PDA

View Full Version : TRLegend Wallpaper!!!!

Trinity34
14th May 2005, 19:19
http://img249.echo.cx/img249/7387/trlwallpaper6000ya.jpg (http://www.tombraidercommunity.com/galleries.php?ctg=62)

:eek: :eek:

Click on the pic to get a 1280x1024 and a 1024x768 wallpaper, it only requires a simple registration. Thanks to TombCool for the wallpaper.

:)

Sophia Leigh
15th May 2005, 02:05
Thanks Trinity34! :)

Balalaika
15th May 2005, 12:56
... and click here (http://tombraider.ru/eng/res/wallpapers/tr7.html) to get 1600x1200 wallpaper! :)

ELEN
15th May 2005, 15:55
The only reason I like this wallpaper is because Lara holds the guns properly and the dirt on her leg seems realistic :cool:

Game Wallpapers
15th May 2005, 21:48
Exclusive to whom? Game Wallpapers, perhaps?

http://www.gamewallpapers.com

Lara Croft Online
15th May 2005, 22:11
Anyone wanna piece of chewing gum? http://www.straightdope.com/art/1976/760514.gif

Trinity34
16th May 2005, 00:39
Exclusive to whom? Game Wallpapers, perhaps?

http://www.gamewallpapers.com

Sorry but if you have a problem with it being posted here then I suggest you contact Eidos or the webmaster at tombraidercommunity.com. I will gladly delete my post.. its no big deal to me but I highly doubt it will be an exclusive after E3.

GoranAgar
16th May 2005, 10:14
Is it really worth the energy you people are wasting on this all the time?

WhiteSnake05
16th May 2005, 11:44
http://img200.echo.cx/img200/9900/stopthief4ro.jpg

@ Goran. There are a lot of people who spend a lot of time producing work so
others can enjoy it. Why allow thieves to prosper from someone else's
work?

What sort of example does that set to others?

MissLara2U
16th May 2005, 12:45
This is just ANOTHER example of why I’m thinking of throwing the towel in.

I’ve been running our web site since 1997 (our current format since 2000) and I’ve invested a ton of time, energy, and money into trying to produce a unique experience for fans of the series.

The same folk who’ve continually ripped off my ideas and content in the past are now lording it up here promoting media ripped off from someone else. And Eidos appears to support this activity by allowing them to promote themselves here, and then rewarding them by throwing even more media in their direction!

Personally, I wonder what the hell I'm doing this for anymore! There is absolutely no respect anymore, and no sense of decency.

So much for community spirit! What a joke.

M.

Driber
16th May 2005, 12:47
"I wanna be the first! look at my website!"

bah :rolleyes:

GoranAgar
16th May 2005, 12:57
So what shall we do? Delete any material that has someone's website promoted on it instead of Eidos and CD? Fight the neverending battle of who got what first and who knows whoever best HERE?

I will try to find out what Eidos' policy on this is and if I get an answer I'll get back to you. Untill then I will keep spending tons of my time to keep this a peaceful place. :)

Thank you for your patience.

Shehi
16th May 2005, 15:19
This is Shehi from TombRaiderCommunity.Com...

This is official statement from our side: We have taken/are taking/will take all responsibility of our actions. If anyone have problems with us on any copyright infringement issues, we urge those people to contact us directly via support@tombraidercommunity.com... Before doing so, please also read our Copyright statement and ToS in our web site - then contact us in an appropriate way. I would rather be contacted by people in person than this kinda issues being posted here - which is complete nonsense and waste of resources of people/staff here. If those above, who claimed us being thieves do not have enough courage to contact us in person, and post it here as little girls hiding behind their daddies, then I will have to ask: please keep your comments to yourselves...

Goran, I personally apologize for the inconvenience this mess caused to you and Eidos Community - I would like this topic either be deleted, or cleaned of nonsense, as it is direct invalid accusation towards me and my website. I hope to get your ideas on this matter - via personal channels preferrably.

End of message.

craigbrass
16th May 2005, 15:49
Do as Shehi says, if you have a problem with anything on our site contact us. These childish forum slaughters get nobody anywhere!

ELEN
16th May 2005, 17:19
Hang on guys... Whilst Shehi's comments are appreaciated (because it requires guts to publicly apologize), why should this thread be deleted? It's like closing our ears and eyes. Goran deleted the offensive posts, but the complains (which were made by the author) should remain as they are. And Craig, before rushing to agree with Shehi (regarding the deletion of the thread), bear in mind that one of your people started the fuss. If you don't wish other coments on this issue, a mod can close the thread and start a new one about this beautiful wallpaper, but the disappearance of the thread would be a mock.

... and now I can see Lara getting freaked out by what happened :p

Shehi
16th May 2005, 18:08
Hang on guys... Whilst Shehi's comments are appreaciated (because it requires guts to publicly apologize), why should this thread be deleted? It's like closing our ears and eyes. Goran deleted the offensive posts, but the complains (which were made by the author) should remain as they are. And Craig, before rushing to agree with Shehi (regarding the deletion of the thread), bear in mind that one of your people started the fuss. If you don't wish other coments on this issue, a mod can close the thread and start a new one about this beautiful wallpaper, but the disappearance of the thread would be a mock.

... and now I can see Lara getting freaked out by what happened :p

Yeah, Mark stated the "abuse" which was not from our side in any way... Actually he was concerned about his personal site at tombraiderfans.com which is not affiliated with us, and we don't care what is going there. This quarrel was personal problems of Mark and TRChronicles people, so please let's not mix two different topics with each other. Anyway, last word belongs to those on power here :) Have a nice day guys!

imported_Mark_
16th May 2005, 18:32
Goran deleted the offensive posts, but the complains (which were made by the author) should remain as they are.
I'm afraid that's not true, dear Elen. I removed them by myself and I apologize for posting such an offensive message.

ELEN
16th May 2005, 19:07
* removed after a special request.

ELEN
16th May 2005, 19:11
I'm afraid that's not true, dear Elen. I removed them by myself and I apologize for posting such an offensive message.

Okies Mark. See ya around...

imported_Mark_
16th May 2005, 21:44
Just to let all of you know, the webmaster of www.gamewallpapers.com has just gave me permission to post it on our forums.

DM3
17th May 2005, 00:16
This whole copyright thing is a bit confusing. If it's an actual in game screenshot suitable for use as wallpaper, then the copyright belongs to Eidos and CD. Regardless of where the picture is posted. If however, it is an original drawing done as fan art, the copyright belongs to the artist.

So, since this appears to be a screenshot from the game, it technically should not be exclusive to any particular site. it also should not be sold without paying Eidos and CD royalties. Lara and all game elements in the screenshot still belong to them.

imported_Mark_
17th May 2005, 13:34
I agree with you, DM3. But I never said the picture belongs to me.

I received the picture and I posted it on my forums. Then someone from other board asked for the picture in big size so I posted a link to my version. Then I don't really know if the admin removed my watermark or he got the picture from "an Italian forum", as he said (he didn't want to give me the URL, by the way), but he ended putting my edited version of the wallpaper (I have proofs it was my version because I edited it a bit before posting it) with a watermark from his site, that he have removed now. So I posted a message here saying that if someone doesn't want to be ripped off, this person shouldn't rip others. I accidentally didn't use the word "rip", but "steal" and I think all this trouble comes from that. I've apologised a few times and I'm sorry about using the wrong words but I have now learned the lesson and it won't happen anymore, at least from my part.

My apologies for anyone I ofended.

midroth
17th May 2005, 15:03
Is it so problematic to write
Credits to: <source>
under a picture?

So everyone can see where you have found it.

imported_Mark_
17th May 2005, 15:58
Nah, I don't think so. At least I don't have any problem with it.