PDA

View Full Version : After playing the game all day...

Gelatinous Cube
23rd May 2005, 02:42
I love it! I love it's slow pace, and the focus on trade and diplomacy. All I really see a need for is a pause & command option.. that's it. Thanks for the awsome game Pyro :cool: I'm gonna be playing it alot.

Cro_Knight
23rd May 2005, 03:44
there is a pause button for shyt sake its space bar try it

emoxcore
23rd May 2005, 03:59
im thinking cube meant to be able to pause the game and still command your units.

Gelatinous Cube
23rd May 2005, 05:57
That is indeed what I meant. This would be especially helpful in the ship battles.

quantic
23rd May 2005, 07:34
That's cheating...lol. Ditto the above though this is a small masterpiece. Urinates all over RTW. It probably won't get the same sales but who cares we all know it's a wonderful piece of work.

jam_man
23rd May 2005, 11:08
That's cheating...lol. Ditto the above though this is a small masterpiece. Urinates all over RTW. It probably won't get the same sales but who cares we all know it's a wonderful piece of work.

Dont you find the AI lacking ?

Ive been invaded by a 4 unit army, with 3 cannons, and one infantry unit. I had about 8 units. Massacre.

Ive had one sloop attack 3 sloops. Massacre.

Ive attacked one province which had a fortified position on the high ground.
With only two units you would think they would stay there, no they decided to charge my 8 unit army. Massacre.

With such ropey AI I find it hard to label this a masterpiece although kind of fun to play.

CrossWire
23rd May 2005, 12:02

Your not kidding, best *loody game in yonks, viv-lar-da-imperial glory. :)
RTW, addictiveness 45%. Hours per day playtime max 2
IG , addictiveness 99%. Hours per day playtime min 6

FEARLESS
23rd May 2005, 12:05
I love the game! a patch can sort out all the niggly problems with land battles but isn't it just nice to be given the chance to manipulate diplomacy, trade etc. instead of just moving into a piece of territory and conquering (RTW)

Gelatinous Cube
23rd May 2005, 12:47
I've actually found the AI to be quite a challenge. I can't keep track of the ship battles, so I get creamed when I don't bother to auto-calc those. And on the Land battles i've got a pretty even win/loss ratio. Not to mention the enemy AI is pretty efficient on the campaign map.

Would be nice if RTW had AI this good.

Von Clausewitz
23rd May 2005, 17:08
Terribly addictive and very well thought. The Spanish developers have made another cracker of a game. Well done Pyro!

Krakra
23rd May 2005, 21:40
I, for one, deslike the game. Played quite a bit hoping I was missing something, before realizing it was just bad execution. It is a quirky and simplistic game.

The AI is totally dumb. In Hannover (or Saxony, forgot which) you start accross a river and have to cross it to get to your objectives. The AI in Rome TW would be all over that defensive position -- the bridge -- and would have made crossing it a lot of pain for the attacker. The AI here, doesn't care of exploiting such natural advantages. All the AI does is go the objective and STAY there. Period. You call this Intelligence?

As for Naval battles, I lose them too. Not because we suck as players, but because the controls are crappy.