PDA

View Full Version : Help Required with restoring units

Toomin
21st May 2005, 05:14
I'm getting a bit fed up with this whole restoring problem. I've researched all but a few techs in the third era, but none of my units are able to restore to full health, not even when they are in my capital which has every building built, including the most obvious answer--hospitals. Now seriously, all of you that say "research the technology" aren't being very specific or helpful, as not a single technology in the tree mentions the "restore" ability. And yes, I do know how to restore a unit's numbers, but the button remains greyed out.

Just a bit of info on what I'm playing:
Campaign
Easy Difficulty (I know, I know, but I wanted to explore things a bit)
France
Third Era with all previous techs researched in Era's One and Two
Took the Democracy->Constitutional Monarchy governmental choice

Help would be very much appreciated, as I'm having to create new units then merge them into my elite ones to keep them with full health (a real pain, as you might imagine). :mad:

EDIT - Just made a few spelling/grammar corrections

WhiteSkull
21st May 2005, 05:19
if you have 100% of era 2 done then you have the tech, you must have the era 2 hospital built as well and the unit must be in that land to use it, on top of that you must have the resources as well.

Toomin
21st May 2005, 05:37
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/Toomin/IG1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/Toomin/IG2.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/Toomin/IG3.jpg

If those pics work, you can see that I do indeed have a Modern Hospital, an injured unit, and a greyed out restore button.

krazed
21st May 2005, 05:39
k u guys know u need to BUILD the military hospital there right

Toomin
21st May 2005, 05:43
I'm just thinking on my feet, but could it be possible that completing the quest "Medical Revolution" to place Local Hospitals in most of my territories prevents the upgraded Modern Hospital from allowing units to restore?(not that I could restore when I only had Local Hospitals though either).

Also, I don't think there is a building called "Military Hospital," is there? I thought the Third Era building equivalent to a hospital was the Enlistment Office.

krazed
21st May 2005, 05:45
in the second era tech tree. its near the last

Toomin
21st May 2005, 05:50
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/Toomin/IG4.jpg

I don't have a tech for "Military Hospital" anywhere in my 2nd Era tech tree. Is it autocratic only? (seems unlikely, but I may as well ask anyways)

krazed
21st May 2005, 06:02
yeah it is i think

Toomin
21st May 2005, 06:06
yeah it is i think

Well, that seems kind of dumb... I can never restore my units just because I picked Democratic? That seems a bit unbalanced/underplanned.

EDIT - I've confirmed this, the tech is called Surgery and it allows you to build Military Hospitals that allow the restoring of your units' health. The tech itself is exclusive to Autocratic government-types (Democratic governments get a different tech in it's place).

ballan
21st May 2005, 10:45
Is this a bug then, I mean your not healing the unit, you are re training and assigning additional troops to make up the numbers to the battalion, someting thats done in even the basic unit.

Sh!fty
21st May 2005, 12:26
So how do you repair ships then? I can't seem to repair those!
I can't get my ships back into the port they were built in, please help! :confused:

Thnx for the information about how to restore my units, it's been a great help :D

Sotos
21st May 2005, 12:38
Read The Manual Before Playing And Check The Game Tech Tree

Smirnov
21st May 2005, 13:21
The manual isn't very helpful ...

Isgrim
21st May 2005, 13:51
that you have to research restoring units under a specified goverment is a major hamper to gameplay value, and bloody idiotc gamedeveloping. Whos gonna use any other goverment than autocratic now anyways?

favedave
21st May 2005, 13:55
Read The Manual Before Playing And Check The Game Tech Tree

Ha. "read the manual.' You're kidding, right? The manual sucks.

The pdf file that's installed with the game has a little more, but not much.

And neither one tells you how to repair units. I found by accident that you can repair ships if you're adjacent to the dock that can build it (but nowhere else).

But land units? Haven't found it yet. And the posts people are making are not helpful either. "Uh you need a hospital."

I have hospitals. Still can't heal units.

Sloppy game release when they don't even have necessary basic info about the game.

Didn't these designer learn anything from the Total war fiasco? It took them 3 games to get it right.