PDA

View Full Version : subjugating prussia

krazed
21st May 2005, 05:34
k i just captured berlin, but i got the message saying i will never be able to subjugate the emperor (or something, i forget im really tired) but anyway now i cant build anything on the 3 areas i got for wiping out prussia... so what is the point of having it then? its useless!!!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: russia has done the same thing
another update, found out what it means... i think thats retarded, whats the point of capturing it if its unusable?

Commisar Adam
21st May 2005, 06:05
I've conquered the mapp, and it always does the same for the other 4 primary nations. It becomes extrmemly tedious, especially since you have to have occupational armies at all times. I guess the benifit of conquering a primary nation is knocking out their power. Also, you can use the special capital buildings to defend provinces.

Queeg
21st May 2005, 06:30
From the pdf manual:

Empire Capital Territories: Although similar to that of Capital Territories, there are some notable differences. Firstly, annexation will take longer and require a large army to suppress resistance. Secondly, they cannot be fully annexed, only subjugated: an army must remain there at all times following annexation, or the Empire will re-emerge. Because of this, you will gain no material reward from these territories - the removal of the threat of attack by a powerful adversary is prize enough. Any Satellite Territories under an Empire’s rule when it is subjugated will also be unproductive; such territories must be annexed before the fall of the capital in order for them to become a full part of your Empire. Note that any neutral countries previously annexed by the Empire will be liberated and regain their independence upon its fall.

viceroy
26th May 2005, 16:58
WHERE is the pdf manual?

i have been playing the game for a few days. i have searched each of the three disks, and the program files where i installed it...and there is no pdf file shown.

what am i overlooking?

Klund
26th May 2005, 22:50
Start>Programs>Pyro Studios>Imperial Glory>View Imperial Glory Manual

Gelatinous Cube
26th May 2005, 22:53
I like the feature. It means the game can go from stale (only two powers left, for example) to very interesting (a power breaks free and manages to annex some nearby nuetral countries, for example) very fast. It means you never truly see the RTW "steamroller" effect. Although I think RTR 6.0 will fix that problem decently well for RTW (the Roma 5.5 mod does a good job of it as well).

Broadside
26th May 2005, 23:02
Remember that you only need to keep troops in the empire capital though when you defeat an empire, not all of its original provinces. I realised this too late in my first campaign (having only read the thin paper manual :rolleyes: ) and consequently wasted a load of high quality troops I could have been using elsewhere to subjugate the formerly neutral nations which were now free again. Took a lot longer to win the game..........

Gelatinous Cube
26th May 2005, 23:05
Indeed. It's best to get all the territories except their capital, sue for peace so they all become yours, and then wage another quick war to get the capital. Then you only have to keep a captain with 3 Line Infantry or something equally cheap in their capital.