PDA

View Full Version : What ive noticed about the forum.

Thecrisis5
16th May 2005, 23:22
This forum is great, people can share there opinions without being choped to pieces. Coming from a totalitarian TW forum i really liked this forum and complelty stoped using the TW forum. I'd just like to thank the moderators for being decent, and not fasicts.

Czar
17th May 2005, 00:01
Yes.

A very good and healthy forum this.
Not overly moderated.

The real test will be when the game is released and some 'negative' comments come in. Some companies / forums simply delete posts and ban users. Hope that does not happen here.

Oststar
17th May 2005, 00:16
Want to see a bad forum? www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield

The admin of that site was nearly deposed by angry forumers, then he banned and deleted %50 of the members at the time before appointing some terrible moderators, one who has temper tantrums all the time, and bans Conservatives for expressing their opinions. Then when he was asked to appoint new moderators he ignored the leaders of the conservative group and appointed the most inactive users he could find. Meanwhile there is a group of trolls on the same subnet dropping by and spamming the site, they get away with it while the conservatives get banned for replying to the trolls.

I dare you to join... :)

I've moved away from that site and intend to haunt IG forums from now on, good place usually.

fat_man
17th May 2005, 00:28
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1655660

that b!tch sounds like my old english teacher "use grammer" hows about skrew you!!!!!! :mad:

the man just wanted to voice his opininon which is what forums are for...right?

you are right about that forum man......jeez

what does IMO mean anyway

Stereophobia
17th May 2005, 00:53
http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1655660

what does IMO mean anyway

It means In My Opinion

And I must agree, this is one of the best forums Ive seen, I think its not just down to the moderator's (who are good) but also the fact that so far the main posters that Ive seen have been a lot more mature, perhaps due to age, or just damned decent people!

Gelatinous Cube
17th May 2005, 00:54
This forum is great, people can share there opinions without being choped to pieces. Coming from a totalitarian TW forum i really liked this forum and complelty stoped using the TW forum. I'd just like to thank the moderators for being decent, and not fasicts.

I find this forum to be childish and reminiscent of Warcraft 3's forums. That beats totalitarian any day, though. If you were talking about CA's official TW forums, I highly reccomend http://www.twcenter.net/forums/index.php?act=SC&c=2 which is a very mature, active, and well-regulated TW forum.

fat_man
17th May 2005, 01:05
It means In My Opinion

thanks alot i have gone too long without knowing what that was LOL

Oststar
17th May 2005, 02:31
Lol Believe it or not R-Karsk is one of the nicer guys there... *shudder*

Although you have to admit it was pretty hard to read, but with the BF2 area I didn't even bother... the guys there think helicopters fly themselves... I'll assume you didn't make a foray into Rants and Raves... lots of political anger and discussion. Lots of posuers too, one claims to have fought in Bosnia, Gulf War and the Iraq War and he ignores question's about it because he can't answer them. Terrible place, makes this look perfect, which although it has some issues, there are a few *******s, mud rollers (me :)) and such, generally it seems a nice place.

Mike_B
17th May 2005, 06:20
The real test will be when the game is released and some 'negative' comments come in. Some companies / forums simply delete posts and ban users. Hope that does not happen here.

Well it all depends of course how these opinions are expressed if they are just expressed in constructive way like "I don't like this and that" no problem but there are of course other ways like "OMG what HAVE YoU DoNE to this Game I iem liek wtf?" or the likes.

Oststar
17th May 2005, 08:07
"OMG what HAVE YoU DoNE to this Game I iem liek wtf?"

I've seen enough of that on PBF to last a lifetime... and they're the literate ones...

saddletank
17th May 2005, 08:31
It's surprising to hear so many posters here claiming this is a good forum with very few trolls and txtspkrs and flames. When I first joined here I thought this was a really bad forum with lots of kids being rude to people and trolling going on.

Someone pointed me to the fileplant rooms however :)

But in fact this forum has improved in the last 2 weeks, the rude kids seem to have either gone quiet because they know that if they are rude their posts will be ridiculed by the more mature people here, or maybe a few have had their accounts banned. Anyone heard from Bananaman in the last week or so?

Mob is still around and entertaining us with his own inimicable style, but certainly there have been a few more mature and well controlled postsres here recently, and the mods do a good job, being almost invisible but effective which is the best way to work a moderation style I think.

Perhaps there is scope for some enjoyable online gaming with IG after all? If a few people who know each other to be mature and sensible in their tactics meet up a good game can still result without idiots just playing the game system instead of playing a Napoleonic wargame.

Bellum
17th May 2005, 10:41
Perhaps there is scope for some enjoyable online gaming with IG after all? If a few people who know each other to be mature and sensible in their tactics meet up a good game can still result without idiots just playing the game system instead of playing a Napoleonic wargame.

Word!

Clanplay and playing ladders is not my kind of game. I play a game to have a good time. I am sure we can get together and have our glorious moment on the field.

saddletank
17th May 2005, 12:18
It's a date :D

If I buy the game - which isn't certain by a long way yet...

Shearer9
17th May 2005, 12:53
sounds like my old english teacher "use grammer"

Your English teacher should be sacked then! :eek:

Oststar
17th May 2005, 13:14
As you said this forum has really cleaned up in the last few weeks, when I joined there was a whole mess of threads about demo problems, which kind of subsided for a while, I came back after a while and it's been progressively cleaner, it seems good members have been joining and discussing things, perhaps it's because the first people to get and judge the Demo were the "OMFG LEIK WTF?!" types and the better kinds came later after hearing later, downloading later and taking longer to pass judgement. Whatever happened its much cleaner than any forum i've seen.

mob
17th May 2005, 16:31
Mob is still around and entertaining us with his own inimicable style, but certainly there have been a few more mature and well controlled postsres here recently, and the mods do a good job, being almost invisible but effective which is the best way to work a moderation style I think

m8 thanks cant be disapointed with that :p :p :p :p

just post my opinions cant deny i'm a negetive person one teacher wont let me talk in class cause i disagree with the subject therefor critizy every fecking flaw about it :p
the subject CSPE not sure if the rest of you have it

the croud chants "SPEACH SPEACH"

well i gota thank the mods for putting up with me great guys :)
the people for remembering me so vividly :D
vbulleten for making such a pretty board
there is more to this list i dont want to add wasting your time

but all in all if this is how you think please sugest things that are wrong and i'll do my best to keep them in mind with every post

fat_man
17th May 2005, 23:38
Your English teacher should be sacked then! :eek:

the students supposidly caused her to have a nervous break down or something :D

as long as she is gone