PDA

View Full Version : Error starting Imperial Glory (authenticated/original disc etc)

jaywalker2309
19th May 2005, 22:27
1- Question: When I Start the game I get an error like `Could not authenticate disc in time, or Emulation detected, or insert original disc`.
1- Answer: Make sure you are using the original disc in the drive, not an emulated disc image. If you are sure you are doing this following the steps below.

# Right click on the desktop icon (if not got desktop icon, go to install folder and right click on the imperialglory.exe file)
# Select `Launch Analysis`
# A self diagnostic system will now run. Follow on screen prompts
# A file is created in the root of your C drive (analysislog.sr0). Zip this file up (need to keep integrity of file). If dont have zip program can download for Free from the web, or if got XP can use `send to` command under right mouse menu to send to `compressed folder (zipped)`. I cannot accept files that are not zipped.
# Email said zip file (its tiny) to discanalysis@eidos.co.uk - State which version of the game you are running (cd/dvd version, game name, country of purchase etc)
# Wait for a response from us (we will be as quick as we can analyse the problems)

- UPDATE 27th May 2005

Note if you receive a `Application could not initialise` this is NOT a fix for you. That error is being investigated for graphics cards that are below spec (will keep you all posted)

This fix is for consumers who get `Disc couldnt be authenticated`, `Insert original disc` (when original disc is inserted), `emulation detected` (no emulation being used) etc etc

This is in NOT a game code update, purely a copy protection `update`

Copy protection update (http://www.securom.com/support/customers/eidos/ImperialGlory_t078/ImperialGlory.zip)

Download the file, the zip contains a replacement imperialglory.exe (based on release version of game - all territories). Uncompress the file and then copy it on top of your installed game, it will ask you to overwrite the file if copied to right location.

If after you've tried this you STILL get the same type of errors then follow the instructions about submitting your analysis log

Huntley
21st May 2005, 07:58
This game looks great! But before I buy it I need to know if it uses Starforce or not. I have 2 other games protected by Starforce and they are causing me a lot of grief.

Those two games run OK for a few minutes and then POW! up comes a window asking for the disk in the drive. WTF!!!! The disk is in the drive, and has been since the start of the game. Plus I cannot make any CDs any more unless I completely remove the Starforce drivers.
So until I get this sorted I am not wasting any money buying games that are protected with Starforce - I just can't play them on my PC.

Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a Starforce rant, I just need to know if this game uses that method of protection before buying.

Peace,

Huntley

Mike_B
21st May 2005, 09:27
No it uses securom.

jeffdan9
21st May 2005, 13:24
Yeah, SecuRom is much better then the stupid Starforce virus I could call it. But what's the point of copy protection, UT removed it and no one copied it a lot, they only think that people are not honest when they are, BOO STARFORCE, call it a virus and delete it, McAfee and Norton. :mad:

Huntley
21st May 2005, 14:47
Thanks @M, I have placed my order!!

You have a point Jeffdan9, copy protection in general is becoming more and more intrusive and damaging. I have no issue with copy protection per se, although it would be nice not to have to keep popping the CD in and out of the player, risking damage.
ID and Epic have got it right, the initial release is copy protected, then later patches, once the game has passed beyond it's initial selling frenzy, remove the protection as a reward for the loyal customers. A good idea, since a casual perusal of game tech support forums will quickly show that the CD protection on some games causes more problems than the actual game itself.

A case in point is this new Starforce thing, I have two unplayable games due to this. I suppose I need a new CD/DVD player or something, to hell with that, I will just not buy games that use Starforce. I was going to buy Cossacks2 and Silent Hunter 3, but passed once I discovered that they used Starforce. Googling Starforce displayed a frightening number of posts on forums all over the web with users unable to play the games they had just bought. Many of these users have vowed never to buy a Starforce-protected game.
It's ironic that protection mechanisms, designed to increase sales are now actually responsible for decreasing them.

eastcoasthandle
21st May 2005, 16:03
I don't know what's going on but I have yet to see what a sea battle looks like. Everytime one loads up I get a black screen then I am kicked back to desktop.

x850xt ati Cat 5.5
asus p4c800-e deluxe
3.2E CPU
SB Audigy Z2

all with latest driver updates

Jertsy
22nd May 2005, 14:29
I have the listed error... I've emailed you, hope you get back to me "real" quick.

:) :)

jaywalker2309
22nd May 2005, 20:12
I have the listed error... I've emailed you, hope you get back to me "real" quick.

:) :)

Unfortunately its sunday :( kinda hard to do anything whilst i am at home (the email address you send to is an internal one at the office)

Will get on it first thing in the morning tho. Should have an answer pretty quick for you i hope

Jertsy
23rd May 2005, 10:16
Unfortunately its sunday :( kinda hard to do anything whilst i am at home (the email address you send to is an internal one at the office)
Will get on it first thing in the morning tho. Should have an answer pretty quick for you i hope

Hey Jay,

Yeh, thought sunday would put a spanner in the works. I'll await your response m8 :)

thanks!

Spencer.

jaywalker2309
23rd May 2005, 10:26
Hey Jay,

Yeh, thought sunday would put a spanner in the works. I'll await your response m8 :)

thanks!

Spencer.

Log is being analysed, hopefully have solution very soon

jaywalker2309
23rd May 2005, 11:43
Hey Jay,

thanks!

Spencer.

Check your email now ;)

I believe that worked yeh?