PDA

View Full Version : What intrested you about Imperial Glory?

Shadowknight
26th May 2005, 18:33
I was trying to decide what title would have been good for this thread, anyway, lets hear what you have say about what brought your attention to Imperial Glory?

Here's what brought my attention.

I first started playing Total War, Shogun, it was absolutely amazing! as the total war series continued it had made me more demanding of those type of games. As time has past on its time for a change, Imperial Glory.

Imperial Glory caught my eye when i first seen the screenshots/trailers that was released by Game Ltd, Sea battle, land battles and so on, the change that i seen was the Sea Battles and that it was the Napoleonic era, cool eh:)

Now that the game is released and that i've been playing the game that made me so demanding to try anything to get it *tried bribing Game Staff to sell me a copy, they didn't accept it* :(

As you all know the game has errors and problems and hopefully they get all sorted such as adding in: Unit size's and more playable nations etc...

but thats enough from me, lets see what all you have to say :)

dr dooom
26th May 2005, 19:18
well i am fan of total war series and a fan of bonaparte:) didn't really have a choice:)

Nial
26th May 2005, 20:19
One of my favorite time periods. And thats saying alot. :D

Thecrisis5
26th May 2005, 20:25
My favorite time periods are classical (including Egypt), world war's, and the victorian and naoplonic eras. I found out about this game from the total war forum, and whoever posted that, THANK YOU . I absolutly love this game.

Coax74
26th May 2005, 20:41
I was a big fan of the TW series but I was especially anxious because I love reading about that specific period of history. I've read numerous biographies on Wellington, Bonaparte, Thomas Cochran, etc... plus thoroughly enjoyed the Richard Sharpe series of books.

CrossWire
26th May 2005, 21:39
The box, it has the picture of a soldier on it.

Shadowknight
26th May 2005, 22:50
My favorite time periods are classical (including Egypt), world war's, and the victorian and naoplonic eras. I found out about this game from the total war forum, and whoever posted that, THANK YOU . I absolutly love this game.

i also love playing games that are based in ancient times, especially based on The Romans.

Broadside
26th May 2005, 23:07
Like many others I am loyal to the TW series of games and always will be while they maintain their present quality, but I love the Napoleonic period, using artillery and the huge stone fortifications of the period. I am also a fan of anything that tries to simulate warfare in the age of sail, although I must admit IG is a big letdown regarding the latter because of the huge "falling off the edge of the map problem" .

imperialist274
27th May 2005, 20:51
Was a TW war fan. Seems like all Imperial Glory players are. Played the demo, seemed awesome. Reminded me of TW engine. The graphics peaked my interest as well. So I scrounged up $40 to go out and buy it. TW may be forced to add naval battles in their next creation or lose customers :rolleyes: . Only con is that it is not historical enough. Otherwise, amazing.

tooz
28th May 2005, 00:34
I used to be a big fan of Combat Mission (Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin, and Afrika Korps) but now I have switched my addiction to Rome: Total War. Their forum led me to the IG demo. I am hoping that IG becomes available for purchase here in China (presently working here, teaching English) AS LONG AS I DON'T BUY A DAMNED BOOTLEG COPY--way too common here in the PRC--90% of all software is pirated :mad: :mad: :mad:! The good news about buying LEGIT PC games here in the PRC is that the cost is unbelievably cheap--usually less than $8 :cool: :D. The bad news is that, of course, most of the game is in Chinese--except for the interface.
What I especially LOVE is the stirring music and the British voice-overs: "The Regiment will advance!"
Can't wait to get the whole game.

ptan54
29th May 2005, 21:05
1) Interest in the Napoleonic era (have tons of books on the subject).
2) Interest in wargames.

Kidshocker
29th May 2005, 21:11
I was part of a Napoleonic Nation Roleplay, and was looking though my PC Gamer magazines when I found Imperial Glory. I was sad to see, my nation(Bavaria) was left out of Imperial Glory. Bavaria is more important then Saxony!!