PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Alliance doesen't work? Any help?

Henry05
25th May 2005, 02:30
I play as Prussia and have a defensive alliance with Poland. Russia invades Poland and destroys all polish troops in its first move. I reseive a message that I can enter Poland now to help defend it, so I do. But nothing happens in the next round! My troops just sit there in Poland and don't attack the Russian occupation force. I checked diplomacy and I'm still at peace with Russia! How the hell does the defensive alliance work?

One other thing, I already read here you just need to grab and drop your merchant vessal on a foreign habour to initiate sea trade, but it doesen't work for me? I do not get the green circle around foreign habours as well and I checked almost all ports on the North and East sea, as well as along England and Spain?

Henry05
25th May 2005, 04:03
-bump- I would appriciate some help :(

McCain
25th May 2005, 04:09
I play as Prussia and have a defensive alliance with Poland. Russia invades Poland and destroys all polish troops in its first move. I reseive a message that I can enter Poland now to help defend it, so I do. But nothing happens in the next round! My troops just sit there in Poland and don't attack the Russian occupation force. I checked diplomacy and I'm still at peace with Russia! How the hell does the defensive alliance work?
When you formed the defensive Alliance with Poland, was Russia already at war with Poland? Sounds like it, because of that you are not at war with Russia.

Had you formed the defensive alliance with Poland, and then Russia declared war on them, you would have been drawn into the war as well.

Sounds crazy I know, but this is how it works, maybe its a bug. I've run into the same problem myself a couple times.

One other thing, I already read here you just need to grab and drop your merchant vessal on a foreign habour to initiate sea trade, but it doesen't work for me? I do not get the green circle around foreign habours as well and I checked almost all ports on the North and East sea, as well as along England and Spain?
Do you have a land trade route with these countries? I belive you have to build a trade building in these countries first, in order for the sea route to work.

CrossWire
25th May 2005, 06:41
At peace with Russia or not go in there and smash them, show them who's boss.

dr dooom
25th May 2005, 21:51
devinitely a bug. i had the same with france/batovia vs austria