PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Trade Rotues

OGGleep
23rd May 2005, 21:54
Ok, as I understand it, once you build a trade building in another capitol, you start getting revenue from the trade route.

What happens if you conquer that capital?

I am about to startup a new game, and the problem is at the start, you only see provences directly on your borders. Since it costs so much for one building, if your going to conquer all those provences, it seems silly to build trade routes your just going to take down.

Queeg
23rd May 2005, 22:25
If the capital is one of the neutral countries, the trade route converts to an internal route. Don't know in the case of the five major powers, since the manual suggests that conquered major capitals don't produce anything. I'll just have to conquer one and find out what happens. :)

emoxcore
23rd May 2005, 22:58
well....i just found out what happens when you conquer an empire capital. NOTHING. so dont even bother to conquer empire capitals. just beat their armies then conquer the provinces, after that sue for peace (as the manual suggests).

doesnt make any sense whatsoever but meh.

as for the question by the original author. well the trade route becomes internal instead of international.