PDA

View Full Version : Fav Unit

Captain.Crunch
2nd Jun 2005, 01:55
Do not know if that as already been but what is your favourite unit? :confused: all the units are good of course but everyone should have a favourite. Mine is the British Household Cavalry i use these to protect my cannons and shoot down approaching men with there muskets. :)

imperialist274
2nd Jun 2005, 02:20
Household cavalry, for sure, as I've said many times before and will say it again. The perfect raiding/flank attack/suprise attack/fast response infantry really.

By the way captain crunch, glad to see you are now active on the forums. May I ask if your game came? If so, maybe we could play multiplayer sometime.

Captain.Crunch
2nd Jun 2005, 03:46
Unfourtunatly not yet it is close though! Im guessing 3 days at the most….. then your on I would love to play multiplayer against you ! We can just IP Connect... if you have msn PM me ill add you to my buddy list.

Ryoken
2nd Jun 2005, 04:53
NOTHING BEATS A HORDE OF MILITIA, BABY!

I like feeling like I am the leader of a press gang :) Running around with sticks and beating up army units is FUN!

Captain.Crunch
2nd Jun 2005, 05:51
My other fav unit is Black Watch :)

Kef
2nd Jun 2005, 08:55
Yeah, a wild horde (better: HUGE horde) of the cheapest militia beats everything. No tactics, no nothing, just drunken Celt-style assault usually slaughters the opponent. Works 95%.

Captain.Crunch
2nd Jun 2005, 11:50
Yeah, a wild horde (better: HUGE horde) of the cheapest militia beats everything. No tactics, no nothing, just drunken Celt-style assault usually slaughters the opponent. Works 95%.

I dunno about that one 3 line formation of the Black Watch would rape militia with musket fire before they reach them regardless of how angry they are. ;) And for the lucky ones that do get through then they will enjoy nice cold steel.

Black watch is the highlander regiment and there tough ! THEY HAVE NO FEAR!

Nial
7th Jun 2005, 16:00

Militia is only good for the first ERA. After that they get their heads handed to them. :)

Mickalos
7th Jun 2005, 18:06
I like to use Household cavalry against lots of malitia, fire a volley then when the malitia charge turn and run, then stop, fire a volley and turn and run and so on and so on untill the malitia has ceased to be :) .

Blackwatch for anythng else

Eggbath
8th Jun 2005, 10:29

Not if my Inf go into Sq Formation then you just throw yourself to death on my sharp pointy Things then when you form to attack again I just pour lead into yuo retreating troops. until no-one is left alive. :D :

Fasciti
8th Jun 2005, 11:57
I like the Cuirrasers. I use them to destroy other's artillery and harrass the rear and flanks of the enemy line.

Lt. Kyuzo
8th Jun 2005, 17:34
I do love the old household cavalry but the fact that in one picture of milita i saw what looked like an umbrella i love them too just for the looking good factor lol

Cpt.HooK
8th Jun 2005, 17:52
The household cav make very good mobile infantry.

Captain.Crunch
14th Jun 2005, 07:53
The household cav make very good mobile infantry.

Yes there excellent :thumbsup:

diablus
20th Jun 2005, 22:17

you say that until they get square formation. I actually tried a scenario with 1 unit of line infantry against the max # of units of russian militia. I used square formation and even though it took some time. My men won with only 22 casualties

and also all you have to do is square formation, and when the enemy backs away and runs, put line into gear. Fire, then get back into square when they come for more. Rinse and Repeat = Win

but my favorite unit is the congreve rockets. Devistating to everything in bunches. take 3 of them backed with some form of protection and the enemy is going to be slaughtered before they reach them with charge :D

Captain.Crunch
21st Jun 2005, 00:33
The rockets are my fav in that field of weapon. :D

giskard
21st Jun 2005, 02:12
Hussars i think.

Cheap and effective.

Giskard

Azharas Knight
21st Jun 2005, 10:39
Lancers: Cheap, a lil' slower than Hussars but they can wipe out Dragoons and Hussars that approach my cannons.
or
Royal Guards: Strong, I put them behind my cannons or make them wipe out an infantry battalion.