PDA

View Full Version : Please help me !!!

robin van eyk
26th May 2005, 18:00
:mad: after a week i am still not able to play online .

my specs P 3 ghz ,1024 mb ramm , adsl connection Basic , no router and no firewall enabled .

when i host online (yes i use the internetbutton ) i see my Local IP adress !!!!
that should be my external IP adress .

when i host in gamespy nobody can connect ........when i join on gamespy it says cant connect with server .

there is only 1 way fore me to play and that is direct IP and when i fill in the IP of a friend i click on connect i can see the server !! .
but he cant do the same because when i use my ip adres he dont see me .

i realy dont get it because i have right now +- 5 game,s and i play them all online .

who have the golden tip fore me ? :cool: .....thanks in advance !!!

(moderator this is my last question on this matter than i give up and put the game away ) .

to bad because this game is the suprise of the year fore me . !!

GenMoore
26th May 2005, 18:21
I cannot understand the problem some are haveing with this game, it works perfect for me. :D

No editor,'though'.

robin van eyk
26th May 2005, 22:20
:mad: :mad: wel fine that it works fore you ....you are a great help indeed !!

Coax74
26th May 2005, 22:23
You'd give up the game just because you can't play online?? I only play single-player (mainly because I absolutely suck so much that I could never compete online) and enjoy it thoroughly without the multi-player aspect.

Broadside
26th May 2005, 23:59
Try contacting Pyro tech support? I am not a multi player so cannot help directly

jaywalker2309
27th May 2005, 08:20
after a week i am still not able to play online .

my specs P 3 ghz ,1024 mb ramm , adsl connection Basic , no router and no firewall enabled .

when i host online (yes i use the internetbutton ) i see my Local IP adress !!!!
that should be my external IP adress .

when i host in gamespy nobody can connect ........when i join on gamespy it says cant connect with server .

there is only 1 way fore me to play and that is direct IP and when i fill in the IP of a friend i click on connect i can see the server !! .
but he cant do the same because when i use my ip adres he dont see me .

i realy dont get it because i have right now +- 5 game,s and i play them all online .

who have the golden tip fore me ? :cool: .....thanks in advance !!!

(moderator this is my last question on this matter than i give up and put the game away ) .

to bad because this game is the suprise of the year fore me . !!

We are trying to find a solution, its definitely something on your system. A few people on GS have gotten it to work after having no luck at all.. Will try and get them to post their findings

robin van eyk
27th May 2005, 14:41
rgr that thanks fore your reply .

in the mean wile i play the campagn i have to say it is very good .

i hope i can play online in the future .

mabye with a patch ore a other sulution !!

thanks already !!

robin van eyk
28th May 2005, 22:55
:confused: :confused: :confused: i do my best to solve this problem i try everything still no joy on this 1 .

imperialist274
28th May 2005, 22:58
So, what is the problem when you connect via gamespy?

robin van eyk
29th May 2005, 06:00
read first than ask !!! :mad:

GenMoore
29th May 2005, 16:02
I have tried MP game,and all freeze up, even with my Norton giveing the ok and opening the correct ports.

Have not GS but tried with IP, still no good. :(

will need sorting. :)

Benj
29th May 2005, 16:12
I also can't play on Gamespy, the game loads then says that it has failed to connect to server.

All necessary ports are open etc.

robin van eyk
30th May 2005, 14:08
come on people we need answers !!!!!!!!!! they have to fix this .

redboo
30th May 2005, 14:30
I think this a problem with private/public IP address. Do use a USB modem?

markl187ld
30th May 2005, 14:39
http://www.portforward.com/

robin van eyk
30th May 2005, 18:21
I think this a problem with private/public IP address. Do use a USB modem?

nope no USB modem just a analoog modem !! (ADSL)

redboo
30th May 2005, 18:49
Try disabling any network cards in MY connection other than the modem.

GenMoore
30th May 2005, 19:30
Redboo that does not make sense( in modem) Van eyk said he has ADSL, not modem.

'Wake up man', :D

I have ADSL to and near same specks as Robin van elk, and nothing works on MP.

All ok on Single Player though, will wait till this is fixed. ;)

redboo
30th May 2005, 19:40
There must be somthing to turn the dsl frames to ethernet frames, this device is know as a modem. What I think is happening is IG is picking up the private IP address rather than the public IP address. So if the only connection that windows knows about is the device that turns dsl frames to ethernet frames (modem) there is only one IP address.

GenMoore
30th May 2005, 19:44
Hmmm, 'good answer', you maybe right. :D

We will see, as I have both I will try and let you know. :rolleyes:

robin van eyk
31st May 2005, 22:58
no joy yet ....working hard to find some answers .reinstalled XP ...firewall of ,no virusscanners installed ,no router availeble .

still the same problem ....friend of mine bought the game ,also the same problem .

when he host in the game true internet he see his local ipadress also .

what can it be ?

5 other game,s i play online withouth problems (il-2,brothers in arms , silenthunter 3 , cod , batlefield 42 and blitzkrieg ........in thoose game,s i can host and join withouth any problems .

still have fun in the campagn imperial glory but online is also a option i want to use .

only way to play IG online is to join by direct IP . that works . :cool:

robin van eyk
1st Jun 2005, 18:21
25 euro fore the one who can help me (y)

GenMoore
1st Jun 2005, 20:31
Resorting to bribery are we :D .

Well I think its a common problem, so we will have to wait.

Sorry I cannot have the 20 euro, would have come in handy. ;)'oops' 25 'it was'. :(

robin van eyk
1st Jun 2005, 20:36
i am gonne cal the helpdesc of this game tomorow lets see they can offer us some help .

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 10:18
BY local I.P address do you mean 192.xxx.xxx.xxx ? Try going start run type in cmd press return type ipconfig/all and posting the results.

robin van eyk
2nd Jun 2005, 12:57
base-T adapter copper rj-45
IP addess 10.0.0.3 (local) ( this is wat i see in the left corner when i host a game)

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

ppp adapter :
connection DNS :
Dhcp enabled no
IP adress 80.126.173.67. (this is what expect to see but dont see in the left corner) :mad:
subnetmask 255.255.255.255

jaywalker2309
2nd Jun 2005, 13:04
base-T adapter copper rj-45
IP addess 10.0.0.3 (local) ( this is wat i see in the left corner when i host a game)

subnet mask 255.255.255.0

ppp adapter :
connection DNS :
Dhcp enabled no
IP adress 80.126.173.67. (this is what expect to see but dont see in the left corner) :mad:
subnetmask 255.255.255.255

Are you with BT? what is the make/model of the modem you are connecting via?

Benj
2nd Jun 2005, 13:11
Hmmm, when I try to host I see my mac address on the left :confused:

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 13:13
I would edit out your public ip address if I you. Robin is on xs4all, in Holland. I could be a problem with NAT if using ADSL ethernet modem, if you are using a USB ADSL modem try disabling any other network cards.

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 13:35
I done a bit of thinking, you will need your isp dns in your tcp/ip settings. You can get them for your ISP. To change them go to my network places select view network connections. Right click on your lan connection select internet protocol at the bottom of the page select use the following dns then add the isp's dns then hit o.k.

robin van eyk
2nd Jun 2005, 15:28
ok i give it a try .......have to find out the DNS adress of xs4all .

with a litle bit of luck i can play now :rolleyes:

thanks fore reply,s people !!!

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 16:00
xsforall dns are 194.109.6.66 and 194.109.9.99. Benj try ipconfig/all and post results if you are using an ethernet modem. If you are using a use modem try diasabling all network cards.

robin van eyk
2nd Jun 2005, 17:33
rgr that !!

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 21:25
Try adding the default gateway 10.0.0.1. It change be change on the screen as the dns. By the way disable your guest account, quickly

robin van eyk
2nd Jun 2005, 22:10
i have try it and it dont work !!!!!!!!!!

i am running out of options !!! :( :(

redboo
2nd Jun 2005, 22:40
I think that your Ip settings should be as follows;

ip address 10.0.0.3
subnetmask 255.0.0.0
deflaut gateway 10.0.0.1

dns

If that dosn't work return to your orignal settings.

The last thing I can think off the host file.

open the windows folder on the hard disk find system32 ->drives->etc

find the filecalled hosts
double click on it select notepad

add the line

80.126.173.67 localhost

robin van eyk
2nd Jun 2005, 22:47
rgr that i give it a try .....by the way thankyou very much fore your using your time on this problem !!!

Benj
2nd Jun 2005, 23:01
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : BENJAMIN
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0C-76-FE-76-AC
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.5
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : fe80::20c:76ff:fefe:76ac%4
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 02 June 2005 23:54:53
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 03 June 2005 23:54:53

I'm with BT, and using a Netgear DG834 router. 192.168.0.5 is the address of the computer on my home network, 192.160.0.1 is the router.

robin van eyk
3rd Jun 2005, 04:13
i try everything with no result !!!!!!!!!

lets hope there come,s a patch because lots of people have the same problem !!

thanks fore all the help people !! :cool:

screamingpalm
3rd Jun 2005, 05:33
yeah, ditto here. I can join games, but cannot host. It keeps saying that my internal IP is different from my external IP and blames NAT proxy or firewall (always hatin' on the firewall lol). My ISP doesnt use a proxy, and even when I uninstalled my firewall, gamespy still says it detects a firewall or proxy with the same error message. Ive been able to host games of RTW, which uses gamespy, so I give up. Has something to do with IG not having its own lobby I guess. And I assume only those with cable (and a static IP) can host games of IG. I have DSL and cannot get my IP's to match. A group of four of us all had DSL and took turns trying to host and could not get a game going.

redboo
3rd Jun 2005, 08:18
Benj you could try a static IP address and also try finding your ISP’s dns. Use the following settings

IP address 192.168.0.5
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.0.1

Hopefully that will get rid of the mac address

The problem lies in name resolution to IP address. Gamespy checks the host name with ISP dns to get the public IP for some reason on your machines is not being done

robin van eyk
3rd Jun 2005, 14:12
yeah, ditto here. I can join games, but cannot host. It keeps saying that my internal IP is different from my external IP and blames NAT proxy or firewall (always hatin' on the firewall lol). My ISP doesnt use a proxy, and even when I uninstalled my firewall, gamespy still says it detects a firewall or proxy with the same error message. Ive been able to host games of RTW, which uses gamespy, so I give up. Has something to do with IG not having its own lobby I guess. And I assume only those with cable (and a static IP) can host games of IG. I have DSL and cannot get my IP's to match. A group of four of us all had DSL and took turns trying to host and could not get a game going.

exactly and i know lots of people with the same problem .

i send a e-mail to Edos including DxDiag report .....lets hope the sort it out .
in the mean wile i atack Spain in the campagn !!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Mike_B
3rd Jun 2005, 14:17
Well seeing as I also have DSL I gave it a try this morning before I went to school and all went fine..

I could start a host game without a problem.

IP adress is dynamic
subnet = 255.255.255.255
gateway = same as ip adress.

Also redboo, you're not going to be able to play online if you're using the 192.168* range seeing as those are internal ip adresses for your lan..

robin van eyk
3rd Jun 2005, 16:34
wel that exactly the problem i cant use dynamic IP because i have only 1 IP to use !!!!!!!!

it al depend what provider you have .

i just have bad luck !!! :mad:

Benj
3rd Jun 2005, 17:14
Tried all sorts of different combinations and still can't get rid of the mac address in ipconfig/all.

This is not a problem with any except IG :mad:

robin van eyk
3rd Jun 2005, 17:46
absolutly true Benj

robin van eyk
4th Jun 2005, 21:34
still no answer from gamesuport Eidos ....a other friend bought also this game with axactly the same problems .

people i truely hope the gonne make a patch fore MP other wise 50 % of the players cant join ore host a game !!!!!!! * :(

robin van eyk
5th Jun 2005, 20:02
wat i see in gamepy on the highest peak 20 players online in CW

i wonder why !!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :eek: :mad: