PDA

View Full Version : Game closes before 1 mission

pkacz
12th May 2005, 22:39
Hi! I've got this problem... After instalation i run the game, it starts normally. I see all screens even the intro movie... Then I can explore the bar and the problem starts when i want to start 1 mission. I go through the "1" doors, I see only a lot of stars and hud... Now if i choose "changing hero/reject" button on my pad, i go back to bar, but when i push the "jump/accept" button i go straight to Windows...

Demo was running without any problem so it's not my comp's fault, I think I may lack a codec... But movies here are in bink and there's no codcs for it...

Please help me if You can, I loved the demo and can't wait to play full...

Yours
pkacz

jaywalker2309
13th May 2005, 07:50
Hi! I've got this problem... After instalation i run the game, it starts normally. I see all screens even the intro movie... Then I can explore the bar and the problem starts when i want to start 1 mission. I go through the "1" doors, I see only a lot of stars and hud... Now if i choose "changing hero/reject" button on my pad, i go back to bar, but when i push the "jump/accept" button i go straight to Windows...

Demo was running without any problem so it's not my comp's fault, I think I may lack a codec... But movies here are in bink and there's no codcs for it...

Please help me if You can, I loved the demo and can't wait to play full...

Yours
pkacz

What is your system specs? have you got the latest drivers?

pkacz
13th May 2005, 08:21
My PC:

Athlon 2200+ @1.7Ghz
512MB DDRAM
Radeon 9500 64MB
Windows XP SP1
Soundcard AC'97 from MotherBoard

i don't think rest could be of any importance :)

Drivers: DX- newest, from LEGO Star Wars CD
Graphics: Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.25a (Catalyst 5.4) and i've tried many older versions...

As I said game walks perfectly (demo and as far I got in full), surely above 40fps. I think the problem must be something with loading new level... So please, think more, maybe You'll be able to help me, for which I'd be very grateful...

jaywalker2309
14th May 2005, 13:00
My PC:

Athlon 2200+ @1.7Ghz
512MB DDRAM
Radeon 9500 64MB
Windows XP SP1
Soundcard AC'97 from MotherBoard

i don't think rest could be of any importance :)

Drivers: DX- newest, from LEGO Star Wars CD
Graphics: Radeon Omega Drivers 2.6.25a (Catalyst 5.4) and i've tried many older versions...

As I said game walks perfectly (demo and as far I got in full), surely above 40fps. I think the problem must be something with loading new level... So please, think more, maybe You'll be able to help me, for which I'd be very grateful...

The omega drivers are not official ATI ones.. have you tried the official ati drivers?

Have you got the latest sound chipset drivers? as a `quick` test, try disabling the sound acceleration within dxdiag and see if that changes anything, if it does then its your sound card drivers.

pkacz
17th May 2005, 06:34
Yes I've already tried original ATI Catalyst 5.4 and after your post i did what You advised with sound drivers... Still there is no change... I'm still waiting for your ideas :) Thanks jaycw2309 hope you'll figure out somethong else...