PDA

View Full Version : Costly wars prevent annexation?!

Guevara
25th May 2005, 08:21
I have had 2 insane wars with LARGE casuelties on both sides. But i did manage to come out on top. But when i take their captial, it never gets annexed and i get the message that says so. SO basically that whole region is useless because i cannot build on it, PLUS i must keep an army on it. In russia the same thing happened. Eventually i lost Russia AND FRANCE because of other wars of liberation fought by Prussia, those bastards. But i noticed that wars that last years and cost a lot of men prevent me from annexing that country i conquered. It blows. What happened?!

revolution74
25th May 2005, 08:36
It's simple.
You can't annexe empires, only minor factions. You can simply eliminate them from game

Sotos
25th May 2005, 08:46
Yep it is also said in the pdf manual

Just leave a small Garisson of troops in the Empire you conquered so they will not get free

Isledall
25th May 2005, 12:37
occupy the original land from the major powers.. but leave their capital intact... then offer them peace and their former lands will belong to you..

after that they have almost no means to recover and you can keep a small army around just incase...

in the end pour your larger armies in those capitals till you subjugate them ( you can never annex them)

game won :)