PDA

View Full Version : diploannex

Shearer9
24th May 2005, 20:55
whats the best, quickest and cheapest way to get 100% with minor nations? cheers.

Queeg
24th May 2005, 21:06
No quick fixes. More a long-term process.

1. Defensive alliances. Increases sympathy 2 points each time your make or renew them.

2. Consulates, Newspapers, Cultural Centers and Infrastructure. All increase sympathy in the target nation.

3. There's a quest (Worlds Fair?) that is available in the first era that increases your sympathy rating worldwide for a year. Definitely a good investment for the peace monger.

4. Trade with minors. Make trades through the diplomatic screen with strategic minors. Sympathy increases a point every few turns when you trade regularly.

badmojo21
24th May 2005, 23:03
Give the country money (improve relations in diplomatic screen). I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I average about 8 sympathy points for every $10k given.

november
25th May 2005, 01:31
Foraging an alliance, bribing to gain influence, and building diplomatic buildings will do the trick. But the buildings cost money and the research takes time. You have to weigh that against a simple military conquest. When you conquer a neutral you get all its resources but any buildings it had are destroyed.

So which is better? Investing money and time for a peaceful conquest, or rebuilding the conquered buildings after a military annexation? So far I lean toward the peaceful solution. I think it generates less bad blood among the other countries.