PDA

View Full Version : riflemen

doc.
15th May 2005, 20:37
i dont know if this has been posted before but why are the riflemen in red? the old 60th KRRC wore red as a dress uniform when it was formed in 1755 but changed to a permanent green soon after. the 90th always wore green after formation in 1800...hence the name "green jackets" and can you do skirmish lines as i didnt see that on the demo?
sorry to make first post sound negative but i did enjoy the demo and was just intrested.

(type name here)
15th May 2005, 20:41
Well, I believe it has been mentioned several times, but I'm pretty sure therre won't be sqirmish lines.

Aubrey
15th May 2005, 20:48
i dont know if this has been posted before but why are the riflemen in red? the old 60th KRRC wore red as a dress uniform when it was formed in 1755 but changed to a permanent green soon after. the 90th always wore green after formation in 1800...hence the name "green jackets" and can you do skirmish lines as i didnt see that on the demo?
sorry to make first post sound negative but i did enjoy the demo and was just intrested.

Think I read somewhere that they did this to make troop recognition a little easier. I imagine the modders will change it before long.

Mark

Lord Caeres
15th May 2005, 20:54
Think I read somewhere that they did this to make troop recognition a little easier. I imagine the modders will change it before long.

Mark

Did you by any chance get that name from Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World? :D Jack-Aubreys the name! Treachery is my game! heheh :D

mob
15th May 2005, 21:13
Well, I believe it has been mentioned several times, but I'm pretty sure therre won't be sqirmish lines.

more like several hundred times lol

Aubrey
15th May 2005, 21:22
Did you by any chance get that name from Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World? :D Jack-Aubreys the name! Treachery is my game! heheh :

I may be treacherous but many consider me to be the lesser of two wevils.

Mark

Silent_Scope
21st May 2005, 16:31
the fact that the rifleman were in green did worry me. In the full game are they in green??