PDA

View Full Version : Help Please.

SoloWizard
26th May 2005, 03:49
It is probably a stupid question but how do i play a mutliplayer game? I click create game and sit there for ever with nothing. Is there steps i need to be doing or anything?

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Benj
26th May 2005, 03:53
I've only looked at it briefly but it appears to be a direct connection set-up, i.e no lobby.

What you need to do is give someone your i.p address, they can then use it to connect to you, or vice versa.

Looks like we might be needing an irc channel or similar to organise games.

SoloWizard
26th May 2005, 03:56
There is not a certain way to just see a list and find out?

Anyone wanna play me and willing to give the IP?

AolAIM name is Star00Scream and dont worry i am no hacker..lol

O you would most likely win..i suck..lol

Benj
26th May 2005, 04:26
Had another look and remembered you had the option to install Gamespy Arcade when installing the game, so checked there and there is a lobby on there you cna use to play multiplayer.

SoloWizard
26th May 2005, 04:46
I got gamespy. How do i use it to find a game for Imperial Glory? I never used GameSpy before.

[WIZ]Vanluck
26th May 2005, 17:08
I got gamespy. How do i use it to find a game for Imperial Glory? I never used GameSpy before.

1. Install GameSpy Arcade (GSA), if you dont have done this so far.

2. Start the program, and create an account (the program itself will guide you along with an "wizard" for doing this.

3. Login to GSA

4. Now you should see on the left site some buttons of games, which are installed on your PC. Click the one for Imperial Glory.

5. Now GSA will bring you automatically to the IG Game Lobby. Choose Multiplayer, and you enter the Lobby.

6. There you can see 2 screens. on top the game rooms and on bottom u see the IG chat room.

7. on top you will see some more buttons, for example "join game" , "create game" and so on...

8. Use create game button for setting up an own game or just click on a gameroom from other guys.

9. After some players have entered the gamerooms and clicked ready, the room host can launch the game

10. play the game and hf :-)

-----------------

FOR POINT 4:
If you dont see the button of Imperial Glory on the left site, u can do this:

1. Go to top navigation bar and choose "GameSpy" then on to "scan for games" - After this, gsa should have found IG and the button should appear on left site. If not, restart GSA.

2. If GSA dont find IG by "scan for games", u can add it yourself by doing this: Go to top navigation bar, choose "gamespy" then on to "Options". Here u choose "games" - "more games". Now scroll down for "Imperial Glory" and on right site click on browse. Now browse ur local harddrive for the IG.exe and click on ok. Now u should see IG button on the left site. If not, restart gsa.