PDA

View Full Version : Lego Star Wars on PC sound problem (not cracked exe)

midimusic5
27th May 2005, 18:18
Anyone else not getting ALL the sound effects in Lego Star Wars? It seems a bunch of sound effects are not playing (some light sabre sounds, blaster sounds). I even tried copying the sounds from the demo version!

I am not using the "NOCD" cracked executable. My LegoStarwars.exe = 11,362,304 bytes.

The most noteable sounds that are missing are blasters and the light saber sound effects. No death sounds either. When I play the demo, all the sounds are there. Very interesting.

The only difference between the demo and the full version seems to be that the demo uses .WAV files and the full version has a SFX.DAT file. Copying the .WAV files over and modifying the audio.cfg doesn't help anything.

There doesn't seem to be any help over at Eidos website except a FAQ that doesn't address this sound problem.

Any help from someone who has fixed this would be greatly appreciated.

zudatron
1st Jun 2005, 18:47
I had the same problem and fixed it, but your results may vary.

I have a Sound Blaster Live Value and am running Windows XP. With the stock XP drivers I had sound problems as you described.

I installed SB drivers from Creative's site "LiveDrvUni-Pack(ENG).exe" and now the sound plays perfectly.

So it's not an absolute flaw with the game, but some kind of incompatability between the game and some sound drivers.

Hopefully others can get it working for their cards also. It is much much better with all the correct Star Wars sounds!