PDA

View Full Version : Blood

thrawniejoe
22nd May 2005, 22:32
In all the videos and screenshots... i see blood when someone dies.... I bought the game... and loving it... but I don't see any blood what so ever...

Has my game been unwillingly sensored? or do i just have to turn it on?
(I live in the US)

Isledall
23rd May 2005, 14:17
I see blood when soldiers are hit.... :)

even see them dying for a while.. even when the battle is raging on a different point.. no more disappearing corpses.... but death struggles... :)

sick
23rd May 2005, 15:11
even see them dying for a while.. even when the battle is raging on a different point.. no more disappearing corpses.... but death struggles... :)

Yeah, that's what I like so much!! You can find them easily by looking for fallen soldiers which' uniforms are brighter than those really dead.

CrossWire
23rd May 2005, 15:17
Nothing like the sight of blood socked grass with bits of bodies and maggots and eyeballs and dismembered private bits and torn off...........

jaywalker2309
23rd May 2005, 16:15
In all the videos and screenshots... i see blood when someone dies.... I bought the game... and loving it... but I don't see any blood what so ever...

(I live in the US)

I do believe the US has reduced blood for age rating purposes..

Silent_Scope
23rd May 2005, 16:16
unlukcy mate, but shouldnt they be abler to toggle it on/off?

booker
23rd May 2005, 16:24
i see blood only when they are hit and when they fall down, but after a few sec the blood disapear.

thrawniejoe
24th May 2005, 02:37
so i've been ripped off.... damnit!
i want my money back now.

I didn't get the full product!

I call FALSE Advertisement to the publisher.

So does anyone know what i can about this?
There is no button for turning it on or off.

This is a great game.... but I have been ripped off because I got something taken out of my game, thats been Advertisement in all the screenshots and movies i have seen of the game.

Gelatinous Cube
24th May 2005, 02:52
wtf? Reduced Rating Purposes? Here's a hint, since you're a foreign company: Ratings don't mean jack schnike here in America. I have never, not once, ever, in my life, seen anyone be denied a video game purchase because of their age. I don't suppose it would be possible to get a blood toggle in a patch?

jaywalker2309
24th May 2005, 08:11
wtf? Reduced Rating Purposes? Here's a hint, since you're a foreign company: Ratings don't mean jack schnike here in America. I have never, not once, ever, in my life, seen anyone be denied a video game purchase because of their age. I don't suppose it would be possible to get a blood toggle in a patch?

The age rating scheme in america is taken amazingly serious by the games industry. Some stores wont take certain age rated games. If we want to maximise our instore coverage to give the game the chance to sell and if the official age rating board advise that if we remove the blood quicker so it doesnt pool we will get a lower age rating, then sorry but we will do it.

thrawniejoe
24th May 2005, 19:51
So how do I go about getting the full game, which I thought i was paying for?
I'd like to replace this for the full verson, instead of the cut up one.

Since it seems Eidos gave FALSE Advertisements of the game.

I feel extreamly ripped off, that other players get something in their game, and I don't get it in mine, and we both paid the same price for it.

CrossWire
24th May 2005, 20:43
I love it when you zoom into the conflict and blood spurts all over the camera and runs down your view in big red brown clots. :)

Mongoose
24th May 2005, 20:44
You're upset about paying for a game which simply has less blood than what you saw in the previews? You admitted it's a good game...I think you are over-reacting if you will knock it not and think they screwed you over just because you don't get massive pools of blood.

BIG L
24th May 2005, 20:47
who wants to join my gang the color is blue i got like 5 people so far so if wnt to join hit me back

elementgoo
24th May 2005, 21:34
I suppose it wouldnt be hard to mod the game and add more blood, ive seen it done many times before...

jaywalker2309
24th May 2005, 22:40
So how do I go about getting the full game, which I thought i was paying for?
I'd like to replace this for the full verson, instead of the cut up one.

Since it seems Eidos gave FALSE Advertisements of the game.

I feel extreamly ripped off, that other players get something in their game, and I don't get it in mine, and we both paid the same price for it.

This is a teen rated game and as such follows the strict guidelines for teen ratings. If we'd splashed blood all over the box and said `blood curdling realism` then fair enough. We dont fix the prices, so you may have paid less at your store then in europe.

Am sure someone will mod it back in for free.

elementgoo
24th May 2005, 23:12
Alhtough i would have liked blood, i dont feel cheated at all

Commisar Adam
25th May 2005, 02:30
Why is blood nessassary? Are Americans so bloodthirsty that they need every game to have gushing geysers of blood? And besides, with the battle raging around you it would be rather difficult to fully apreciate the feature.

McCain
25th May 2005, 05:47
Why isblood nessassary? Are Americans so bloodthirsty that they need every game to have gushing geysers of blood? And besides, with the battle raging around you it would be rather difficult to fully apreciate the feature.
No we are not. Other than there being no blood, our version of the game is the exact same. If thrawniejoe is that upset, about there being no blood, and feels cheated in some way, then he should simply return the game, and get his money back.

The game is still pretty damn awesome without the blood, and as you stated it wouldn't be fully appreciated anyhow since most of the time you are to busy commanding troops pay attention to the ambiance.

Gelatinous Cube
25th May 2005, 05:57
I'd like to see blood just because there should be blood. People don't get blown up with cannon balls and howitzer shells, shot with Musket Balls, and stuck with Bayonets without a little blood splashed about. Hopefully someone will mod it.

Sotos
25th May 2005, 08:34
I do not know some of you are you saying in here????
But i can see Blood when troops die with my Game copy

Have you choose High Quality Settings in the Graphic options ?

Maybe i will take a Screenshot later to see it yourselfs

Stereophobia
25th May 2005, 10:03
Well, Im from the UK, we ruled the world before you, I hope you liked how you found it. We expanded our empire through trade, and killed where we felt it was appropriate, before that, like you, we slaughtered thousands in gods name, although in OUR defence, it was in the middle ages, and we diddnt know any better.
In recent times we have also been involved in an illegal war in which thousands of innocent civilians were needlessly killed in their own homes, schools, and hospitals.

McCain
25th May 2005, 10:32
Well, Im from the UK, we ruled the world before you, I hope you liked how you found it. We expanded our empire through trade, and killed where we felt it was appropriate, before that, like you, we slaughtered thousands in gods name, although in OUR defence, it was in the middle ages, and we diddnt know any better.
In recent times we have also been involved in an illegal war in which thousands of innocent civilians were needlessly killed in their own homes, schools, and hospitals.
"To be ignorant of history is to remain always a child" - Cicero

Oststar
25th May 2005, 11:02

Here's a link for you to discuss this in: www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield they'd love another Liberal biased fool to join in the mindless torrent of uneducated crap. Put it there or put in it the back of your mind. This is discussing Imperial Glory and we don't want to know about it. You don't like what happened in Iraq? Illegal war? Didn't know better in the middle ages? Geneva convention? United Nations? I'm sure the now all dead Aboriginals in Tasmania would like to hear of illegal wars. You knew better then.

Just leave this uneducated political discussion quiet, because primarily we don't want it, secondarily you know not of which you speak.

CrossWire
25th May 2005, 11:08
Nothing like a nice bit of transatlantic bashing before breakfast. Wake's you up in a warm and cuddly way. :)

curtlegion
25th May 2005, 14:03
Where can I buy a UK version dvd of the game online from the US??? Thanks. :) :) :) :)

What site will ship international.......

emoxcore
25th May 2005, 14:17
*sigh* more american bashing.

in anycase yes. a blood patch/mod would be easy to make....maybe not the modding one but still :p

curtlegion
25th May 2005, 14:38
does UK version have blood.........?????? Thanks. :) :) :) :)

jaywalker2309
25th May 2005, 14:48
does UK version have blood.........?????? Thanks. :) :) :) :)

Yes it does

curtlegion
25th May 2005, 14:55
Thanks....just ordered it from the UK...... :) :) :) :)

Queeg
25th May 2005, 17:26
Thanks....just ordered it from the UK...... :) :) :) :)

Same here. I'd rather have the DVD version anyway.

NaPoLeOn_FusilieR
25th May 2005, 17:49

(I live in the US)

Maybe its a bloodpatch dunno I dont have that game yet (I'll get it tomorrow) 26-05-2005.

thrawniejoe
25th May 2005, 20:49
im actually gonna stop buying US Games... buying from the UK pays off more...

I had the same problem with a game called Scared, Thuogh blood was a bigger deal in that game... they had some cool ass blood and guts effects, the US version had it taken it out.... after beating a monster to death with an axe.... and you dont' see blood, just the monster fall down.... it feels like something is missing.

I know alot about the weapons used in this time period... so when I see my 12 pounders firing.... and they hit a bunch of troops and all you see is them fall down... It makes me wonder... WTF is giong on.

Though blood is just eye candy.... its something that shouldn't be left out in games like these.

Its times like this I wish i lived in the UK.

Silent_Scope
25th May 2005, 20:53
i did a quick battle with infantry (5 battlalions) verses 12 cav. and i saw blood everywhere (i formed my men into square) blood went everywhere.

Sotos
25th May 2005, 20:55
Yep i have the UK version and it has Blood

Makes it a little more realistic but it is not really a important feature

Silent_Scope
25th May 2005, 20:59
I like painting the battlefeild red.

Queeg
25th May 2005, 21:26
As I said, I'm getting the UK version just for the DVD. Just like I get Playboy just for the articles.

Broadside
25th May 2005, 23:56
For those in the US wanting to know what the blood looks like in-game here are a couple of examples. On the second one you can just about make out the blood splashes on the ground from the artillery shell landing amongst the militia recruits.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/markwalters/IG/Blood.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/markwalters/IG/Venice.jpg

Gelatinous Cube
26th May 2005, 01:36
Huh.. that really adds flavor to the battle-field. Would be nice if someone modded it ASAP.

Thecrisis5
26th May 2005, 02:57
MAybe its just me but blood really isnt great i dont like the stuff. I have the dvd version, and i live in the U.S and got it at gamestop, wonder how that happened.

Impeach Bush.

McCain
26th May 2005, 04:33
I have the dvd version, and i live in the U.S and got it at gamestop, wonder how that happened.
I've got the DvD version as well, picked it up at Software Ect.

CrossWire
26th May 2005, 06:54
It's really strange how I nation who's children watch programs/films that portrays the murder numbering the population of a small town in each episode, would ban a little bit of blood in a computer game. The mind boggles. :confused:

Sotos
26th May 2005, 08:03

a)I am from Greece
WE RULED IN THE WORLD BEFORE YOU EVER EXIST AS A NATION and call yourself later England and later UK

We Existed before the creation of the Roman Empire as a Nation (Before Middle Ages) and we still exist today
while you were just a bunch of villagges and barbarian communities

We created Democracy, Architecture,Mathematics, Culture, diplomacy, and so many other things while you hanged into trees and lived in caves at that times

Read some History before you talk...
Do you have a History lesson in your schools i wonder

We killed in our 12 Gods names but for our Defence from Barbarians(from East mostly)
We were never a true Aggressive nation wanting to conquer the World through war

b)Are you talking about Iraq??
Well it's your fault that you supported USA G.Bush in his "Crusade"
If you were smart enough you would never did that

From the other hand we did not support BUSH and his Crusade against Iraq
and we will never support false crusades

CrossWire
26th May 2005, 09:50
Owerr! talk about blowing your own trumpet.
Greece only ruled the world for a short time while the British went on holiday. :)

You will find that 89% of the British public did not want to support America in it's quest for oil. We cannot be held responsible for a useless and extremely stupid government.
We have no real choice in our elections as all the party’s standing are American puppets, I suppose you could say we have been invaded by America by peaceful annexing. :)

King Rich
26th May 2005, 09:55
Same here. I'd rather have the DVD version anyway.

Whats the difference between the DVD version and the CD-ROM version?

McCain
26th May 2005, 10:37
Whats the difference between the DVD version and the CD-ROM version?
DvD versions of games take up less hard drive space.

jaywalker2309
26th May 2005, 11:41
DvD versions of games take up less hard drive space.

Erm not in this case.

There is no game difference between CD and DVD in Imperial Glory (there IS a difference between the US and the UK version independant of the disc media - for age rating purposes)

Thecrisis5
26th May 2005, 20:28
Please keep the nationlist ideas and political discussion out of a game forum. I agree that america is on a bad streak right now, but i have hope that we weill socialize healthcare and education in my life time( maybe im a little to optimistic) :)

wolfetone
26th May 2005, 21:10
Please keep the nationlist ideas and political discussion out of a game forum. I agree that america is on a bad streak right now, but i have hope that we weill socialize healthcare and education in my life time( maybe im a little to optimistic) :)

Hmmm... I disagree with you that America is on a bad streak but I guess it's all in the eyes of the beholder. Anyway, where did modern day politics find it's way into a discussion about a video game. You know, we get enough of that nonsense in everyday life. This is one place that we should be able to forget all that nonsense..

Please..

Thanks

Thecrisis5
26th May 2005, 21:48
Um thats what i said.... keep politics out of the forum. Read the first setence.

Coax74
26th May 2005, 21:57
Um thats what i said.... keep politics out of the forum. Read the first setence.

But then you followed up wishing for socialized medicine :rolleyes: negating your first sentence.

Broadside
26th May 2005, 22:53
Blimey - its like Napoleonic diplomacy in real time on here lately :rolleyes: lighten up folks !

Thecrisis5
27th May 2005, 00:27
Yeah thats true, we really should keep the politics at home. :cool:

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 00:34
Back on subject: Is anyone working on a mod for the blood? And for Jaycw: Is there some easy way to toggle the blood on or off through modding, or would someone have to start from scratch?

Thecrisis5
27th May 2005, 02:06
I searched and searched the game file, and i couldnt find it. It might be in a format my computer cant open though :( .

CrossWire
27th May 2005, 06:17

Who made you the boss of this forum then? This not Manchester United, you can't buy it.:)

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 07:47
Shut up about politics! This thread is about blood (or a lack thereof) in the US version. Now, is anybody working on a mod for this? And can it be easily modded, or would someone have to work from scratch? I'm lookin' at you Jaycw.

CrossWire
27th May 2005, 08:57
Okay.
Do you think American blood is as good as European blood?

jaywalker2309
27th May 2005, 09:29
Shut up about politics! This thread is about blood (or a lack thereof) in the US version. Now, is anybody working on a mod for this? And can it be easily modded, or would someone have to work from scratch? I'm lookin' at you Jaycw.

It will be very easy to `mod` in so to speak..

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 09:40
It will be very easy to `mod` in so to speak..

Awsome, thanks :) I'm assuming there's just a toggle-switch hidden somewhere in the files, then? I have no idea how to mod this game, so if someone can drop me a few hints i'd be happy to give it a go.

CrossWire
27th May 2005, 10:29
Awsome, thanks :) I'm assuming there's just a toggle-switch hidden somewhere in the files, then? I have no idea how to mod this game, so if someone can drop me a few hints i'd be happy to give it a go.

You would be better off buying the English version m8, it has a better political system. :D

Gelatinous Cube
27th May 2005, 13:52
You would be better off buying the English version m8, it has a better political system. :D

eh? Was that a subtle political jibe? If so, it went over my head. Are there any tutorials around here on modding IG? I wanna see some blood.

curtlegion
3rd Jun 2005, 23:00
I have the uk version with blood any way to make it stay for a long period of time?????? Thanks. :) :) :) :) :)

Captain.Crunch
4th Jun 2005, 04:14
Nothing like the sight of blood socked grass with bits of bodies and maggots and eyeballs and dismembered private bits and torn off...........

LOL most of us love that kinda stuff ;)