PDA

View Full Version : Come on...

Mithras
22nd May 2005, 10:24
I noticed something very stupid, I hope that I am doing something wrong that causes this: When you have a sqaud of ranged infantry fighting on the battlemap, and you have them in Line Formation (3 ranks of men), then only the first rank fires and the rest is doing nothing!? Everyone knows the way it really went in that time: first rank fires, kneels down, second rank fires, kneels down, third rank fires, etc. It would be very unrealistic if the units could not perform this system of firing, and its very inefficient, because only one third of the men actually uses his weapon, so you have a tremendous loss of firepower. Am I doing something wrong, or is it always like that? If its meant to be like that, what on earth made the devs decide making it this stupid?

Silent_Scope
22nd May 2005, 10:25
uummm, i think i had that once on the demo, but then the unit starte dto fire 3 ranks.

sqall
22nd May 2005, 11:36
I take it your near the beggining of the timeline?
When you advance there are more formations to research, double line fire, square etc etc.

So the reason it is only one rank firing is because you havnt taught them the double line formation. :p

Mithras
22nd May 2005, 12:56
Ah ok, that sounds good. I was afraid it was done because otherwise battles would be over to soon or something. Gonna continue playing again, this game rocks :D

Smirnov
22nd May 2005, 16:02
How do I pick double line, third line, etc? I only see rows, columns, and squares :-\