PDA

View Full Version : 2005 E3 Trip Report

Trinity34
2nd Jun 2005, 01:01
Wanted to share this will all of you.. hope you like.

Introducing the new Lara Croft...

Hi everyone!
This is my trip report to E3 Entertainment Expo, May 18-20th, held in Los Angeles, California.

This was quite a trip, I think everything that could have gone wrong did.. except E3, but before I get into the trip I want to thank the people at Eidos that made this happen. If I'm not mistaken this is the first time Eidos has given out passes to E3 and I know they didn't have to do this, so I very much appreciate being given to opportunity to go and thanks to Shehi at www.tombraidercommunity.com for arranging everything with Mike Gonos. It was nice to meet you, Mike!

On to the trip...
If there is anything I will ever remember from this is that Los Angeles has the worst traffic in the world!! and E3 was packed with people. I have pictures for everyone to see. E3 was held at the Convention Center which is downtown LA. The West Hall housed Nintendo, Sony PSP, etc... and the South Hall housed Electronic Arts, Activision, etc... You can see who was housed where at www.e3expo.com. Eidos was showcasing the demo in South Hall so that was the place to be but first I had to get my badge which was quite an adventure in itself because no one knew where I had to go to pick it up.

After picking up my badge, I headed to the Eidos room to preview the demo. I was supposed to meet Matt Gorman, who is a brand manager for Eidos, at 10:30am but I was majorly late so I was hoping he still had some free time and he did. It turned out that no one could play the demo and I was not allowed to film or take any pictures. This was kind of disappointing because I thought I would be able to play it and then report back about the controls but at least Matt was nice enough to answer some questions that I will list below. Most of these have already been answered but some have not....

READ MORE.. (http://www.tombraidercommunity.com/7_index.php)

midroth
2nd Jun 2005, 01:44
Respect! Very good.

Thank you!

LaraAngelOfDarkness
2nd Jun 2005, 02:09
Thank you very much!

suzieq51
2nd Jun 2005, 06:06
Tks for the info Trinity34. Much appreciated.

Trinity34
3rd Jun 2005, 17:45
My interview with Toby Gard is available for download at the bottom of the article if anyone wants to hear it. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Jun 2005, 05:54
Very nice reporting, Trinity34. :) I had to laugh at two things, how tired you were after the first day and how glad you were to be going home, hehehe. :D How are your feet? ;)

Johnny
4th Jun 2005, 11:03
OMG! Lara's mansion is back!!! :D I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that line in the interview. Thanx, Trinity! :)

Sophia Leigh
4th Jun 2005, 11:06
Great report Trinity34! Thanks for your hard work :)

Trinity34
4th Jun 2005, 17:05
Very nice reporting, Trinity34. :) I had to laugh at two things, how tired you were after the first day and how glad you were to be going home, hehehe. :D How are your feet? ;)

It wasn't E3 that tired me out it was LA that did it. Its very fustrating to take 2 hours to travel 12 miles. :( I had no idea it would be that bad. I actually liked downtown LA... it was smaller than I thought, too bad I did not have time to visit Hollywood or Universal Studios.... wanted to go on The Mummy ride. My feet were killing me after the second day... it was hard to walk back to the car, that is if I could find it. :D If I had to do it again I would have stayed in a hotel downtown LA for one night, its so much easier... but I had to see the ocean, didn't I? :)

jayel
5th Jun 2005, 01:15
*grin* Of course you had to see the ocean.

Thanks so much for the great report. What a wealth of information you gathered for those of us unable to go. Sounds like you had a wonderful time - even with the aching feet.

CatSuit&Ponytail
5th Jun 2005, 10:45
It wasn't E3 that tired me out it was LA that did it. Its very fustrating to take 2 hours to travel 12 miles. :( I had no idea it would be that bad. I actually liked downtown LA... it was smaller than I thought, too bad I did not have time to visit Hollywood or Universal Studios.... wanted to go on The Mummy ride. My feet were killing me after the second day... it was hard to walk back to the car, that is if I could find it. :D If I had to do it again I would have stayed in a hotel downtown LA for one night, its so much easier... but I had to see the ocean, didn't I? :)
I agree, one HAS to see the ocean. The Pacific is beautiful. :D ...hmmmmm, there's an ocean on this side of the planet, too.... hmmmmmm maybe I'll have to see IT again, hehehe.

Two hours 12 miles.....still trying to do the conversions, hehehe. I find that when we go to a convention/exhibition I always have sore feet after about 4 hours, and that is with stopping and sitting/chatting at booths. :rolleyes: I always want Goran to carry me back to the car. ;) I am sure LA would tire me out even more quickly! :D

susan
5th Jun 2005, 14:01
Thanks Trinity, great report. :cool:

It turns out that a jeep commercial will be included with the game...What??! I don't know about anyone else but I'm not happy about spending £30 for a computer game that's got commercials with it. Even if they're purely in the intro, it's not on imo. Fgs, I play these games to escape a world full of this everyday mindless push of things to buy. :rolleyes:

Trinity34
5th Jun 2005, 14:36
Two hours 12 miles.....still trying to do the conversions, hehehe. I find that when we go to a convention/exhibition I always have sore feet after about 4 hours, and that is with stopping and sitting/chatting at booths. :rolleyes: I always want Goran to carry me back to the car. ;) I am sure LA would tire me out even more quickly! :D

You two should try to go to one of the E3's. I know its a long flight but I'm sure you would enjoy it. I don't know if Eidos will be giving out passes again or not but its something to consider. :)

Trinity34
5th Jun 2005, 19:35
Picture time! Thought I would share these with everyone.

http://img189.echo.cx/img189/9677/picture001400cap9sr.jpg http://img189.echo.cx/img189/4849/picture002400cap4ru.jpg

http://img189.echo.cx/img189/3297/picture003400cap1nb.jpg http://img189.echo.cx/img189/9786/picture008400cap1af.jpg

View the other 10 photos HERE (http://forum.tombraidercommunity.com/index.php?showtopic=563&st=0&p=3377&)

BlueSkiesXXV
5th Jun 2005, 20:35
Great Stuff Trinity34!

Thanks for sharing.

Sophia Leigh
6th Jun 2005, 04:58
Thanks for sharing your pics Trinity34! :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
6th Jun 2005, 09:09
You two should try to go to one of the E3's. I know its a long flight but I'm sure you would enjoy it. I don't know if Eidos will be giving out passes again or not but it's something to consider. :)
Long flight is right! :eek: Although going to E3 would be worth it. ;) Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :cool:

That big poster is verrrrrry nice. :D And the Stargate! Did you get to gate to another location? ;)