PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Deal?

Cdn_Fusilier
21st May 2005, 16:40
I bought IG yesterday (Friday) and I’m having a rather large difficulty playing it....chiefly, my computer will not let me start it up...
the Installation went smoothly (the 4 or 5 I did)....and when i click to play the game, and error comes up telling me that "ImperialGlory.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." Then it politely apologizes for the inconvenience.
Not having a clue, I called Eidos....unfortunately, the agent did not know what was causing this problem, and all suggestions failed.
I meet the system requirements
1.6 Mhz- Intel,
516 MB Ram,
Geforce 5500 OC 256 MB DDR AGP (updated drivers)
and more then enough room on the ol' D: Drive

I'm growing increasingly frustrated....due to my Napoleonic Complex I would so very much like to play this game, and yet, the box is just sitting there mocking me...

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? Any ideas? (short of getting a new computer :) )
Or (better yet) has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 16:47
if it makes you feel any better, i have not recieved the game from the post yet but the same error appeeard for a different game. i advise you uninstall it and reinstall it and check for more than 1 copy of that file.

Cdn_Fusilier
21st May 2005, 17:04
Well, I suppose you feel my pain about not being able to play it quite yet...

Naturally, my first instinct was to uninstall and re-install...i did this a few times (3 or 4), yet the same error came up...
And i just checked for another copy of that file...but there was only the one

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 18:22
I bought IG yesterday (Friday) and I’m having a rather large difficulty playing it....chiefly, my computer will not let me start it up...
the Installation went smoothly (the 4 or 5 I did)....and when i click to play the game, and error comes up telling me that "ImperialGlory.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." Then it politely apologizes for the inconvenience.
Not having a clue, I called Eidos....unfortunately, the agent did not know what was causing this problem, and all suggestions failed.
I meet the system requirements
1.6 Mhz- Intel,
516 MB Ram,
Geforce 5500 OC 256 MB DDR AGP (updated drivers)
and more then enough room on the ol' D: Drive

I'm growing increasingly frustrated....due to my Napoleonic Complex I would so very much like to play this game, and yet, the box is just sitting there mocking me...

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on? Any ideas? (short of getting a new computer :) )
Or (better yet) has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Run DXDiag, hit save all information and then either post it on here or email it to me (pm me and i'll give u my email address)