PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Groups?

member_10164340
31st May 2012, 13:43
Have all the groups gone!? I don't like this new configuration...

Grimoire
31st May 2012, 14:03
Good question. There is still a Groups tab on the My Site section, but "There are no groups to display at this time.", and the Privacy Settings have the following options listed:

"Group Broadcasts Group owners and moderators may send out broadcast messages to members of their group. When you join a group, would you like to allow that group's owners and moderators to send you broadcast messages?

Yes, I want to receive group broadcasts (default)

No, please block group broadcasts"

Maybe the groups will return/be reintroduced in the future?

Goma999
31st May 2012, 14:15
Where are all my games that i have Registerd?

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 14:17

Hmm, mine carried over, not showing up for you?
They did say they were aware of issues are are working to fix it.

member_10192073
31st May 2012, 14:21
so wat are the rewards for 2011-2012???

Persiangato
31st May 2012, 15:22

Square Enix Members Ultimate Bundle

<ul>

Amano Yo****aka FINAL FANTASY art print (approximate retail value ($150.00)

Square Enix Members license plate (approximate retail value $50)

Square Enix Members fleece blanket (approximate retail value $30)

Square Enix Members lanyard (approximate retail value ($10)

[/list]

Looks like these will be our rewards. A strange bunch, but nifty in their own little respect. Here's the picture of the art print (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=kgrhqvhjb8e8fqmnzybbpmj.jpg&res=medium) the members program gave away in Japan. Most likely we'll receive the same, but the bottom will be changed into English.

PAT2K9
31st May 2012, 15:29

Square Enix Members Ultimate Bundle

<ul>

Amano Yo****aka FINAL FANTASY art print (approximate retail value ($150.00)

Square Enix Members license plate (approximate retail value $50)

Square Enix Members fleece blanket (approximate retail value $30)

Square Enix Members lanyard (approximate retail value ($10)

[/list]

Looks like these will be our rewards. A strange bunch, but nifty in their own little respect. Here's the picture of the art print (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg213/scaled.php?server=213&filename=kgrhqvhjb8e8fqmnzybbpmj.jpg&res=medium) the members program gave away in Japan. Most likely we'll receive the same, but the bottom will be changed into English.

Great find. Thank you for sharing... :-)

member_10768503
31st May 2012, 16:03
where are the groups *sniffle* http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10192073
31st May 2012, 16:03
how many points do u hav to get to be ultimate? or gold?

Persiangato
31st May 2012, 16:07
how many points do u hav to get to be ultimate? or gold?

For the upcoming year, it hasn't been announced. If you're talking about the previous one that we haven't registered for yet, it was

Bronze: 50
Silver: 500
Gold: 750
Ultimate: 1000

Bhalditar
31st May 2012, 16:41
Groups have yet to be implemented. Stay tuned!

member_10768503
31st May 2012, 16:46
okay!! i think i can wait a little longer i mean i checked the old site when it went down for those three months i think i can wait a littl while :P

Zench-XIII
31st May 2012, 16:52
Things are kind of inversed. I mean, when the site went down and returned only the groups were available, while the MyPage wasn't available. Now that the site is back, we have functional profiles for each user, but no groups.

member_10768503
31st May 2012, 16:57
its like we cant win *sigh* oh well it will be back up eventualy just got to give it time

Goma999
31st May 2012, 16:57

Hmm, mine carried over, not showing up for you?
They did say they were aware of issues are are working to fix it.

i hope they fix it soon. yeah mine are not there

Zench-XIII
31st May 2012, 17:05
its like we cant win *sigh* oh well it will be back up eventualy just got to give it time

Oh well, if I managed to wait for the site to return after its fall last December, I think I can wait a bit more.

Especially since this time I can send messages. I see that as a victory... sorta

member_10827409
31st May 2012, 17:12

hmmm interesting.... there have been obvisly changes of coruse. well i guess the're gone for now.

member_10768503
31st May 2012, 17:14

Oh well, if I managed to wait for the site to return after its fall last December, I think I can wait a bit more.

Especially since this time I can send messages. I see that as a victory... sorta

lol yea i dont think this is that bad i missed being able to talk to my friends

member_10827409
31st May 2012, 17:14
Groups have yet to be implemented. Stay tuned!

but ...obvoiusly....they ain't gonna like this.

Zench-XIII
31st May 2012, 17:22

lol yea i dont think this is that bad i missed being able to talk to my friends

You just hit the spot. With that I'm more than satisfied.

member_10768503
31st May 2012, 17:29
i am happy as hell that i can talk to my friends i missed everyone http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10527262
31st May 2012, 20:35

You think you don't Ducky??? I HATE IT!! I suck at forum style.. TT3TT

member_10129713
31st May 2012, 23:13
What happened to the journals settings? Am i only able to share my stuff with everyone and not just my friends? I waited since November for this to be fixed and I dont like it at all http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

member_10827409
31st May 2012, 23:22
What happened to the journals settings? Am i only able to share my stuff with everyone and not just my friends? I waited since November for this to be fixed and I dont like it at all http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

don't worry i'll be fixed.

@ yuna: hey i been meaning to ask u something.

Popcicle
4th Jun 2012, 00:57
I'm sorry that I can't confirm anything at the moment. Currently we haven't revealed what previous features will return and how they'll change. In the meantime, I'm glad many of you are enjoying the forums--as we definitely consider this the premier place to hear and talk about our games.

Ryutim
5th Jun 2012, 16:25
I understand that you can't reveal anything at the moment, but I think I speak for quite a lot of us users when I say that we'd really appreciate having the groups and journal entries back up and running as soon as possible. I for one prefer posting with a few friends in a group, rather than having my ideas and comments out on the forums for anyone to see, and I don't feel like I can relax and just be myself on the forums when I know that anyone can log on and read my comments whenever they like. I'm gratefull to you and the square-enix team for reading our concerns about these matters and I look forward to seeing what changes and additions are made on this site.

IvoryShade
15th Jun 2012, 22:33
Man I'm getting so sick of the constant changes. I outta slap some people around. There was nothing wrong with the old set up.

Ryutim
16th Jun 2012, 14:45
I'm right there with ya dude. I really miss the crazy RPs I played with my friends on the groups I was in, and I also miss being able to just rant about stuff for a while without worrying that any random person could log on and see the random stuff I said, just because I needed to vent, y'know?

member_10074587
4th Jul 2012, 04:52
I like the members site the way it USED to be

I care about ALL companies regardless of who makes them /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif I reported who blocked Mega Man thread I started I don't join Facebook & twitter due to personal reasons. mainly privacy issues I support bring back MML3 and so do 100,000 other people. I wanted so much to be a game desiner but programming was WAY over my head. so I turned my expertise to a home business instead. A fellow GUNDAM lover asked me to be sub-leader becasue I am PASSIONATE about that anime. I also managed RPG Treasury myself & FF_Fan 13 we posted gaming deals EVERY WEEK for you

I posted E3 & Tokyo Gaming Show news for Past 3 years in my Final Fantasy Series group because I wanted to /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif in which case most of U worked and I knew U would want to know what was going on. If this is how the new SE member site will be I will only come to register my games and nothing else

update July 4 not 6th LOL mind is still sleepy zzz...

Journals back too would be nice since can't Post Pictures /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif I enjoyed very much reading journals that other members Posted. In the Past 3 years I frequented members more than youtube so that says something right there /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-smile.gif

member_10579103
6th Jul 2012, 08:35
I came to this site a lot before the last update when Square changed everything about the site. It was a fun place with a lot of fun people and I met a lot of people that I really like and friends that I genuinely care about through that. Now, I pretty much have no reason to visit the site except to try and find the answr to this. Can anyone enlighten me why they're gone?

Lightning_Stryker
6th Jul 2012, 11:22
There's still parts of the site that are being worked on and that happens to be one of them. Some admins said that you can expect older features to come back as well as some new ones, and also the fact that we have a groups link when you go to my site means that they are eventually going to come back. We just have to be patient. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif I totally understand what you're saying though because I miss my groups! ^^ Haha

Popcicle
6th Jul 2012, 11:42
While the groups haven't made an appearance yet, the site is still focused on Square Enix fans and friends, and is even more open now with public forums where everyone can share in the discussion. I hope that you can find your friends here and enjoy the site, even as more features open up!

member_10074587
6th Jul 2012, 16:21
While the groups haven't made an appearance yet, the site is still focused on Square Enix fans and friends, and is even more open now with public forums where everyone can share in the discussion. I hope that you can find your friends here and enjoy the site, even as more features open up!

with threads U can only post "sqaure enix" related things just made a thread expressing my sadness/frustration http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif until then will post both SE/non SE gaming news on youtube

Ryutim
17th Aug 2012, 10:28
I don't know if there's a more recent thread talking about this, but does anyone know if the groups are gonna be brought back? I haven't heard anything about this in over two months, and since the groups are the main reason why I'm here in the first place (and therefore have little reason to come on here anymore), I just thought I'd ask. If they're not gonna bring back the groups, then I might as well not log on here anymore.

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 12:57
*Checks*

The Groups tab is still there in the My Activities section, so it looks like the plans haven't been completely discarded yet.

kingdom117
17th Aug 2012, 14:57
I came to this site a few days before they changed it to this new setup, and I can't really recall how the old setup felt and looked.
So for newcomers, I think it's nice and smooth.
This are just my thoughts :P

Ryutim
18th Aug 2012, 11:29
Maybe so, but a smooth layout doesn't make up for a lack of features. Anyway, I know that the groups tab is up there, but whenever you click on it, it says that "There are no groups to display at this time.", and I know that that probably means that they're gonna bring them back eventually, but I've been waiting ever since they changed the site (which was like, forever ago), so when are they finally gonna bring them back?

Grimoire
18th Aug 2012, 11:44
It has been less than three months (79 days) since this version of the website officially went online, so it's only understandable that there are still plenty of features that have yet to be implemented. Well, no need to hurry.

member_10768503
18th Aug 2012, 13:00
sigh* i miss groups they need to hurry and bring them back i understand that they are buessy trying to get everything else runnning but as far as i can tell people from the old site miss groups and journal entreys more then they do most of the the other features

member_10829610
19th Aug 2012, 12:20
I think that the Groups, along with other things, will be added later on. I miss them too, but we can either work with what we got or leave & return when more content is added.

member_10768503
19th Aug 2012, 12:58
lol what do you think most of us have been doing :P

member_10829610
19th Aug 2012, 13:29
lol what do you think most of us have been doing :P

Yeah, I don't see a lot of regulars on here as much. But hey, they'll be back sooner or later (when the Groups come back) /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Lightning_Stryker
19th Aug 2012, 13:31
Im with u guys I totally miss my groups! >.<

member_10768503
19th Aug 2012, 20:22
lol lighting i think we all miss groups a little to much i am starting to think most of us did have lives http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif

Lightning_Stryker
19th Aug 2012, 21:46
Lolz well all we can do is wait and hope that they come back up soon lol :D

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 01:10
...i think we all miss groups a little to much...

I don't.

member_10827409
20th Aug 2012, 01:36

(one shot graphic novel)

member_10770952
20th Aug 2012, 02:09
lol lighting i think we all miss groups a little to much i am starting to think most of us did have lives

(yuna...)

member_10770952
20th Aug 2012, 02:15

(one shot graphic novel)

look zack i know what it feels to be hurt i do but listen to me let it go. you're just insulting and throwing blows at the wind.

Grimoire
20th Aug 2012, 02:27

Cease your threats. This thread is about groups, take your personal disputes elsewhere. Your previous post has now been reported.

member_10827409
20th Aug 2012, 08:31
crap .....

member_10768503
20th Aug 2012, 16:15
O.O rip whos throat out what did i do??????

Zench-XIII
20th Aug 2012, 23:40

(one shot graphic novel)

look zack i know what it feels to be hurt i do but listen to me let it go. you're just insulting and throwing blows at the wind.

Look at this, we have "two" users talking to each other on a thread. Hey, what's this? Super and Zack have the same PSN account?! Ok, this could be a coincidence, but wait a minute, I detect an extremely similar writing pattern.

Super, Zack, whatever you call yourself, knock it off already. You've been doing nothing but stalk and harass the same person, so sickening and pathetic. I don't care what the heck's going on with you, but cease your nonsense for good!

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 01:01
(one shot graphic novel)
Look at this, we have "two" users talking to each other on a thread. Hey, what's this? Super and Zack have the same PSN account?! Ok, this could be a coincidence, but wait a minute, I detect an extremely similar writing pattern.Super, Zack, whatever you call yourself, knock it off already. You've been doing nothing but stalk and harass the same person, so sickening and pathetic. I don't care what the heck's going on with you, but cease your nonsense for good!
who died and made you "Mr concerned "? im trying to move on. so. just shut the hell up you don't even know what you're taking about.

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 01:06
O.O rip whos throat out what did i do??????

sorry miss yuna. i was talking about light. i apologise -_-

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 01:58
@zench: besides the only thing that's pathetic around here is you. for someone who doesn't "care" what's happening to the other person. it looks like you have a knack for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. besides i already forgave her by the and you must be high because me and cloud are not the same person however you believe it. so you're of out of Luck dude. you can either keep being involved in something that no longer exist and look like a fool and betray your statement of you not caring about anything ... or you can act normal. so witch one is it?

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 02:11

Lighting.. i know you don't wanna hear anything i have but but forgive my recent outbursts things have rather been getting me stressed and it's never a good. idea. to look back on the past (certain things of it.) so yeah.. im sorry.

member_10829610
21st Aug 2012, 06:36
@zench: besides the only thing that's pathetic around here is you. for someone who doesn't "care" what's happening to the other person. it looks like you have a knack for sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. besides i already forgave her by the and you must be high because me and cloud are not the same person however you believe it. so you're of out of Luck dude. you can either keep being involved in something that no longer exist and look like a fool and betray your statement of you not caring about anything ... or you can act normal. so witch one is it?

The thing is, there's always the message system if you don't want others in your business (and if you want to talk about something that is off-topic). Maybe Zench's assumption about you two being the same is wrong, but if you don't want people involved then don't put it out in the open. Of course, this is for future reference.

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 07:36

The thing is, there's always the message system if you don't want others in your business (and if you want to talk about something that is off-topic). Maybe Zench's assumption about you two being the same are wrong, but if you don't want people involved then don't put it out in the open. Of course, this is for future reference.

thanks um ritcter B.

member_10768503
21st Aug 2012, 12:15
O.O i am sooo confuesed

Grimoire
21st Aug 2012, 17:46
(one shot graphic novel)
Look at this, we have "two" users talking to each other on a thread. Hey, what's this? Super and Zack have the same PSN account?! Ok, this could be a coincidence, but wait a minute, I detect an extremely similar writing pattern.Super, Zack, whatever you call yourself, knock it off already. You've been doing nothing but stalk and harass the same person, so sickening and pathetic. I don't care what the heck's going on with you, but cease your nonsense for good!
who died and made you "Mr concerned "? im trying to move on. so. just shut the hell up you don't even know what you're taking about.

Reported. Well observed, Zench.

SE_GMQeepel
21st Aug 2012, 18:23
Hello,

I'd like to remind everyone to please refrain from off topic discussions and inflammatory remarks, which can be considered a violation of the forum guidelines. Please consider using private messaging for personal messages or the block user function.

Thank you.

-SQUARE ENIX MODERATOR

Grimoire
21st Aug 2012, 18:37
Thank you for a job well done, [SE] Thomas.

Well then, let's see...say the groups feature returns. Would you recreate your old groups or start entirely new ones? And, if so, what would they focus on?

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 19:00
if they return because it might not come back at all. ( are you snd zench is trying to make me angry again grimore?)

Grimoire
21st Aug 2012, 19:05
Judging by the Groups tab and the PRIVACY SETTINGS information ("Group Broadcasts Group owners and moderators may send out broadcast messages to members of their group. When you join a group, would you like to allow that group's owners and moderators to send you broadcast messages?

- Yes, I want to receive group broadcasts (default)

- No, please block group broadcasts"), the feature will return sooner or later.

( are you snd zench is trying to make me angry again grimore?)

"I'd like to remind everyone to please refrain from off topic discussions and inflammatory remarks, which can be considered a violation of the forum guidelines. Please consider using private messaging for personal messages or the block user function."

member_10628951
21st Aug 2012, 19:14
Judging by the Groups tab and the PRIVACY SETTINGS information ("Group Broadcasts Group owners and moderators may send out broadcast messages to members of their group. When you join a group, would you like to allow that group's owners and moderators to send you broadcast messages?

"I'd like to remind everyone to please refrain from off topic discussions and inflammatory remarks, which can be considered a violation of the forum guidelines. Please consider using private messaging for personal messages or the block user function."

^^This. Dude just chill. All of us here are very "ride with the tide" type of peole. No need to go against the tide.

On topic, groups are cool but I dont find them an absolute for the site to function well. We are all discussing with each other a lot more than before and I for one find that a plus ;).

member_10827409
21st Aug 2012, 19:43

^^This. Dude just chill. All of us here are very "ride with the tide" type of peole. No need to go against the tide.

On topic, groups are cool but I dont find them an absolute for the site to function well. We are all discussing with each other a lot more than before and I for one find that a plus ;).

nice im glad to hear it^^ to be honest things between us and other been on a totally different level than before :) so who needs e'm?

im to trying to "ride with the tide" rather than go against it. really i am. i would like nothing more than doing just that. but how can i when are when there i people who happens to "ride with the tide' are trying to turn me against it? im not trying to sound angry it just feels like it.

member_10829610
21st Aug 2012, 23:42
Would you recreate your old groups or start entirely new ones? And, if so, what would they focus on?

I'd like to see/create a general group for each respective series (ex: a Star Ocean general group) & some fanclub groups for specific titles (ex: a Final Fantasy IV fan group). All of these groups must keep their topics in relation to their respective series though (unless an off-topic section is made, but they must follow the forum rules in terms of ethics). Some of the old groups had little to no purpose imo (wasn't there a Pokemon group on the old site? Why!?), so I think there must be guidelines to making groups as well (such as groups with obscure names, duplicate groups, etc.). That's all I got, but I think group guidelines will keep things more orderly.

SN: This actually sounds very similar to the forums lol.

Ryutim
22nd Aug 2012, 10:46
I actually enjoyed being able to come on and talk about whatever I felt like, regardless of what it was (I was actually a member of one of the pokemon groups), and I really hope that they bring back all the groups that we had before the site changed. Also, I just don't feel comfortable talking openly in the forums, because anybody can come on here and see everyone's comments, whereas in the groups, it was limited to just the people in that group, and really, I think it's safe to say that we all talk/act differently when we're with a few friends, as opposed to when we know that anyone could hear us (so to speak).

Grimoire
22nd Aug 2012, 11:17
...I think it's safe to say that we all talk/act differently when we're with a few friends, as opposed to when we know that anyone could hear us (so to speak).

I certainly don't.

member_10768503
22nd Aug 2012, 15:20
i agree with ryutim some of use dont feel compfotable talk out in the open where can anyone can read and comment that originally starts agrugements because people come on and start comming and insulting people on there opinions but when you with friends they dont really do it rudly because they are your friends lol

member_10827409
22nd Aug 2012, 15:39
whooo hoo!! ^^^

Dkside
23rd Aug 2012, 14:00
Well then, let's see...say the groups feature returns. Would you recreate your old groups or start entirely new ones? And, if so, what would they focus on?

That is a good question Grimoire. I do miss my old RP groups, but the prospect of starting something new is intriguing. Either way I'm looking for a creative group to contribute to. I've found over the years that pure discussions about games tend to get stale from time to time, re-hashing the same debates over and over again. Trust me, I'm not imaginative enough to bring up a fresh topic on game discussion, so I'm guilty of it as well. Don't get me wrong, I love my consoles and enjoy all the games I have, especially Square Enix RPGs. I guess we'll see how things turn out as this site progresses and adds more features.

member_10768503
23rd Aug 2012, 16:55
cant wait! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Ryutim
24th Aug 2012, 09:44
Me neither. Maybe they'll bring back the groups, but make it possible to join more than five groups at a time, that way, we can try new things if we want, but still keep the groups we love. I know some people who made multiple accounts because of the five group limit.

Grimoire
24th Aug 2012, 10:33
There was a five group limit? But I was part of seven groups...?

member_10827409
24th Aug 2012, 19:11
*sighs*

Ryutim
26th Aug 2012, 12:51
I might have been wrong, I only joined three groups, so I might have read some comments wrong and assumed incorrectly, sorry about that.

member_10827409
26th Aug 2012, 14:15
no you're right. the fact is you could only create three groups. as for joining them.... there's no limit. you can join as many as you want.

Grimoire
26th Aug 2012, 14:51
Wait a second...

Me neither. Maybe they'll bring back the groups, but make it possible to join more than five groups at a time, that way, we can try new things if we want, but still keep the groups we love. I know some people who made multiple accounts because of the five group limit.

This is incorrect. The limit on how many groups you could be the main leader of at one and the same time was, however, three. You could always delete one of your three groups and create a new one whenever you wanted (or simply leave one of them).

Dkside
27th Aug 2012, 08:02
Wait a second...

This is incorrect. The limit on how many groups you could be the main leader of at one and the same time was, however, three. You could always delete one of your three groups and create a new one whenever you wanted (or simply leave one of them).

There actually was a limit on the number of groups you could be a member of, but it was a lot larger than 3 or even 5. I did have this problem on occasion and had to leave some groups to become a member of another. The limit was like 15 or something? I don't remember clearly. If those old groups come back, of which I do not have a whole lot of optimism, I hope they offer us a way to join more groups and create more than just three.

Grimoire
27th Aug 2012, 09:32
I know there was a limit, but since I only ever was a member of 7 at one and the same time, I personally never found out exactly what the limit was. 15 sounds like a good estimate judging by how many groups members like Gaialei_Strife seemed to be a part of.

Dkside
27th Aug 2012, 09:39
Perhaps that will have to be remedied in the future Grimoire, mayhaps there will be some compelling groups out there worth joining when everything is operating. Here's to hoping we travel in similar group circles, there's always room for our resident archeologist in my book.

Grimoire
27th Aug 2012, 09:43
*Coughs* Archaeologist..., huh...
*Thinks: "Must not click the report button...!"*
Do not associate me with those... They have a bad habit of never knowing when to quit.
I am a Paleontologist, as can be read in the English version of the Omega Reports. ("...I was informed by a fellow paleontologist this morning...") grimoirevalentine.webs.com/The_Omega_Rep... (http://grimoirevalentine.webs.com/The_Omega_Reports.htm) (Bonus: semna17.webs.com/Grimoire_Throne.png (http://semna17.webs.com/Grimoire_Throne.png) semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg (http://semna27.webs.com/The_Grimoire_Reaper.jpg) semna23.webs.com/Dino_Chips.jpg (http://semna23.webs.com/Dino_Chips.jpg))

Back to the subject: A group system will most likely be introduced here on this version of SEM NA sooner or later. That's all we know at the moment.

Ryutim
27th Aug 2012, 22:13
Yeah, let's just hope it's soon, I'm getting sick of these forums. As for the limit comment, like I said, I only joined three, so I must have misread some comment or other. Sorry about the confusion, my bad.

Dkside
28th Aug 2012, 09:51
My bad, Grimoire. It seems I let my mouth run away with me again. Palentologist! Don't even know how I completely confused the two.. totally different.

Grimoire
28th Aug 2012, 13:16
Thank you.

member_10422215
8th Sep 2012, 20:47
T~T I miss the groups,and there taking FOREVER to come back >.< I've been so bored!

Grimoire
9th Sep 2012, 01:27
I would like to remind you that there is a search function in the upper right corner of this page. It can't be overused.

[GENERAL FORUM GUIDELINES]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[Be sure to use clearly written thread titles. A post with an ambiguous title such as "HELP!&rdquo;, &ldquo;LOL&rdquo;, &ldquo;?&rdquo; or &ldquo;OMG&rdquo; will attract far less relevant replies in comparison to titles that give a clear description of the thread contained within.]

-----------------------------------------------

[While the groups haven't made an appearance yet, the site is still focused on Square Enix fans and friends, and is even more open now with public forums where everyone can share in the discussion. I hope that you can find your friends here and enjoy the site, even as more features open up!]

You will have to wait until the new [Group] system is ready to go.
For now, enjoy what the new forum has to offer. And don't start threads like this here in the [General Discussion] forum. They belong in [Members Site Feedback]. You may continue your discussion in the following thread:

[WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO GROUPS?]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29220317/What_ever_happened_to_Groups)

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 04:02
I waited months during the hack to be able to RP when the site was finally restored, many people had given up on the stories erasing so much creativity to the stories. Then SEM decided to update the site. Originally members could access their pages after the hack, now we can't access Groups. Were are efforts of entertainment with one another for nothing?

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 04:19
[General Forum Guidelines]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)
[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

You may continue your discussion in the following thread:
[What ever happened to Groups?]
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29220317/What_ever_happened_to_Groups)

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 14:14
My questions haven't been answered.

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 14:24
[While the groups haven't made an appearance yet, the site is still focused on Square Enix fans and friends, and is even more open now with public forums where everyone can share in the discussion. I hope that you can find your friends here and enjoy the site, even as more features open up!]

I repeat:

You may continue your discussion in the following thread:
[What ever happened to Groups?]

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 14:30
All the original users don't care about the forums. The groups were the one place people could create stories. Thousands of ideas will just dissappear. How long has it been since the groups dissappeared. Why did the site need a facelift anyway? Sure it's decent enough but there was nothing wrong old site. This is the problem with the internet. Web page owners think they need to fix something that isn't broken.

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 14:44
Personally, I care about the new forums, and I created the very first group on the old version of this site (-FINAL FANTASY VII Excavation-). However, I don't expect everyone to share my opinion.

The groups disappeared about 118 days ago.

The website is now entirely managed by the English teams, and not by the Japanese staff. That is why there has been such an explosive increase in updates.

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 14:54
I'm sure I can find quite a few original users who would love the groups to come back. We check back here every so often to see if they've returned, but as it is I may leave. All the stories we crafted, all the fun we use to have, gone, all because SEM thought it necessary to change when the only problem was the access of the "My Page". Many user who owned or used spent time crafting stories with one another. Now we've been reduced to our FB pages and those get so little activity. I want to know. Are we even going to get back all that has been lost?

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 18:50
I created a forum but I'm sure sooner or later someone is gonna complain about the fact that there are 2 of the same topic forums so this is everything i said. The first paragraph is my original statement, each following is a response to what a Mythril user and a regular user trying to become a mythril user. My question is When will the rps and groups finally be restored?

"I waited months during the hack to be able to RP when the site was finally restored, many people had given up on the stories erasing so much creativity to the stories. Then SEM decided to update the site. Originally members could access their pages after the hack, now we can't access Groups. Were are efforts of entertainment with one another for nothing?

My questions haven't been answered.

All the original users don't care about the forums. The groups were the one place people could create stories. Thousands of ideas will just dissappear. How long has it been since the groups dissappeared. Why did the site need a facelift anyway? Sure it's decent enough but there was nothing wrong old site. This is the problem with the internet. Web page owners think they need to fix something that isn't broken.

I'm sure I can find quite a few original users who would love the groups to come back. We check back here every so often to see if they've returned, but as it is I may leave. All the stories we crafted, all the fun we use to have, gone, all because SEM thought it necessary to change when the only problem was the access of the "My Page". Many user who owned or used spent time crafting stories with one another. Now we've been reduced to our FB pages and those get so little activity. I want to know. Are we even going to get back all that has been lost?"

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 22:53
Probably not.

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 22:55
That just means this site is going to lose a lot of users.

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 22:56
I am certainly not trying to become a Mythril User, I'm just trying to help out.

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 23:00
I only said trying cause i thought i saw somewhere that you were getting vote or something. Not really sure how mythril user work. Don't really wnt to. I want the team to hurry up and restore the RPs

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 23:12
Introduction of your Forum Mythril Users - na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (/go/thread/view/139233/29148859/Introduction_of_your_Forum_Mythril_Users)

If you have any questions, then use the Search box.

Grimoire
26th Sep 2012, 23:13
However, the site has already gained plenty of new members, so I don't mind.

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 23:22
I just told you I didn't want to know

IvoryShade
26th Sep 2012, 23:25
The site isn't going to be the same as it use to be

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 01:49
This thread is not related to SQUARE ENIX, nor any of its games, and therefore does not belong here in this forum. Instead, I recommend you to use the private message function.

[The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.]

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139349... (/go/thread/view/139349/29182047/Non-Square_Enix_Threads?pg=2)

I repeat: Contact your friends via the message function.

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 01:53
of course it has nothing to do with square, but it IS a General discussion by definition.

General disccusion: a Minister or a member may give notice of a motion that any policy or situation may be discussed by the Assembly

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 01:56
Then where do you suggest I put it where everyone can see it?

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 01:59
This isn't just for my friends. It's for EVERYONE

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 02:33
wow really jerk? deleted it?

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 03:05
Correction: "Turk"

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 07:45
i an with Elyi on this one he is right this is a genral discussion bored and it is stated this is where none Game Realated things can be posted he was braking no rules the website he was posting about is for everyone not just friends so what do you want him to do friend everyone on SEM and send them a message i dont think so that is totally illogical and stupid he did nothing againt furm reaglations so there should have been no problem with the post

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 07:50
So you mean that [Elyi Knecht] is right, while our community manager [Robert Peeler] is wrong?

I can try to clarify:

The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.

Follow his advice from now on to avoid further misunderstandings.

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 07:54
im sorry but if i cant sit here and ask people to join a website and i have to send a million messages out to people that is just redicules we cant talk about anything on her but games that is why we made this website so we dont have to deal with people telling everyone what to talk about and what not to talk about it is completely redicules i am a very patiant girl and no one to go off on people easly but you people are completely stupid if you arent willling to let a free discussion that is no causeing harm to anyone or your own website then i dont see the problem

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 07:56
This is indeed the [General Discussion] forum.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29082813/Welcome_to_Community:_General_Discussion!)

[Looking for a place to talk about all things Square Enix? This forum is for you. Any general discussion on Square Enix titles, announcements, news and content goes here. If you want to focus your discussions on a particular title or series, then we urge you to look through the remaining title forums.

Remember to consider the opinions of others and keep all conversations civil and respectful. If you haven&rsquo;t already, please read the official guidelines for the forum before posting.]

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 07:59
As I said, there is a message function. Use it.

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 08:00
i still dont see the point in not allowing something that isnt causing anyone any harm its not even causeing the website harm its just giving people a place to go to bring out there creativity i mean my lord you guys are acting like we are trying to destore SEM i swear the japeness should have never handed you over the website i mean really you are acting like we are conspireing against you to bring you down all we want to do is give people the option to show off there creativity!! i mean really is that so bad!!

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 08:01
okay then you can message over the million people on this website iff you tihnk it is so easy!! because i am tired of you saying that it is pointless you act like it is simple well let me tell you mythril user its not that easy i promise you that much!

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 08:11
If off-topic discussions were allowed here on [SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS], the entire forum would end up a chaotic mess in the blink of an eye. This is an official forum provided by SQUARE ENIX. If you don't want to discuss the company or any of its titles, there are plenty of other places on the web where you can hold your discussions.

It is up to you to decide whether it's worth the time and effort to send everyone a message or not. However, I'd recommend you to avoid sending this particular kind of message to people not on your friends list since it can be considered spam.

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 08:19
lol you guys are so stupid sometimes is amusses me so you say i cant send message to everyone because it would be considered spam but we sit there and tell you that it is for everyone on the website and say to message them really i mean really...that makes no sense at all!!! we tell you it is for everyone to send out there creativity because you guys are being but heads and not giving us information on things and you want are opinioins on the website well here is mine it is a peice of crap that has gone down hill since the japaness handed it over to you the only reason i come back here is to keep in touch with my friends that i cant talk to in forums because everytime we talk about something we get yelled and another thing i dotn have a problem with you guys but you stupidty ammusses me so much i am usually not this cruel and mean but i will not hold back the truth from anyone no matter who they are and i hold no grudge againt you gravity but this site has gone down hill sure most of the newbies love ti that is because they dont know what is was like before you took over and i know you are doing your job as a mythril usuer and i understand that but i will still not hold back what i think and if you dont like it i am sorry it doesnt phase me alot of people dont like but i get on with my life but i just letting you know i dont hate you dont hold a grudge for what you are saying and you are doing your job and you are very good at it i might add but even if you dont like what i have to say i could care less

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 08:28
The pleasure is mine.

Stick to the forum guidelines from now on and enjoy your stay here at [SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS].

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 08:30
good bye Gravity

Grimoire
28th Sep 2012, 08:32
Take care, and feel free to return anytime.

member_10768503
28th Sep 2012, 08:36
never said i was leaving the site i have to many friends here to do that

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 12:54
Correction: "Turk"

um no i meant Jerk

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 12:57
So you mean that [Elyi Knecht] is right, while our community manager [Robert Peeler] is wrong?

I can try to clarify:

The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.

Follow his advice from now on to avoid further misunderstandings.

Actually it DID have something to do with Square Enix, their lack of group restoration. It's been almost 6 or more months since the groups were active and the team HAS STILL FAILED TO RESTORE THEM>

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 12:59
This is indeed the [General Discussion] forum.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... (/go/thread/view/139231/29082813/Welcome_to_Community:_General_Discussion!)

[Looking for a place to talk about all things Square Enix? This forum is for you. Any general discussion on Square Enix titles, announcements, news and content goes here. If you want to focus your discussions on a particular title or series, then we urge you to look through the remaining title forums.

Remember to consider the opinions of others and keep all conversations civil and respectful. If you haven&rsquo;t already, please read the official guidelines for the forum before posting.]

SEE if you had just entered that before instead of fighting with us, this wouldn't have escalated like it has,

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 13:04
As I said, there is a message function. Use it.

We aren't messaging every freaking user.

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 13:05
If off-topic discussions were allowed here on [SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS], the entire forum would end up a chaotic mess in the blink of an eye. This is an official forum provided by SQUARE ENIX. If you don't want to discuss the company or any of its titles, there are plenty of other places on the web where you can hold your discussions.

It is up to you to decide whether it's worth the time and effort to send everyone a message or not. However, I'd recommend you to avoid sending this particular kind of message to people not on your friends list since it can be considered spam.

IT"S ONE FORUM!!!!! That isn't going to change anything!

IvoryShade
28th Sep 2012, 13:11
This forum isn't going anywhere

Popcicle
28th Sep 2012, 14:28
You guys don't need to fight and argue over this issue. While what Gravity has said regarding the forum policy is true, no one minds if you guys want to share information about your personal efforts to get together. I recommend however you place it somewhere more personally associated to yourself, such as your MY PAGE biography, or even your forum signature--especially if its not related to a Square Enix Product or game, etc.

That way anyone who sees your posts will know and be aware of what fan groups and sites you've created and would like people to join! I'm all for the promotion of your groups and meetups.

There are a variety of reasons we don't allow off-topic posts on the forum, but reason #1 is to avoid arguments such as these, so please treat all members on this forum with the utmost respect regardless of the subject.

Regarding groups, unfortunately at this time we aren't ready to reinstate them, I understand it has been a long time. All I can do is ask for your continued patience.

Ryutim
25th Oct 2012, 19:21
I was just wondering, it's been quite a while since the site changed into this configuration, so does anyone know when, or even if, the groups are gonna return? I don't know if there's another thread that has talked about this recently, I don't usually check the general discussion threads, so any news about the groups or a link to where some info might be found would be greatly appreaciated.

Grimoire
26th Oct 2012, 02:12
No updates.

Ryutim
9th Mar 2013, 17:47
It's been forever since the site changed. Does anyone know if the groups will ever come back? I used the forum search tool to see if anything came up, but there wasn't anything even remotely helpful there. I really miss the freedom we had in the groups, where we didn't have to stay on any particular topic unless we really wanted to, and we could let our conversations wander into places from wonderful to weird and back again. Please, just tell me, should I keep on waiting for the groups to come back, or am I just wasting my time here? And if they're not coming back, then maybe someone should delete the groups tab on the profile pages, because that'd just be giving us false hope.

Grimoire
9th Mar 2013, 18:06
No updates.

Ryutim
10th Mar 2013, 23:41
No updates yet, or no updates ever? There's a big difference.

Grimoire
12th Mar 2013, 19:41

Ryutim
13th Mar 2013, 14:59
Okay, thanks. I really hope they bring the groups back sooner, rather than later.