PDA

View Full Version : Anyone one figure out how to mod?

intrepid_soul
12th May 2005, 20:14
If you go to the character files located around C:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\lego_data\Chars there are folders for every character. If you go into one, there is a text file for example in the Darth Maul folder there is a Darth Maul.txt file. If you open that you get lines like this:

layers_special=0,1
layers_high=0,2
layers_medium=0,3
layers_low=4
layers_dead=0,1

sfx_hurt="MaulHurt"
sfx_die="MaulDeath"

hit_points=4
baddie
jedi
can_open_doors

The first part appears to be textures, the next part sound effects, the last appears to be logic when fighting as an NPC. Has anyone played with these to try to modify the game?

jaywalker2309
13th May 2005, 07:50
If you go to the character files located around C:\Program Files\Giant\LEGO Star Wars Game\lego_data\Chars there are folders for every character. If you go into one, there is a text file for example in the Darth Maul folder there is a Darth Maul.txt file. If you open that you get lines like this:

layers_special=0,1
layers_high=0,2
layers_medium=0,3
layers_low=4
layers_dead=0,1

sfx_hurt="MaulHurt"
sfx_die="MaulDeath"

hit_points=4
baddie
jedi
can_open_doors

The first part appears to be textures, the next part sound effects, the last appears to be logic when fighting as an NPC. Has anyone played with these to try to modify the game?

I wondered how long it would take before people started playing with the game files :)

intrepid_soul
16th May 2005, 16:05
I have played with them and they do not appear to do anything, which ofcourse makes me wonder why they are there. Ofcourse my QA roots are showing I just want to break things. :-D

jaywalker2309
16th May 2005, 17:41
I have played with them and they do not appear to do anything, which ofcourse makes me wonder why they are there. Ofcourse my QA roots are showing I just want to break things. :-D

Will see if can get any info from the dev team