PDA

View Full Version : Merchant Ships?

dunc34
22nd May 2005, 02:30
How do you build merchant ships and get commercial sea routes going?

I have been playing as Great Britain and have researched then built merchant harbours but it wont give me the option to then build the ships? even when I built military harbours I could build sloops but no option to build merchant ships appeared under the unit button, just sloops.

I am doing something wrong? or is this a bug?

Excalibur Bane
22nd May 2005, 02:41
You must be in the commerical view to produce merchant ships. Once in the commerical view, the units button will change to ships, click on it and it will bring a production window. Click on the ship you want to build. After it is been completed, the game will notify you and place the ship in your capital. Simply click and drag it to one of the green circles to establish a trade route.

bucephalus12
22nd May 2005, 02:44
Merchant ships can only be built in the commercial map view in a territory with a port.

dunc34
23rd May 2005, 04:14
cheers got it now.

juv95hrn
24th May 2005, 00:40
I have built commercial harbours in England and Scotland and produced one Brigantine in each harbour. These were place in the English channel and the North sea respectively but I'm not able to move them. I try to click and drag them into one of the 4 green circles that light up, Bergen, Amsterdam, Brest etc but they wont move nor initiate a trade route. How do I use the Brigantines and how do I initiate a trade route with this unit.

Funny the tutorials mentioned everythign one understood by intuation but not this.