PDA

View Full Version : How to re-build my units

ballan
20th May 2005, 15:01
After a battle I return my units to the barracks, there is a button to bring the unit back to full strength, but it always greyed out and I therefore cant re stock the battalions. Anyone any ideas ?

Thanks

sick
20th May 2005, 15:37
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50717
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50725

Isgrim
20th May 2005, 18:51
1. i have not found the relevant technology at the tech-tree

2. Its a god damn awful idea to have to research such a obvious element

Toomin
20th May 2005, 20:55
I have not discovered any technology that mentions providing units with the ability to "restore" yet either. Either it's not listed in the technology description, or something more is need.

It doesn't seem like its a tech available in eras one or two, unless it's an autocratic government-type exclusive tech. I also have every building built in my capital from eras one and two. Looking ahead, I don't see any mention of the "restore" ability in the third era techs either.

So, does anyone have any experience/success with restoring units to maximum capacity?

Webrider
21st May 2005, 18:05
I read another post where it's an Autocratic govt only tech... I'm not sure how that effects ballance...I would be curious as to the logic behind this feature.

Cubiccube
22nd May 2005, 03:11
I truly do not understand this... you are telling me that only (2nd Era almost 3rd era) Autocratic goverments know how to reorganize their units? Makes no sense at all. Anyone with half a brain could move troops around so that the units with green troops would still have a better combat cohesion(learn from the veterans) than a completely new prim and proper unit. I just don't get it...

The Red Menace
22nd May 2005, 04:28
I truly do not understand this... you are telling me that only (2nd Era almost 3rd era) Autocratic goverments know how to reorganize their units? Makes no sense at all. Anyone with half a brain could move troops around so that the units with green troops would still have a better combat cohesion(learn from the veterans) than a completely new prim and proper unit. I just don't get it...

This game kind of tries to be Total War and Rise of Nations at the same time and the result has left me frustrated. Having an autocratic government to replace losses isn't realistic.

Gelatinous Cube
22nd May 2005, 04:32
You can replace with other government types, but it'll be more expensive (i.e. making new units and merging them). It's to simulate the ease with which autocratic governments can conscript, I suppose.

Brier
22nd May 2005, 08:40
Serious? HAHAHAA. wow. ya know I love this game, on the strat level anyway. But come on. Has anyone at Pyro even played any other strat games? Or read any period history? This lack of reforming is insane.