PDA

View Full Version : Am i the only one?

Thecrisis5
21st May 2005, 02:42
Am i the only one who really loves this game? Most reviews on the forums say mediocre and bad. I aboslutly love this game, i think its fantastic and well thought out. Anyone Agree?

Razgriz 1
21st May 2005, 03:18
Well, im hyped =)

Queeg
21st May 2005, 03:38
I like it too. The campaign game, in particular, is very well done.

Captain Darling
21st May 2005, 03:41
You'll usually find that forums lean to the negative opinion, mainly because the people who really enjoy the game are playing it and the people who don't are on the forums complaining! :p

Cro_Knight
21st May 2005, 04:53
I Love This Game I Havnt Let It Stop

Kokopelli
21st May 2005, 04:55
I am enjoying it.

Commisar Adam
21st May 2005, 06:09
Obsessed...6 hours straight.

elementgoo
21st May 2005, 06:18
I have been playing civ3 for a long time, but this game my change that! yay i love it

NeyNeyNey
21st May 2005, 11:38
I love this game. It has a great degree of realism, and the battles are great. The entire game is great, from managing resources and food, to trade and naval battles. The diplomacy is excellent, making coalitions, defence alliance etc, this game is just brilliant.

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 11:47
great game! :) :) :) :)

Sotos
21st May 2005, 12:43
Do not listen to them

Most of them hate-posting these kind of comments are Rome Total War fanatics who do not find it adequate with Total War games

But i have to agree that probably Rote TW had a little "deeper" feeling conserning the strategy part
but surely IG is a Great strategy game ;)

CrossWire
21st May 2005, 13:01
Am i the only one who really loves this game? Most reviews on the forums say mediocre and bad. I aboslutly love this game, i think its fantastic and well thought out. Anyone Agree?

NO your not the only one and Yes I agree. :D

StudUK
21st May 2005, 14:23
I'm finding the campaign very comphensive and involving & I'm loving it.

I'm finding the campaign stategy more intriguing than the actual battles, although I think these are done very well.

You soon realise the tactical battles play a small part in the whole game. I'm quite interested in winning the game via diplomacy (peaceful annexation..)
The campaign has DEPTH!!!

Feels more like a early 19th century sim :)

T

Smithy021
21st May 2005, 15:19
I really like this game, just Conquered France, what pisses me off is that i cant make soldier's in its capital's and i always have to keep a big a army there or they'll revolt :mad:

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 16:24
ah well thats how the cookie crumbles. at least they wont revolt.

boojeboy
21st May 2005, 16:38
Did someone say Iraq?

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 16:48
lol, they will revolt whether there are soldiers or not in Iraq.

StudUK
21st May 2005, 16:52
I really like this game, just Conquered France, what pisses me off is that i cant make soldier's in its capital's and i always have to keep a big a army there or they'll revolt :mad:

"During the annexation, you may also note that figures appear on the base of the
annexation icon. If this fills completely before annexation is complete, you will have to
face a patriot army. The larger your occupying force, the quicker the annexation will
e, and therefore the less likely you are to be b challenged by the local population.
resistance. Secondly, they cannot be fully annexed, only subjugated: an
eat of attack by a powerful adversary is prize enough. Any Satellite
Empire Capital Territories: Although similar to that of Capital Territories, there are
some notable differences. Firstly, annexation will take longer and require a large army
suppress to
army must remain there at all times following annexation, or the Empire will remerge.
Because of this, you will gain no material reward from these territories - the e
removal of the thr
Territories under an Empire’s rule when it is subjugated will also be unproductive;
such territories must be annexed before the fall of the capital in order for them to
become a full part of your Empire. Note that any neutral countries previously
annexed by the Empire will be liberated and regain their independence upon its fall."

Queeg
21st May 2005, 17:01
But i have to agree that probably Rote TW had a little "deeper" feeling conserning the strategy part

I think the campaign game in IG is far superior to RTW. Deeper, more strategic choices, more fun.

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 17:03
I love turning the flanks of the enemy and pounding them with musket fire and artillary and finishing off the last regiment with bayonets of the Black watch.

Thecrisis5
21st May 2005, 18:38
Ive tryed to play as russia, and every time i try to attack austria they kick my butt, and i lose. Im trying britain now because of faster reasearch and better units earlier.

ReCoiL
21st May 2005, 20:37
This game is awsome, played it all tonight as the British (who else?). This arn't going well at the moment though.

I started to attack Denmark, and had 3 armies set in ships to go over and take some of their land, but then they had 4 ships waiting for me and they destroyed them all i lost my armies ( i say destoyed, like 2 of my ships went off the map as it was my first naval battle and the tutorial didnt really help alot), so i only had one reserve army at home!

Then Denmark allied with Austria, so now i have Austria controlling the sea's around me and Denmark trying to invade the Bristish Isle's!! They have successfully taken over Scotland and Ireland, but i have managed to push them back off Britain and then i saved cause it was getting a bit hectic and i'm real tired... so i got a lot of work to do tommorow to save Britain!!!

BabyShambles
21st May 2005, 20:50
Do not listen to them

Most of them hate-posting these kind of comments are Rome Total War fanatics who do not find it adequate with Total War games

Yes that's true . I can't help but compare it to the Total War series . I shouldn't i know but i do . However i think it's great , im just waiting on the first patch as i have issues using the camera the way it is . Not being able to customise the keys for the camera is my only big issue .

Madallaw
21st May 2005, 21:36
There are some things, as with all games, that need to be addressed. But I like the game. =)