PDA

View Full Version : Can't get Logitech Wingman working in PC vers.

GuitarDog
28th May 2005, 23:58
Hi there - this is probably the most elementary question, but how do I enable my Logitech Wingman in Project: Snowblind for PC? Might the problem be that I have 2 Wingmans (via USB) hooked up right now, and that the game might be restricted to only one?

Thanks for any help.

(WinXP btw)

GuitarDog
2nd Jun 2005, 13:39
Hello?? Any ideas?

jEj
2nd Jun 2005, 17:30
Erm Hi man...Does you controller work at all with the game or is it causing a conflict or some sort? I've heard of some problems with certain controllers causing slowdowns in the game if they're plugged in prior to start, so maybe try hooking it up when you're actually in a game?

As well, Project Snowblind's very sensitive to updated drivers; it might be an idea to check and see if you have the latest.

Hopefully, this is some help.

GuitarDog
3rd Jun 2005, 01:27
Erm Hi man...Does you controller work at all with the game or is it causing a conflict or some sort? I've heard of some problems with certain controllers causing slowdowns in the game if they're plugged in prior to start, so maybe try hooking it up when you're actually in a game?

As well, Project Snowblind's very sensitive to updated drivers; it might be an idea to check and see if you have the latest.

Hopefully, this is some help.

Hey - thanks for looking at this with me!

Again, it might be totally elemetary, but I don't even see an option in the game to use my Wingman - just the keyboard. Maybe you can guide me through which menu(s) to use, or suggest which file(s) have the controller info in it?

Thanks again :o

jEj
3rd Jun 2005, 02:19
:( Don't thank me yet.....

I play with mouse and keyboard, but I dug out my old gamepad, (Saitek 880, I believe) and gave it a shot. I was able to manipulate the D-Pad to move the cursor up and down to select options and use 1 button to actually select an option once I had highlighted it. Other than that, that's as far as my controller would work with Snowblind.

I also tried messing around with my Controller's software in the hopes of resolving any conflicts but nothing worked there. If the Logitech Wingman has some software that includes a utility for determining its compatability with various games, it might be worth checking out.

Something elementary, you might have already tried but once you're in a game hit Esc>Options>Control Schemes. This is where you lay out the controls you want to utilise for various in-snowblind-world activities. Try using your various Wingman buttons to actually assign the keys you want to use.

I found no mention of joysticks in the readme files that came with the game or any files pertaining to it Snowblind directory. The only thing I can suggest at this point is to contact Eidos support directly and wait for an answer.

Again, hope some of this helps.

GuitarDog
3rd Jun 2005, 13:38
It does help - thanks. :o

Although it's not the same as allowing the controller to have a separate pre-configged menu, it does help me with the key binding tip I read. I also was able to get a couple of buttons working, but I don't think it recognizes my x/y axis sticks. I'll try mapping the other keys ,,,

Thanks again.