PDA

View Full Version : Have you bought the game?

FEARLESS
18th May 2005, 15:41
C'mon someone must have bought the game by now and can give us an honest run down on playability!...Cheers!! :)

Lord Boris
18th May 2005, 20:00
I brought the game, and just had a quick go at Waterloo historical battle. So far, it looks to be quite good but not as good as Rome Total War. I lost the battle of Waterloo to the French, but then, I am only just getting the hang of the controls. Whilst the controls are a bit similar to RTW they are different.

Still, so far the game looks like it has potential. Theres been a need for a good game of this type set in the Napoleonic era (not like Cossacks which is just a resource based RTS) and it looks like IG is that game. I have to play a bit more to get the hang of the controls more, and also try the campaign.

Early impressions are that the game is worthy of an 8 out of 10.

Thecrisis5
18th May 2005, 20:19
I give it 10 our of ten, currently playing as the russians, its amazing.

Lord Boris
18th May 2005, 21:25
Playing it a bit more my opinions improved further. I've done all the tutorials now and am also trying a Russian campaign. RTW is still top dog but IG is very good as well and a welcome addition to the genre. Its perhaps a little bit too fast in the battles, but I guess RTW was a bit too fast also.

Desktop Napoleon
18th May 2005, 21:48
I give it 10 our of ten, currently playing as the russians, its amazing.

Sounds cool. So did you find it at EB Games? I'm going to look there and BestBuy

Desktop Napoleon
18th May 2005, 21:49
I brought the game, and just had a quick go at Waterloo historical battle. So far, it looks to be quite good but not as good as Rome Total War. I lost the battle of Waterloo to the French, but then, I am only just getting the hang of the controls. Whilst the controls are a bit similar to RTW they are different.

Still, so far the game looks like it has potential. Theres been a need for a good game of this type set in the Napoleonic era (not like Cossacks which is just a resource based RTS) and it looks like IG is that game. I have to play a bit more to get the hang of the controls more, and also try the campaign.

Early impressions are that the game is worthy of an 8 out of 10.

So there is no resource management?

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 21:50
There is resource management, but not like you tell people to go gather stuff, but, well, have you played rome total war. Or any total war game?

Thecrisis5
18th May 2005, 22:03
Dont Go To Eb Games, They Have Pushed Back The Realease The Dat To The 19th. I Got Mine At Gamestop!!!!!!

Commisar Adam
18th May 2005, 22:10
Dont Go To Eb Games, They Have Pushed Back The Realease The Dat To The 19th. I Got Mine At Gamestop!!!!!!

Gamestop is a branch of EB. If Eb doesn't have it, than most Gamestops dont either.

Dravin
18th May 2005, 22:23
Tell me about it, the local Gamestop, plus the ones within 50 miles came up dry for copies of Imperial Glory.

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 22:36
Eb Canada says its coming out tommorow, is there any other canadian on this forum that knows?

Lord Boris
18th May 2005, 22:44
So there is no resource management?

Yeah, there is resource management but its in the campaign map turn based phase of the game. You develop provinces to make more wealth and research which helps you to field bigger and better armies for the real time battles.

Smithy021
18th May 2005, 23:04
Yea im Canadian ( Quebec ) i called FutureShop, they dont have it, they said next shipment is tommrow ( thursday ) and they MAYBE it would be in there... but they said it wasnt even in their comps... i called Wal Mart, and they said they dont have it... do you know any other place i could get it from?

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 23:08
I visited ebgames (electric boutique) they also said that they will have it tommorow. :(

Smithy021
18th May 2005, 23:14
where you from? province? region?

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 23:16
Toronto, Ontario

RickinMich
18th May 2005, 23:19
Just to keep the record straight, Gamestop owns EB (recently purchased), not the other way around. I got my copy this afternoon at Babbages in Michigan, USA, which is also owned by Gamestop.

I've played the tutorials (the strategic one is pretty good, the land and sea ones are pretty worthless, imo). The manual is only 25 pages long which is very disappointing for what appears to be a relatively deep strategic game. However, there is also a 4 meg .pdf file with a 73 page manual in the game directory after you've got it loaded. This is a help, I just hate it when pubs do this.

Going to dive into a campaign now as the Brits. More later. Rick

Smithy021
18th May 2005, 23:24
i just called EB in quebec and they said didnt know when they would get it, and i just called 2 other EB, and they said they will get it tommorow and other one said friday...

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 23:25
Omfg (Oh my funny God), i hope it's not friday!

Cro_Knight
18th May 2005, 23:42
i asked a week ago in BC they said not anytime soon but i think it was more like 2 weeks so could he mean a month or 2 weeks i just dont kno

(type name here)
18th May 2005, 23:57
I want this game so much! :eek:

Thecrisis5
19th May 2005, 01:23
I havent been this stoked about a game since MTW and that was way back when. :p

FEARLESS
19th May 2005, 02:16
Thanks guys' for all the little snippets of gameplay. Look forward to a little bit of in depth reading on the strategy side though :)

Sieur_Drewry
19th May 2005, 06:26
The EB games here where I live said it would be on the 18th. But when I called today they said they didnt get any shipments and most likely be here tommorow.

But I called like every other store and they havent even heard of the game.

The Danes Tordenskjold
19th May 2005, 15:33
Got it singleplayer is very entertaining - but i preffer on-line battel -
I am used to play Totalwar Shogun so it just to adapt to new weapons and tatics. Grafics and animations is far better than Totalwar. The game is defently worth buying

FEARLESS
19th May 2005, 17:44
Thanks Danes! :) keep 'em coming lads!. Lets have reviews and cut out the shopping programme.

rastak
19th May 2005, 17:56
Thanks Danes! :) keep 'em coming lads!. Lets have reviews and cut out the shopping programme.

I can only give you the shoppingnews because I'm still at work. Picked it up over lunch but don't get off work for hours.....can't wait to fire it up though......

Lssjmic
19th May 2005, 18:36
Well saying the games graphics is better than Shogun Total War isn't that great seen as the game came out in 2000 and the graphics stink :rolleyes:. Can't wait to crush some frogs under my union jacked boots.

Shearer9
19th May 2005, 18:41
arriving tomorrow apparantly cant wait!

BabyShambles
19th May 2005, 18:56
Got it singleplayer is very entertaining - but i preffer on-line battel -
I am used to play Totalwar Shogun so it just to adapt to new weapons and tatics. Grafics and animations is far better than Totalwar. The game is defently worth buying

Ok , i know this game is good and all , but.....Saying that the graphics are better than the Total War games , please don't fool yourself . The graphics are Medieval :Total War standard , they don't compare to Rome : Total War .

Silent_Scope
19th May 2005, 19:08
true, the graphic are nowhere near rome. But i think the gameplay is more important. Do tactics play an important part in voctory in this game because i wish to get it but have had bad experiences with games.

Muad'Dib
19th May 2005, 19:15
I'm leaving to pick up my copy from the local gamestop in about 15 minutes. Huzzah for Gamestop!

Silent_Scope
19th May 2005, 19:18
huzzah! huzzah!

curtlegion
19th May 2005, 19:20
Nice box....Nice Manual..... Pyro does good work.......Will get strategy guide when out.....Nice map foldout.....Nice card.....I golf now and tonight I will load....thanks pyro..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sick
19th May 2005, 19:41
The graphics are Medieval :Total War standard , they don't compare to Rome : Total War .

true, the graphic are nowhere near rome.

Look again (http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/jsikking/RTWvsIG.zip).
In my opinion, the maps in IG look far better than RTW. Even though the units in IG have a lower poly count, they still are a catch in the eye from close-up.

Silent_Scope
19th May 2005, 19:45
I dint say they were bad just not like rome's. Graphics are great overall

zzxxcc
19th May 2005, 19:51
Dude, is that accurate???

I've never played Rome:Total War, but from it's reputation...I mean, I really, really expected something very special. 'That' was not that something!

Are you telling me THAT is an accurate sceencap of what Rome:Total War looks like?

BabyShambles
19th May 2005, 20:35
Dude, is that accurate???

I've never played Rome:Total War, but from it's reputation...I mean, I really, really expected something very special. 'That' was not that something!

Are you telling me THAT is an accurate sceencap of what Rome:Total War looks like?

No just the maps look like that . I admit the maps look more detailed , but not the units (these are actual ingame shots):

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=247860&poll_id=0&warned=y

http://montinola.org/pics/rome/elephant_fall.jpg

http://montinola.org/pics/rome/3d_arrow.jpg

http://montinola.org/pics/rome/little_bighorn.jpg

http://montinola.org/pics/rome/brutii_charge.jpg

http://img206.echo.cx/my.php?image=untitled8pc.jpg

http://img139.echo.cx/my.php?image=ownt9hw.jpg

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=246805&poll_id=0&warned=y

Thecrisis5
19th May 2005, 20:43
Ive seen those before, did you post them on the TW forum??

Sharpe
19th May 2005, 20:53
The roman empire really doesn't interest me in the slightest, whereas I'm very interested in the napoleonic era, so i KNOW I'll prefer IG to Rome TW.

BabyShambles
19th May 2005, 21:34
Ive seen those before, did you post them on the TW forum??

No , i nicked them from the forum :p

Dravin
19th May 2005, 22:11
Booyah!

I had to go into Logan to get it, but I've got it, you know groveling is a very useful skill. :)

(type name here)
19th May 2005, 22:31
Sold Out!!!

jaywalker2309
19th May 2005, 22:33
Sold Out!!!

Ya kidding? how many copies had they had?

(type name here)
19th May 2005, 22:49
It sold out in the morning!!!!

andycmda
19th May 2005, 23:05
It sold out in the morning!!!!

I went there in the morning (didn't buy it because it didn't arrive yet), then went to watch StarWars Episode III.

I have decided to wait until review rating is released on gamespot.

I will pay special attention to the price of this game in futureshop and the flyer. Futureshop usually have $10 discount for new games for a week.

boojeboy
20th May 2005, 00:01
Called a place in Los Angeles (Eagle Rock), they had two copies and I decided to head over after lunch. Both were gone! I then resorted to a EBGames whose secret location I shall not reveal since they always have what I'm looking for and got it.
I'm going to install now. See you guys in a few weeks.

Marcus Justinus
20th May 2005, 00:30
Biggest thing I'm concerned with is online performance. I can play single player only so long before a game loses its interest to me. Going against another human gets the adreline running a bit more than AI (opinion of course)

If alot of people are playing this online, I'll go for it. But if it's a bust online, I'll avoid it. So please if you can post the average amount of players online, that'd be great.

spoom
20th May 2005, 00:44
I bought it and although it looks awesome.
It plays too fast for my tastes.
Sort of like Fusileers on dirt bikes.
I really hope there is a way to slow things down to a playable
speed. And I also play RTW and that is playable/enjoyable speed wise.
As far as the campain part goes.....I dont really care I want
Battles especially with other humans. Battles where you can have a
Strategy, Co-ordinate plans and actions. Not just send everything running and hope for best. Heres hoping some fixes are in the pipe already.

Captain Darling
21st May 2005, 03:55
Went into the local GAME and they had a stack of copies. Unfortunately it seems the rumours were true, the UK release is DVD ROM only. Ho hum. I can't get a DVD drive for my PC for a good month. So I guess I'll just have to wait.

*Sigh*

:(