PDA

View Full Version : Camel Cavlary question

OGGleep
25th May 2005, 03:17
I just built an advanced stable in the captiol of the conquered Ottoman Empire. I was just looking at the description of the 2 new camel units.

Camel Lancers - Similar to Lancers; Camels make this unit more resilent to attacks, but slower.

Camel Marksmen - Similar to dragoons, but camels make this unit less resilent to attack.

Whats going on here?

McCain
25th May 2005, 04:04
I just built an advanced stable in the captiol of the conquered Ottoman Empire. I was just looking at the description of the 2 new camel units.

Camel Lancers - Similar to Lancers; Camels make this unit more resilent to attacks, but slower.

Camel Marksmen - Similar to dragoons, but camels make this unit less resilent to attack.

Whats going on here?
I would guess that Camel Lancers are not as fast as Horse Lancers, because Camels are slower, so they move slower than Horse Lancers.

Camel Marksmen, I'm not really sure about. Maybe Camels are not as resilent as Horses, so they take more damage.

GenMoore
25th May 2005, 12:17
The camel Is fast once it gets its breath, but is a bigger target.

Trying to shoot from a camel is hard work at the best of times, but with musket reload, this would take longer, so the defending Inf/Cav would get more shots off.

Lancers can only make headway with one charge, It loses its power of the lance after that.
If they have carbines then can engage at close quarters,but camels do not like squares the same as Horses.

So the camel Is at a disadvantage from the start. Its its ability to go long distances that they were used.

Against disiplined troops, they stand no chance. :)

OGGleep
25th May 2005, 12:25
The game has two basic values though. Attack and defense. It doesn't make sense that camels in this 2 stat system would be a bonus for one unit and a disadvantage for another.

GenMoore
25th May 2005, 12:33
The bonus is its attack ability, but once engaged is worse off. :)