PDA

View Full Version : Beginner needs help

Highlander58
1st Jun 2005, 18:54
Hi everyone,

I just bought the game and I am wondering who to play as? My first choice would be Britain as I am half English, yet my mate who is better than me at stratergy games tried Britain and got nailed by France and Prussia. I am quite an economical player and quite defensive. So what would be the best empire to play with? Thanks for any help. From what I have seen Imperial Glory appears to be a great game

Isledall
1st Jun 2005, 18:59
go play on medium setting.. for fun..

choose British.. as this is the easiest to play :)

then do NOT attack as fast as your friend... build up some economics and let the flow of the game dictate your actions.... and you will do just fine

Highlander58
1st Jun 2005, 19:02
Thanks Isledall

Why go straight onto medium and not easy as wouldn't it be harder?
Also would attacking France first be the best choice or attacking around Denmark area be better, unless of course I am attacked first :)

Nial
1st Jun 2005, 19:10
I found Med. to be more interesting and actually easier than easy. On easy it's a total peacefull annex fest by the AI. England is the easiest nation because it is protected by the channel.....just like in real life. :)

Just sit back and build your infrastructure and diplomacy till your ready to go for it. Keeping an eye out for an AI mistake that can allow you to gobble up a country here or there. Have fun.

Highlander58
1st Jun 2005, 19:20
Thanks Nial

I'll start a game now as the British on medium and see how it goes. :) :)

GenMoore
1st Jun 2005, 19:53
Well the Island Is the best bet, but mind your navy.

The Land forces are not so important than the navy to start with I find. :)

We are talking on the Campaign,' I hope'. :confused:

Nial
1st Jun 2005, 21:55
Well the Island Is the best bet, but mind your navy.

The Land forces are not so important than the navy to start with I find. :)

We are talking on the Campaign,' I hope'. :confused:

Agreed.....LOL......How I forgot to mention the British navy? DOH

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 10:42
try peacfully annex Portgual and Spain pile there armies up at the french border and attack.

Highlander58
2nd Jun 2005, 18:04
Thanks everyone for your help

I started my campaign and peacefully annexed Spain and am now at war with France I am now planning to peacefully annex Portugal as well. The only problem at the moment is France. Even though I am attacking on two fronts they just repel every time and when they attack me I repel them. I tried landing troops on their west coast but it didn't work. Any help would be welcome. Cheers

Isledall
2nd Jun 2005, 21:40
aah my dear friend think with the mind of a general in the Napoleontic wars...

War is fun.. but only for a short while :)

you got the lands you wanted ..?

then it is time to burry the axe...

so buy that peace with France... then sell him your food for about the price you paid to stop the hostile acts.... you got your money bavk and 1 front less to worry about...

ships do NOT focus on ships as great Britian... you will get your extra ships with peacefull expansion... and if that fails then go for the sloop quest...
if even that fails.. just go to Tech 2 get the frigate and blow everyone out of the water...

if you are in tech 1 focus on horses .. as infantry can only fire 1 row of men.. and cannot form squares... with that setting you will do great...