PDA

View Full Version : Post all Bugs you find in Imperial Glory HERE

BigNellieStyle
17th May 2005, 02:22
People, use this post to let Eidos know about any game problems you experience. The only way we can directly improve the game to its full potential is to give feedback to the company itself.

I have downloaded the demo, played it dozens of times, and have taken note on some of the game bugs.

#1. My Options menu does not alter the game at all.
#2. When skirmishing with cav the whole cav unit instantaneously dies when charged by an enemy cav. So if 3 units to one side of the cav are charged, all 40 just die where they are standing at the same time... now that is a bug that needs to be fixed. INdividual units need to die based upon enemy units making direct contact with each man like in the Total War games.
#3. I do not know of any way to select multiple units besides clicking and dragging.
#4. I do not know how to line multiple units in straight lines together.
#5. I do not know how to make units stay in the spots I put the in without them shifting on their own.

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 02:28
I suggest having units being able to fire withougt the whole unit turing.

(type name here)
17th May 2005, 02:30
Well number three isn't a bugs to select multiple units hold ctrl and click the units.

Oststar
17th May 2005, 02:38
I've noticed that occasionally individual troops get stuck and stop moving with the battalion, the only fix is reforming the battalion which is costly when it battles.

BigNellieStyle
17th May 2005, 02:42
hmmm, holding control and clicking units selects multiple units? I tried that and it didn't work.... brb gonna test that out. O and also, any idea how to make a large line with multiple units?

Captain Darling
17th May 2005, 02:46
I found ctrl+clicking each unit would then let me group units together, but there seemed to be no way of organising them into any formation other than a random grouping of lines. Is there no way of organising a battle line?

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 02:50
You fools, just double click the unit and if you have 2 of theese units, it will select them both.

BigNellieStyle
17th May 2005, 02:53
crisis, do you know how to make organized lines with those units?

sick
17th May 2005, 07:37
I think it's better to post bugs from the full game, since the demo is fairly old and the full game is out today.
The only thing I can't confirm if it's fixed is your second bug, since I haven't experienced this myself yet.
And Thecrisis5, I heard jaycw saying something that the units' line of sight has been altered, so they don't have to reposition too much anymore.

[J.E.v.O]
17th May 2005, 07:43
and the game is released today so I don't think they can make more changes :eek:

sick
17th May 2005, 11:11
They can patch it. ;)

(type name here)
17th May 2005, 11:27
Yeah, games patches can do anything, I mean look at battlefield 1942 for example. Version 1.6b

Mike_B
17th May 2005, 15:37
This is not exactly the same developer nor publisher of Battlefield.

saddletank
17th May 2005, 17:41
Was that a positive comment @m, in that "Pyro/Eidos won't release a game needing umpteen patches to fix" or was it a negative comment in that "Pyro/Eidos won't release patches at all/hardly ever/OK maybe one if the product's buyers are kicking their front door down armed with pitchforks and burning torches..." :)

FEARLESS
17th May 2005, 18:22
Just sort out troop movement on the battlefield!..................not asking much :mad:

Mike_B
17th May 2005, 18:39
It was a positive one + that you can't compare two different developers.

Just sort out troop movement on the battlefield!..................not asking much :mad:

Yeah well that sort of thing belongs in the demo feedback thread unless you already have the full game of course.

#1. My Options menu does not alter the game at all.

It believe that it's possible that you need to restart the game in order for the changes to take place, not sure though.

#5. I do not know how to make units stay in the spots I put the in without them shifting on their own.

Disable auto attack.

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 18:50
I form organized lines by holding down the movemonet button(in my case right mouse) and it shows an arrow poiting in andy direction you wish aling with green dots showing were troops would be, ive had a screen large line this way, hope this helped.

Captain Darling
17th May 2005, 18:53
But you only seem to be able to set the line up one unit at a time, and I've not found a way to view where the other units in the line would be when I'm placing the next one. For example, in RTW you press the space bar and it shows you a little dot to mark where every soldier will be standing when they complete their current move orders. Makes it much easier to march your armies in tight formation.

Thecrisis5
17th May 2005, 18:56
Just click once on a spot and a green outline of where all your troops will be when the order is completed will show up.!!

Captain Darling
17th May 2005, 19:07
I think you misunderstand my problem. I can only ever see the green outline of one unit at a time, making it almost impossible to create an organised battleline!

sick
17th May 2005, 19:44
In the full game, you will see where troops are going which you have SELECTED. It will be indicated by a flag.
If you allow me, I'll open a bug reporting thread for the FULL game, as this one's already messed up with demo problems, which should actully go in the demo feedback thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=49521). ;)

Captain Darling
17th May 2005, 20:07
Thanks sick, that's settled one of my biggest concerns for this game!

*Is now back on the edge of his seat*

:D