PDA

View Full Version : Game buying day tomorrow question.

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 14:46
Tomorrows Saturday, and I have a spare £30 burning moths in my pocket, and this game sounds right up my street.
But before I buy can anyone confirm that this game doesn’t contain the Star Force AKI virus.

frog7
20th May 2005, 15:46
That bloody Star Force is a pain in the ***iv got it with Silent hunter3 some times it will let me play other times iv got reboot or keep trying...MMMMMMmmm

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 15:58
The problem I have with it is a startup and shutdown lockup problem not to mention other stuff it might be messing with, people say it's become a virus, when I used starforce clean the problem went away.
That's why I’m checking here first before I buy. I’m not putting that on my computer again.

jaywalker2309
20th May 2005, 16:03
The game was definitely mastered CLEAN. no virus's.

Haven't heard about this virus issue before tho?

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 16:12
The game was definitely mastered CLEAN. no virus's.

Haven't heard about this virus issue before tho?

So Imperial Glory defiantly doesn’t use the starforce copy protection?

Mike_B
20th May 2005, 16:16
So Imperial Glory defiantly doesn’t use the starforce copy protection?

It uses securrom.

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 16:20
It uses securrom.

Cool, thankyou, made up, I would have really been p***** if I was prevented from buying IG just because of a silly CP, this game looks amazing.
I just hope it's in the stores here in England. :)

Stereophobia
20th May 2005, 17:03
can anyone confirm that this game doesn’t contain the Star Force AKI virus.
Im glad that Im not the only one that refuses to buy starforce games. Its flawed tot eh point that even the creator tries to avoid talking about it in interviews

jaywalker2309
20th May 2005, 17:10
Im glad that Im not the only one that refuses to buy starforce games. Its flawed tot eh point that even the creator tries to avoid talking about it in interviews

Just read up on it, they install device drivers on your pc, i just checked mine and its got 6 of them!!!

Stereophobia
20th May 2005, 17:13
You can get a removal tool http://www.onlinesecurity-on.com/protect.phtml?c=55

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 17:37
This is a interesting read.

http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000477025364/

It's outrageous, the new version 3 is suppose to be even worse.
All sorts of stories of burners not working or messing up, USB drives going down, the loss of raid arrays, slow down in games and applications, applications stop working and will not work again until a reformat, the list goes on . Just the lockups are enough for me. Yes okay you need copy protection but starforce has gone way over the line, they are taking the p***.

Thank God it's not in this game, it would have hurt to pass on this one.

jeffdan9
20th May 2005, 18:41
I know, I read it. I hate Starforce now because I read it. Something better like SecuRom is O.K but idiot Starforce is just crap in my oppinion. It is just some virus makers taking over your P.C.

CrossWire
20th May 2005, 20:12
I know, I read it. I hate Starforce now because I read it. Something better like SecuRom is O.K but idiot Starforce is just crap in my oppinion. It is just some virus makers taking over your P.C.

Never had a problem with securom or safedisk or any other CP.

jaycw2309 just posted he found 6 starforce device drivers on his machine, they are the ones he can see, what about all the hidden ones?
My advice to anyone infected with starforce when they uninstall the game it dosent uninstall starforce so use starforce clean several times, do a registry clean up, make sure you get every last bit of it off your machine, it's there without your permission.

Or man, Ive been looking at some reviews and screenys of IG, it looks the biz man. :D