PDA

View Full Version : I just discovered IG today and it looks great.

Desktop Napoleon
17th May 2005, 22:46
I have played around with the demo. I am also familiar with the Total War series, so a few things looked very familiar. I stumbled onto the game while looking up info on one of the Cossacks titles. I was kind of bummed because it looks like my machine is a little slow (if it will even run at all) because thought the RAM and video card are fine, the processor I have is only a 1.1 GHz. I am a fan of the Cossacks series and was trying to find a copy of Back to War online, but no one seems to have them. And the Anthology seems to be getting rarer because all the ones I saw were $60 - $80. Well I am not going to pay that much for two extra nations (I already have the first 2 in the series).

So here's my problem, and I don't want to start a spitting contest. I am wondering if you think I will find Imperial Glory to my liking? I love RTS games where you have to build up your economies and nations from scratch. From the demo I wasn't able to tell, but I was wondering, do you have to continually build up your armies and navies? As well as research new technologies and such. If it is close to the Total War series, where you build certain buildings to unlock certain units and you are basically starting from scratch I think I will like it. I am also a fan of the period (that's why I like the Cossacks games). I also like the way that IG seems to tailor units to the individual nations, I like unique units that not everyone has.

So what do you think? I sort of have my mind made up to give it a chance once I find a copy. But still curious if based on what I said I like, do you think I will enjoy this game?

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 22:47
Yes, i got the game today, and i must say its amazing.

Desktop Napoleon
17th May 2005, 22:49
Yes, i got the game today, and i must say its amazing.

So, all those things I like to do in a RTS, I'll get to do in IG?

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 22:58
Its gameplay is similiar to that of RTW, but has some more indepth statistics. So if you are really unto history, youll really love this game. Its even more similiar to medieval total war if youve played that.

Desktop Napoleon
18th May 2005, 06:11
And how about fans of the Cossacks series? How do you think this game will be? Do you think it has enough to offer to fill a nitch similar to Cossacks?

Anakin Skywalker
18th May 2005, 12:23
I am a Cossacks fan, but CossacksII was a bit dissapointing I think, therefor IG will be better. Maybe not as realistic, but you'll have more fun with it.

Desktop Napoleon
18th May 2005, 20:57
I am a Cossacks fan, but CossacksII was a bit dissapointing I think, therefor IG will be better. Maybe not as realistic, but you'll have more fun with it.

Well, one thing that I liked about IG is that it has lower system requirements & still manages to look halfway decent.

Thecrisis5
18th May 2005, 21:45
It not only looks half way decent, it looks better then cossacks 2 in my opinion. :cool: