PDA

View Full Version : Demo Battle

Captain.Crunch
27th May 2005, 23:41
Hi.

I’m new to the whole game of course and am just getting used to how to play it in the demo before I get the full game :) .

Now the medium desert level in the demo has anyone actually won this battle it is driving me a bit crazy I have had about 6 swings at it and come so close down to a last group its incredible. Mostly a slaughter of course.... the closest I have come was I backed my artillery up on the hill and used the Calvary in front to protect them from a Calvary charge. :o

I was just wondering has anyone else got any ideas what are these Ghan looking enemies weakness...... they seem to just charge you in number. Any ideas? To completing this battle?

imperialist274
27th May 2005, 23:48
The Great Pyramids one you are referring to, right? If not I'm sorry for that, but here's how I beat it.

-The Egyptians have cavalry, lots of it. Your best hope is to merge your 2 forces.

-Set up lines after lines of infantry. The cavalry will either go after the first line and get shot by the other lines or go to the cannons where they'll take heavy casualties from musket fire.

-Have your cavalry engage enemy cavalry going for your cannons.

-"IF" you destroy the cavalry the enemy infantry are easy pickings. It's hard to take them down, but if you do, you win :cool:

Captain.Crunch
28th May 2005, 00:01
Thank you for that good chap i will give it a go ;)

Captain.Crunch
28th May 2005, 05:11
Completed it finaly a victory ill tell you how I did it:

I sent my line infantry in seeing there worthless….. then I blew the hell out of my own men and the enemy with my atilery after mass murdering the lot I then sent in my cavalry and raked the remaining men and ran them down like grass.

I killed all my line infantry in artilery fire but line infantry men are replaceable loosing the battle was not an option. :D

imperialist274
28th May 2005, 16:17
Great! :D . Now go out and get the real game ;) .

Captain.Crunch
28th May 2005, 22:25
I have but will take 1 week to get here :mad:

kinkajoeyoni
30th May 2005, 17:46
i just send all my cavalry, to their artillery when they werent looking (hehehe) and then it was peace of cake, set you rmen at the houses art after lines of inf and DETROY THERE CAVALRY :)

Coax74
31st May 2005, 16:56
I hid my infantry then ran my cavalry all around the desert until the enemy got too tired to chase me anymore. That's how I've been winning every battle in the full game ironically. Not very honorable or glorious, but with a stupid AI, you work with what you have! :)

Captain.Crunch
1st Jun 2005, 00:39
I hid my infantry then ran my cavalry all around the desert until the enemy got too tired to chase me anymore. That's how I've been winning every battle in the full game ironically. Not very honorable or glorious, but with a stupid AI, you work with what you have! :)

Ha Ha Ha :D

Moderate Rock
9th Jun 2005, 11:22
put ur infantry on the hill at the back. position ur artillery in the narrow valley between the two hills. line up like 3 infantry units facing the artillery as well as 2 cavalry. when they charge ur artillery wipe them out. i killed 2/1 ratio with this

Captain.Crunch
18th Jun 2005, 02:42
put ur infantry on the hill at the back. position ur artillery in the narrow valley between the two hills. line up like 3 infantry units facing the artillery as well as 2 cavalry. when they charge ur artillery wipe them out. i killed 2/1 ratio with this

Fantastic it works too…… its is certainly true that if you use the land and position your units well you can come out with fantastic kill ratios.