PDA

View Full Version : How do I peacefully annex a country?

AntonioJose
1st Jun 2005, 05:42
I mean Ive got them at 100% Sympathy, but no idea how to make them part of my country?

Any help would be appreciated Thanks a bunch.

Queeg
1st Jun 2005, 05:47
They will join automatically. Unless - and this is a big unless - they are one of the other major powers. You can't peacefully annex other majors. Works only for minors - and then it occurs automatically.

colmde
1st Jun 2005, 10:57
Sometimes when you are at a 100%, you still have to wait till the next turn before they join you

Cpt.HooK
1st Jun 2005, 11:06
I think you can only annex a country if it is not part of an aliance.It should join your empire when treaty expires

BFawlty
1st Jun 2005, 15:07
Not sure about the alliance angle, but I have annexed Sweden and Egypt so far as Russia. Now that is a cool feature, just wish there was some negotiating to do around that. Maybe its me but it seems weird that a country just automatically becomes part of your empire. I guess the consulates, newspapers, etc. are doing their work in the background to raise their sympathy towards you, and then boom, you have another front to threaten them nasty Austrians, and then I will continue to apply pressure and then I will...sorry just have a real issue with Austria since they attacked me a few turns back. :mad:

BF

yakult
2nd Jun 2005, 11:28
I've gotten 100 without building a consulate in a country and coudln't annex it... So... I think building the consulate is a must.

Nial
2nd Jun 2005, 21:23
*nods* .correct............you must have a consulate to annex. :)