PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS FOR ALL!!! (well maybe)

DarthVader
27th May 2005, 03:19
I just had sucess. I have sucessfully played Lego Star Wars without a graphics card that supports pixel shader v 1.1. here is how you can do it too. go to this link http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/ and download 3D analyze. When you get the program open up lego star wars (C/programs/giant/legostarwars.exe) then check emulate pixel shader 1.1 caps. also check 16 z buffering and emulate TnL caps. Run the game. It might work.
It worked on mine (although some of the graphics are a little weird). I hope this works for you, now I don't feel like I wasted my money. :) :) :) :)

nicotheziico
11th Jun 2005, 06:04
I dont have a graphics card with pizel shader support either. Has anybody else tried this and had it work out? Or is it just a waste of time downloading it?

jaywalker2309
11th Jun 2005, 12:27
I dont have a graphics card with pizel shader support either. Has anybody else tried this and had it work out? Or is it just a waste of time downloading it?

This was posted as a sticky for intel chipset users at the top of the page. Has a more recent version of the same program..

It works, but performance will be slower due to CPU doing more work

iamthedarkside
13th Jun 2005, 13:03
I have got the game to work on my computer using 3Danalyse (thanks DarthVader) I have a two year old desktop with a Geforce 2 MX 400. The computer slows down in places and when certain things are happening (eg. explosions). Though i would like to know if it possible using 3Danalyse to set it that it takes away a graphics problem that i have. When there is rain or lava (especially in the Darth Vader chapter) the lava has animated stars and other various images moving around that slow the computer and make it hard to see where to jump over the lava. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

jaywalker2309
13th Jun 2005, 17:37
I have got the game to work on my computer using 3Danalyse (thanks DarthVader) I have a two year old desktop with a Geforce 2 MX 400. The computer slows down in places and when certain things are happening (eg. explosions). Though i would like to know if it possible using 3Danalyse to set it that it takes away a graphics problem that i have. When there is rain or lava (especially in the Darth Vader chapter) the lava has animated stars and other various images moving around that slow the computer and make it hard to see where to jump over the lava. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Have you tried the more up to date version from teh intel chipset fix thread stuck at top of forum? could possibly help you. .If not theres not a lot we can do as this is a 3rd party software not written by us

liberaldem
12th Aug 2005, 20:51
i just bought lego star wars and i tried what vader said, but it doesn't work. i downloaded the program on that link that was provided, but when i open up legostarwars.exe, it comes up that i need pixel shader v1.1 and doesn't give the option of elmulating pixel shaders and checking the other things. what do i do??
i don't want to return and game and i wanna play it really badly! help please!!!!

jaywalker2309
12th Aug 2005, 21:31
i just bought lego star wars and i tried what vader said, but it doesn't work. i downloaded the program on that link that was provided, but when i open up legostarwars.exe, it comes up that i need pixel shader v1.1 and doesn't give the option of elmulating pixel shaders and checking the other things. what do i do??
i don't want to return and game and i wanna play it really badly! help please!!!!

what graphics card do you actually have?

liberaldem
12th Aug 2005, 21:53
actually, i got it working, nut now when i tried to open the program up it says:

"Failed to create d3d device"

what do i do now? is there something else i need to check?

also, am i supposted to check force 16 bit zbuffer with stencil or without stencil?

Dante123
15th Mar 2007, 03:04
I got Lego Star Wars II to work with a GEForce 4 MX 4000 by using the 3DAnalyzer program with the following settings (that I got from a post by GabrielR in a slightly different thread). He suggested the following:

*Force SW TnL
*Force max.pixel shader v1.1
*Skip pixel shader v1.4 and v2.0
*Save shaders to file (shader.out)
*emulate HW TnL caps
*emulate pixel shader caps

My kids who play the game the most said it work just as good as it did on a newer computer with the right type of graphics card. I do notice that these settings are slightly different than the ones you posted in that we have some additional items checked off and we omit the "check 16 z buffering" which you have suggested. I think I will try the game with that 16 z buffering checked to see if we get any different results. I did add 512 mb of ram to this PC prior to running the game....and maybe that has helped to make any slowdown in the gameplay negligible to my kids. Perhaps on a system with less ram and using the 3DAnalyzer software...there would be more strain on the CPU and more issues with game play. I hope the information is helpful to others stuck with this somewhat crappy graphics card. I am still going to look at upgrading the graphics card in the kids computer.....but this fix buys me some time. Thanks. :)

blinkbonny
31st Mar 2007, 10:58
Thank you so much for that, Dante123 (and all who went before!)

I have a nine year old who spent his birthday money on this game and has been tearing his hair out at not being able to play it. Followed your instructions and off he's gone!!:thumbsup: