PDA

View Full Version : Peidmont! Argh!

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 22:28
Aaaargh! Alright, this pisses me off: I'm attacking Piedmont, to take it from france. In Peidmont there's this gigantic hugely defensible village on top of the hill. Before the battle it says "The bulk of the fighting will likely take here." and all that other jazz about the enemy using fortifications, and needing to assault the village.

So what happens? The enemy ignores the village and attacks my position. Jaycw! This is an urgent problem! Tell the devs! The enemies don't take advantage of defenses, and the only real feature of the battles that set it apart from RTW in the battles is not even working.

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 22:48
After some testing, it seems like the difficulty setting has something to with it. I did a quick test on Hard, where I invaded Peidmont and they did, in fact, set up shop in the village (without leaving it right away). But there was only 1 unit of line infantry in their whole army, that was it.. maybe that had something to do with it.

Can anyone further confirm a correlation between battle AI and difficulty setting?

elementgoo
27th May 2005, 23:16
Ya, i have noticed that going from easy to medium there is a BIG difference in how smart the AI is.

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 23:18
I feel kinda stupid now ;)

imperialist274
27th May 2005, 23:28
It's easy to coax the enemy from his position on medium by sending up a band of fast infantry near the fortification and then retreating him once they start to shuffle. They'll "all" charge to attack that unit even those in the house/fence/building and will run into a wall of muskets. The AI needs an IQ boost if you know what I mean...

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 23:35
Indeed.. I'm gonna try a whole game on Hard to see if the AI really is all that improved. I haven't entirely withdran my complaint yet.