PDA

View Full Version : Military Hospital

Webrider
30th May 2005, 02:02
I do believe that both government types should be able to restore units... I think that restoring vetern units is too much of an advantage.... guess you could go the political route with the other government but the more agressive types will walk all over you.. especialy after their armies get some seasoning to them. Money was not a factor in the strategy game at that point due to everyone wanting and paying me for alliance or right of passage.. then never using it. Most of the time I had over 70k and a few times maxed out at 99,999 ...

What were the developers thoughts on this matter?

BlackCoat
30th May 2005, 04:10
I guess the idea here is that you can gain land thru two routes... conquest or diplomacy. And the goverments each help their route.

You probarbly arent supposed to build a big army as a democracy, but instead keep an army for defence only while doing your best to purchase all the minors.

Authoriatarians instead have to do it the military way. All the while low on money on other projects.

Or in short: Butter vs Guns ;)

Webrider
30th May 2005, 05:48
I stated that theory in my post .. but discounted the validity of that due to not lacking money in the military Autocracy route... I had guns and butter :)
and then the rest of the map ;) Maybe I will try Democracy this time. or whatever it is.

Since this only applies to the single player game, guess you could make it hard on yourself and take the other route. :cool: Just as playing Prussia makes it hard on yourself. Damn Poland declared war on me the first turn of the game .... just try making enough troops to capture poland right off the bat. I finally captured Poland but it was tuff.

Gelatinous Cube
30th May 2005, 06:01
I stated that theory in my post .. but discounted the validity of that due to not lacking money in the military Autocracy route... I had guns and butter :)
and then the rest of the map ;) Maybe I will try Democracy this time. or whatever it is.

Since this only applies to the single player game, guess you could make it hard on yourself and take the other route. :cool: Just as playing Prussia makes it hard on yourself. Damn Poland declared war on me the first turn of the game .... just try making enough troops to capture poland right off the bat. I finally captured Poland but it was tuff.

No, he's right. Democratic Governments get the best tech for peaceful annexation, and both Democratic 3rd Era Governments have alot more money-making power than Autorcratic ones.

Element-UK
30th May 2005, 15:10
They don't HEAL the wounded is my gripe. When restoring units via hostipal's they require population as if there were never any wounded !

Queeg
30th May 2005, 15:44
I like the distinction between government types. The non-authoritarian types get huge advantages in economic and diplomatic areas. I think the ability to restore units (which I take as an abstraction of an authoritarian regime's ability to compel military service) provides a nice counter-balance. The more I play this game, the more I appreciate the design decisions they made.

Gelatinous Cube
31st May 2005, 00:50
They don't HEAL the wounded is my gripe. When restoring units via hostipal's they require population as if there were never any wounded !

Yeah, that's just a balance deal.