PDA

View Full Version : PC game controller, set up failure

LegoRulez
22nd May 2005, 22:12
Can anyone change controllers and then reset the buttons? I can't. Now that I've unplugged the devices and am half way throught the game, I can't get the conrollers to work. This game only auto-dectects buttons on install. Otherwise the Conroll Setup Player 1&2 page in the game doesn't work. :confused:

LegoRulez
22nd May 2005, 22:42
Isolated and tested - Logitech, WingMan Rumble pad works. Is compliant. Yeah Logitech! We all knew they were good.

Isolated and tested - Thrustmaster, Firestorm Dual Analog 3 Gamepad has a z-axis control that gives continual feed back to the game that just locks out the buttons or setting up the other controller. This is the bad one. Thrustmaster has no updates since 2003 and says it is compliant with 100% of games. It is not. Unless...is there a way to turn the Z-axis off?! I'm not seeing you can do this in the calibration of the device in Control Panel, Game pads...help here please.

LegoRulez
30th May 2005, 18:24
Both the LogiTech and the Thrustmaster continue to force code into the controller and lock out any button settings.

Disconnecting the game pads, the enter key will cause the controller option to blink.

With the game pad connected, the command to be changed no longer blinks. It just accepts J1 Z controller direction spamming the game.

This is not a controller issue. This is the game's code. It's not ActiveX.

Question:
Is there a controller patch for PC Lego Star Wars?

Currently the game is keyboard only. Game pads will not work. Cannot be programmed.

Help.

LegoRulez
5th Jun 2005, 02:56
:D They are going to work on this! Awesome!!!

"Eidos Customer Support" <bounce_cs@eidos.com> Add to Address Book
To: me...
Subject: Eidos: Response to Support Request
Date: 2 Jun 2005 11:29:11 -0700

Greetings me...,

Thank you for your message. We have gotten a lot of
people reporting problems while trying to configure
their game controllers. The game's publisher, Giant
Interactive, is currently looking into makeing a patch for
this problem, but I do not have any info about it yet.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

:D :D :D :D :D