PDA

View Full Version : They should have went with randomized maps...

Excalibur Bane
24th May 2005, 09:41
It gets kinda tired playing the same map over and over for each territory. RTW is good example of how it should be done. It picks random maps based on the terrain in the territory, and even terrain features like rivers. A battle on a river, will put a river in the battle. It's too bad you took a shortcut here, it would have been much more refreshing and less tedious if we had a few hundred different maps to choose from.

And for that matter, I'm getting tired of always starting on the other side of the map away from any control points, and the enemy always starting right on top of the control points. Not that it matters of course, the AI doesn't seem to take shelter in any buildings, they just find the shortest route and charge me as quickly as possible ;)

colmde
24th May 2005, 09:47
I'm getting tired of always starting on the other side of the map away from any control points, and the enemy always starting right on top of the control points.

The defender always starts close to the goal... I think this makes sense as they are the ones defending it... They would have time to get their troops into a defending position...

Excalibur Bane
24th May 2005, 09:48
That's the thing. I am the defenders. Doesn't make any sense to me. :(

McCain
24th May 2005, 10:07
It gets kinda tired playing the same map over and over for each territory. RTW is good example of how it should be done. It picks random maps based on the terrain in the territory, and even terrain features like rivers. A battle on a river, will put a river in the battle. It's too bad you took a shortcut here, it would have been much more refreshing and less tedious if we had a few hundred different maps to choose from.
I agree, this would have been a nice feature to add.

And for that matter, I'm getting tired of always starting on the other side of the map away from any control points, and the enemy always starting right on top of the control points. Not that it matters of course, the AI doesn't seem to take shelter in any buildings, they just find the shortest route and charge me as quickly as possible ;)
This is a major beef with me. It doesn't make any sence, if I am the defender, I already hold the land, I know it, and I'd set my defences up accordingly. Cannons up on a hill, Infantry holding any key buildings, and so on, and so forth. Instead as the defender I always start as far away as possible from the objective, and the attacker always right on top of it. If I am the defender, I should be defending the objectives, not retaking them! This is an issue I am hoping they fix in the near future.

Stereophobia
24th May 2005, 11:21
I agree, this would have been a nice feature to add.

This is a major beef with me. It doesn't make any sence, if I am the defender, I already hold the land, I know it, and I'd set my defences up accordingly. Cannons up on a hill, Infantry holding any key buildings, and so on, and so forth. Instead as the defender I always start as far away as possible from the objective, and the attacker always right on top of it. If I am the defender, I should be defending the objectives, not retaking them! This is an issue I am hoping they fix in the near future.
Then remember to put it in the patch request thread

jam_man
24th May 2005, 12:46
I agree.

One battlefield per province isnt enough and gets really dull.

Open up the provinces please and give us a bit more depth!