PDA

View Full Version : getting the game in a day or two - a couple of questions

SlippyToad
24th May 2005, 11:27
Hi all,

I ordered the game a couple of days ago from play.com (bargain at £17.99) and should be receiving it tomorrow. I've played the demo to death and would appreciate answer to the following question:

Is there only one battlefield per province? and are ther time timits in both land and sea battles (like RTW)?

Are the land battles any different from those in the demo? I didn't like the way the cannons fired in the demo and the range was too short.

I suspect that most people (including myself) will be looking towards the modding community to improve this game - its a shame the developers seem to be making the visuals a top priority and not bothering with any real research

Having said that I'm still really looking forward to this game

dr dooom
24th May 2005, 11:42
1. yup and yup
2. the battles are not different from demo

Excalibur Bane
24th May 2005, 11:42
Hi all,

I ordered the game a couple of days ago from play.com (bargain at £17.99) and should be receiving it tomorrow. I've played the demo to death and would appreciate answer to the following question:

Is there only one battlefield per province? and are ther time timits in both land and sea battles (like RTW)?

Are the land battles any different from those in the demo? I didn't like the way the cannons fired in the demo and the range was too short.

I suspect that most people (including myself) will be looking towards the modding community to improve this game - its a shame the developers seem to be making the visuals a top priority and not bothering with any real research

Having said that I'm still really looking forward to this game

There is only one battlefield per province, unfortunately. There are no set time limits in land battles, but if certain control points are captured, a time limit will be activated, you must capture those points or get them from the enemy to deactivate the time limit. Sea battles do not have such time limits, though you can sail off the map fairly easy.

Artillery generally don't fire any different then I remember. Two types basically, your straight shooters and your angle shooters.