PDA

View Full Version : Blaster sound fx issues

Incom_Inc
23rd May 2005, 01:00
Hello all,

I just got the game a couple of weeks ago but I notice something strange when I play the game. All the sounds and music are audible except the sounds of the blasters. I can't hear them! I've run a diagnostic on my DirectX via the instructions in the manual and everything is fine. I've even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game thinking that perhaps I had a bad install.

Really, I don't know what the problem is. I'm going to feel really stupid if I had to unlock the sound fx's or someting, but I don't think that's it. Could anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks.
:)

Incom_Inc
24th May 2005, 00:39
Ok... not feeling the love here. Can anybody help me with this?! I love the game but I don't hear the sound of the blasters. Is anybody else having this problem? Please let me know either way... :(

Incom_Inc
25th May 2005, 05:02
Well... I haven't fixed the problem yet but thanks for all of your responses. Oh wait, nobody freakin' responded to my inquiry! Ah well, I hope all of your problems are solved none-the-less.

I'm back to playing the game without the sounds of blasters. Remember, the Force will be with you... always.... and don't play the game with a GeForce 4MX graphics card. Blame GeForce for your apparent lack of research before buying a graphics card.

Peace. :)

midimusic5
27th May 2005, 18:08
Anyone else not getting ALL the sound effects in Lego Star Wars? It seems a bunch of sound effects are not playing (some light sabre sounds, blaster sounds). I even tried copying the sounds from the demo version!

The most noteable sounds that are missing are blasters and the light saber sound effects. No death sounds either. When I play the demo, all the sounds are there. Very interesting.

The only difference between the demo and the full version seems to be that the demo uses .WAV files and the full version has a SFX.DAT file. Copying the .WAV files over and modifying the audio.cfg doesn't help anything.

Any help from someone who has fixed this would be greatly appreciated.

My LegoStarwars.exe = 11,362,304 bytes

Incom_Inc
28th May 2005, 05:00
I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. Ok, so you have heard sound from the blasters in the demo... that's good. I haven't played the demo so I didn't know if the sound files even existed.

As far as lightsaber sounds go, I can hear them just fine. I also don't have any death sounds. Please release a patch or something. This game is so much fun to play but it's annoying that everything doesn't work.

Help us oh wise Moderators... you're our only hope. :confused:

xadrian
20th Jun 2005, 20:58
You know, I just played it completely through and didn't even recognize that problem. I just now, while on the Tantive IV thought, where the heck are the blaster sounds?

Sounds I have:

Lightsabers turning on and off and swinging (but not clashing)
Studs falling.
Force Sounds
Walls/scenery exploding.

Don't have:

Blaster sounds from players or AI.
Death sounds.
Any other sounds I may not be aware of (jumping, landing, etc.)

jaywalker2309
21st Jun 2005, 07:41
You know, I just played it completely through and didn't even recognize that problem. I just now, while on the Tantive IV thought, where the heck are the blaster sounds?

Sounds I have:

Lightsabers turning on and off and swinging (but not clashing)
Studs falling.
Force Sounds
Walls/scenery exploding.

Don't have:

Blaster sounds from players or AI.
Death sounds.
Any other sounds I may not be aware of (jumping, landing, etc.)

Try turning down the level of acceleration of the sound card within DXDIAG.

Also check your speakers are set up correctly within windows, ie if you are on headphones you dont have it set to 5.1 surround sound etc

xadrian
21st Jun 2005, 14:11
Actually, I just found a driver update for SB Live! that took care of it.

I'm tempted to go play the whole game again with all the sounds. :)

metalface13
13th Nov 2006, 18:33
Would you mind telling me where you got the driver? I'm having the same problem.

FMSZ1984
7th Dec 2006, 19:02
Yes, updating the drivers of your sound card helps with common sound problems. You may download any existing driver from the manufacturer of the product.

Would you mind telling me where you got the driver? I'm having the same problem.