PDA

View Full Version : Question for people with full game

thrawniejoe
19th May 2005, 22:37
There are two things that are holding me back from buying this game....
Which are present in the demo...

1. Artillery getting wiped out not matter what you do... the enemy some how runs right through my 2 line of men and go right for the artillery and destroy it within a few seconds... I for one think that’s total bs. (Even when it’s completely incased by men with no gaps.)

2. Entire Line formations rotating to face the enemy they want to fire at.... and when doing so they open up gaps in your ranks for the enemy to run right through to kill your artillery.

These two things drive me nuts in the demo... I know this is no Rome total war, but I do know they shouldn't be able to run past your line with out your men attacking them hand to hand or your guns killing all of the up close ones out right.

So please someone tell me if these still exist in the full game... I really want this game... but not if these problems remain.

Thanks for you time.

jaywalker2309
19th May 2005, 22:39
There are two things that are holding me back from buying this game....
Which are present in the demo...

1. Artillery getting wiped out not matter what you do... the enemy some how runs right through my 2 line of men and go right for the artillery and destroy it within a few seconds... I for one think that’s total bs. (Even when it’s completely incased by men with no gaps.)

2. Entire Line formations rotating to face the enemy they want to fire at.... and when doing so they open up gaps in your ranks for the enemy to run right through to kill your artillery.

These two things drive me nuts in the demo... I know this is no Rome total war, but I do know they shouldn't be able to run past your line with out your men attacking them hand to hand or your guns killing all of the up close ones out right.

So please someone tell me if these still exist in the full game... I really want this game... but not if these problems remain.

Thanks for you time.

Cannons will need protecting properly thats still a fact, as they have no real hand to hand defensive skills. Its up to you to look after them

Troops now have a wider firing arc, so dont rotate to face as much as before.

FEARLESS
20th May 2005, 12:27
If you've got artillery you must have cavalry to protect them it's as simple as that. Not to hard, makes for an interseting battle plan. Attacking while defending.......................OH! problems! problems! :)

thrawniejoe
20th May 2005, 18:18
All this I know and tired...
but they always some how get my artillery...
The AI units seem to ignore everything else and just go for the artillery no matter whats in their way.

In all the times I have played the demo(which is alot, to many to count), only 1 time have I not lost an artillery piece.

Silent_Scope
20th May 2005, 18:26
i did the demo and only losing 2 artillary peices and mincing the enemy.