PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know how to increase army sizes

nickyjj_2004
23rd May 2005, 08:15
does anybody know how to increase army sizes

Fieldy
23rd May 2005, 13:41
I was going to ask the same, the Battle of Waterloo for example looks like a small skirmish in comparison the 200,000 plus battle that it was.. Am I missing some setting or something?!

pertti49
27th May 2005, 06:05
Well any progress with unit sizes i have used to play 10000 men battles with RTW so these 60 men units, have to say major sucks, i know that its in data folder but Spanish isnt my skills?

Athlon 3200+ (2,3G)
Corsair 3200 (400mhz) 2x512mb
X800Xt 527mhz/563mhz
-----------------------
60 men units=Need bigger ones

CrossWire
27th May 2005, 06:15
It's all to do with you boss, a field marshal has more men than a captain.

warobserver
27th May 2005, 07:00
i can just smell how the develper egotism is...has the option been hard to be built in? i don't think so...that's just how he think about the customers...u fix it? go to find other game...

pertti49
27th May 2005, 07:03
Well what max size of unit i mean if u can modify like that captain does have like 200 men unit....so u dont need to start like 60x3 men instead 200x3

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 07:56
i can just smell how the develper egotism is...has the option been hard to be built in? i don't think so...that's just how he think about the customers...u fix it? go to find other game...

Whoah whoah.. getting angry with developers for a lack of moddability is ludicrous. If I was a developer, I wouldn't let my game be modded at all, as I think it would be a major insult the game I spent hard months (years?) developing.

The fact that Pyro has allowed the game to be modded at all is a big sign of their lack of egoism. This goes for any developers with moddable games.

pertti49
27th May 2005, 08:08
Well i am not sure as i am just started the game.Does the officers rank only allow you to command more units like capt 3 units, but the 60 men unit size stays? what max unit count one officer can hold? i believe this 60 men can be modded bigger.Well i think my system could run like 25 unit x 200men versus 25 unit x 200men battles in IG as i compared the demands on rome total war.I hope the high end users dont need to suffer for that game company will rip more money that they can sell the game also those crappy systems (no offence), but i mean that it whould be fair that if u have high system u can make bigger battles (why to buy x800xt if u cant use the power?) the system is really easy to the IG team to make simple preference file where u can reduse the unit size (too much to ask?)

Pertti49

pertti49
27th May 2005, 09:44
Can somebody make poll, that should the next patch inclueded unit resize file ;)

William the Conqueror
27th May 2005, 11:31
Whoah whoah.. getting angry with developers for a lack of moddability is ludicrous. If I was a developer, I wouldn't let my game be modded at all, as I think it would be a major insult the game I spent hard months (years?) developing.

The fact that Pyro has allowed the game to be modded at all is a big sign of their lack of egoism. This goes for any developers with moddable games.

I disagree. It is in the developers interest to make a game moddable. Modding communities help sell games. They also stop people from becoming bored of the game they played to death by making odd changes or even big ones, just to spice things up. Making them more loyal to a brand of games for future releases.
Mods like Napoleonic TW by the lordz must have helped with the sale of hundreds if not thousands more copies of the MTW game, because of people wanting to play the mod, who hadn't bothered with the game before.

Isledall
27th May 2005, 11:42
aah something like UT2004 bought that game only for the RedOrchestra mod.. never even played the original game...

Villaret-Joyeuse
27th May 2005, 12:55
The small unit size was a major complaint of the pre-release forum crowd. (check earlier posts) It is good to see that more in the gaming community feel the same way. :(

Broadside
27th May 2005, 13:38
The max units achievable without mods are available with a general late in the tech tree - he can build 5 units. A good quick mod might be to give us the 5 units for a captain or corporal too. Its still only 900 troops max per province though which is kinda low.

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 13:40
I disagree. It is in the developers interest to make a game moddable. Modding communities help sell games. They also stop people from becoming bored of the game they played to death by making odd changes or even big ones, just to spice things up. Making them more loyal to a brand of games for future releases.
Mods like Napoleonic TW by the lordz must have helped with the sale of hundreds if not thousands more copies of the MTW game, because of people wanting to play the mod, who hadn't bothered with the game before.

hah.. a common argument made by the modding community. Listen, I like mods, and use them often, but the majority of people who buy games don't visit the forums for those games, and much much fewer download the mods for them. Yes, they're becoming more common, but not to the point where you should consider it anything less than a luxury that you are, in fact, allowed to mod. From what I can tell, IG is extremely moddable as it is--almost as much as RTW, perhaps more as time goes by.