PDA

View Full Version : Bug reporting thread

sick
17th May 2005, 19:54
Please post all bugs you've found in the full game in this thread. This will give Pyro a good overview of the found bugs, and allows them to make a patch asap, without having to do unnecessary diggin' work.

Please don't post something just like "the game crashed" but also if this crash was bound to a certain action in the game (f.e. charging enemy Horse Artillery with your Hussars, just to name something.)

Thanks!

LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
19th May 2005, 23:02
Hi all,

I just picked up the game and I'm really impressed!

However, I've experienced a MAJOR BUG in the game while playing any naval battles.
If I attempt to play any naval battles, the game will start to 'hesitate' periodically. For instance: once it's all loaded and you see the start of the battle (see your ship, etc.) ... the game will hesitate (like a CD skipping) for a split second or two, then go back to normal. After a few times, it will just totally freeze up my computer! Once it's frozen, an annoying buzz/humm can be heard from my speakers.

I can't even switch windows, or do ctrl-alt-del to access the task manager, etc. The computer TOTALLY FREEZES, so I always have to reboot.

I've tried everything in the options too! I've tried disabling some options, adjusting them (one at a time) and no luck at all.

By default, my options are:
Resolution: 1024x768
Color Depth: 32
Shadows: Yes
Weather Effects: Yes
Animation Quality: High
Animation Interpolation: Yes
Particle Level: High
Filter: Trilinear
Full Alpha Blending: Yes
Verticle Sync: Yes
Pixel Shaded Water: Yes

------------
I've tried turning off Pixel Shaded Water, and still ... the same thing. Also tried turning Vsync off, and put it on bilinear filtering, and still no joy.
I've even tried playing it at the most basic graphics mode, and still it does the same thing.

I've disabled all software in the background from running (i.e. antivirus, etc.) and still no luck at all! :mad:

Everything else works fine and works like a charm.

Anyone else have this problem // can help me out with this? It'd be a pain in the behind if I can't play the game cuz of this.

Here's the specs of my computer in case you need this (moderator / tech support people) copied and pasted (and shortened) from the DX Diagnostics report:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/19/2005, 18:51:33
Machine name: LIQUID
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Page File: 350MB used, 2114MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 6800 GT
Display Memory: 256.0 MB

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Audigy 2 Audio [FF40]

andycmda
19th May 2005, 23:11
this is more like a technical issue than a game bug. Usually a game bug does not freeze computer or make program run abnormally. But ya, it might be caused by the game.

Repulse
20th May 2005, 00:45
First I would like to say. Looks like a great game! But I wish I could play the land battles. I got the game today so I tried the land battle tutorial then it went to loading screen. Red bar moving and all is fine. When my computer reboots. Thinking maybe I should reboot and try again, but same thing. I did get one of the Historic battles to load but it rebooted when I was moving around looking at the map. I tried to take all the options off but same thing.

Thanks..

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/19/2005, 20:22:32
Machine name: MYCOMPUTER
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
System Manufacturer: n/a
System Model: n/a
BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 370MB used, 495MB available
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Uni

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 9600 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_00021002&REV_00
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Default Monitor

Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Live! Audio [FF80]
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80641102&REV_07
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0252 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: No
Date and Size: 7/19/2002 10:47:52, 837548 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Creative
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0xF5F
Min/Max Sample Rate: 4000, 191999
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
Registry: OK

rafed79
20th May 2005, 01:02
Same here. it crashes the system when there is hand to hand fighting or just a lot of commotion. I have an SLI setup of 6800 gt's 2gb of ram Athlon 64 4K+ a raid array and I'm having the problem so it has to be the game. Granted the nVidia drivers for the 6800's are sketchy right now, but the game is definitely triggering a crash/freeze whatever you want to call it. My two cents.

LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
20th May 2005, 04:03
this is more like a technical issue than a game bug. Usually a game bug does not freeze computer or make program run abnormally. But ya, it might be caused by the game.

I think it has to do with the game. I have NEVER had any problems with any other game (i.e. Half-life 2, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty + exp, BF Vietnam, Rome Total War, NFS Underground 2, Doom 3, MOH Pacific Assault).

All of these games that I own have no problem at all and they all run really well.

Maybe I'll try rolling back the NVIDIA drivers to the older release.

I hope they come out with a patch soon... the land battles work perffectly for me and they look really good!

For the moderator / Eidos ppl - here's a suggestion for the patch:
- include a 'rotate' regiment/unit button (i.e. like in Rome Total War, you could use the keys "," or "." to rotate your regiment left or right
- include a key that shows how the regiments will look like upon completion of their movement order(s) (i.e. in Rome Total War it was "spacebar" i believe that showed where all units would end up (their formation, etc.).

jaywalker2309
20th May 2005, 07:21
First I would like to say. Looks like a great game! But I wish I could play the land battles. I got the game today so I tried the land battle tutorial then it went to loading screen. Red bar moving and all is fine. When my computer reboots. Thinking maybe I should reboot and try again, but same thing. I did get one of the Historic battles to load but it rebooted when I was moving around looking at the map. I tried to take all the options off but same thing.

Update your video drivers to Cat 5.5 - this was a known issue on Cat 5.3/5.4 driver but ATI fixed the issue in their new driver

Repulse
20th May 2005, 14:08
Thanks for the help!! It is working now !!! I saw that update on the forums but thought it was for the new 800 card not the 9600 card. Oh well thanks again.. :D

captainavenger123456
20th May 2005, 18:02
I was really looking forward to this game, but I can't keep it running without locking up. I have tried at least 10 times now to get the quick battles on land and in the sea wroking. After a couple of minutes the game freezes on me. I can't get out of it, escape, kill Windows XP. I have to reboot the PC to get out of it. I have the following hardware

Dell PC running pentium 2.8
Radeon 9700 pro
1024MB memory
Audigy 2 soundcard.

I have all the latest drivers for the graphics card, Windows XP and soundcard. What can I do to get this game working?

Fieldy
20th May 2005, 18:52
Im having problems with the sound.. crackling noises etc.. Its really bugging me. Ive tried new drivers for my Soundblaster live card. No joy. :mad:

BANANAMAN
20th May 2005, 19:08
Guys, guys, guys, please take this very good home-remedy advice from BANANAMAN :rolleyes: : DELETE and get the Service Pack2 OUT from your pc: Service Pack2 has this very nasty urge of BLOCKING programs on your pc. Use your recovery (red) diskette if you have one (Attention !!!!!! -->> read instructions FIRST how to use the recovery diskette before use).

Again: it's just an advice, you dont have to follow it though. :rolleyes:

LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
20th May 2005, 21:19
Guys, guys, guys, please take this very good home-remedy advice from BANANAMAN :rolleyes: : DELETE and get the Service Pack2 OUT from your pc: Service Pack2 has this very nasty urge of BLOCKING programs on your pc. Use your recovery (red) diskette if you have one (Attention !!!!!! -->> read instructions FIRST how to use the recovery diskette before use).

Again: it's just an advice, you dont have to follow it though. :rolleyes:

point is, you shouldn't have to downgrade that far just to play a BRAND NEW GAME LOL.

Like imagine when Doom 3 and HL-2 came out, and it didnt work, and the only way to make it work was to get rid of XP and put back Windows 98 on ...

Doesn't make any sense.

BTW, i tried installing Imperial Glory on my Athlon XP 1800+ system, put all my new hardware on it (also tried it with the crappy GF4 Ti 4600) with XP (non-SP2) and it still did the same thing. Tried installing it on another friend's computer who has the ATI X600 and latest drivers, and he has the same problems as others have mentioned above with ATI cards.

Looks like a software problem.

wolfetone
20th May 2005, 23:06
First off, I want to say that I wish I wouldn't have bought this game. I mean, I started playing it yesterday afternoon and found my poor eyes straining to stay open at 6 in the morning. :)

Anyhoo, one possible error might be that when playing as England, I couldn't land troops anywhere in Denmark (not Norway). Regardless of the sea zone I was in or what I did (even when I was in Hannover). Wouldn't let me try it at all... So? I also ran into this in a couple of other areas too. Might just be me.

Also, the restore for units. Didn't work regardless of what I did and there's nothing in either the site, manual or manual from the installation disc that addresssed that. Any ideas?

There are a few other issues but those are mostly patch related problems. Other than that, I had no problems with graphics, lock ups, sound or other issues. And though there are some tweaks the game does need, it still looks like a wonderful game! :o

LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
20th May 2005, 23:09
Also, the restore for units. Didn't work regardless of what I did and there's nothing in either the site, manual or manual from the installation disc that addresssed that. Any ideas?

Yeah, how do you retrain / restore damaged units?!?!?!

To get around that, I just make more of the same unit types and combine them to each other, and the left overs get sent back to be garisoned somewhere till i can throw em in somewhere else.

wolfetone
20th May 2005, 23:21
Yeah, how do you retrain / restore damaged units?!?!?!

To get around that, I just make more of the same unit types and combine them to each other, and the left overs get sent back to be garisoned somewhere till i can throw em in somewhere else.

Me too, but I had a few units with a lot of experience and I hate losing that everytime because I can only use new units... (otherwise a unit would simply get eliminated due to attrition).

krazed
21st May 2005, 05:28
you need to build a military hospital, it works for me, anyway sometimes after i win a battle, the screen just goes black and the game freezes, i can still see the in game mouse icon though, just a black screen with no sound

LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
21st May 2005, 05:34
you need to build a military hospital, it works for me, anyway sometimes after i win a battle, the screen just goes black and the game freezes, i can still see the in game mouse icon though, just a black screen with no sound

I've completed the medical quest and have local hospitals in every territory of mine.

Is the military hospital the upgraded version of the 'local hospital' ?? if so, then i dont have it yet cuz im still in the first page of the stuff you can research

krazed
21st May 2005, 05:37
its in the second era, after modern hospital

Toomin
21st May 2005, 05:59
its in the second era, after modern hospital

Does anyone know the name of the specific Tech that allows you to build the Military Hospital? And also, is it Autocratic only, because I don't think I see it in my (Democratic) Tech Tree.

ruftops
21st May 2005, 10:06
In my game Spain has the same flag as the Tunisian one, and my game also crashes after a land battle as the english against the french,

Captain Sharpe
21st May 2005, 10:40
Just got the game yesterday, I think it's awesome but I'm a big fan of the period. Anyway, My bug is in the diplomacy screen, I offer food (or whatever) to someone in return for money, click the send button and the reply scroll appears but it's empty and the game crashes :confused: , this doesn't happen all the time but is fairly frequent. I could just blow up all of the other countries rather than being diplomatic but I am not an american.

bucephalus12
21st May 2005, 12:48
Sometimes one or more of my squads will stop marching on the way to their final destination as if they have forgotten where they are going. I will have to click on them and reissue movement orders to get them going again.

This seems to happen more often when the units are moving through rough but not impassable terrain. It occurs when troops are in the open too but not as often.

It is a bit annoying when you take the time to set up a nice battle line only to have it fall apart when moving forward to engage the enemy.

Gorasonas
21st May 2005, 12:52
Camera Bug: occured on map Brandenburg

Occured in 2 of 2 battles on that map.
The camera went crazy and did infinite vertical 360degree movement.
I was not able to control the camera anymore.

The bug was only on that single map so far..

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 13:00
Camera Bug: occured on map Brandenburg

Occured in 2 of 2 battles on that map.
The camera went crazy and did infinite vertical 360degree movement.
I was not able to control the camera anymore.

The bug was only on that single map so far..

Had since that once myself, but couldnt repeat. I was able to recover the camera by moving the mouse to edge of screen to `counter` the spin

Frans1986
21st May 2005, 13:09
Update your video drivers to Cat 5.5 - this was a known issue on Cat 5.3/5.4 driver but ATI fixed the issue in their new driver

Had the same problem as the other people, but when I installed this Cat 5.5 the game coudn't start at all! Is there someone who knows what to do? I want to play this game and I want it now!

Sys. specs:
AMD Athlon 2700+
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9600Pro

eastcoasthandle
21st May 2005, 13:11
I am also having the same problem. But for me the game simply crashes when I am about to enter the sea battle. It appears to load up fine but then the screen goes black and I am kicked back to desktop. I have yet to see what a battle in the sea looks like :(. I purchased the game yesterday and really do like it. However, I would appreaciate it if this is addressed. I already emailed tech. with ATI and they already have drives to get the game to work (as the land battles would also crash similar to the sea battles). So, I can't say if the drivers to the video card are the problem or not. It appears that ATI has addressed it. But it bugs me to no end how this crash is similar to the original crash I had when I tried to play the demo:

X850XT with 5.5 drivers (fix for this game is included, I can now play the land games were before I could not with 5.4 drivers)

XP Pro

SB Audigy Z2

P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2E 1 gig Corsair Ram

Hannibal-Sun
21st May 2005, 14:49
I agree and have a similar issue and Buc (as quoted below).

I selected all troops and click to march them to a position. Only my rifleman including the leader began marching. The infantry which are mainly upgraded peasants (forgive me for not knowing the names at this time) did not do as told the first time. So, I had to select them separately to march them to the position.

I don't like when troops don't do as told when on the way to battle and it makes me nervous to think that they may act this way IN the fray.

Please fix this bug.

Sometimes one or more of my squads will stop marching on the way to their final destination as if they have forgotten where they are going. I will have to click on them and reissue movement orders to get them going again.

This seems to happen more often when the units are moving through rough but not impassable terrain. It occurs when troops are in the open too but not as often.

It is a bit annoying when you take the time to set up a nice battle line only to have it fall apart when moving forward to engage the enemy.

Hannibal-Sun
21st May 2005, 14:52
I experienced the same issue as noted below by krazed.

Blacked-out screen with a mouse cursor only showing...then suddenly an error message came-up and the game shut down. The message asked if I'd like to report the bug to Microsoft (sure!).

Now, I am reporting it to you guys to pay attention to it because it happened while I was playing a campaign and I am not sure if it saved the battle.

FYI: this was a battle where I had my riflemen up in a farmhouse blasting the enemy which was on the attack. The voice told me, my men were being slaughtered but they had not yet engaged. Is this a bug or something else?

Take care all.

Trafalgar200
21st May 2005, 15:52
I seem to be having the same problem as many other people. When I attempt to run the Battle tutorials, Quick Battle or a battle in the campaign the computer loads most of the way, then the screen goes to a blank screen and the computer totally locks up. The only way to get out of it is to manually shut down the computer by cutting the power.

My computer:

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop computer
P4 3 GHz processor with HT
512 Ram
Radeon 9700 Graphics card with 128 Ram
Most upto date drivers for video, sound and Windows XP.

I am unable to use the Catalyst drivers as they aren't compatible with my graphics card, so I have to use the ones Dell provides.

This game looks really good and the Demo ran fine, so I have no idea why the full game is having this problem. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.

munchie7777
21st May 2005, 19:51
i keep getting a "application failed to initialize" error message everytime i try to run this game. my specs are:

p4 2.8
raedeon 9600 pro 256mg
5.5 catylist drivers
1 gig ram

irishtexan
21st May 2005, 20:02
i have the same problem, is there absolutely no way around this? i refuse to spend MORE MONEY on a new graphics card, so if i cant play it, the game is going back.

[Imperial Legionaire]Kais
21st May 2005, 20:18
Ok my game doesnt crash like everyone elses. The only problem i have is on land battles when the troops engage in fighting these weird boxes form over the dead(with weird jaged forms etc..) and when they engage these weird vertical lines and horizontal lines shoot out from the battle.Other than that i have no problems.

About my system info i dont have it with my right now. Im at the library and not on my home comp. No internet at my house.Althought i know i meet and am above the system requirements.

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 20:38
Kais']Ok my game doesnt crash like everyone elses. The only problem i have is on land battles when the troops engage in fighting these weird boxes form over the dead(with weird jaged forms etc..) and when they engage these weird vertical lines and horizontal lines shoot out from the battle.Other than that i have no problems.

About my system info i dont have it with my right now. Im at the library and not on my home comp. No internet at my house.Althought i know i meet and am above the system requirements.

Have you got a radeon card perchance? we had a problem on older cat drivers with radeon 9xxx series, but was fixed both in code and in updated drivers

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 20:40
I seem to be having the same problem as many other people. When I attempt to run the Battle tutorials, Quick Battle or a battle in the campaign the computer loads most of the way, then the screen goes to a blank screen and the computer totally locks up. The only way to get out of it is to manually shut down the computer by cutting the power.

My computer:

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop computer
P4 3 GHz processor with HT
512 Ram
Radeon 9700 Graphics card with 128 Ram
Most upto date drivers for video, sound and Windows XP.

I am unable to use the Catalyst drivers as they aren't compatible with my graphics card, so I have to use the ones Dell provides.

This game looks really good and the Demo ran fine, so I have no idea why the full game is having this problem. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.

There was no real change between demo and full release in graphic terms. So shouldnt be a problem. .what is the driver date on your system - there are websites that have drivers for laptops

jaywalker2309
21st May 2005, 20:42
i keep getting a "application failed to initialize" error message everytime i try to run this game. my specs are:

p4 2.8
raedeon 9600 pro 256mg
5.5 catylist drivers
1 gig ram

Your card is definitely a supported chipset. Could you post your dxdiag? (sound card details etc would be handy)

BatSkinny
21st May 2005, 20:51
Anyhoo, one possible error might be that when playing as England, I couldn't land troops anywhere in Denmark (not Norway). Regardless of the sea zone I was in or what I did (even when I was in Hannover). Wouldn't let me try it at all... So? I also ran into this in a couple of other areas too. Might just be me.

You can only make landings on areas that have wharves. Thats why you can't land on Normandy beach East of Falaise.

I also get the black screen sometimes after finishing a battle It loaded back to the Strat map then a sea battle loading screen came up and started loading when that finished black screeen. I had to Ctrl + alt and shutdown IG from desktop. I think it was the computer getting upset cause I spanked him so bad he had me out numbered 2 -1 and I ended up losing 20 lancers and 2 grenadiers to his 9 howitzers and 300 Light infantry. :)

Now I'll have to fight it all over again! :rolleyes:

munchie7777
21st May 2005, 21:14
how do i post dxdiag? my sound is Realtek AC897 audio. i believe it is intergrated into motherboard.

ZeroCustom04
21st May 2005, 21:26
I keep getting the message "Error: Application Can't Be Initialized"...
I have a Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512 MB of Ram, a 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card, CD-DVD Combo Drive, and Cable Internet, why am I getting this message? Please reply.

Madallaw
21st May 2005, 21:32
As far as the crashing when going into battle, I had to rollback my Catalyst drivers to 5.1. So if one doesn't work, keep going back. I have a Radeon Card, so I don't know about other things.

A couple possibel bugs I have seen... though, I hope it is because I am not entirely comfortable with the game yet... is that when in a Naval battle, the AI likes to skim the edge of the map... almost leaving. They never turn to fight unless I box them in a corner and they are forced to engage. They just do not move a way from the edges of the map.

Also, when in an alliance, my allies do NOT attack anyone. This defeats the purpose of an alliance, does it not? I was England, and I was allied with Denmark, Portugal, and Morocco agains Spain, France and Batavia. Portugal did have a fair size army, but never moved into Spanish terriroty, Denmark sat and did not help in Batavia, and Morocco, well, they were too far to do anything. So, maybe a suggestion would be to up the AI to actually participate in wars.

If these are not bugs and anyone has any help/suggestions, please inform me. Thanks! and I hope this helps.

rileyu
22nd May 2005, 04:53
I am also having trouble with sound, sometimes the sound will partially be there, other times it wont be there at all.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforece 6600 GT 128mb
Emu 1212m soundcard

Mike_B
22nd May 2005, 08:13
how do i post dxdiag?

Start/run/dxdiag

Then just copy paste it but please not the whole lot. I believe the first two blocks are enought.

jaywalker2309
22nd May 2005, 08:40
I have a Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512 MB of Ram, a 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card, CD-DVD Combo Drive, and Cable Internet, why am I getting this message? Please reply.

From how you describe your graphics card am going to hazard a guess its an intel integrated chipset? Running dxdiag will confirm this.

Knighoeth
22nd May 2005, 11:30
I keep getting a problem where in the Campaign mode, when I go to click on say the buildings or units, when it comes up the background is 'tiled' with images of bvarious units etc, is the best way I can describe it I suppose. Its irritatingbecause it mean that I cant actually play more than a couple of turns because the tiling obscures half the stuff or wont let me click on any tabs on that screen. I'm running a 3200+ athlon with 512 mb of ram with a geforce fx5200. It plays half life 2 and doom 3 fine so i'd be amazed if it was a graphics card issue. Oh, I also have the latest drivers and everything, and have tried to uninstall then re-install the game. Didn't help though....

Major_R_Sharpe
22nd May 2005, 11:36
I have just got the game it looks great, i have tryed playing as the British but found i could not build any buildings. When playing as another nation i can,

Hope u can help. Thax

Sir Crow
22nd May 2005, 16:24
I like the game and have begun a campaign as Britain but have incurred 3 CTD's. Once my 7 year old daughter was playing and clicked an icon in the Research tree and it sent her straight to the desktop with no ability to recover game. The two times it happened for me it went to desktop but it was still in the Windows XP tasbar where I could click on it and resume this happened one tome while fighting the Austrians in battle in Hanover, (I actually won!) and another time in the diplomacy screen.

Windows XP
512mb 3200 DDR Ram
nVidia 5700 256mb
on board 5.1 sound
2 x 160GB hard drives
Sempron 2800+ CPU

PS I do disable programs like my Avast antivirus too before playing.

Queeg
22nd May 2005, 17:40
PS I do disable programs like my Avast antivirus too before playing.

Yes. Disable everything you don't need to play the game, which means pretty much everything.

zenkmander
22nd May 2005, 19:33
Hi, I just got this game. The FPS on the starting menu is very low; however, for some reason, the cursor doesn't stutter or anything. It's completely smooth. I lowered all of the graphics settings to minimum, restarted the game, and the menu is still as choppy as ever. I have a GeForce FX5200, which should be more than capable of handling the menu of all things. Anyone have a fix?

Specs:
Intel Celeron D 330 @ 2.66 GHz
768mb PC2700 RAM
GeForce FX 5200 256mb using the latest Omega drivers
SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS

CrossWire
22nd May 2005, 19:52
Okay I have a bug "really" yes. It's in the sea battles, I was having this really prolonged fight with 2 French ships and winning, but I kept getting told I was leaving the combat area when I was slap bang in the middle of the map, also I was kicking French arse but kept getting told I was doomed and about to be annihilated. Talk about negative vibes.

wolfetone
22nd May 2005, 22:13

You can only make landings on areas that have wharves. Thats why you can't land on Normandy beach East of Falaise.

I also get the black screen sometimes after finishing a battle It loaded back to the Strat map then a sea battle loading screen came up and started loading when that finished black screeen. I had to Ctrl + alt and shutdown IG from desktop. I think it was the computer getting upset cause I spanked him so bad he had me out numbered 2 -1 and I ended up losing 20 lancers and 2 grenadiers to his 9 howitzers and 300 Light infantry. :)

Now I'll have to fight it all over again! :rolleyes:

Or at least that's waht I have to do :(

munchie7777
22nd May 2005, 22:50
i hope this helps.

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/22/2005, 18:45:39
Machine name: GM-N24JH8F3O3FO
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
System Manufacturer: INTELR
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Page File: 170MB used, 2291MB available
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 9600 Series (DNA-ATi 3.9.5.4)
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4152)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4152&SUBSYS_7C291545&REV_00
Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6525 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Date/Size: 3/22/2005 23:01:17, 225280 bytes
WHQL Date Stamp: None
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
Mini VDD Date: 3/22/2005 23:00:57, 1034752 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0212-11CF-886F-235CA1C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x1002
Device ID: 0x4152
SubSys ID: 0x7C291545
Revision ID: 0x0000
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available
DDraw Test Result: Not run
D3D7 Test Result: Not run
D3D8 Test Result: Not run
D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_1022147B&REV_02
Manufacturer ID: 65535
Product ID: 65535
Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5350 (English)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 10/9/2003 06:52:08, 475788 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Full
Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32
Voice Management: Yes
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
Sound Test Result: Not run

rileyu
22nd May 2005, 23:16
is there any fix for the soundbug i have? see above for reference, this problem happens to me everytime i play.

ZeroCustom04
23rd May 2005, 03:28
From how you describe your graphics card am going to hazard a guess its an intel integrated chipset? Running dxdiag will confirm this.

I just dunno how to tell whats what? tell me exactly ewhat the minimum stuff should say on this

colmde
23rd May 2005, 09:46
Not sure if this is a bug or not, but after fighting in a Naval battle for a while, my ships start to mysteriously disappear one by one... The text tells me they have left the engagement (and indeed they are waiting for me when the battle is over), but they weren't necessarily leaving the battlefield map... (i.e. they were well within the square on the minimap)

FEARLESS
23rd May 2005, 15:24
Disappearing ships I've had on numerous occasions. No idea why and it's not mentioned anywhere :mad:

Duran
23rd May 2005, 19:06
My computer restarts.....when I do a quick battle on land...how ever a battle on sea is good....but a battle on land...after loading...then the computer restarts...

i have a Realtek integrated sound,

9600 Pro 5.5 Catalyst Drivers
P4 530J (3.0 Ghz)
1 GB Corsair Ram
74 GB Raptor 10,000 RPM drives...

Is this a bug or technical?

Dannard
23rd May 2005, 20:39
This game rules! Although its so so buggy. I cant play land battles or the land battle tutorial 'cos the game makes my computer restart!!!!
This needs fixing NOW! I paid for a game that doesn't work !

P4 3.2 @ 3.5
X800XTPE (5.3 Catalyst)
2GB Corsair XMS 4000 SE

Mohammed
23rd May 2005, 22:37
I was really looking forward to this game, but I can't keep it running without locking up. I have tried at least 10 times now to get the quick battles on land and in the sea wroking. After a couple of minutes the game freezes on me. I can't get out of it, escape, kill Windows XP. I have to reboot the PC to get out of it. I have the following hardware

Dell PC running pentium 2.8
Radeon 9700 pro
1024MB memory
Audigy 2 soundcard.

I have all the latest drivers for the graphics card, Windows XP and soundcard. What can I do to get this game working?

I'm having this same problem, does anyone have an idea why?

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/23/2005, 17:34:56
Machine name: BEAST
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 168MB used, 2293MB available

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: The file als4000.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700
Chip type: GeForce FX 5700
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0342&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3980288 bytes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3454656 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4002-11CF-A57F-0A2000C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0342
SubSys ID: 0x00000000
Revision ID: 0x00A1
Revision ID: 0x00A1
AGP Status: Enabled

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Avance Sound
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_4005&DEV_4000&SUBSYS_40004005&REV_00
Driver Name: als4000.sys
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.4000 (English)
Date and Size: 10/22/2001 13:46:08, 28919 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Avance Logic, Inc.
Min/Max Sample Rate: 48000, 48000
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No

(type name here)
23rd May 2005, 22:56
I think it's either minks or izhora, it's the one with the fortified city, in quick battle when you play as defender and have all you units garrisoned in houses, the a.i will just stand there, even if you un-garrison your units. A major bug with the a.i :rolleyes:

jaywalker2309
24th May 2005, 09:01
This game rules! Although its so so buggy. I cant play land battles or the land battle tutorial 'cos the game makes my computer restart!!!!
This needs fixing NOW! I paid for a game that doesn't work !

P4 3.2 @ 3.5
X800XTPE (5.3 Catalyst)
2GB Corsair XMS 4000 SE

You need to be running CAT 5.5 drivers (there is a specific IG fix in those driver) have covered this in numerous threads already

jaywalker2309
24th May 2005, 09:02
My computer restarts.....when I do a quick battle on land...how ever a battle on sea is good....but a battle on land...after loading...then the computer restarts...

i have a Realtek integrated sound,

9600 Pro 5.5 Catalyst Drivers
P4 530J (3.0 Ghz)
1 GB Corsair Ram
74 GB Raptor 10,000 RPM drives...

Is this a bug or technical?

Are you running ATI 5.5 drivers, or other 3rd party version (like omega etc) - Cat 5.5 had a specific fix in it for this issue.

Mohammed
24th May 2005, 20:15
I can't play for very long before the game just freezes (campaign map or battle), no sound movement or anything. Hell, I can't even Ctrl + Alt + Del my way out of the application and no one can help me? Just awesome, just freaking awesome.

Frans1986
24th May 2005, 21:06
After installing CAT 5.5 I was finally able to play this game, but now I still have a problem! After playing 2 minutes all pictures of units get weird. I can't recognise them anymore, they consist of small blocks in different colors. The saving-screen and all the other screens are also messed up. Then I can press ALT+TAB and change the refresh rate to a lower or higher level and I'm able to see the pictures again for a certain time (the messing-up) gets back faster after playing a while... Does anyone know what to do, is there something wrong with my monitor or my videocard (ATI 9600pro)?? Please help me, pressing ALT+TAB all the time isn't very funny...

GenMoore
24th May 2005, 22:18
Well I see a problem with the stacking of Inf/Cav etc with the Officer(Captain).

The tutorial and the Campaign game will not allow you to make complete units of Officer and three other units.

Playing British/England/Ireland/Scotland, I find I cannot get a full compliment of units with the officer.

Found it Hard to get Inf off of ships, even when near ports.

In Rome TW this was not a problem. :(

meb123
24th May 2005, 22:51
Hi everyone,
Just bought Imperial Glory, havent been able to play it yet as when I load the game the screen goes black followed by a grey bar that gets brighter, then the loading screen then the computer re-boots.... im not much of a computer wizz so could be missing a basic fix here... can anyone help please..

(Athlon 3000, 1gig ram, Nvidia 5200, winxp) ... :confused:

joshpandalini
25th May 2005, 01:29
whats up with this game it just crashes everytime I load a land battle, sometimes, but atleast not as often it crashes in the campaign map.

When i go to battle after a few mins, being 1-5, the game either just freezes and goes to black, or just goes black.

here are my specs

samsung pc 3200 1 gig of ram
ati radeon 9600 pro 5.5 cat drivers
amd 2500+ cpu

I tried the omega drivers, 5.4 and eve rolled back to 5.1 and 4.9, none of that stuff even works.

ilec
25th May 2005, 11:43
I have noticed the following bug with the Ruler of the Seas quest (it may happen with other quests - I have only noticed it with the Ruler of the Seas quest) - although the reward description indicates that a military harbour and a sloop will be constructed in all of my coastal provinces, at no cost to me - my treasury and population seem to be emptied out to pay for the construction.

Other than that I am enjoying the game.

GenMoore
25th May 2005, 12:05
Mohammed, do you have to have that trial of computer parts in every thread.

Its not nesessery you know, once Is enuff.

Give us some room to please. :)

pshirley
26th May 2005, 03:19
First game (playing as France) things worked fine. Second game (playing as Russia), when I created a cultural center and a newspaper building I only got half the annexation points I was supposed to get (i.e. 10% instead of 20% for a cultural center).

joshpandalini
26th May 2005, 06:01
lol, i just formatted my computer and reinstalled everything from scratch, 5.5 cat drivers now and this game still reboots and crashes.

joebucklow
26th May 2005, 12:45
bought the game a few days ago have not yet played a battle due to crashes. i have a radeon X 300 graphics card.

i read earlier about upgrading to cat 5.5. how is this done?

also, any othe rtips for stopping these crashes??

thanks

Mike_B
26th May 2005, 15:25
To upgrade first go to ati's site to download the latest drivers. Then go to my computer/configuration/software and uninstall the current ati drivers. Reboot your pc as requested, install the new drivers, reboot and configure your settings.

eastcoasthandle
27th May 2005, 01:55
I notice that you can cross units from Cyrenaica to Greece through 3 parts of Ocean. Can you fix this? It's more random then anything else. I notice it most used by the AI.

colmde
27th May 2005, 11:02
I've noticed it just recently, the odd time, after a land battle, the loading screen appears, then for some reason the naval battle loading screen begins, (without returning to the game map), then the screen just goes black with only the mouse pointer visible (the IG mouse pointer, not the windows one). There's no way out of this without alt-tabbing back to windows and closing the application.

It only seemed to happen in the last day or two, but then I've been fighting more battles in a row these days (e.g. four battles without returning to campaign mode, between my turn and Austria's)

DESJARDINS
27th May 2005, 12:36
Hello,

I have compete a campaign with Great Britain and i have found a bug:

After capturing the Russian Empire, some of its ships still remained in the map and one of them even dock in the Venecia`s port, so, I couldn´t dock ships on that port because the computer told me that it belongs to Russia.
I also tried to fight against those ships but i was unable to do because the IA simply don´t recognized that ships.

Suggestions after complete the campaign:

- The IA sometimes acts in a very stupid way. It send its troops one by one so i can destroy them with no effort. The IA left its cannons far away from battle too, sending its troops first and lefting his cannons apart forgotten in the other side of the map. (I nave complete in the medium level so I don´t know if it happens in the hard level.)

- I have lost a lot of ships because they went "out of the square", please solve this because it is very unclear for me (They was on the square even heading to the center of the map!!!)

- ordering when in pause will be very helpfull.

Greetings.

DESJARDINS
28th May 2005, 02:14
I Forgot It

I Can´t Complete Any Unit. I Don´t Know How To Do It. Please Help.

joshpandalini
28th May 2005, 04:55
i thought that what might be crashing my game would be the sound drivers, but I ended up formatting AGAIN, because after trying to play the game and have it crash maybe 20 times in the past day my windows wouldnt boot up anymore, so i just formatted again.

This time I installed cat 5.1 and didnt install my sound drivers, tried to play agian, and it did the same thing, so it isnt my sound drivers, even though a few times when i disabled sound, it seemed to run stable for a while. :/

the_duffin
28th May 2005, 14:37
I have suddenly had the problem that when i start the game i can hear the sound of the game but can only see a black screen. A few nights a go the screen flickered often (and no it is not a broken monitor cause it does not happen with anything else.)

I have reinstalled the game, unistalled and then installed the game, both keeping and deleating the saved games.

Does anyone have any idea what has caused this?

My PC
amd athlon 2200+ processor
120Gb hard drive
128mb geforce FX 5900
512Mb ram

Webrider
28th May 2005, 22:09
Never had a leader promoted through battle but had them level a few times... Bonopart had 35 battles and was only leveled by tech advances from cap through general.. never saw a commander promoted.

toward the end of the game I was unable to select egypt to go to war with on the map and it kept automatically giving them right of passage agreements and them to me as well ... until finally for some reason we got to start fighting which then let me win the game.

Played completly through a game ... no real problems except those mentioned above... manual could be a bit more clear on commerce and how to build internal commerce. Other then the features "I" want added a very clean release from one play through as the French.

ZeroCustom04
29th May 2005, 01:45
I have a Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512 MB of Ram, a 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card, CD-DVD Combo Drive, and Cable Internet, why am I getting this message? Please reply. Or email me: zerocustom04@hotmail.com

Lowen
29th May 2005, 03:24
this game hasn't given me many problems up time now, and I've managed to complete a campaign as austria on medium, conquering the entire map without any crashes I remember.

but my new game as prussia is some way in now, almost complete with the first era. Now it's constantly crashing at the same spot on the campaign map during the great british AI move, no idea what is causing it.

I guess I could try to reload a auto-savegame back a bit, but the game has been going very well in my favor and I'm afraid I won't end up with such a favorible situation if I do that, or I will end up with a good situation, but it will still crash at a similar spot.

UPDATE: worked around the bug by backtracking about 3 months, now it does not crash and I am in my same aggressive position. Still, this should be fixed as this workaround is a big pain. I believe the bug/crash is related to the AI walking through my territory with a right of passage, although this is obviously not ALWAYS a cause of crashing.

AbshireJW
30th May 2005, 00:05
Not sure if anyone has noticed this bug,but i was in a battle agiasnt the prussians in the english channel, and I had 3 ships as did the enemy...i kept my ships in good formation and all close together....even in the heat of the battle. I boarded and captured on of the prussian ships, sank the other and was chaseing the 3rd one down, when 2 of my ships vanished...i heard sounds like that they had sunk....but they had little or no damage. And they were in like i said tight formation with my 3rd ship. Soon after a long chase the prussian ship got away....and my ships were back on the main screen for the campain...I ended up loosing the battle, and the ship that I captured didnt get logged as a captured ship and one of my ships is gone.

So basically unless the battle took place in the the corsican triangle or some crap....i lost a ship and a battle that I shouldnt have.....anyone know if this is a bug or does god hate the Royal Navy?

Webrider
30th May 2005, 05:30
Playing as Prussia..... Hanover paid me for a defensive alliance.. I accepted...

Britain attacks and takes Hanover..... It says France attacked my alliance partner and I am at War with France.... I am now France's only enemy and they are my only enemy.... If anything if should be Britain. This has to be a bug. I am not allied with Britain or anyone else. Hanover and I were the only ones in our alliance. Hanover is now gone because Britain took them.... Britain and France are not at war. SO France could not have taken Hanover then Britain take it from France... Britain moves first in each turn......

Might be interesting if trun sequence were random not always Britain first.

Mike_B
30th May 2005, 05:45
i lost a ship and a battle that I shouldnt have.....anyone know if this is a bug or does god hate the Royal Navy?

It's because you don't play in an unlimited sea, there are borders set (though they can't be seen) when you cross them you loose your ship. There's beeing worked on a mod to fix this and the issue has been brought up in the patch/suggestion thread as well to fix this.

RockyHill
30th May 2005, 09:43
I have a couple of grahics problems when playing the Land Battles.

1) Lage blocks of colour flash around the screen making it impossible to play. It seems to occur when looking at the opponents armlies and visa versa.
2) The armies don't walk only move as a block.
3) Dead soldiers sometimes freeze upright.

I have tried changing the graphics settings and installing it on an identical PC at home with the same results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/30/2005, 10:16:40
Machine name: FAMILY
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
System Model: Dimension 4600
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz, ~2.3GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 184MB used, 1065MB available

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Dell)
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0181&SUBSYS_01B610DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4403 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 5/2/2003 16:19:00, 3180171 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 5/2/2003 16:19:00, 1312555 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-42C1-11CF-5D62-BC2103C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0181
SubSys ID: 0x01B610DE
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_B ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,UYVY) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{212DC723-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_MedianFiltering
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

HRICH
30th May 2005, 12:29

It happened to me twice this week. When I decided to invade scotland by a french army, I won the battle. Immediately after the summerize of the battle, the IA try to load the map. Then, in a second round, IA try to load a sea battle (? I don't know why) and my screen became simply black. I couldf ear the music and see the mouse icon. But that was all.
When I decided to invade with french troops the country just upper Greece to fight against Austrian Forces, the same thing happened.

Mike_B
30th May 2005, 15:17
I have a couple of grahics problems when playing the Land Battles.

It's probably your graphics card I'm not sure or the MX series are supported by the game but seeing as you're able to run it, you can try updating your drivers to the latest version.

wolfetone
30th May 2005, 20:31
Just a small thing I've noticed... I receive notifications that I'm going to be attacked AFTER the fact. This is every time... not just when I have been attacked on a turn. No big deal, just kinda weird. In many cases, the notifications are coming after one of the belligerants and I have already made peace. ? :)

zizzenet
30th May 2005, 20:57
AI units ALWAYS leave the captured buildings, they always come out. No, this is very stupid thing. My last battle was a cabaret again. The AI captured both buildings on the battlefield. But when i was close to him, all of his units came out from buildings. If AI leave them inside, he wins the battle easily. But he came out, so i won the battle easily. Stop it, please. This is very annoying.

(I posted it to Patch thread, too, it is very important to fix.)

nickyjj_2004
30th May 2005, 21:58
noticed that the enemy stops fight they just stand there while you gun them down
:confused:

Element-UK
31st May 2005, 14:50
No idea why. I have no other problems at all, Just game option gripes.

Element-UK
31st May 2005, 14:52
AI units ALWAYS leave the captured buildings, they always come out. No, this is very stupid thing. My last battle was a cabaret again. The AI captured both buildings on the battlefield. But when i was close to him, all of his units came out from buildings. If AI leave them inside, he wins the battle easily. But he came out, so i won the battle easily. Stop it, please. This is very annoying.

(I posted it to Patch thread, too, it is very important to fix.)

I have found this a GOOD thing on many occasions when I'm blowing the building to bits lol. Seems clever sometimes but it is dumb when there is no arty.

IronChancellor
1st Jun 2005, 02:10
I can not save any games I click on green arrow after typing in a name and nothing happens??? Autosave does not work either.

wagewar
1st Jun 2005, 07:33
Do you have windows xp? The tech support told me it was because I don't have Win Xp!!!

Bob_hoesmith
1st Jun 2005, 10:02
I can get campaign to start but then it crashes. Either freezes everything or just restarts the PC. It's the only game that does this to me, surely IGs' campaign is not more demanding than HL2 or Rome:TW?

Mike_B
1st Jun 2005, 11:04
Do you have windows xp? The tech support told me it was because I don't have Win Xp!!!

It could be, the box says Win ME/98/95 are not supported..

frepper
1st Jun 2005, 20:51
I have a grand problem, a few days ago i received IG and began to play it. Everything was great and i played for about 2 h, then the grafics freaked out, the colors was all wrong so i restarted my computor. As soon as it rebooted i tried again, everything worked for about 30 m, then the same problem. Rebooted again, downloaded the latest drivers for geforce 6800gt, (did already have the latest driver), still the same problem... after 3 or 4 tries, windows suffered the same effects, pretty colors allover the screen, the computor freeze and reboot, soon even the bios, the rebooting screen had this problem... i couldnt do anything... so now my computer is at the repairshop and i dont have anything to do with my spare time !!! Is there anyone with the same problem? have IG killed your computers? couse if they did i think it should be labled with a large red lable saying "May destroy your grafic-card" on the retail box

zizzenet
1st Jun 2005, 20:55
Maybe this is a bug. Please, see this post (and the whole, short thread about it, if you are interested):
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=492292#post492292

vlad84
2nd Jun 2005, 11:34
The only problem i have is on land battles when the troops engage in fighting these weird boxes form over the dead(with weird jaged forms etc..) and when they engage these weird vertical lines and horizontal lines shoot out from the battle.Other than that i have no problems

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/2/2005, 13:29:53
Machine name: X-01UIT2PDX2RVB
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 1 (2600.xpsp1.020828-1920)
Language: Dutch (Regional Setting: Dutch)
System Model: Dimension 4600i
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz, ~2.7GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 194MB used, 1055MB available

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (Dell)
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0181&SUBSYS_01B610DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug en Play-monitor
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4403 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 5/2/2003 15:19:00, 3180171 bytes

"michael"
2nd Jun 2005, 13:37
Hi all,

I have just purchased the game and have been playing it, not to mention thoroughly enjoying it, great game:)

I have however encountered a problem, I was playing the campagin and started a land battle when my computer restarts. Then a microsoft error repor appears and tells me a "log Off' error has been created, can any on help?

I experienced this with the first avaliable battle in the demo, the only link i see is that bothe the stages had bridges.

thanks for the help.

RSMHarper
2nd Jun 2005, 23:17
I have noticed that during the naval battles sometimes my ships will just dissapear. They did not sail off the edge of the map because they were all in the center of the screen attacking the enemy, but they just disappeared. I got a message saying one of my ships has left the battle. Then got the same error again. all tol I lost about 3-4 ships from the battle that way. Only happens once in a while and only during large engagements. Really odd. :confused:

Captain.Crunch
2nd Jun 2005, 23:38
I have noticed that during the naval battles sometimes my ships will just dissapear. They did not sail off the edge of the map because they were all in the center of the screen attacking the enemy, but they just disappeared. I got a message saying one of my ships has left the battle. Then got the same error again. all tol I lost about 3-4 ships from the battle that way. Only happens once in a while and only during large engagements. Really odd. :confused:

:eek: now that would be annoying! is it possible that you could loose a battle through this bug?

RSMHarper
3rd Jun 2005, 00:19
:eek: now that would be annoying! is it possible that you could loose a battle through this bug?

I did lose one battle like this because I lost 3 ships in like 2 seconds. I was destroyed by the enemy after that. Fortuanately this was a quick battle and not a campaign battle.

Viriato
4th Jun 2005, 06:34
I've a Pentium IV, (1.4), 384 RAM and a Ge Force 2 (yes, I know it's under minimum...) but I've played the demo perfectly. When I tried to play the whole game, I've to reduce the quality of images, screen, etc to avoid crashes. It works. But I've a problem in the lands batles: I can't move the camera, and when I push up, down, left and right, nothing changes. It doesn't happen neither in naval battle, nor in tutorial land batle..

Any Idea (thanks...)

moussorgsky
4th Jun 2005, 07:46
Many of the images in the interface are distorted beyond recognition. This occurs intermittently and seems to affect different screens at different times, although only while playing a campaign. All battles seem to work perfectly, it is only in the campaign map, the quest, diplomacy, and research screens, as well as the images of the units. Most of the text seems unaffected, except that the images make deciphering it impossible. I have tried (nearly) every setting the game will support and have tried the latest ATI drivers, as well as rolling them back. All other games work perfectly.

Radeon 9600 - ATI Catalyst 5.5 driver (6.14.10.6546)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1 Gig DDR
Windows XP Service Pack 2

KRIS der Wahre
4th Jun 2005, 20:15
When i want to start the game, i get only for 2 sec a Cursor with "Working"-sign. Thats all. THE GAME DOESNT START. And i changed a lot on the computer, bought 2 different soundcards, changed all drivers, spended maybe 40€ for the support and got now a computer, which has much more quality than the needed minimum. And ..... THE GAME DOESNT START ANYWAY.
Thats bad work, bad support and bad image for Pyro and EIDOS.

thank you a lot.. I wont forget it.

:p

My System:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-6590
BIOS: Version 07.00T
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Page File: 441MB used, 3557MB available

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Network Tab: The registry information for the DirectPlay application 'Panzer General 3' is missing or damaged. You should reinstall that application.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: HIGHTECH EXCALIBUR RADEON 9600
Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_200F17AF&REV_00
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (85Hz)
Monitor: Plug und Play-Monitor
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6546 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 5/4/2005 04:28:54, 226816 bytes
VDD: Nicht zutreffend
Mini VDD Date: 5/4/2005 04:28:34, 1133056 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0210-11CF-8D6D-0500A1C2CB35}
Device ID: 0x4150
SubSys ID: 0x200F17AF
Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D
Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
{552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
{335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch

-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [E800]
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0004&SUBSYS_20021102&REV_04
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0444 (English)
Date and Size: 10/18/2004 15:21:24, 371376 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Creative
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Voice Management: Yes
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes

---------------------
Sound Capture Devices
---------------------
Description: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [E800]
Default Sound Capture: Yes
Default Voice Capture: Yes
Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0444 (English)
Date and Size: 10/18/2004 15:21:24, 371376 bytes
Cap Flags: 0x0
Format Flags: 0x0

(type name here)
4th Jun 2005, 22:37
http://img215.echo.cx/img215/2392/thexformation7ot.th.jpg (http://img215.echo.cx/my.php?image=thexformation7ot.jpg)

Frans1986
5th Jun 2005, 09:01
Many of the images in the interface are distorted beyond recognition. This occurs intermittently and seems to affect different screens at different times, although only while playing a campaign. All battles seem to work perfectly, it is only in the campaign map, the quest, diplomacy, and research screens, as well as the images of the units. Most of the text seems unaffected, except that the images make deciphering it impossible. I have tried (nearly) every setting the game will support and have tried the latest ATI drivers, as well as rolling them back. All other games work perfectly.

Radeon 9600 - ATI Catalyst 5.5 driver (6.14.10.6546)
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
1 Gig DDR
Windows XP Service Pack 2

I have exactly the same problem as you have. A temporary solution is to hit ALT+TAB (to your desktop) and then ALT+TAB again, the pictures will stay OK for a short period of time (then you can hit ALT+TAB again). I hope someone else knows how to fix this problem, because it’s very irritating.

zizzenet
5th Jun 2005, 11:32
Maybe this is a bug. Please, see this post (and the whole, short thread about it, if you are interested):
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=492292#post492292

So, i'm not alone with this problem. I found in an other forum a guy who experienced a totally similar issue in the game. So, in my opinion, this must be an extreme bug. Needs a fix.

sndwav
5th Jun 2005, 19:41
It seems to randomly go to a blue screen and crash back to startup. One time it was during the written intro and flyby in Egypt, and the other was during gameplay, but before my units had engaged, again in Egypt.
These are the only times I have played on this pc. again, the screen just turned completely blue and then my pc restarted.

I have an athlon 64 3200 with 1 Ghz ram, a Radeon 800XL and an Asus A8V-E Deluxe motherboard.

OmegaMerc
5th Jun 2005, 20:15
o Firing cannons into any time of trees that the enemy can hide in = the tree branches absorb all the hits if the enemy is hiding in them.

o Also the AI exits buildings and engages you if you start getting near them in a battle even though they would have tactical advantage; why would anyone do that?

o The AI rarely builds any buildings to improve relations in any terrirtory, and never takes over anything peacefully.

o If im at war with more then one nation, and one of those nations I have nothing to do with (ie triggered by an alliance) that nation eventually will pay me upwards of 10-20k to "end the war".

o Research feels very slow; I owned half the entire world map and was able to finish the game while reaching 25% of tech research in era 2. Yet it takes about half a year to a full year for simple researches to get done.

o Also relevant to controling half the map, my gold intake was very weak! I had 30k raw materials, 25k population and 30k food yet I had no money and was producing 1,500gold per turn (this is as russia anexing top of the map, egypt, poland, austria, otoman empire, creating lv2 routes, having era 2 buildings and controling 4~ nations in the center of the map).

o Althought you can "Take various diff paths" in research you need to research 95% of the tree to get to the next era.

o Playing in the world map, I always get money from friendly nations asking for rights of passage; the thing is they have nowhere to go in my lands for a tactical advantage or otherwise.

o In MP, the maps are extremly large; so when you have that 25minute countdown timer it really sucks, first off because your opponent can run around the entire map and you would have to chase him all over, since stamina is very small you would be walking and looking for him endlessly (specially if theyre in trees)

o Sea battles are SO SO SO frustrating :mad: , manuvering diff vessels that sail off the map or even commanding more then one unit with no sense of direction gets you lost extremely fast. If your cunning enough, you can ram an enemy ship off the map and win the battle like that.

o Howtizers have 120m range while 12pnd have 143m range; this causes the problem that you can never advanced without getting hammered on an enemy thats barricaded, even bum rushing them fails miserably. Basically what Im saying is that if your in a defensive position your not gonna lose(MP wise, the AI isnt all that bright).

o The game camera "freezes" and I am unable to move it from time to time during a battle, I found out that sometimes clicking a bunch of units and moving the camera up and down 'unsticks' it.

o Sometimes for whatever reason your units literaly stop on their tracks and a minute or two later continue to move, if you re-order the move issue they'll keep going; this is extremely frustrating when it happens when crossing bridges.

Webrider
5th Jun 2005, 21:16
combat....

units in a line 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 first time I move them forward its ok they hold formation.... If they don't reach their destination.. and i try .. with them still selected to move the formation further out... they criss cross.

1 goes to 5... 5 to 1 2 to 4 .. 4 to 2 3 keeps moving forward while the rest to a wheel and move...... this dosent always happen but it does happen alot..... say 40% ...

I have not seen this happen when I let my units get to their destinations before giving them a new destination.

Element-UK
6th Jun 2005, 00:22
Just finished a large battle in Venice. 4 commanders vs 3. Won the battle and it just hung with the music still going as if it was awaiting calculations, black screen. 1st exp of any bug. 3rd campaign.

chiefming
8th Jun 2005, 11:04
o The game camera "freezes" and I am unable to move it from time to time during a battle, I found out that sometimes clicking a bunch of units and moving the camera up and down 'unsticks' it.

Been witnessing a problem with my own troops. The camera refuses to move with cursor keys or by moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. I managed to win a battle only by clicking on the unit ant then using the mini map to select the area they were needed to go and then clicking on the ground to get them to march there. Is this the same problem that you got- if not any ideas how to rectify it. Another thing - when I make a defensive alliance no one ever comes to help- is this a glitch or is it that they can not be bothered to help?

chiefming
8th Jun 2005, 21:01
Ok! This is definitely a problem!!!
I can’t move the camera any where - the enemy comes to attack and I can only move in straight lines!! - This looks like a great game but the glitches are driving me nuts! In a sea battles when I go 1 on 2, I do some tactical maneuvering get some fire started on their ships! A voice comes in and says I’m losing the battle!!?? Yea right! and in an instant my ship sinks without a scratch! Ok then we go back to the map screen and my ship is fine! lo and behold after I'm back fighting the same ships and again I sink, but on the map with a little more damage than before- please please please sort this out - deleted silent hunter 3 so I could play this one but there are so many problems!! How come the rabble can beat my troop of highly trained soldiers!?
:mad:

Viriato
9th Jun 2005, 02:09
When i finished battles in campaign mode, the game crashes. (Run time error). It doesn't happen in custom battles or when I automatically solve the battle.

I've a Pentium IV, (1.4), 384 RAM and a Ge Force 2 . Is that a problem with the video card or is there any other bug?

eugenemcardle
9th Jun 2005, 03:40
[QUOTE=

[/QUOTE]
There is a tool at www.driverheaven.net/patje that fixes that up. I ave a Toshiba laptop and am now able to run the latest catalysts from guru3d.
Set a restore point just in case, but I had no problems
Eugene :thumbsup:

Terui
9th Jun 2005, 14:41
I've seen other people report seemingly similar problems as mine, but I've got a pic so you can see for yourselves - its a .bmp, I'm afraid. (http://img124.echo.cx/my.php?image=toto21ly.png) Imagine that and similar (straight lines, colours... Once, I thought I'd caught a pic of some purple text in a hand-writing font going diagonally, but it didn't come out, unfortunately) things flashing at epileptic fit-inducing rates and you should be able to imagine why I can't play the game. I've tried fiddling with the graphics options to no avail. Everything else that I've seen appears to work fine, and I'm having no problems with any other programs.

Got any ideas?

Element-UK
9th Jun 2005, 14:48
Take 3 turns when it should be 2.

Terui
9th Jun 2005, 16:03
Another thing that I forgot to add, I've played the demo without any hassle of this sort whatsoever, which I imagine would suggest its not a hardware problem of mine.

Terui
11th Jun 2005, 11:31
Does noone have any suggestions? I've been pm'd by someone whos had the same problem and its apparently killed his pc outright. If thats what this game does, its appalling that its been released. I'm going to have to get a refund and not take "no" as an answer over it, at this rate...

Mike_B
12th Jun 2005, 09:01
The only thing I can suggest is try newer drivers.

Got a little bug myself too, dunno or anyone else encountered it:

I have a colonel and a captain in a province, now Colonels are supposed to hold 4 troops though when I drag the remaining troops from my Captain to the colonel it doesn't work :confused:

Dezel
13th Jun 2005, 13:47
Hi everyone,
Just bought Imperial Glory, havent been able to play it yet as when I load the game the screen goes black followed by a grey bar that gets brighter, then the loading screen then the computer re-boots.... im not much of a computer wizz so could be missing a basic fix here... can anyone help please..

(Athlon 3000, 1gig ram, Nvidia 5200, winxp) ... :confused:

I got the exact same problem´....I could really need some help here :o
:confused:

PorT_Lobo
14th Jun 2005, 03:37
Game Bug:

In London when attacking with artillary we can kill the deffenders without they fight, and when they all die, AI call more companys to take they're place.... so player can kill all opposition except the ones who stay inside castle.

Game Exploits:

- Give 15% favour for all map when player free a capital and no occupy it, it's to much, with that and in medium/later game is easy to get 100% in several country and anexate. After the 8 rounds for save passage you can go there and occupy the country you previously free without problems.

- Naval battles in autoresolve are to unfair and benefict player..... 2 sloops vs 1, always sink the one alone and the players only stay with 9+% condition (almost dont get damage)!

jthompson63
16th Jun 2005, 04:11
I have a positive food income versus outgoing but the food total is stuck on 626 every turn. Very disappointing. I basically have to abandon the game I'm playing.

mongoose8
16th Jun 2005, 17:30
" I could just blow up all of the other countries rather than being diplomatic but I am not an american."[/QUOTE]
whoa whoa whoa there, frenchie

shadowslayer826
16th Jun 2005, 20:00
Ok i got 3d-analyzes so it works sometime but almost every time i start the game right when its loading it just freezes... it doesnt even go to the games loading screen it just freezes on my desktop and i cant do anything but reboot my computer manualy(turn off the power) how do i stop it from freezeing? email me if u got an answer ShadowSlayer826@hotmail.com

Mike_B
17th Jun 2005, 08:46
A fix made by Pyro/Eidos themselves is currently in testing it could be released very soon so you won't have to use 3Danalyze anymore.

zizzenet
17th Jun 2005, 09:25
A fix made by Pyro/Eidos themselves is currently in testing it could be released very soon so you won't have to use 3Danalyze anymore.

Is it the first patch, or is it "only" a fix to this problem? ;)

Mike_B
17th Jun 2005, 12:57
It's "only" a fix for that problem. But they're were working on a patch as well.

Dezel
20th Jun 2005, 15:53

Do you now if this patch also helps people like myself who cant even get the game startet ? -or would it only help does with intel ?

I got a´ Gainward Geforce fx 5600 Nvidida, an my game crashes every time I try to start it :(

Mike_B
21st Jun 2005, 17:49
Dunno of this qualifies as a bug but I was occupying England and they came to defend it with their army naturly but I could just bomb the enemy to pieces without them doing anything. His army consisted of militia and lancers though there was line infantry in the tower and a unit of lancers next to it. It was fun to watch it but well, not really fair I thought :)

Here's a screen (http://home.scarlet.be/~turkyen5/igbug.jpg)

Nial
21st Jun 2005, 18:29
I see your on a hill. I have noticed this in my own battles. If your arty is on a hill? The AI seems to percieve that it is not in range, and so doesn't react to your fire. That is the only conclusion I can come up with to explain the AI not reacting like normal to your fire. Just a thought. Also it seems that the AI troops must be in a defensive stagnant position as well.

sick
23rd Jun 2005, 10:56
Don't know about the full version, but in the preview build there were "dead" spots on the management map. I found them when trying to select some provinces in Russia (click in the top right corner of the map) but couldn't select them unless moving the cursor further to the left. Also some places near the edges of the interface have these dead spots.
Can't test it in the full game, because I still haven't found time to fix my pc. School... argh!

Element-UK
23rd Jun 2005, 12:08
Andalusia province's Port is not owned by the owner of the same province when conquered. IE As French I have conqeured Spain / Portugal (all Blue) but the Port of Carthegena is still owned by The British who have Morocco being it's closest.

Mister Nock
23rd Jun 2005, 13:20
I don't know if someone's already reported this, but in naval battles, I keep getting "Your ship has left the map" when I'm nowhere near the edge. Then contrastingly, when I send a ship right to the edge on purpose it takes a good few minutes before it disapears.

This is very annoying when I'm about to win and then my ship dissapears when the enemy's ship is closer to the edge. :confused:

Infact, think think the whole "edge of the map" idea is stupid anyway, as the fight always seems to end up at an edge because of the wind. :(

What I think would be better (idea for a patch) is if you only disapear if you are not engaged with another ship, ie. a certain distance away from any enemies.

Colmanian
24th Jun 2005, 20:27
when I go into the save game menu, type in a name for the game and click the green tick, nothing happens. it just pops in and out. the autosave doesnt autosave either, and if u turn that off, u still cant manually save games. theres plenty of space on the computer, and all the specs are met, so i dunno why it could be. :confused:

Please can some genius help me because i've payed for this game like everyone else but i cant enjoy the game because of this bug. :cool:

Thanks

unclue_bob
25th Jun 2005, 23:01
Please post all bugs you've found in the full game in this thread. This will give Pyro a good overview of the found bugs, and allows them to make a patch asap, without having to do unnecessary diggin' work.

Please don't post something just like "the game crashed" but also if this crash was bound to a certain action in the game (f.e. charging enemy Horse Artillery with your Hussars, just to name something.)

Thanks!

The Game mostly crashes whenever I view the Research Tree page and the Diplomacy pages, the screen would freeze and then go blank, then the pc would reboot. This happens all the time. I am running on an AMD Athlon XP 2.8 GHZ with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro card, I don't have any problems running other games, just imperial glory. Sometimes the display would go all fuzzy and I am not able to read any text clearly in the game

Mike_B
1st Jul 2005, 14:26
Came across a rather strange bug today, I transported some colonels with a ship and when I disembarked them they were promoted to generals. It's a rather useful bug though :p

Stromprophet
2nd Jul 2005, 15:13
I had two questions.

One bug I have encountered and have not yet finished the tutorial.

In the land battles, I am seeing weird things. For instance when I move around the field, giant sections of what appear to be rifts in the map appear and dissappear. They are mostly triangular but they look hideous of course, and block the view of the battle.

My comp is up to stats, I don't understand why it would do that. It usually happens when I am moving around (with the camera), or if the computer moves.

My other question; not really related, but gameshadow that comes with it, having trouble loging onto the server, always tells me it fails and says retry, ignore, check your internet connection (not a problem). Don't know if anyone else has experienced that.

Mike_B
2nd Jul 2005, 15:39
I had two questions.

One bug I have encountered and have not yet finished the tutorial.

In the land battles, I am seeing weird things. For instance when I move around the field, giant sections of what appear to be rifts in the map appear and dissappear. They are mostly triangular but they look hideous of course, and block the view of the battle.

My comp is up to stats, I don't understand why it would do that. It usually happens when I am moving around (with the camera), or if the computer moves.

Try some other (newer) drivers.

Stromprophet
2nd Jul 2005, 17:56
Newer Drivers for.....?

My video card? Or something else.

I was just playing it and that's just weird, giant sections of the screen disappearing, ect.

My comp already meets the recommended requirements, 512MB, 128MB Video Card (Nvidia), and 2.6 Ghz. Also I noted when moving around the strategy map that it is laggy. Is there anything that can be done in the display settings like putting it on lower levels that would correct this?

Mike_B
2nd Jul 2005, 18:39
Yeah video drivers.

You can turn the detail of some sections from hight to medium, see if that makes a difference for the lagging.

ViejoRoble
2nd Jul 2005, 19:54
The screen turns completely black in campaing mode when i play arround 5 minutes.

This issue forces me to turn off my computer because it freeze completely.

this happend when im recruiting soldiers or when im using technology window or when i have finished the turn, as well the same problem happend in diplomacy window and in a territory invasion sometimes.

I have AMD Athlon with 2000 mhz, 1.5 gb of ram, Gforce 4 titanium 4600, with the last drivers, using dirctx 9.0c in Windows 2000 SP4.

CanvasBack
3rd Jul 2005, 00:25
Below is part of the initial error message that I get during game play. The crash invariably prompts a send error message to M$ but clicking on this option results in a complete system crash. Can't figure out why the game totally crashes my syetem when I click send error report, but I hate crashing my system so I took this down by hand.

ImperialGlory.exe

Error Signature

AppName: imperialglory.exe AppVer 0.0.00 Modname nfdll.dll

Modver 5.1.26000.2180 offset 00010e86

Here's some system specs to throw out there too...

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/1/2005, 20:23:56
Machine name: TD-A11F08C3F7D9
System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 234MB used, 1783MB available
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: RADEON 9800 PRO
Chip type: RADEON 9800 PRO AGP (0x4E48)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4E48&SUBSYS_00021002&REV_00
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6546 (English)
Driver Date/Size: 5/3/2005 19:28:54, 226816 bytes
Mini VDD Date: 5/3/2005 19:28:34, 1133056 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0D08-11CF-206A-0820A1C2CB35}
Device ID: 0x4E48
SubSys ID: 0x00021002
Video Accel:
Deinterlace Caps: n/a
AGP Status: Not Available

Hope somebody out there can help!!!

Stromprophet
3rd Jul 2005, 00:49
I was wondering where you find out all that info, I know most of my sys specs, but is there a place in windows I can just go and they have all that listed?

I turned down the graphics, that helped with lag.

As far as these giant polygons that appear, they are not going away. I hate this, I have all the required, and even recommended specs. a 128 MB, Nvidia GeForce should be more than enough to handle a game like this, I aint playin Doom 3 here.

These are triangles, coming out of the ground, giant purple triangles, they engulf the whole screen during any land combat. It's not the whole time, but just moving around and crap.

Oh well, thanx for the info.

Stromprophet
9th Jul 2005, 17:32
K, this is the third game I have bought from these guys. Starting with Warrior Kings, and War and Peace. those games were ok.

There is no reason if I can play games like LOTR: War of The Ring in perfect fashion at the highest detail settings without my comp so much as whining that this game should cause this many issues.

I have a NVIDIA GeFORCE4 MX 440 with AGP8X, is there any issue with this particular video card? I believe it is 128MB if I am not mistaken.

I am on the verge of taking this game back, think I'm gonna get Gary Grigsby's World at War. Anyway, I gonna try to update my drivers but nothing seems to be helping the game starts to get laggy in the main screen after only playing for 2 or 3 hours. Any help would be welcome, thanks in advance.

Knighty_UK
9th Jul 2005, 18:09
Hello everyone,

I hope you can helo me with this very annoyign problem i seem to have. My game runs fine, land battles and sea battles all work great. But every now and then the game crashes and i get the message that its a run time error, abnormal program termination :confused: . If anyone could help with a solution i will be greatful! Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Celron CPU 2.50GHz
Memory: 512MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440-SE 64Mb (Which is teh minimum requirment of the game)
My graphics drivers are also all up to date! Please help!!!

Thanks

Phillippe
9th Jul 2005, 23:06
Well, I'm running Imperial Glory off a 32mb graphics card so i doubt thats a key issue, and since its updated, can kinda count it cool.

Have you noticed a trend in how it crashes, anything similar in each type? This could help identify the reasons.

Run-Time Errors are pretty annoying and can mean a whole host of things, however is there any information given with the Error Message, maybe tell us this as well?

It could be something unrelated to IG, but that it just activates it, or it may be a fault of the game on your Processor/OS/Graphics Card. Try to locate a trend first.

Mike_B
10th Jul 2005, 10:00
I have a NVIDIA GeFORCE4 MX 440 with AGP8X, is there any issue with this particular video card?

There's a load wrong with it. Basicly it's just an overclocked Geforce 2 but is advertised by the nice folks at nvidia as being a good cheap gaming card despite the fact that it misses several functions the normal Geforce 4 series has.

Cappadocian
10th Jul 2005, 10:14
I am currently stuck in my campaign because I finished all the research and I can only go into the research tree menu but cannot get out anymore.

The accept button is grayed out and I cannot do anything to get it active since all the research is done.

I must say that this is a really huge bug since it pretty much ends your campaign. :confused: :mad:

Mike_B
10th Jul 2005, 12:43
Wouldn't really call that a bug, it's just the end of the research tree, you reached the point where you researched everything. You can still trade research points for money though.

Hogan
10th Jul 2005, 17:05
I am experiencing big difficulties which I think (and hope) are to do with my disk.

OK, firstly when I insert the disk no pop-up window comes up. Unusual.... but I thought it must just be this game.

When I try and play through My Computer > D/E Drive.... it freezes. It also DOESN'T say "Imperial Glory" on the drive or show any icon.

When I went via Start > Run > D:/setup, it started up fine, started installing, got about a third of the way in.... then cut to a blue screen giving me a major error message. When I restarted the comp (as I had to) it said Windows had just suffered an error.

So I tried again. This time it cut out to the blue screen after I selected "English". Restart; try again. This time it cut out at "Run", before I even selected Imp Glory! Tried again. After that it just froze every time I selected D:/setup, or E:/setup, or anything else like that. Every other game works finel everything else works fine, we meet and more than meet all the requirements....

I am at my wit's end here! I'm going to go in tomorrow and exchange it for another copy but has anyone else had similar problems?

PS: The game actually causes these errors while the DISK is in my drive. If I haven't even tried to start it the error can suddenly pop up. It ONLY happens when the game is in.

Cappadocian
10th Jul 2005, 18:02
Wouldn't really call that a bug, it's just the end of the research tree, you reached the point where you researched everything. You can still trade research points for money though.

I do call it a bug since I CANNOT click on the OK button because it's grayed out.
So in other words I am STUCK in the research tree window and cannot proceed with the game.

Unless you think that looking at the tech tree for hours is actually playing the game.

noctambulist
10th Jul 2005, 18:38
I just installed the game, and I pressed play but I get the same message "application can't be initialized." What might be the reason?

Stromprophet
10th Jul 2005, 18:59
There's a load wrong with it. Basicly it's just an overclocked Geforce 2 but is advertised by the nice folks at nvidia as being a good cheap gaming card despite the fact that it misses several functions the normal Geforce 4 series has.

Anything I can do about this, other than get another video card?

BTW, I'm thinking of updating my ram and vid card. Any suggestiosn from anyone would be helpful.

I don't know much about it other than there should be slots in my computer I just plug them in and configure them after I start up the computer. I was wondering I have 512MB RAM, to go to say 1024, do I just buy another 512 and put that in the appropriate slot.

Anyone recommend a good solid video card? I know this isn't necessarily bug discussion sorry about that. Arghhhhhhh! People with 64 and 32 MB cards are having less issues? Gawd.

Other than this issue every thing seems fine. I've never had it crash on me. It starts to slow after about 3 hours of playing any reason for that? Maybe to many accumulate CPU cycles or something? It gets slow enough that it will lock up and then I have to restart.

Stromprophet
10th Jul 2005, 19:01
I just installed the game, and I pressed play but I get the same message "application can't be initialized." What might be the reason?

You might check the intel fix thing on the forum. It's stickied up at the top, says something about game can't be initialized.

Dezel
12th Jul 2005, 17:25
Do anyone know if a patch is coming to fix the problem that many gamers have with the game crashes at start ?! (NOT the intel problem)

waylander
14th Jul 2005, 09:21
I am just on the verge of completing a Great Britain campaign when I notice that I am running out of money, when I check to see how much money is coming in there is only 159 coming in from internal commerce since I am on the 3rd era on the tech tree and should have 100% internal commerce this seems like a tiny tiny bug which is stopping my dreams of conquering the world. Only thing i have noticed thats wrong with my copy. (just to clarify I control most of Europe so the amount should be a lot higher)

KeithP
15th Jul 2005, 21:50
Hello all, first post for me.
After looking through all the problems with the game, not relating to bugs actually with the game play itself, I went and bought the game (never learns)and experienced many of the symtoms already mentioned. I've got an amd64 3.4 on WinXP pro sp2 + all the updates, directx9c, radion 9800se and MSI Mobo. I use the integated sound on the mobo, good card is in the media centre. I started off ripping out the ati drivers 5.6, going back to 5.1 updating all the way through back up to 5.6 again, no joy. Re-installing the game inbetween each driver install. Oh also installed xp64 with ati's drivers and still had the same problem.

I was 'only' running 768mb of pc2700 ram tho. I had lockups, crashes etc even a reboot and bsod.

I then went and installed the Omega drivers for ati cards which comes with a utility that monitors whats going on. I 'played' the game for a couple of mins and then quit and looked at the util. It showed that the processor and memory were maxing out every 5 to 6 seconds, corresponding with the lockups. Solution, so simple, upped the ram to 1gb. Problem solved. Not withstanding the bugs that may exist regarding gameplay it now runs smoothly with everything turned up and with firewall, av and antispyW running.

The specs on the box just do not tell the truth. I'd like to know if anyone has this running ok on the minimum specs as stated on the box. err 256mb of ram! oh yea.

I reckon its a case of not being tested properly before release.

Having said that would you release a game that says minimum ram must be 1GB.

Just my tuppence worth.

Initial reactions to the game now after nearly returning it...Superb!

Wilden
15th Jul 2005, 21:59
I am just on the verge of completing a Great Britain campaign when I notice that I am running out of money, when I check to see how much money is coming in there is only 159 coming in from internal commerce since I am on the 3rd era on the tech tree and should have 100% internal commerce this seems like a tiny tiny bug which is stopping my dreams of conquering the world. Only thing i have noticed thats wrong with my copy. (just to clarify I control most of Europe so the amount should be a lot higher)

i found that you can get the AI to pay you about 40k at a time to join you in an alliance, weird i know. They pay me 40k to be in an allaince with me, so i buy a piece of land off them, then when the allaince runs out it starts over. Weird, no?

Sir Crow
16th Jul 2005, 16:57
My friend has only 256 mb of RAM and we managed to have a direct Multiplay game with each other. He lives in the US and me in the UK and we experienced no lag at all, and I won, lol. Saying that though he has started to get some lag with SP but this might be due to fragmentation and a general clean up.

waylander
17th Jul 2005, 15:19
no its wierd its just that they recognise your military genius, however at ne point i was making alots of money from internal commerce and then there was none. I just think it shows a major issue, as stated by some dead Roman dude Gold is the sinews of war. (could have been cicero not sure without turning on RTW)

cheers

Wiltshire Tony
19th Jul 2005, 07:55
Created army group in Castille, Spain led by Colonel. Consists of two Spanish Bandit types (best infantry), one horse and one artillery.

Gave them all a slap up supper then shipped them off to Morocco.

Upon landing in Morocco my Bandit types converted themselves to Line Infantry!!!

Not very useful, anyone else had this happen?

Mike_B
19th Jul 2005, 09:20
I moved this to the bug thread. I had something similair, where my colonels became Generals when I shipped them.

Silent_Scope
21st Jul 2005, 17:03
I cannot play online, when I come to the main screen for the game it says connection lost. Aol does not let me log in here, and my IE explorer is playing up so i cannot look up any other people who have this problem.

monkeytart
22nd Jul 2005, 09:26
I cannot play online, when I come to the main screen for the game it says connection lost. Aol does not let me log in here, and my IE explorer is playing up so i cannot look up any other people who have this problem.
at least u went further from me! i couldn't even play multiplayer! :mad:

Cassus_Belli
26th Jul 2005, 23:52
Hi, I'm both new to this forum and to the game.
Very impressive game (when it plays properly on my machine).

I have an older PC with a celeron 1.3 Ghz, 1gig PC133Ram, Radeon 9550 graphics card w/256mb, SB Live! Value card, running WinXp w/SP2, DirectX 9.0c, and current graphics/audio drivers.

I'm playing with all of the games default settings.
The game plays beautifully, then, after a while, the audio either fades or turns into an irritating cacophony of noise. Once this occurs I save, then attempt to exit the game for a restart. However, once I okay the exit, the mouse and keyboard lock up and I am forced to manually restart my PC. When I restart the game and try to recover my last save, it isn't there. I must then begin from the most recent save listed. This appears to occur randomly (on the strategic screen), and I'm able to advance through several seasons and additional saves before it reoccurs, which it inevitably does.
However, I've discovered that when I have more than one battle between saves on the tactical screen, the problem appears to repeat itself more consistently.
I.E. I'm playing as Russia. Early on I declare war on the Ottoman Empire. I have a mano-on-mano (sloop vs sloop) naval battle. I sink the Turk sloop. I am able to save and continue, Okay. Next, I invade Turkey with a small expeditionary force. I defeat their first army. Then their reinforcing army attacks, I am winning and can defeat them, but near the end of the battle the same audio curruption occurs. I turn off the speaker, finish the battle. Attempt to save the game in the same fashion as described above on the strategic map. Same problem. Lockup, manual restart, and my previous victorious (land battle) save is nowhere to be found. Everytime I refight this battle the problem reoccurs.
Any suggestions as to what causes this problem and how to fix it?
Thanks for any help/directions.

Wiltshire Tony
28th Jul 2005, 23:58
The only problem I am getting has been described earlier by someone else so it is definately a bug.
When playing a campaign I might be over half way through and fighting loads of land battles when after a battle the result sreen should come up but instead I get the naval battle load screen then a black screen with only the cursor showing. Have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to get out.
Please fix this. It's a PITA!

Col. Slater
29th Jul 2005, 20:00
I like playing prussia, mainly because it plants me between Russia, Austria and the advancing French. So generally after a few years my Prussian army is made up of nothing but hardend veterns and seasoned commanders. All this is great but I cannot restore they're loses and I hate not being able to tidy up my armies. I can repair damaged ships in the harbor but I cannot restore my Land forces at the barracks. Why wont the restore button work!

The Colonel

monkeytart
30th Jul 2005, 04:20
I like playing prussia, mainly because it plants me between Russia, Austria and the advancing French. So generally after a few years my Prussian army is made up of nothing but hardend veterns and seasoned commanders. All this is great but I cannot restore they're loses and I hate not being able to tidy up my armies. I can repair damaged ships in the harbor but I cannot restore my Land forces at the barracks. Why wont the restore button work!

The Colonel
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN.................this question has been asked like fifty times or sooooooooooooooo..........

simply built a military hospital! but in order to built it, you need to choose an autocracy government and research the nessesery things.............

Col. Slater
30th Jul 2005, 04:28
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN.................this question has been asked like fifty times or sooooooooooooooo..........

simply built a military hospital! but in order to built it, you need to choose an autocracy government and research the nessesery things.............

Thats all fine and dandy but remember this game is somewhat still fresh and not all of the players pick up and start at the same time. Thanks for answering my question but be prepared for it to be asked another fifty times. Also, we "Total War" players will have diffuiculty adjusting to the different restore method.

Thanks again

The Colonel

"No damn chicken for you either!"

sick
30th Jul 2005, 13:44
You could have checked the FAQ first. :)

swordhorder
1st Aug 2005, 20:27
hi
my bug is that during sea battles and sometimes on the overview map the game will exit ang go to the desktop, with no error message or anything!! or the computer will restart for no reason!! i know its not my pc as it is a brand new top of the range machine.

Mike_B
2nd Aug 2005, 09:45
Update the drivers of your graphic card.

swordhorder
2nd Aug 2005, 12:44
Update the drivers of your graphic card.

Have done, running Catalyst control Center 5.7 along with the latest drivers from ATI. Having similar problem with other games, am assuming that it's a direct X problem, seeing as Windows is patched to oblivioin, and back.

Acre
4th Aug 2005, 10:29
Hi all

I bougth this game a few days ago and i tried two days to play on line and i can't play.

I connect to GS, host a game, someone join and i launch the game, then the opponent never connect to my game and we can't play. I think that i can't host and i try to join another games, i never connect.

The game in SP runs well but i can't play in MP and i bought the game to play in MP.

Well, after two days doing this, i try to play using IP address in the Mp menu of game and i can't do it.

In conclussion I can't play in MP and a lot of spanish people can't do it.

WHY WE CAN'T PLAY???

I got the IP version 1.1 and AMD 64 3200 2.3 GHz 1024 Ram, ATI 9600 xt 256 and 1 mb/300 conection to Internet by modem sagem USB, and Mc Afee Firewall ( i switched out and don't run, i open the 6601 port and i can't play)

What can we do?

theenglishdude
4th Aug 2005, 10:58
sry but this isnt an answer to your problem but alot here in england cant play at all! :( not good :(

Acre
4th Aug 2005, 23:22
I finally do it and now i can play on line with normality, all was the conflict between 1.0 and 1.1 version

bye all

Wiltshire Tony
8th Aug 2005, 12:47
Further to my earlier posting re:black screen after winning battle, I can add the following information. it only happens after winning a battle in Provence, France. So to recap then, You win battle, the results screen load bar fills but when loaded you dont get the result page, you get the Navy battle load-up screen which then fills and changes to the black screen with cursor.

I can send you a save game, prior to this happening,for you to try, if your bothered.

cueshot
19th Aug 2005, 01:44
I've been playing Imperial Glory for a few weeks now. I think it's a wonderful game, but I have found a few bugs, as might be expected from a .0 version of any software. Or at least they appear to be bugs to me. I have installed the v1.1 patch, but none of these issues were resolved by it. They are as follows:

1. The game seems to get confused on where the cursor is sometimes. Sometimes when I grab a ship or commander and drag the cursor across the screen, the screen starts scrolling before the cursor gets close to the edge of the screen.

2. Trading troops between commanders can be difficult when there is only one slot available for the destination commander. For example, Commander A is a Colonel and has 4 units, Commander B is also a Colonel and has 3 units, i.e. one slot available. Both Commanders are in their own country and in the same province. I drag Commander A on top of Commander B and get, what I'll refer to here as, the Unit Trade window. When I try to drag a unit from Commander A to the empty slot under Commander B, it will not move to Commander B. It snaps back to Commander A as if I'm not allowed to move it. One time when I was having this problem, I was able to finally get it to move by placing the unit one block to the right, as if I was trying to put in one of the darkened, unavailable slots. This would seem to be a problem possibly related to cursor position. All the other times this has happened, however, it doesn't matter where I let go of the unit, whether it's in the available slot, to the left, to the right, above or below the available slot, it won't move. Then later, when I try it again with the same two commanders, it works fine by dropping the unit in the available slot as you would expect. It almost seems as if sometimes the game misidentifies the commander level, i.e. Captain, Colonel, etc, at this point and thinks there are no available slots, even though there are. I have seen this happen only when there is only one slot available. I've never had the problem at all when there is more than one slot available.

3. In the Diplomacy screen, when I'm trying to set up a Commercial Offer, I notice that once I enter an amount for Raw Materials or Food in the Request section, the Raw Materials and Food fields in the Offer section gray out leaving the Gold field as the only field in which I can enter an amount, and vice versa. Let's say I accidentally enter an amount in the wrong field, or I change my mind on what I want to request or offer. If I remove the amount I just entered, the grayed out fields do not re-enable. Even clicking the selected country in the map again doesn't do it. I have to re-select the Commercial Offer button, then re-select the country I want to deal with, in order to re-enable all the amount fields. This is annoying.

4. I like to turn the mini-map off sometimes during a land battle. There has been a couple of instances where during the battle, the unit indicators that normally appear on the mini-map will suddenly appear in the area where the mini-map would be. I see the indicators, but no map, because the map is off. I have to turn the mini-map back on, then off again, to clear them.

5. Sometimes during a naval battle, my ship will disappear from the battle area as if it went outside the battle area borders, but the indicator on the mini-map will not be anywhere near the edge of the mini-map. This happened once even when my ship was on it's way back. I got it fully turned and headed back toward the inside of the battle area, and after even a few seconds of it sailing that direction, it suddenly disappeared, and the battle ended with my defeat.

6. During a naval battle, the ship indicators in the mini-map are either blue or red. It seems that they're swapped compared to what you would expect. Blue should be defender while red is the attacker/engager. It seems they're the other way around. Also, it seems the warning about ships leaving the battle area is only associated with the blue indicator. Say I'm the engager and the AI is the defender. My ship(s) is the blue indicator and the AI's ship(s) is the red incidator. When one of my ships is approaching the battle area borders, I see the message telling me that one my ships is leaving the battle area and I might lose it. That's expected. However, say I'm the defender and the AI is the engager. My ship(s) is the red indicator and the AI's ship(s) is the blue indicator. When one of the AI's ships approaches the battle area borders, the message that one of my ships is leaving the battle area and I might lose it appears, but it's actually one of the AI's ships, not mine. Whatever tracks the ships within the battle area and triggers that message seems to track only the blue indicator, regardless whether it's me or the AI.

7. There have been a couple of rare times when, while exiting a land battle, the Naval battle "Loading..." screen appears followed by a totally black screen. I can't do anything when this happens. I have to force quit the game using Task Manager. This has happened only twice since I've started playing the game. Both times were in different provinces. I think I was playing as France both times, though. Each time it has happened, after I have to force quit, I reload the game, attack the same province again, with the same commanders and units, play the same battle, and it pulls out of the battle scene with no glitch.

These are issues I've found so far. If I find more, I'll post them. I hope that at least some, if not all, of these issues can be fixed with another patch.

L8r,
cueshot

Deaden
3rd Sep 2005, 02:32
i found out when you have troops on clifs and have a cannon fireing at them from below the clif the cannon balls just go over the clif's eag and hit your troops dead on!

CrazyIvanMN
23rd Sep 2005, 10:35
I'm using the v1.1 patch.

It appears if I pause the game during a naval battle (hitting esc). When I resume the mouse pointer disappears. which makes it rather difficult to fight when you can't select ships etc. I can still steer the last ship that was selected, but that's about it.

Granatenwerfer
23rd Sep 2005, 11:24
Version 1.1

I played as Prusia. I had a defensive alliance with Saxony and Poland. Russia decleared war up on Poland and in the following battle the Polish were defeated. I tried to help my friends and sent out an army to Poland. For this purpose I automatically got the right of passage. The russian troops -damaged from the previous battle against the Polish - moved immediately back to Russia to avoid a battle with my "fresh" troops. I decided to let my army stay in Poland to protect the land getting occupied again by Russia when retreating my troops. After some turns a russian army stepped into Poland again, where my prusian army still was. And then, what happened?? No battle. The siege started, ignoring my troops! :confused:

I think there should be a message with the question if I just want to march through Poland or to help them to break the siege open.

damejune2
25th Sep 2005, 17:56
I installed the patch for the game (intel fix, etc...) and the game still crashes. Usually happens when the game starts or whenever the game switches screens; like after it's done loading the game or a battle. It just doesn't crash to the desktop...it resets the computer and i have to start all over again.

Granatenwerfer
27th Sep 2005, 14:33
V 1.1

After winning the last battle in a turn (it was a turn with 3 naval battles and 3 land battles!) IG tried to load the strategy map -as usual - but then a 2nd (!) picture appeared, again with a load display. I had to wait, again, and then I got a black display. Only the IG mouse pointer was visible and I heard music......that was all....

Sorry for my bad English. I play the German version and so I hope I translated all properly.

Granatenwerfer
4th Oct 2005, 21:42
V 1.1

1.) Infantry attacking an Infanry unit that is still in sqare formation will also bounce off like a horse unit.
I fought against the AI. I attempted to attack his infantry unit with Hussars, but they bounced away, because the attacked infantry unit formed a square just in time. Very close to that unit was my Black Guard. I ordered them to start a melee, but they also got confused and ran away.

2.) Liberating a neutral land shall "liberate" all his units which "serve" in a foreign army - but it doesn't.
I liberated the Ottmanic and the Egypt Empire and a message appeared that all units from both lands serving in other armies will desert immediately. But I found that there were still troops serving for Austria.

A note to my previous message: The black screen did not appear for a 2nd time. I think my computer could also cause that error.

I like Imperial Glory very much. It is a nice game. I play nights long.
Will there be a patch for version 1.2?

Thank you very much.

emperor of death
10th Sep 2009, 14:54
sometimes if I do a battle then this happens:
1) the enemy stops with walking
2) Units do not die
it isnt terrible as it happens in a quick game but in campaign i must retreat and i dont save always so i have to do some turns over:mad2:
does somewan else have that?
p.s. sorry for my bad english but i come from the netherlands