty
Proposicion_Matrimonio - Arrange Marrage
Alianzas_Contra_Treceros - Coalition
Envio_Effectivos - Give Military aid / Loan Armies
Solicitad_Ayuda_Militar - Request Military Aid

[Modifyers]
Ultimatum - Ultimatum
Rechazo-Oferta - Reject Offer

All values can be modified between -100 and 100 .. Setting it higher will give you a positive bonus and lower a negative bonus :)

BONUS_HOSTILIDAD_ACCIONES
These next for deal with the consiquenses (sp) of violatinig diplomatic treaties and bonus modifyers fro goverment types (they are in order as they aprear in the file) They can be modified between -100 and 100

Falier to move troops out of a province after R.O.P (Right of passage) has come to a end.

Same Goverment ideal - ie absolute or democratic

Not the same goverment ideal

Declaration or war early - Ie signing a peace treaty the turn before then declaring war the turn after . (This is a globle value)

COMPETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_DELCARACION_GUERRA - Completed anexation through war
COMPETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_CONSTRUCCION_EDIFICO - Completed anexation through peacfull anexation buildings .

these can be modified between -100 and 100 they are globle values

COMPLETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_MEJORA_RELACIONES - dont mess with this :)

The next two values deal with liberating a anexed country
NEY
YEA

these can be set between -100 and 100

CONOCIMIENTO_SABOTAJE - Comerical Sabotarge

again set between -100 and 100

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:19
ZONA_INEFUENCIA zonal infulence
deals with the goverment infulence over the 3 distances.
1 being the boader countries and so one :)

TURNOS_TRATADOS_DIPLOMATICOS - How many turns a diplomatic treaty lasts

these can be set to any value you like. Please remeber if you set a defenceive alliance to 10000000 turns you might end up waiting till you next birthday before you can finnish the game :)

CFG_PROTECION_MUTUA - config defencive alliance
MAX_JUGADORES - How many people in the pact

PORCENTAJE_HOSTILIDAD_SITACION_GUERRA the percentage of provinces lossed before the AI seeks peace

VALOR_MAXIMO_TRATADOS_COMERCIALES - Maximun valuse in a comercial treaty

PORCENTAJE_DESERCION_BATALLONES_CEDIDOS_GUERRA - how many units desert

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:25
CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS - capacity for each province :eek:

MAX_FLOTAS - Max Ships
MAX_EJERITOS - Max Generals
MAX_EJERITOS_REFUERZO - Max Generals Used as Reinforcements

Warning Setting this high will cause system slowdown. IT also has creates a major problem when comming to troop deployment on the battle field. After you initial units are placed in the red starting box the other units are placed outside in on spot. so you might end up with 50 howiters in one spot ..

Regarding more ships on the screen - If you have alot some ships will still go poof. Another draw back is that the extra ships (anything over 7) will be spawned in the same spot, this has the effect of getting them to move out of possition a nightmare. And some will sustain dammage :confused: But all in all i had a massive battle with 25 ships on the screen and it was hectic , ships getting racked from every angle and then some :p

More will follow shortyly ..

Comments are welcomed :)

Yorkie
2nd Jun 2005, 15:51
please post comments regarding the thread and eny suggestions you want to look into.

The Holy Grail - Unit stats is in the DT file and i dont have anyway of editing it
Blood - Is already in the game
Activating minor contries is a possiblity im looking into

moetman
7th Jun 2005, 21:56
Thanks Yorkie (and others) for all your work , hopefully we'll get this game running the way it should.

Don't give in . :)

Gelatinous Cube
7th Jun 2005, 22:56
please post comments regarding the thread and eny suggestions you want to look into.

The Holy Grail - Unit stats is in the DT file and i dont have anyway of editing it
Blood - Is already in the game
Activating minor contries is a possiblity im looking into

It's not in my game! How do us US denizens get some blood!?

caffe
8th Jun 2005, 21:20
Hey Yorkie.. where exactly is this file found.. I didn't notice it myself

CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS

Yorkie
10th Jun 2005, 14:52
Hey Yorkie.. where exactly is this file found.. I didn't notice it myself

CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS

The Line Capacidad_Provincias is a line in the file fella, If i remeber correctly is near the bottom of the file...

Open the file DefRegalsGenerales scroll down untill you find CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS and there you are :)

It's not in my game! How do us US denizens get some blood!?

I see it, and didnt tweak any files, maybe you want more blood maybe your a vampire :eek:

caffe
10th Jun 2005, 19:35
Thanks Yorkie.. I found the file..

Gelatinous Cube
14th Jun 2005, 06:08
The Line Capacidad_Provincias is a line in the file fella, If i remeber correctly is near the bottom of the file...

Open the file DefRegalsGenerales scroll down untill you find CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS and there you are :)

I see it, and didnt tweak any files, maybe you want more blood maybe your a vampire :eek:

Are you from the US? The US version has blood disabled, but Jaycw assured us it was easily moddable. I can't read spanish, so I can't dig around and find this. It'd be nice if someone posted which line of text or what have you controls this.

caffe
14th Jun 2005, 06:20
Maybe look around for the word Sangre.. I believe that is Spanish for blood....

You might also look for the word "Vampiro".... maybe something your interested in.. :D

bodkinhead
16th Jun 2005, 04:00
In the / Game/ GameModes/ Gestion/AI folder
you can find another folder for each nation and
if you open the .sb file you will find a list under

.PREFERENCIA_BATALLONES

that gives the AI it's build preference for all
the units in the game. Most units will have a
1.0 next to them.

Does anyone know the way the preference works
I want the AI to build less cannons but do I
make the 1.0 number next to cannons higher or lower?

Yorkie
16th Jun 2005, 14:07
In the / Game/ GameModes/ Gestion/AI folder
you can find another folder for each nation and
if you open the .sb file you will find a list under

.PREFERENCIA_BATALLONES

that gives the AI it's build preference for all
the units in the game. Most units will have a
1.0 next to them.

Does anyone know the way the preference works
I want the AI to build less cannons but do I
make the 1.0 number next to cannons higher or lower?

your rite in saying that there build prefs for troops, but they dont pay any attention to them during the beginning of the game. I tweak em for my next post listin.

I change the malita to 0 and still ended up fighting aload of em. It wasnt until later in the game where the AI has the capacity both in resoruces and time will they then pay attention to the pref list.

bodkinhead
16th Jun 2005, 22:36
Maybe look around for the word Sangre.. I believe that is Spanish for blood....

You might also look for the word "Vampiro".... maybe something your interested in.. :D

I'm in Australia and we have the 'no blood' version as well, but I have
noticed that the sangre.tga file is still in data.pak so it should be a
matter of switching it on somewhere although I'm yet to find the
reference, maybe the line was taken out altogether. :confused:

bodkinhead
16th Jun 2005, 22:49
your rite in saying that there build prefs for troops, but they dont pay any attention to them during the beginning of the game. I tweak em for my next post listin.

I change the malita to 0 and still ended up fighting aload of em. It wasnt until later in the game where the AI has the capacity both in resoruces and time will they then pay attention to the pref list.

Are you sure making the number lower is the right way to go?

Just guessing here but I see it usually gives officers a higher
number which might suggest a lower build preference as why
does it need more officers than other units.

caffe
17th Jun 2005, 02:29
Those numbers in the IA folder do work to a degree.. however you have to play around with them a bit to get the desired results... setting them at 0.0 doesn't work well.. I set Militia at 0.01.. after the first era they are hardly around at all.. (basically.. as soon as a nation can recruit line inf=no more militia) and no nation actively recruits them.. Howitzers are tricky.. the AI just LOVES to build them.. I've tweaked them abit.. but now they are not being built hardly at all.. I have to find a happy medium..

Also.. taking away militia can cause a funny bug to occur.. if a nation cannot build militia.. and if that nation had decided to build a stables before an army barracks.. it will have no choice but to recruit cavalry.. that is until the AI gets around to building an infantry barracks... I call this the cavalry bug.. France and Russia seem the most prone to get it.. fortunately it goes away later in the game.. if they can survive that long... :confused:

bodkinhead
17th Jun 2005, 03:24
I'll play around with the numbers over the weekend.

Problem is it takes a while to see how your changes
effect the gameplay.

Yorkie
17th Jun 2005, 13:24
I'll play around with the numbers over the weekend.

Problem is it takes a while to see how your changes
effect the gameplay.

Welcome to our world :)

erico87
19th Jun 2005, 19:45
for the max general/troop per province
does that also mean how many attacking armies u can put into enemy territory?

could u also look into speeding up the wait between turns....sometimes it can get REALLY tedious....thx

Yorkie
21st Jun 2005, 15:13
for the max general/troop per province
does that also mean how many attacking armies u can put into enemy territory?

could u also look into speeding up the wait between turns....sometimes it can get REALLY tedious....thx

yes it will make the amount of avalible troops on the battlefield larger.

As for speeding up the turn thats not a possibilty due to the ai making decisions etc. I havnt beable to speed the Ai`s turn time no matter how i tried :( . Also having larger generals per province the turn time will slow down a little bit too.

erico87
21st Jun 2005, 19:49
thx yorkie