PDA

View Full Version : TR Legend Suggestions Thread

Pages : [1] 2

imported_mike_g
11th May 2005, 18:37
Okay folks, we want to hear from you! I can't guarantee we'll do everything you want, but I know the devs will see it at least, and hear what you have to say. enjoy!

GeorgeMaciver
11th May 2005, 19:26
Mike, I can't say how delighted I am with things. Suggestions? Perhaps after I've played it. Thanks for giving us our Lara back.

Actually, I do have a suggestion! There could have been another full game sequel to TR1 made from the original engine. There could have been another full game sequel to TR2 from the TR2 engine. There could have been another TWO full game sequels made from the TR3 engine. Here's my suggestion - stuff what the 'same old thing' prophets of doom whisper from the shadows of their dreary tombs and give us plenty of Raiding between Legend and the next engine being developed.

:)

CatSuit&Ponytail
11th May 2005, 21:36
*Style. Well, I guess I want a wardrobe worthy of Lara Croft. ;) She's a rich and classy adventurer, after all, and should look like it. :p

This (http://www.catagar.com/load/LaraLegend-3bWP.jpg) should be included at least! :D

*Character. I also want her to have an attitude adjustment, no more snarky rude slings, but more witty and intelligent repartee. "Mind the bell" was good, "Busy girl, got to go" was not. I liked the first and second voices a lot.

*Choice. TR3 was good because we were given lush large open areas with sereral ways of traversing them. I would like to make a few choices now and again.

*Exploring. I want to be able to climb up on everything, try to push stuff around, and generally have freedom. I want to do it myself! :)

***No Dumbing Down. No Helping Hand.***

GeorgeMaciver
11th May 2005, 22:47
In tr3, in the sub base, I spent a few hours sussing out how to get to the control tower in the warehouse. I was looking forward very much to shooting the bloke running the crane, I can tell you. But when I got there a cut scene did it all for me and even pressed the switch that opened the gates. I remember feeling so cheated.

Don't nick all the juicy bits from us!!

:D

laracroft_lover
11th May 2005, 23:59
It seemes almost sure that the AOD storyline will be abandoned, so I have some sugestions:

- Bring back Lara's Home! :D

- I miss the "Story so far..." from TR2 and 3...and I'm sure it won't be too hard to be included! :)

- The best storyline ever in a Tomb Raider, full of surprises and twists, I like that.

- Please, don't make CG's like the ones in Angel of Darkness! :eek: That quality wasn-t acceptable for a Tomb Raider game!

- Some great puzzles, harder than in AOD...I miss being stuck in a puzzle from a Tomb Raider game, lol!

- I don't want to see Lara in this game, like we see AJ in the movies...I mean, she seems like James Bond, she does everything without being hurt...but from the trailer, it seems like she got somre really unrealistic moves, but this really doesn't care too much.

- It would be great to see Lara to interact more with the environment around her to get out from some dangerous situations, wouldn't be? :rolleyes:

Good luck to complete this game, I hope you don't rush it, take the time you need and release the game when you see it's ready, cause the game needs some old fans to come back, and maybe, some new fans! :D

Please make this the best action/adventure game ever made, I now you can do it! ;)

Lara Croft Online
11th May 2005, 23:59
I'd like to see Lara's Home back in the game. Even if it's not part of
the training area it would still be nice for it to be there as many TR fans
know they always after the game went around the mansion after playing.
Also the story so far was a great option that's also gone. You were
able to see all the cut scenes or FMV's you completed through the game.
Finally the cornerbug. People love the cornerbug for the mansion and in
the game it was just a fun thing people loved to find in the game.

midroth
12th May 2005, 00:04
1. BIG open areas
2. Exploring
3. Secrets ("Pling")
4. No easy/short game
5. No AJ/Bond stuff - we play Lara
6. Not so many "modern City" levels

That's what I hope to get and not.

Edit: A RND-area level would fine.

Acceber
12th May 2005, 10:02
I get such a kick out of the idea of the developers reading this thread, musing over some of the comments and going "yup, done that" .... "done that" .... "I wonder if it's too late to do that" .... "so glad we didn't do that" ...

I think sneaky moves are a lot of fun. Those that aren't referred to in the manual, but that you find out by accidentally pressing, oh, say, the walk and jump buttons together. ;) New ones would be cool, but the old ones can't be beaten. I really liked that forward-somersault-off-a-ledge move from Chronicles...

Anyway, happy developing. And I will be happy playing. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th May 2005, 13:23
I give a second "YES!" for Secrets! :D *Pling!*
I also give another vote for a Home level, and I also enjoy very much Lara's special moves, handstand, swandive, summersault-on-the-ground-or-off things.... :)

imported_Mark_
12th May 2005, 13:45
I would suggest to improve the face textures. There are some screenshots that show a very ugly Lara.

Also, I noticed she's not hanging right her pistols: they are "flying". And there's a grenade that appears in the place of one of her pistols.

Finally, this is not a dev suggestion, but it would be great if Crystal Dynamics released Lara Croft's 3D model, or something like that to make our own wallpapers and postcards.

Thanks for this thread, Mike! :)

GeorgeMaciver
12th May 2005, 14:35
Here are a few thoughts on what I personally believe helps to make Tomb Raider so special.

1) The Character

Lara Croft is a character we all fell in love with. Lara is Lara. She walks a certain way, makes little grunts when she runs into walls, her bones crumple after a fall, she jumps sideways while firing her weapons, etc. Her personality is incredibly important.

2) The Levels

From TR1 to TR6, every Tomb Raider level was huge. The thrill of exploration and discovery was delicious. Tomb Raider is about adventure and being left to explore and solve the puzzles yourself, it isn't about being herded like cattle.

3) Where in any of the original games do we find Lara interacting with characters in cut scenes with boring dialogues? We don't. It is totally out of character for the whole Tomb Raider experience. Cut scenes between levels are fine, but I don't think Raiders particularly want to wander around backstreets chatting to prostitutes.

4) From TR1 to TR6, although there are many changes, some things remained constant throughout. Large and small medi paks, double pistols etc. These were all a part of the Tomb Raider experience which was so loved. Who gives a damn about chocolate bars? Give us our medi paks and other familiar inventory items back!

5) The music from Tomb Raider has been nothing short of breath taking. Who will ever forget the adrenaline rush as the Atlantean Stronghold music kicked in when you encountered the TRex in the original game? Or when they first wandered into the pool area in the City of Vilcabamba? The Tomb raider atmosphere was perfected by such thoughtful placing of appropriate musical scores.

6) The secret sound is a much loved, fundamental, integral part of the Tomb Raider experience. Give us our secrets back. And a bonus level for finding them all would be a nice touch.

Conclusion:

There is a vast cross section of gamers, and not every game will appeal to every gamer. Tomb Raider appealed to doctors, lawyers, milkmen, oil workers, labourers, politicians, retired professional men and women, educated and intelligent people of all ages. Don't target 12 to 14 year olds and the PlayStation market. If you get some of that market, fine, that's a bonus, but Tomb Raider has an established following and they are loyal. Don't sell them out to try to make a quick buck by jumping into bed with Hollywood. If Hollywood don't like our Lara the way she is, tell them to beat it.

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th May 2005, 15:44
Well said, GeorgeMaciver. :)

suske
12th May 2005, 17:29
I would like to see what happened to Kurtis Trent. Is he dead? :confused:

Sophia Leigh
13th May 2005, 01:28
As for Kurtis Trent and the AOD story continuation, could Eidos please have someone write an official novel so we are not left hanging. Although some people didn't like AOD, lots of people loved it. Another game might not be a smart move but please finish the story.

As for Legend:
Secrets yes! but please let there be a point to getting them like in TR3 - not like in TR4.
Lara's house training level - yes bring it back!
Story so far - yes! It was great watching story so far in TR2 & TR3 and a disappointment when that option was no longer available in the later games.
Lara's voice - please DO NOT change it again, that's just ridiculous. When you change a character's voice you change the character. If they don't like TR4 - 6 (which is my preference) at least use TR2 & 3 voice.
Although I am an adult player, I prefer the game on playstation so please set the controls up similar to TR1-5 not like TR6 (it just gets confusing when you play TR6 and then go back to play one of the older games).
Challenging puzzles yes but lets not go overboard like with Brother Obscura
No going back between levels like in TR4 - that was just was just confuzing and made that section of the game drag on.
No hand icon popping up on the screen to tell you to open a door.
I liked the notebook idea though.
More TR1 style levels, TR3 jungle style levels and TR4 tomb/pyramid style levels. I don't mind Lara running around in cities but make it a minimum.
The new character design is great so please don't change that.
An excellent story-line but please don't make it a "first installment" because I don't want to be left hanging if they "pull the plug".

TheBoo
13th May 2005, 11:14
Secrets (bling!).......yes! Secrets should be found only by the careful examination of the explorer. All secrets found should result in a reward.......preferably a bonus level.

Lara's home........yes! I loved exploring the house. She's rich, so make it a big one.

Kurtis or some other companion........no! Lara has always been quite capable on her own. Having some help (like the monks at Barkhang) was great, but not Kurtis.......that fondling scene was too much!

Lara's voice........preferably from TR2 (was that Judith Gibbons?)

Special moves........yes! I love the headstand!

Pickups......make them logical.........there will be medpacks or Uzis on a soldier's body........but not in a tomb. You find artifacts in a tomb. Let her start out from her house with supplies and replenish them along the way.

The music......it should use the original TR theme in some way.........where's Nathan McCree?

If Lara is idle too long (due to our indecision or whatever) let her exercise or stretch or something. Maybe she could look at us and say, "What are you waiting for?"

Lara's personality.........lets see some variable facial expressions....surely that is possible now? Playing TR has always been about getting immersed in the experience. I still remember the first time I let Lara die........I felt as though I had let the side down. Have Lara talk to us as we make the journey, cautioning us about possible traps ahead or preparing us for the next objective or discoursing about the history of the place (The commentary could be placed in a notebook if essential to the quest). Maybe she could even call us by name, woohoo! Talk about the ultimate immersive experience! Wouldn't it be cool for Lara to look you in the eye just before a loooong jump and say, "Are you ready?"

Don't target the game for the mostly young players....there has to be a huge and loyal fan base of all ages........just look at how long and strong the (relatively antiquated) LE has been going. Forget the media critics and Hollywood........I believe this will be the most anticipated release in gaming history!

CatSuit&Ponytail
13th May 2005, 11:58
If Lara is idle too long (due to our indecision or whatever) let her exercise or stretch or something.

I am quite sure that is just what those 3D Screenshots show. :) ;)

Laraman
13th May 2005, 13:05
What a great idea! It's nice to know you're "Listening" to us.

Levels - Big, giant levels we can explore and "relax" in. Just jump about to see what we can find. Climb, roll, whatever. Just something to have fun in. Or make that Lara's Mansion!

Lara - Keep Jonell's voice. She brought an essence and likeness to Lara's voice. If you keep her I'll give you a penny, LoL!

Moves - As long as the Handstand and Swan Dive are kept, include whatever else you want!

Extra characters - To please everyone just have a nod to the AOD storyline. Maybe mention what happens, which brings me to my next idea.

More levels - If there is an optional Training Mode, much like the mansion from the first three, maybe make it a choice. One option being the mansion, the other being a continuation of AOD. A few levels to get you into it, completing the storyline to make everyone happy? Or continue the storyline :p

That was all I really wanted, maybe a some better hand-to-hand ombat, no RPG stuff etc.

Wait, bring out a demo! (Or the full game earlier!)

TheBoo
14th May 2005, 10:37
Wait, bring out a demo! (Or the full game earlier!)

What about this.........for the demo, release Lara's mansion as a demo/training level. Let everybody try out the moves and see the scenery. This will create a fever-pitch of anticipation (like there isn't one already, huh) and result in lots of pre-release publicity. 'Course, this assumes the game will be everything we hope for.........a buggy demo would kill Legend. :(

GeorgeMaciver
14th May 2005, 10:50
In AOD you had two menus. It didn't work. One menu is enough. Having two separate menus, especially ones that take forever to scroll through to find what you're looking for, absolutely ruin the atmosphere and gameplay. Short cut keys to change weapons and save and load games and use medipaks would be brilliant for gameplay. When you're in a tomb and your adrenaline is up, the last thing you want is to go hunting for stuff hidden in layers of confusing menus.

star girl
14th May 2005, 22:03
PEOPLE, I got only one word.

KURTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's it. I hate being "hanged around". Just let them spill out of Kurtis' condition, what became of him, and may continue. I would like to see Kurtis, in new graphics. I hate his GOATEE :P

Laraman
15th May 2005, 12:59
TheBoo! What a brilliant idea for the demo! I'd have never thought of that.

BTW another suggestion:

The red arrows - if these are to indicate where enemies or destructable scenery etc. are, please make that an optional thing. I don' want to know where enemies or destructable objects are, I want to figure that out for myself!

ELEN
15th May 2005, 22:08
I would like to know what happened between The Last Revelation and Angel of Darkness, and how Lara managed to survive from the tomb.

I think a brief intro would be nice.

Sophia Leigh
16th May 2005, 01:29
I would like to know what happened between The Last Revelation and Angel of Darkness, and how Lara managed to survive from the tomb.

I think a brief intro would be nice.

Hi Elen, that is covered in an Eidos-official novel titled the Amulet of Power, a must read for any Lara fan. I picked up my copy nice and cheap from Ebay. ;)

SociallyIneptX
16th May 2005, 02:21
I'm really hoping Lara's Mansion will make it's return in this game... That'd be great.
(I've noticed this seems to be among the most requested things to return in Legend... Hopefully we'll see it back again -- Bigger and better than ever)

It would also be cool if you could pick Lara's wardrobe, in some way. Outfit changes have always been cool in TR... TR3 had a good variety of outfits, but it'd be awesome if you could pick where she wears them.

Hand To Hand Combat rocks -- It's already been hinted that this will be back in some way in TRL... I did like the way she fought in AOD, but it's a bit stupid, for lack of a better word, that you're only pushing one button to do all these different moves. Maybe Lara can go in and out of a fighting mode or something, so you can use the other buttons to do different actions.

Lots and lots of Guns :D
Big guns, small guns... the Rocket Launchers, Uzis, The harpoon gun would be nice, heh... not too powerful but I do like that it works underwater. The Desert Eagle, maybe even a few new ones... You could never have too many. :)
(I'd mention her dual pistols.... but yeah we already know those will be back)

I like the idea of her clothes getting dirty... very nice addition... Of course I haven't seen it in action, so I can't really say much else.

Then of course, I'd love to see the exploration aspect back in the game... This is probably why AOD was generally disliked among Tomb Raider Fans, there were really no huge levels to explore, it just wasn't as adventurous as past Tomb Raider games.

Overall, I must say I'm impressed by what I've seen... Keep up the good work! :)

DM3
16th May 2005, 03:02
Here are a few thoughts on what I personally believe helps to make Tomb Raider so special.

1) The Character

Lara Croft is a character we all fell in love with. Lara is Lara. She walks a certain way, makes little grunts when she runs into walls, her bones crumple after a fall, she jumps sideways while firing her weapons, etc. Her personality is incredibly important.

2) The Levels

From TR1 to TR6, every Tomb Raider level was huge. The thrill of exploration and discovery was delicious. Tomb Raider is about adventure and being left to explore and solve the puzzles yourself, it isn't about being herded like cattle.

3) Where in any of the original games do we find Lara interacting with characters in cut scenes with boring dialogues? We don't. It is totally out of character for the whole Tomb Raider experience. Cut scenes between levels are fine, but I don't think Raiders particularly want to wander around backstreets chatting to prostitutes.

4) From TR1 to TR6, although there are many changes, some things remained constant throughout. Large and small medi paks, double pistols etc. These were all a part of the Tomb Raider experience which was so loved. Who gives a damn about chocolate bars? Give us our medi paks and other familiar inventory items back!

5) The music from Tomb Raider has been nothing short of breath taking. Who will ever forget the adrenaline rush as the Atlantean Stronghold music kicked in when you encountered the TRex in the original game? Or when they first wandered into the pool area in the City of Vilcabamba? The Tomb raider atmosphere was perfected by such thoughtful placing of appropriate musical scores.

6) The secret sound is a much loved, fundamental, integral part of the Tomb Raider experience. Give us our secrets back. And a bonus level for finding them all would be a nice touch.

Conclusion:

There is a vast cross section of gamers, and not every game will appeal to every gamer. Tomb Raider appealed to doctors, lawyers, milkmen, oil workers, labourers, politicians, retired professional men and women, educated and intelligent people of all ages. Don't target 12 to 14 year olds and the PlayStation market. If you get some of that market, fine, that's a bonus, but Tomb Raider has an established following and they are loyal. Don't sell them out to try to make a quick buck by jumping into bed with Hollywood. If Hollywood don't like our Lara the way she is, tell them to beat it.

To all of this, i completely agree. I'd just like to add that I'd like to see properly shaped feet and toes on Lara. The new Lara model is brilliant, I'd really hate for something as simple as how her feet look ruin it if she goes barefoot.

midroth
16th May 2005, 05:59
'Cause it was mentioned here...
Lara's Mansion...why not? The old buttler may love his job.
Hand to hand combat? Sorry, Lara is a Lady, not a pub girl.
How ever, as long as one "thing" we never see again: Kurtis. Let him stay in his Zoo and peel Bananas backwarts, or be 6 feet under.
Or let him return in his own game: Donky Kong 12...

suske
16th May 2005, 13:34
Why everybody is against Kurtis? If think he made the game more interesting :D , the only thing I didn't like that he was like a gorilla :eek:

ELEN
16th May 2005, 14:56
Hi Elen, that is covered in an Eidos-official novel titled the Amulet of Power, a must read for any Lara fan. I picked up my copy nice and cheap from Ebay. ;)

It's for the sake of history, Mum. Tomb Raider started as a game and there is a gap here. How many people do you think have read the book? What happened after The Last Reveation is not only for the fans. IMO it should be added in the game too :)

dhama
16th May 2005, 20:52
Two things......

Close that gap between dying and reloading..... honestly; I can get a bus in there. :rolleyes:

If Lara is shot, make sure it stays with her till medical treatment, none of this "ah!..... oh, i seem to have lost a lot of blood, but no wound is present; thats ok then"
When Lara was poisoned it gradually brought upon death if it wasn't for the antedote, so why not the same for bullet wounds slowing her reflexes.

DM3
17th May 2005, 00:24
Why everybody is against Kurtis? If think he made the game more interesting :D , the only thing I didn't like that he was like a gorilla :eek:

In all honesty, he would have worked out if he were not a playable character. It would actually have been pretty cool for him to show up from time to time, maybe give Lara some insight into what's happening, and then go off and do stuff behind the scenes. He also wasn't portrayed as a very likable character, and i think that hurt him as well.

Sophia Leigh
17th May 2005, 01:49
I also want to know once I have completed a level, like in the older games.

Lia67
17th May 2005, 11:59
I really liked TheBoo's suggestion of making a demo with Lara's mansion as the training level. Perhaps giving the mansion a new look would be cool. And maybe a few puzzles to solve in there as well. :)

Keep up the great work Eidos and Crystal Dynamics. Legend looks excellent so far. :) Can't wait to try it out!

Alti
18th May 2005, 02:07
Yes, please bring back (finding secrets)! How about a bonus level at the end if you find all the secrets, as in TR3.
Bring back Lara's mansion! I loved seeing how the rich and famous live! LOL.
Of the screen-shots I've seen of her face, her nose needs to be a little bigger. It looks like she's visited the cosmetic surgeon a little too much.
Of course she needs her dual pistols! How about the Desert Eagle too. I loved that gun.
Lots of different vehicles would be great too. Snowmobile, Jeep ect...
And have lots of puzzle solving too, switches and pulling and pushing objects!
It would be great to have the same guy that composed the music from TR1-TR5!
And finally I would love to know what became of Kurtis!

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th May 2005, 11:38
Ok, I have watched both marvelous trailers http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/bounce.gif .....but I found something missing:

SideJump+Shoot. I really liked that in the classic games, and missed it in the last one a lot. Is there something equally cool to replace it if it's gone? If not, I'd like it back. :)

***One of the great things about the early Tomb Raiders was the replayability of them, trying to play the whole game with just her pistols, or no medipacks, or getting all secrets for the reward level, for instance. If the game is too restrictive, it loses it's eternal (in gaming terms) attractiveness.

Oh, yes, in AOD I found it really disgusting to pick up chocolate bars in place of medipacks.... http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/puke.gif

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th May 2005, 13:18
:confused: Ok I see something else I sure as heck hope the developers are working on at this very moment:

Expression. I see no change of expression on Lara's lovely face in those trailers, but one of the original cool things was how she would make a snarly grimace when she was shooting a weapon! I want to see her "grrrrrrrrrr" face! Show us your furrowed brow, glinting eyes, curled lip and bright nashing teeth, Lara! Look like you actually mean it when you blow the bad guys to hell! :D

midroth
18th May 2005, 14:34
SideJump+Shoot....If not, I'd like it back. :)^Me too.
***One of the great things about the early Tomb Raiders was the replayability of them, trying to play the whole game with just her pistols, or no medipacks, or getting all secrets for the reward level, for instance. If the game is too restrictive, it loses it's eternal (in gaming terms) attractiveness.^I agree to.
Oh, yes, in AOD I found it really disgusting to pick up chocolate bars in place of medipacks.... http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/puke.gif^Chocolate is also bad for the shape/weight and the teeth!

CatSuit&Ponytail
18th May 2005, 17:11
^Me too.^I agree to.^Chocolate is also bad for the shape/weight and the teeth!

That's not the thing, but if I want chocolate, my Husband will buy it for me, I don't have to pick it up out of the sewers. :p YUCK!!!

Chocolate gets a bad rap. Poor chocolate. I'll love you.... ;) :D

midroth
18th May 2005, 17:25
I think, I have to speak with your husband...

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th May 2005, 10:39
I think, I have to speak with your husband...
http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/lol.gif

Ok, how about this?: If Lara Croft IS going to be eating chocolate, she brings it with her, or finds a vending machine in the dank dark underbelly of the forbidden cripts she's pillaging? :D That way she'll have a use for any spare change she finds, hehehe! :p

Or we could just do the medipack thing which worked well enough all this time. ;)

midroth
19th May 2005, 13:54
Resume:

Chocolate is bad (but funny).
Medipacks are good (always).

CatSuit&Ponytail
19th May 2005, 14:16
Ok, you Developers HAVE to give me my catsuit now that Lara has a real ponytail. :D

http://www.catagar.com/treasure/Ponytail000.jpg

And a big Thank You for re-installing the Jump&Shoot (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50691) moves. :D

GeorgeMaciver
19th May 2005, 14:18
There is some actual in game footage over at Gamespot. Side jump and shoot is IN! I'm still stunned after watching the video.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/tombraidervii/media.html?gcst=tombraiderl_om_mul_051805.asx

imported_Mark_
19th May 2005, 16:52
After watching the new E3 game footage at GameSpot, I have some doubts regarding the game...

When she grabs a ledge, she sometimes grabs it a few centimeters below the real border. This same thing happens with the bars. :o
In certain scene, someone is shotting at Lara and she doesn't do anything! She should lose health! :D
The ponytail. It sometimes looks weird. :(
She can pass trough walls! This happens when she's rolling on the bar. :confused:

The question is: will all these things be fixed for the final version?

DM3
19th May 2005, 23:05
I hope those things get fixed. Since i don't know exactly ow CD constructs their visuals, I can only guess that these are just some simple alignment issues in how objects relate to each other in the game.

A crack team of sharp eyed beta testers would really help eliminate most all of the stupid stuff we saw in AOD. I'm hoping CD and Eidos know this.

jume
19th May 2005, 23:57
hello

maybe you didnt noticed or even you didnt care about, but i do:

the eyes of our lara in this new model are REALLY OVER MAKED UP, they are too dark, and, lets face it, you are not making up your eyes that hard in real life, even less if you are about to swim and going into dust, all they do is making her have a weird look, even ugly. A little less black around her eyes can make her look good again

the hair top line (not centered), or maybe her head??... i have no really complains at all but, she does not look lara, but anyone else, at least to me, it was much better with AOD
as i said, it can be just the head and not the hair line, it just seems that her head does not belong to that body, this was also better in AOD

on other things, the only i can see for the moment its that the 3d model gets over-iluminated in most of the cases, even when the surroundings are dark, it just looks weird, or maybe its because lara brights by herself?? :p

Acceber
20th May 2005, 08:48
I think sneaky moves are a lot of fun. Those that aren't referred to in the manual, but that you find out by accidentally pressing, oh, say, the walk and jump buttons together. ;) New ones would be cool, but the old ones can't be beaten. I really liked that forward-somersault-off-a-ledge move from Chronicles...

I have only now managed to see a screenshot that shows the beloved handstand! And the trailer showing the beloved swan dive. So, really, I am very happy :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th May 2005, 10:34
I actually like Lara's new make up and hair, but I have to agree - although I wear make-up in every day life, I wouldn't be wearing it if I were running around in the jungle, :eek: I would be! That's just waterproof makeup! :D And I like her new face a lot. She's very pretty.

Sophia Leigh
20th May 2005, 10:50
:eek: I would be! That's just waterproof makeup! :D And I like her new face a lot. She's very pretty.

Yeah, I thought about that after submitting my post - hence I deleted it. I actually wear waterproof mascara when I take my 10 month old son to his waterbabies swimming class (parents have to get in the pool too) :D .

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th May 2005, 10:59
hence I deleted it. Not fast enough, eh? ;) :p

As Lara Croft always seems to prove, you can't please all the people all the time, but I really am happy with what I've seen so far.

I like that she can actually seem to run again, too. I hated the stuck in treacle feeling the last game had when I asked her to RUN!!!! :D The trailers are wonderful. :D

I envy you your swimming time, but not that it is with babies, hehehe ;)

Sophia Leigh
20th May 2005, 11:05
I envy you your swimming time, but not that it is with babies, hehehe ;)

I know exactly what you are saying but its surprisingly fun ;) , its good that the pool is heated too coming into Winter.

jume
20th May 2005, 12:34
[edited]

im sorry if it looked like a complaint, it was not my intention, it is a suggestion, and this is suggestion thread :)

in short words, i suggest to make the model of new lara looks more like lara (aka more beauty and well proportioned)

in the other hand, i suggest to make the bullet effects more realistic, in the way of: if lara got shoot in an arm, that arm should render close to useless until healed properly. Moreover, you cannot heal instantly!! it would be nice that the heal takes time to be completely effective

also, why the bad boys needs 3 or 4 shoots to die and lara 30 40 or more if you have medipacks? i suggest to have more realistic behaviour in that point (a head shoot should kill lara instantly), that will add a lot of challenge when facing an enemy (think first and prepare your strategy), and dont simply run to them shooting til they die, with this, you may even choose to stealth them instead of get engaged in a fight, making the game more variated

CatSuit&Ponytail
20th May 2005, 12:57
Jume, this is the suggestion thread, not the complaint thread. Please remove your last post and post it here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=48560).

Thank you. :)

imported_Mark_
20th May 2005, 13:01
Actually, after watching the new GameSpot TR7 interview the game is really awesome! The only bad thing I find is what I said before and, as Jume said, the over illumination of Lara. That rests points to the realistic atmosphere.

Now, coming to personal tastes, I don't like the "COL ponytail". I think it is really awful and not Lar-ish. I love the one Eidos showed when they presented the new Lara (the same ponytail as AOD).

Herege
21st May 2005, 04:43
A good orchestrated soundtrack, near the resonant effects of the old games would be perfect. I don't want a music with constant looping, I want sharp sounds in a trap scene, without harming my ears. I want a shady atmosphere when it is in a shady place. In the video of three minutes of game, the soundtrack I think very bad, I don't want drummings of Indians if the level is inhabited by creatures or hunters.
A constant action, that does with I don't know if I worry in getting right a jump, to flee of a trap or to kill an enemy. If Lara changes her hair according to a level to other level or during a level, put at least a scene of her undoing the ponytail.
If you will use the same outline of AOD for the levels, use the Stream technology of race games and of some MMORPG, to load the level according to the player's progress, without needing of any loading screen every 5 minutes.

Sorry for my english mistakes

suske
21st May 2005, 09:36
I was very delighted with music in trailer 2 espiacelly when that girl "sings". This cool music could be though whole game, it very inspire...

midroth
22nd May 2005, 01:23
Suggestion/Impression: The rope-to-rope jump seems to have a to big tollerance. I mean how exactly you have to be/to swing for the jump, to grab the other rope.
Further: If Lara dies ("Yeeeeh!") is the game over, not that she is just flicker, occurs some steps away once more and you have all in all 3 tries before game over. Dead is dead.

Maybe you should check it. But, I can be wrong...

CatSuit&Ponytail
22nd May 2005, 10:41
I agree Midroth,
the rope-to-rope jump seems to have a too big tollerance. I mean how exactly you have to be/to swing for the jump, to grab the other rope.

I think it must be stated that Tomb Raider don't want the game handed to them on a silver platter, they want to earn the jumps/runs themselves. :)

As I said in the interview thread;
:confused: This business about "Not lining up your jumps" sorta bothers me. The good thing about Tomb Raider and the two steps back/one jump back in order to make a long jump, was that THE PLAYER is the one who has to finess the jump, not the game engine automatically landing you on the edge..... It took more skill, and if that has been taken away, the new developement team may have missed the beauty of making a jump that had been haunting you for a while...

David 070
22nd May 2005, 18:43
umm,could someone please tell me what tomb raider legend is???? ive been away from lara for a long time,shame on me lol

thks! :D

TheBoo
22nd May 2005, 20:31
Just keep reading other threads in this forum........you'll figure it out. :p

Sophia Leigh
23rd May 2005, 01:39
umm,could someone please tell me what tomb raider legend is???? ive been away from lara for a long time,shame on me lol

thks! :D

The name of TR7 :D

KasigiYabuSama
23rd May 2005, 01:48
I think it's important to separate reality from fantasy, a story from journalism. This is a game, which means it's a fantasy story, not a journalist's report on some factual real-life situation. Have we sunk so far into the sewer of "reality television" that we've lost the capacity for larger-than-life characters?

Realism can be a major element in making a game enjoyable, but if the "realism" makes gameplay a drag or a hassle, then what's happened to the fun, and why bother playing? If I want to watch the news, I'll just...watch the news.

I think the one greatest strength of the Tomb Raider franchise is that all along it's had a near-perfect formulation of story, controls, action and playability. I don't want a game that's so easy it's a waste of time (like those horrible Harry Potter games that EA has released,) but by the same token I don't want a game that's so "real" that it's more frustrating - or worse, mundane - than it is imaginative and fun.

The standard example I use is this: In real life, nobody is able to scale a sheer brick wall on a light growth of moss, much less monkey-swing across the ceiling hanging from it. But Lara Croft does - and what a colossal drag the game would become if "impossible" elements like that were removed because they weren't "realistic"? You'd have one exceedingly boring game.

Despite its multitude of technical flaws, the addition in AOD of the time limit for hanging from one's hands on a ledge or ceiling, was very well done - a new element of realism that didn't detract from the playability of the game.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

To submit my suggestion, there is one overriding thing that I consider more important by several orders of magnitude than any other consideration:

I don't want to have to spend more than a couple minutes getting the game installed, set up and ready to play, to completion, much less do weeks upon weeks of net research and debugging. My oblique reference here is to AOD, just to be perfectly clear.

I think that if you're going to invest millions into the development and production of a new game, you need also to invest in a lab containing maybe 20 or 30 computers - each one having a different OS version on it, from Windows 95 on up to the latest available and every single thing in between including multiple combinations of sound and graphics cards - and make damn sure that the game installs, sets up, and plays all the way through, without a single major technical hitch.

I want to be able to open the package, pull out the disc, put it in the drive, click on "Install," kick back and relax while the game adapts itself to my current OS, sound card, graphics card, Direct X version, and anything else it requires, adjusts all game settings as appropriate - then click on "Play" and do nothing but play until the final scene in the final level.

I don't want to spend one stinking minute doing what the software engineers are being paid to do.

Whaddaya think - Is that too much to ask?

David 070
23rd May 2005, 04:30
ok u asked for suggestions youve got it!!
since i finally figured out what tombraider legend is lol here:

i want:

*a level editor!

*more cool traps,almost like indiana jones,i would love to see lara riding a mine cart with baddies after her lol :)

*cool new moves,how about cartwheels,being able to move her like an acrobat.tumbles,how about being able to
grab a pole and use the momemtum youve built up to flip into a window toward the side?
ive always liked climbing walls with lara,how about making some walls break after theyve been climbed on too much? lol

*did i mention a level editor?

*of course ive always liked the music too,im hoping that that will be excellent as always!

*more drivable vehicles,forklifts,trucks,planes,helicopters,
lol

well i guess thats all i can think of right now,but i just wanted to say thankyou very much! edidos ,crystal dynamics,(whatever u guys call yourselves these days lol)!

thanks for bring lara back!! sincerely ,huge fan of Lara Croft.

GeorgeMaciver
23rd May 2005, 10:16
Realism can be a major element in making a game enjoyable, but if the "realism" makes gameplay a drag or a hassle, then what's happened to the fun, and why bother playing? If I want to watch the news, I'll just...watch the news.

That's what it's all about. Well said. Let's get back to shooting animals too. :D

GeorgeMaciver
23rd May 2005, 10:53
Hey guys, I'd be very wary of this 'replay value' thing. I'm not convinced it's a good strategy. Raiders are always looking for new adventures, and trying to coax them into going back over old ones might not accomplish what you're looking for. Be careful with it. To be honest, I was pissed off with TR3 when I realised there were areas I couldn't get to without replaying the whole thing again. The best replay value you can have is a bonus level for finding all the secrets. Why? Because there is a NEW adventure waiting at the end of it!

Yes, I've replayed all the Tomb Raider games more than twice, some 3 or 4 times or more, but only when I'd run out of Raiding options! You might be better putting your energies into new releases rather than into developing replay value.

:)

midroth
23rd May 2005, 13:31
... Let's get back to shooting animals too. :DGood idea, rats! Noone will miss them...
The replay "thing"...Some people have not the fun/time to play the game twice (Ok, if it's short enough. But a short game we don't like.). A bonus level you can get/play -if you have found all secrets (*Pling!*)- I would think is the better solution.
So far I know they say just in the second "round" you can find all ***. I guess, to show them in the first round is anyhow better. Would make the first round longer.
How ever: To play it a second time is ok. But to have to...?

xbaa
25th May 2005, 22:44
I'm REALLY excited about this new tombraider game it seems like they're trying to set things right and best of all the game is on XBOX :) , so here's a few suggestions:

1)sinc Lara is rich , how about a variety of clothes to choose from before every game its getting very popular in games like in ssx (no that i would like to do anything to get money to buy them)

2)WHAT'S WITH THE HAIR ??! in the Gamepot trailer you can see lara's is a ponytail why? and worst of all , in Play mag. there's a picture of Lara leaving her hair loose (I guess that's what its called) that is even worse than the ponytail! , what's wrong with the braid its a trademark of Lara like the pistols , see what happened in AOD when they took away the pistols? , i hope its just some kind of interaction with the enviroment , anyway moving on...
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/images/tombraiderlegend_mag_02/screen1.jpg
3)Hand-to-hand combat was probably one of the best things ever happened to the series , since TR3 (the first tombraider i've ever played) and i've been wishing that one day Lara will fight (mostly because of that level in Area 51 where Lara hadno weapons for almost the whole level and had to rely on prisoners to get rid of the guards) , in AOD it was very simple but I really liked her triple kick combo i think it was so cool , i hope they can improve that.

4)well , we have to face it , in one way or another Lara will have to visit modern civilised cities , why can't it be like raiding "modern tombs" or something , like the sewers area in AOD or some parts of London in TR3 , you know visit tomb-like places having a lot puzzles and things to do to get through them.

5)I have to say i did enjoy playing with Kurtis (not in a tombraider way) he reminded me of Psi-ops or second sight , I think kurtis has alot of potential to have his own game!

6)I hope they release some info on the supernatural enemies Lara's going to face I really enjoyed fightind dinos (although they aren't that supernatural!)

Note: notice how acronyms for the last revelation and tomb raider legend look alike? TLR TRL funny right?

midroth
27th May 2005, 12:44
Riley Cooper said in an E3 interview:

"... Previous games focused on blocks and switches. Pull a handle here and a door opens elsewhere. Now all the puzzles are relative to the area Lara is in. ..."

Sorry, but... Are not the switches one importand part of the "good ol' Lara games"?
I think, some switches should be in the game! Some - just for fun/tradition.

GeorgeMaciver
27th May 2005, 14:21
Yeah, and there was nothing wrong spending days running around the entire Palace Midas level before you solved it either. Still, CD are exploring and learning and developing and asking questions and listening. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

.chio.
29th May 2005, 04:48
well, it would be nice to have the tomb raider theme back, the one from the first tr games intro, which changed at trlr I think, I mean if superman, indiana jones and star wars have all them got their teams, tomb raider should keep it too.

please, no looping background music, if it can be disabled as in aod then is ok

lara died at trlr, then she appears alive in aod, mmmhh??? no I'm not reading the novel I just like the games.

I liked lara's hair in tr2 and 3 with the braid, specially on the top of her head, then it was changed and appear at the nape of her neck, well this isn't really important but I think I notice quite a strange hair on the trailer. Please keep the braid.

the new lara is really beautiful, please remember she is a classy lady, thank you

star girl
29th May 2005, 15:19
well, it would be nice to have the tomb raider theme back, the one from the first tr games intro, which changed at trlr I think, I mean if superman, indiana jones and star wars have all them got their teams, tomb raider should keep it too.

please, no looping background music, if it can be disabled as in aod then is ok

lara died at trlr, then she appears alive in aod, mmmhh??? no I'm not reading the novel I just like the games.

I liked lara's hair in tr2 and 3 with the braid, specially on the top of her head, then it was changed and appear at the nape of her neck, well this isn't really important but I think I notice quite a strange hair on the trailer. Please keep the braid.

the new lara is really beautiful, please remember she is a classy lady, thank you

Your Welcome

midroth
29th May 2005, 15:32
The Tomb Raider theme is anyhow a MUST! Like for Bond the Bond theme.

Sophia Leigh
30th May 2005, 11:52

Ah - no, Lara DIDN'T DIE at the end of TRLR, she fell and suffered a lot of bruising - nothing more. Its your choice if you don't want to read the Amulet of Power but it is a quick light read and might actually fill in the gaps for you. ;)

GeorgeMaciver
30th May 2005, 12:18
The Amulet of Power sounds like a good title for a level in the next Tomb Raider release.

Herege
30th May 2005, 16:15
In some part of AoD, Lara mentions that she was saved in Egypt. There is a concept art of a character called "Shaman" that would have helped Lara recovering. Some sites have a render version, the character was removed until the compilation of the game.
Legend won't be a continuation or prologue of any other Tomb Raider, the history is on an important part of Lara, the accident in Himalaya for example.
Look at the concept arts in the official site, there is a sketch of a broken airplane...

Sorry for my english mistakes...

moose562
30th May 2005, 21:49
bring back! oh bring back! oh bring back my mansion to me! to me!

Acceber
31st May 2005, 07:28
bring back! oh bring back! oh bring back my mansion to me! to me!

Moose, look here (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=50715&highlight=mansion). :D

moose562
31st May 2005, 15:12
hey acceber! thanks!

how are you keeping! good to see you

midroth
1st Jun 2005, 02:45
The last but not least suggestion:

Let us a "backdoor" open - a cheatcode for the medipacks!

But no "god mode" or all secrets, guns. This cheats are terrible.

.chio.
1st Jun 2005, 16:50
Ah - no, Lara DIDN'T DIE at the end of TRLR, she fell and suffered a lot of bruising - nothing more. Its your choice if you don't want to read the Amulet of Power but it is a quick light read and might actually fill in the gaps for you.

well Mum, I live in Argentina and I don't know where to get the novels here, and I don't own a credit card to get them via internet, if anyone knows where I can buy them HERE, please tell me.

David 070
1st Jun 2005, 18:22
ive always liked everything about tr series!

the cool locations to explore,weapons,new moves and traps,& of course a beautiful heroin to control! lol

i do hope that the ai of the enemys and animals is better!
ive always been disappointed at how easy it was to eliminate the enemys,maybe some kind of easy,medium,hard setting for them???

andyj_07
2nd Jun 2005, 00:39
There is supposed to be a difficulty setting for the game with 3 different difficulty levels.

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Jun 2005, 06:14
i do hope that the ai of the enemys and animals is better!
ive always been disappointed at how easy it was to eliminate the enemys,maybe some kind of easy,medium,hard setting for them???

Ha! Sometimes I like sitting behind a rock or crate and picking off the enemy as they run around in circles. :D It's very therapeutic, hehehe ;) But a difficulty setting is of course the way to go. :)

.chio.
8th Jun 2005, 17:12
I don't want to finish the game in a day or two as usual I would like to solve some difficult puzzles :D the early games did had some interesting ones!

imported_mike_g
10th Jun 2005, 19:54
Thanks for your feedback here. I've been collating it, and reporting it to my colleagues here in Eidos-SF and at Crystal D. Keep it coming!

midroth
10th Jun 2005, 20:31
Thanks for asking us.

Sophia Leigh
11th Jun 2005, 11:40
well Mum, I live in Argentina and I don't know where to get the novels here, and I don't own a credit card to get them via internet, if anyone knows where I can buy them HERE, please tell me.

Maybe you could ask whoever you buy the games from. Also, I think you can register on Ebay (www.ebay.com) without a credit card if you have a bank account. :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
12th Jun 2005, 10:11
I've been collating it...
Oooooooooo I'd like to see that! :D It must be a very confused and contradictory little write up! :D ;)

Thanks for passing on our ideas. We all only want the best for Lara Croft, our favourite Tomb Raider. :)

xbaa
19th Jun 2005, 16:19
I think it would be great to have a next-generation "classic" Lara costume to unlock in the game

Sophia Leigh
20th Jun 2005, 01:15
If Eidos are really paying attention to this thread PLEASE RELEASE THIS GAME THROUGHOUT THE WORLD AT THE SAME TIME, PLEASE DON'T MAKE SOME COUNTRIES WAIT LONGER THAN OTHERS.

§m¤k€¥
20th Jun 2005, 12:06
Secrets, with the same kind of chimes noise as in Tombraiders 1-5

No controlled conversations. I thought it was really pointless the way you could choose what Lara said, and it just slowed the game down.

No FMVs. Graphics in consoles have gotten to a point where games look better when using in game graphics rather than FMVs.

To be able to customise the controls on the console version.

The return of the passport as a save/load/new game option.

Bring back the same kind of inventory system as the previous tombraiders (excluding 4-6's), but to have it as in depth as 4 and 5's (with combine, different ammo etc).

Level Editor to be included, since I very much doubt you will use the graphic engine again with the new consoles on the way.

§m¤k€¥
20th Jun 2005, 12:08
also make Lara the ONLY controllable character. I thought the way you controlled the man in Angel of Darkness was really stupid (and I stopped playing the game when I got up to there), and has made it to be the only tomb raider game I haven't completed (yes I have even completed the Gold series).

linden
24th Jun 2005, 11:53
Oh let there be a reasonable SAVING/LOADING system, and not the one like in Legacy Of Kain: Defiance, where you have to first QUIT the game and then load a saved game, which will take you back in the beginning (at least in PC version).

Oh let there be an option to choose the Classic Tomb Raider direction keys (PC) to use besides the ones in LOK, where you cant turn the character around by using direction keys or make side steps, and where forward is always forward, no matter where the camera points.

Oh let there be the good old LOOK button, and not just the option to look around with mouse.

Oh let it be a Tomb Raider and not just like any other game that comes and goes.

CatSuit&Ponytail
26th Jun 2005, 13:25
Oh let there be a reasonable SAVING/LOADING system, and not the one like in Legacy Of Kain: Defiance, where you have to first QUIT the game and then load a saved game, which will take you back in the beginning (at least in PC version).

Oh let there be an option to choose the Classic Tomb Raider direction keys (PC) to use besides the ones in LOK, where you cant turn the character around by using direction keys or make side steps, and where forward is always forward, no matter where the camera points.

Oh let there be the good old LOOK button, and not just the option to look around with mouse.

I say, it's nice to see someone else who would rather have forward BE forward. :D I don't like the new ways designers come up with to control how a character moves, like in Catwoman and Stolen and LOK : -D where you can't make precision movements in exactly the direction you want, only flail around until the character ends up where you need him to be.....if ever. :rolleyes:

I thought Galleon was wonderful for having a completely logical and easy movement system, but the sad thing was that they had to explain the most simple direction concepts (ie: forward means forward) to the kids who have only had dumb controls on the new games! :rolleyes:

linden
26th Jun 2005, 15:09
WOW Finally someone agrees with me.
Thanks CatSuit&Ponytail for saying that :)
I tried to play the exact games, Catwoman and LOK and they were exactly like you said: run around the rooms until the character accidently ends up where you need him to be :mad:

WraithStar
26th Jun 2005, 17:19
First on my list is a save-anywhere, load-anywhere system like in the previous TR games for PC. One of my favorite things about TR was being able to save whenever I wanted, get myself killed doing something idiotic, and then load and find myself exactly where I saved.

When I pick up an item, I want the little icon to flash in the corner showing me what I just picked up. This feature was in TR2 but disappeared from the later games. It was quite annoying to see a pile of stuff on the floor, pick it up, and then have to sift through my inventory to see what I just got.

I want the ability to define my own keys for the PC version.

Also in the PC version I want all of the cheat codes to work. I remember with TR3 I found codes to get the secrets on the PS version of the game but I couldn't find any for the PC version:(

I would like some control over the camera. Is it confirmed that Legend will be using the Defiance camera? I love Defiance but the camera definitely posed some problems in terms of controlling the character. Some of the camera angles were such that none of the directional keys corresponded to where the character had to go next. Also, there was an issue that made moving blocks very difficult. Moving a block by tapping a certain direction twice would often result in the character moving the block back and forth. This was tolerable in Defiance where there were only 2 block puzzles I can remember. In TR, however, I would imagine this glitch would become very problematic.

I miss block puzzles. There should be some in the next game (but not so many that it becomes overly repetitive). A few switch-opens-door puzzles would be alright but I like the sound of the environment-based puzzles much better :D

From the trailers and some other threads here it looks like everything else I can think of (mansion, tropical environments, tombs, the weapons, and the exploration) are taken care of :)

2awesome4apossum
1st Jul 2005, 17:21
I know that many TR Veterans may hate me for saying this, but I had quite a nice discussion about it the other day on another forum, and we all seemed to agree that under certain circumstances that a TR multiplayer mode would be awesome.

Now, you'd want it more subtle than a "battle against your friends!!!!!11one" mode, it had probably better be either a co-op game (which would need to be DIFFERENT from the main game), and there's no way that we could live with two Lara's on the screen, better make Lara and then another character. For PC players give them the option of using the same keyboard, because it'd just plain suck if you HAD to have a network of computers.

Anyway, I know it's prolly not going to happen, but I wish it would.

xbaa
3rd Jul 2005, 10:59
I hope they enhance the combat\shooting system because it was terrible in all of the tomb raider games , it is really hard to dodge bullets and attacks by jumping and running around and when she comes in contact with someone (or something) she behaves really weird and makes it impossible to shoot , AOD shooting system was probably the best where she is focused on the enemy and can easily avoid his attacks also how you can switch between enemies was great and much better than the manual shooting system in 4&5

cjhilljack
8th Jul 2005, 06:05

1) The Character

2) The Levels

Conclusion:

Wow, I haven't been here in AGES, but one day, I checked the official TombRaider site and discovered the upcoming Legend so I thought it was time to check in here! I am SO looking forward to finally having a new Lara to play!

I agree fully with George here - please bring back some of the Lara Croft staples along with the more familiar inventory/menu system. I missed them so much. I agree with all the comments I have seen about bigger, more explorative levels and bring back the puzzles! They have long been my favorite part of TR and what, for me, sets it apart from all the other games out there!

Lara has always been a very independent gal, so I say scrap the companions too! I'd like to see TR get back to the type of adventures we saw in TR1, TR2 & Last Revelation. Give me tombs, give me sand, give me ancient places to kick around in and lots of options. I am also real big on sticking pretty much to her original moves with minor additions from game to game like when she started climbing ropes, swinging on poles and tight-rope walking!

All said - I can't WAIT for the new game!

whitemetal
8th Jul 2005, 12:48
Well i guess one of my main concern is i don't want to have to upgrade to the latest hardware and or PC to be able to enjoy Legend on my PC. I would think that the systems requirement should be around the likes of TRAOD. I know many think that bigger and faster is better but that dosn't always equal quality, keep it simple, keep it fun

§m¤k€¥
9th Jul 2005, 06:24
Then I suggest you get the Xbox 360 as it will run perfectly on that, and it would be cheaper than to upgrade your PC ;)

Angel of Darkness was just simply horrible graphics wise.

cjhilljack
13th Jul 2005, 22:09
One of the best parts of playing TR was figuring out what it takes to make the jumps and getting the timing down. It's one of the biggest factors that makes TR such a challenge. It would definately ruin it for me if the system suddenly took over this process and made it foolproof.

We definately need to see a return of puzzles and switches. With regards to Lara's hair - I'm not sure what is wrong with her having a ponytail except that she used to have a braid. I prefer the braid - but either one makes sense for someone like Lara. Anyone who's ever had long hair knows what a pain it can be when you're trying to do something physical - always getting in the way and such.

I don't really care about picking Lara's outfits either, it's hardly relative to actual gameplay but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see her change outfits occassionally from one phase of the game to another ala TRII & TRIII.

I also don't care a whole lot about hand to hand combat - a little would be ok as long as it's not at the expense of any of Lara's original skills.

What I'm really looking for in any TR game is that it BE a TR GAME! I don't want Resident Evil, or Full Metal Gear or Tekken. I want Tomb Raider! I just want to see the game go back to it's roots and stay there.

EvilNessCroft
15th Jul 2005, 00:02
This game is gonna be awesome! :D
I so can't to buy it! and play it! :p
I have nothing to say really, cuz from what a can see, the game looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

maybe this: Don't change her hair! :( her braid is her trade mark!
the ponytail looks great but don't keep it in the whole game!

and thanks for asking our suggestions! ;)

Herege
15th Jul 2005, 05:24
For the that I observed in the footage of 6 minutes, the shadows in the map are static, the engine uses some different technique from Pixel Shaders to do the characters' shadows. I know that Eidos intends to turn the game easy to work in any low-end PC in case the game is a failure but please, don't put the translucent black textures as shadows in the scenery and use Pixel Shader to turn the quality good. It is horrible to play LoK:Defiance slower than Half-Life 2 because CD used other effects for the game be accessible...
If possible, use High Dynamic Range images as textures to turn the game most beautiful and realist.

David 070
15th Jul 2005, 20:18
more suggestions:

maybe about 10 different cool moves Lara can do & make them secret so the player has to find out about them.i played tr for 2 years before i found out about the roll in the dive or the handstand!!

*lots & lots of cutscenes!maybe even with animals,like a tiger jumps out of the trees & Lara dodges its attack lol
or walking through a swamp and monkeys walk all around u etc lol

*lots & lots & lots of different vehicles!!!!!!!!!! i love the vehicles!!

*flamethrower lol

*more underwater rooms!

*more secrets!

*level editor

*& last of all,different moves...
grabbing onto bar,and doing flip like in gymnastics (where they hang on to the bar and keep flipping on it to gain momenum.
make tightrope walking harder,it was too easy in chronicles to not fall off.
front ninja flip,where you can flip your whole body real quick forward(hard to describe--the head kind of stays in one place and the body flips forward fast ==would look cool!

thanks also for asking for suggestions!!!

thats it ;)

xbaa
15th Jul 2005, 22:39
One of the things I'd like to see in this game is a bit more logic , I mean that one of the things that really bothered me with TR is how obvious the undiscovered tombs are , didn't anyone before Lara notice a bunch of switches and movable blocks lying around before? the hidden place behind the waterfall in the trailer makes it seems obvious why it wasn't discovered before , so I hope the rest of the game also makes sense.

EvilNessCroft
16th Jul 2005, 00:20
Yes! Like David 070 said; a lots and a lots of cutscens! and FMVs!! :D this is so cool!

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Jul 2005, 07:02
maybe this: Don't change her hair! :( her braid is her trade mark!
the ponytail looks great but don't keep it in the whole game!

Hey, maybe they will do a FMV of her putting it in a braid. :D ;)

EvilNessCroft
16th Jul 2005, 15:21
:) that would be great! :thumbsup:

David 070
16th Jul 2005, 18:08
ok this is my absolute last reply here. lol

i really dont like how you guys at cd are trying to make Lara older as time passes by!! leave her the same age!! i dont like the thought of her getting old! i want her to stay young and beautiful! old is ugly!! lol

anyway its your character,just think about mario or superman.. the creators of these characters dont make there characters age..

later ;)

EvilNessCroft
16th Jul 2005, 19:48
If they could keep the same voice of Lara, it would be great! :)
My fav was the one in TR 4-5-AOD I think her name is Jonell Eliott.

what about you guys? :D would you like one of her old voice, or a totally new one?..

Sophia Leigh
17th Jul 2005, 03:46
If they could keep the same voice of Lara, it would be great! :)
My fav was the one in TR 4-5-AOD I think her name is Jonell Eliott.

what about you guys? :D would you like one of her old voice, or a totally new one?..

I agree, keep the same voice as TR4-5-6 !!! I also really like the FMVs and get really excited when I get to one. I think I've said all this before but I also hope they have the story so far... like in TR2 & TR3.

jimmie66666
19th Jul 2005, 03:00
if anything i think the crew should use Tomb raider II as a platform for inspiration and ideas.

1) BRING BACK laras house AND the OLD butler, he was hilarious.
2) include many hidden secrets for use to discover
3) ACTION ACTION AND MORE ACTION, i dont want to kill a group of pour innocent monkeys or dinosaurs - i want to fire laras bullets into bad guyz.
4) get rid of all the technological crap you guyz have provided for lara, shes not working for the CIA people shes a TOMB RAIDER remember that.
5) create Great realistic scenery
6) create challenging FUN levels, i really enjoyed the snow stage in tombraider II where she was on a snow mobile and she was being chased over that narrow ice bridge. And what was even more brilliant, was that once i wasted the bad guy chasing Lara i got to ride round in hes vehicle which had machine guns strapped onto it.
7) let us explore Laras life, let us Empathize with her.
8) saving the game, make it simple.
9) when playing earlier tomb raider games i was scared to turn a corner because i wasnt sure what to expect. Then playing the later games i didnt feel that fear, its was boring.

thats all for now.

Legend
19th Jul 2005, 14:59
Since they have redesigned Lara I'd like her to have a new voice for a new beginning. :p

Nybis
20th Jul 2005, 08:31
Mansion: Yes. bring back please. I always liked tp play around there to clear my head when I got stuck somewhere in the game.

Exploration:It should be a big part of the game. It what made the old games so special. I never get sick of them.

Aquatic levels: They were always my favourite. I loved the sunken ship in TR2.

Anyways. I'm not worried at all. I'm sure Crystal Dynamics will do a good job. Just as they did on the Legacy of Kain series. I love that game series.
And from what I've seen of TR Legend so far I'm ipressed.

Although Lara did need an attitude adjustment from AOD. Whisecrack remarks, yes. But she should not be rude.

John Carter
20th Jul 2005, 11:49
Although Lara did need an attitude adjustment from AOD. Whisecrack remarks, yes. But she should not be rude.

I agree completely. Wisecracking wit is certainly not the same thing as rudeness. The AOD writing team had gone to the lowest common denominator in some things based on their perception of what was "Hollywood cool" at the time. Hollywood hasn't really been cool since the early 1960's. Rudeness is never cool, and is never a substitute for a stylishly strong personality. Rudeness is a sign of stupidity and weakness, and Lara is neither weak nor stupid.

SMSL
20th Jul 2005, 12:37
But, then again, if I recall it well, Lara wouldn't be rude, unless the player would deliberatedly choose it so, and, generally, the consequences on her being rude would be less favorable to the player than the ones on her being polite, so... :)

Nybis
21st Jul 2005, 08:06
The important thing is that Lara may be a strong independant woman who deosn't take crap from no one. But she's still a woman, and a Laby at that.
She should conduct her self accordingly.

Yes. In the conversations in AOD the rudeness was a choice you could make. But in my opinion it shouldn't have been there at all. It didn't fit into the Lara persona at all.

SMSL
21st Jul 2005, 12:17
Though she can kill everything in her way without looking back, eh... :rolleyes:

David 070
22nd Jul 2005, 18:38
sorry i said i wouldnt reply here again but have to change my mind.lol

someone said dont have anymore technical stuff on lara, i completely disagree, i want more and more technical weapons,equipment etc etc lol

also i saw the latest screens & i see youve added flipping on a bar yes!!! thanks for doing this!!!!

just few more suggestions:

*breakable walls ,they can be climbed once but not again

*knives,you can throw at the enemy

*more movable objects

*last,more things to interact with,pcs,switches, etc etc

*also,i think you should make it where lara cant carry everything including the kitchen sink lol.
so the player has to drop some items.

thats all ,later ;)

sunshinne83
26th Jul 2005, 12:59
Does anyone know why the fan kit doesn't work for me on the web site?

I have tried from a few different computers and nothing seems to work.
:(

Sophia Leigh
26th Jul 2005, 14:06
Does anyone know why the fan kit doesn't work for me on the web site?

I have tried from a few different computers and nothing seems to work.

Have you unzipped the file?

romi_savate
28th Jul 2005, 11:36
One thing that confused me was why Eidos and CD needed to change Lara's face... Even if they did it to make things more realistic because she would change with time and so on, they didn't do it well. This new Lara has nothing to do with the Lara we all know and love! Did she go to a plastic surgeon after AOD? Please, work more on her facial features! This is anyone else but Lara Croft. Of course I agree that some improvement of her face is necessary, cause it looked quite rough sometimes, but this is way too much... And her hair, too... bring back her braid, i doubt she has just walked out of the studio of her hairstylist, especially when she is in the middle of an acient tomb.

romi_savate
28th Jul 2005, 11:40
One thing that confused me was why Eidos and CD needed to change Lara's face... Even if they did it to make things more realistic because she would change with time and so on, they didn't do it well. This new Lara has nothing to do with the Lara we all know and love! Did she go to a plastic surgeon after AOD? Please, work more on her facial features! This is anyone else but Lara Croft. Of course I agree that some improvement of her face is necessary, cause it looked quite rough sometimes, but this is way too much... And her hair, too... bring back her braid, i doubt she has just walked out of the studio of her hairstylist, especially when she is in the middle of an acient tomb. And keep the voice from the last TRs too, too much change is not that good.
Appart from that everything else looks so, but soo cool! Her movements are just the best :rolleyes: ! I can't wait to start this new adventure with Lara!

Sophia Leigh
29th Jul 2005, 10:44
Lara's face isn't that different, it has just evolved with technology. In each game Lara is a little better. Take a look at these comparisons.

AOD & Legend
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/Sophia_Leigh/comparison.jpg

AOD & Chronicles
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b99/Sophia_Leigh/chronaod.png

Lara probably changed more from Chronicles to AOD.

David 070
30th Jul 2005, 21:27
this is not really a suggestion but an idea & i hope cd is reading this :)

im hopiing legend will have some part of the game where u can be young lara,& please make her look very good like older lara :)

it would be fun to play as the younger lara too. ;)

Xxx_Lara_xxX
19th Aug 2005, 23:36
hee hee Dave...

here are my suggestions, as a TR fan since 1997:

1. Daredevil, adventurous, life-or-death FMV sequences
All (save one) of the TR1 FMVs included scenes where Lara took a bold, creative chance and risked/cheated death -- jumping off a platform whilst shooting wolves, disarming a huge, muscular man, swan diving off a mountain most likely to her death, diving off a motorcycle into the ocean and then becoming an enemy ship stowaway... brilliant!! In comparison, AOD - I can't think of a single FMV where she did anything even remotely as daring, life-threatening or original.

2. Don't make dead enemies fade and disappear
That totally ruins the realism! Its a sudden reminder - oh this is just a game after all... dead people evaporate into thin air

3. Use sound effects to cause suspense/ anxiety when enemies are nearby
There were few things as totally scary in TR1-2 as when you would hear some horrific moaning sound and become literally frightened thinking 'where is it!? where is it?!' Especially if realism has been preserved throughout the game players feel like their job is to protect Lara and look ahead for danger -- in real life things don't just jump out at you, you usually hear growling or leaves rustling or something beforehand, which adds tremendously to the fear factor, and in TR1, the mummy/wolves growling was unnaturally adrenaline-inducing

4. Atmosphere of loneliness and solitude
Only TR1 managed this well. The idea that lara's guide has been killed and she is all alone exploring this undiscovered, dead civilization of vast crumbling caverns is unusual compared to most urban shoot-em-up games out there and a true TR characteristic

5. ****The camera angle following behind her!!!***
Okay, this is just my extreme pet peeve. But I feel compelled to point it out because of AOD. When the camera looks down on Lara from an elevated vantage point (AOD), we see her back and the floor. When the camera follows behind her from waist level or lower (TR1-2) we see her running and the expansiveness of the ceiling and sky in the background. AOD seemed particularly small and limited precisely because the looking-down camera angle emphasizes the floor layout, rather than an upward-facing camer which would show a figure running through a vast landscape of immense scale. The real-time nature of the camera following closely behind her as if tied on a rope, and optionally following her head movements, also made you feel like you were literally in the game if you played it long enough. So, occassional vantage or fixed camera views are nice, but please let the camera follow behind her in real-time like the original TR for the other 99% of the game

6. Murderous Lara vs Self-Defense Lara
Slowly as the TR games progressed, Lara changed from someone who would only kill animals or those people who directly threatened her life, into a girl on a murdering rampage. The first one was much more realistic and justifiable, again, you could think it was a real girl and not just a violent character.

7. Realism
I really hope that realism is maintained whenever possible, and Crystal D. doesn't intentionally destroy the realistic atmosphere with flickering bodies or irrational scenarios. In the last game, at one point Lara identifies a type of writing she has never seen before on a stone stellae, then cuts through this precious artifact with two giant saws to break an air conditioning vent in the ceiling. It totally ruined any and all realism because 1. archaeologists protect and study artifacts, not destroy them deliberately and 2. the scenario/puzzle was inherently illogical

8. A modern aristocrat's mansion
As a woman with wealth, I hope CD will add fabulously expensive features to the mansion decor rather than stereotypical gilded chandeliers and other fluff. It has been my perception that people with money want to seem exclusive, and have unique decorating tastes for things like suspended fireplaces, custom sculptures, fine art pieces, or large centerpiece historical furniture pieces.

(Haute couture) wardrobe!
Please add a feature where we are able to find Lara's wardrobe and change outfits, or find unlockable outfits.
In the tradition of The Face article which came out in the 90's, I also hope that in addition to Jeep sponsorship/placement, you might also get Prada, Marc Jacobs, Versace, J. Mendel, Gucci etc. sponsorship and let us have the option to dress her in runway clothes. Top and shorts by day, Versace evening wear by night! At least, that is what I wore when I was a debutante, and it seemed very feminine and Lara-like to me then

I also really love the ponytail too :thumbsup: Pls tell Toby I am so happy he is working on this again because none of the other games even came close to the original :D ... These are just my suggestions from a longtime fan :)

Godfather
24th Aug 2005, 10:42
Then I suggest you get the Xbox 360 as it will run perfectly on that, and it would be cheaper than to upgrade your PC ;)

How does it work ... an Xbox? Do you simply link your Xbox to your computer screen and play with the keyboard or what, please?

thx

Bye for now

GoranAgar
24th Aug 2005, 10:54
You can't possibly be serious.

One usually connects his game console to a TV-set and uses the game pad that comes with it to control the game.

foxybunny
25th Aug 2005, 21:30
dinosaurs in isolated TR1 style levels
TR1 style levels
wolves, leopards etc
no boring human style levels, the odd bad guy like in TR1 was ok
similar TR1 puzzles
lots of water
friendly animals like grazing horses and stuff to make the surroundings pretty - esp. funny if lara points her guns and u jump, then realise its a friend ha
definately the classic handstand, swan dive moves etc
TR1 music
i liked the medi packs just lying in isolated areas next to a skelton
Orca's in TR3, scenery like coastal ruins in TR4, absolutely loved those levels

oooh i just have to go play tombraider 1 now!! :rolleyes:

Xxx_Lara_xxX
28th Aug 2005, 01:19
4) get rid of all the technological crap you guyz have provided for lara, shes not working for the CIA people shes a TOMB RAIDER remember that.

9) when playing earlier tomb raider games i was scared to turn a corner because i wasnt sure what to expect. Then playing the later games i didnt feel that fear, its was boring.

thats all for now.

Harshly put, but two really good points! :rolleyes: Since when do "tomb" raiders invade submarines, apartment buildings and military bases? Actually, one of the things I miss most is the feeling of entering a crumbling, ancient city from a time when there was lots of menial laborers available to make things like detailed mosaics -- did any TR other than TR1 have an underwater mosaic?

Laraman
28th Aug 2005, 01:43

Have you seen real archaeologists and 'Tomb Raiders'? They have very advanced technology with them when working at ancient digs. Why shouldn't Lara have that technology as well?

Xxx_Lara_xxX
29th Aug 2005, 15:25
AS long as they don't do a repeat of the batwings/ bat hang glider thing from TRC I'll be happy. Ie the switch roofs thing. That was just ridiculous spy technology for an archaelogist.

laraCroft Winner
1st Sep 2005, 18:09
it would be cool to have a tomb raider legend room editor so you can make your own tomb raider legend levels like tr5 deadly if there was a pony in it aslo like to see a motrobike in mansion aslo in game levels aslo to be able to get out of her gate and advancher out side a bit to get used to it i would like aslo to see more tombs but i realy hate scary ones that have ghosts in it and maybe a a few more levels then 8 like to see lots of fmvs and more give more story line to get more people intrasted edios and crystal dymatics and maybe toby god could draw some more pics of tr legend like the time in leath and loaded cd

total_inferno
3rd Sep 2005, 22:55
Regarding the head set.

When I first heard of a headset being implemented I thought 'This is so casual gamers will find the game more appealing, a dumbed down version of the REAL Tomb Raider.

Please have an option to disable the headset option.

Do not go overkill on the headset;

Eg.1

Lara enters a deep dark tomb and begins walking down a pathway

Lara this is a dark deep tomb take caution there are enemeis around, try to shoot them.

I got it thanks comm.

Now it seems the enemies are located behind that pillar try charging in

Are you telling me how to do my job?

Ok, now slowly take out your pistols and using the analog sticks....

Well, ok I know that was probablly far too exgaterated but I'd much rather this happen.

Eg.2

Lara enters a dark and gloomy cave, she proceeds down the stairs only to find a few mythilogical creatures she aims and kills them.

The enemies keep coming back to life, and lara is beggning to pounder weather it's possible to kill them.

After a few tries Lara contacts Headquarters.

These Demons won't die no matter how much I blast at them!!

Hmm, well Lara they could be OMGBBQ Demons, I know there are other ways to kill them... Hmm Look around Lara, I'll contact you back!

:p

Regarding Enemies.

From all the Trailers and screenshots I've seen, they've all been humans. Let's bring back the enemies of nature and have Lara's killer instinct kick back in :thumbsup:

The Mansion

Incorperating the Masnion into the ACUTAL game would be not too bad of an idea :)

I know there will be a seperate mansion 'Lara's home' level, but perhaps adding it into the game like in TR2?

Conclusion

Those are my thoughts for now I'll add more to this post later.

Keep up the good work CD!

jimmie66666
8th Sep 2005, 01:59
guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns guns

i forgot about mentioning them, introduce a new line of weaponry however keep some of the old like the uzies, revolver, shotgun, and a rocket launcher is a MUST.lol or maybe not.
As i progressed through the levels of earlier tombraider games, discovering new wepons really got me excited. It felt so good using the revolver, i love the revolver, let her have a revolver.

Technology? what i meant was, dont include any spy gadgets n all that, and Lara work alone i dont need anyone telling her what to do over some communication device.
KEEP HER UNIFORM SIMPLE, the less the better :D however, i would like to see her costume change, but not into a navy seals uniform or anything like that. CASUAL WARDROBE, what would she be wearing on the job and off the job. Maybe a few evening gowns as well.

SOUNDTRACK- love the music, especially the theme song for TR 2 - beautifull. maybe compose something similiar- very similiar, hell just bring that tune back its great.

BOAT STAGE- let her have some fun, let me have some fun. Give Lara a small luxury speed boat throw in a couple of ramps. Maybe a scene where she directs the boat in high speed towards a building then she leaps off the boat up into the air grabs onto a rope and swings into the building through a glass mosaic window- then do a dive roll and shoot some bad guyz- very cool! or she could just stay on the boat and drive it through the window over a ramp. (like thats scene in TM2 but let the boat land on dry ground). i like it when lara surprises the enemy and sprays them with bullets very nice.

Acceber
11th Sep 2005, 17:53
I hope the secret designing process is going well. Here's one I (partly) made earlier, and look, I even kept the dragon design of TR2 for you.... ;) :D

http://www.btinternet.com/~drakanraided/torturetomb.jpg

Light relief is served with tea and shortbread today. :)

PetertheGreat
14th Sep 2005, 06:45
Please make Lara's breasts bigger!! Am I the only person here who thinks her breasts are too subtle, almost deliberately minimized? The 3D model looks great, her curves and her bottom have improved a lot--but her breasts! I enjoyed Tomb Raider 2 the most (out of the series) simply because it was it was a pleasure to see her in all her voluptuous glory. All I ask is that her breasts be upgraded to at least their TR2 levels--double D-cup would be ideal, but C-cup may be the compromise. C'mon, there is no shame in making her breasts big again. After they shrank Lara's breasts in TR4, I lost my interest in the series. I hope I am not alone in my general opinion here--that Lara's breasts should be enlarged back to their original bustiness. With majority support, we may just succeed in convincing the developers to address this issue. Peace.

-Peter the Great

GoranAgar
14th Sep 2005, 07:42
What a sad picture/story.

CatSuit&Ponytail
14th Sep 2005, 08:49
Well, I also don't like that her figure is always tampered with, dimension-wise, because it sort of sends a message that her breasts were the only thing that people cared about. It says that most people thought they were too big, so we'll change her to match the comfort level of the masses. I extrapolate that, and see the very real surgeries very real women feel they need to achieve an ideal, and that makes me sad. If in the beginning, the public was told, "women come in all shapes and sizes, and this happens to be one of them. Deal with it." could things have changed? I doubt it. Because some people will always focus on a small part of the anatomy and ignore the woman to whom it is just a part. To those who think Lara's hourglass figure is impossible, well, it isn't, just as The Penguin's roundish figure is not impossible.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon3.gif That having been said, the different underwear women have access to can change the way they look dramatically in one outfit or another, so if it bothers you that Lara is not as busty as before, try imagining that she has more binding sport-bra underwear on, and is just as buxum as she ever was when she sleeps at night. Trust me when I say that she'd be more comfortable running and jumping in that sports-bra, so give the girl a break.

Psychopompador
14th Sep 2005, 12:48
or you can play the game itself instead of oogling some polygons on a video game character in a virtual world.

it's a game, dude.

PetertheGreat
15th Sep 2005, 01:00
People, in the interest of the masses, let us increase her breast size back. And make them jiggle and bounce when she runs and jumps like in the DoA series. Whose with me now! You know you like it!

If there are no supporters, I will conjecture that the feminist interest groups have really succeeded quite spectacularly in emasculating the emerging generations of middle-class males. Difficult to objectify a female heroine when it feels right to worship her instead and treat her with kitten-gloves. lol...

David 070
15th Sep 2005, 06:57
Please make Lara's breasts bigger!! Am I the only person here who thinks her breasts are too subtle, almost deliberately minimized? The 3D model looks great, her curves and her bottom have improved a lot--but her breasts! I enjoyed Tomb Raider 2 the most (out of the series) simply because it was it was a pleasure to see her in all her voluptuous glory. All I ask is that her breasts be upgraded to at least their TR2 levels--double D-cup would be ideal, but C-cup may be the compromise. C'mon, there is no shame in making her breasts big again. After they shrank Lara's breasts in TR4, I lost my interest in the series. I hope I am not alone in my general opinion here--that Lara's breasts should be enlarged back to their original bustiness. With majority support, we may just succeed in convincing the developers to address this issue. Peace.

-Peter the Great

hahahhaahha :) :D

get a girlfriend playah :)

Mangar The Dark
15th Sep 2005, 12:50
http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon3.gif That having been said, the different underwear women have access to can change the way they look dramatically in one outfit or another, so if it bothers you that Lara is not as busty as before, try imagining that she has more binding sport-bra underwear on, and is just as buxum as she ever was when she sleeps at night. Trust me when I say that she'd be more comfortable running and jumping in that sports-bra, so give the girl a break.

Or, maybe she was just stuffing her bra in the previous games.

Anyway, the whole obsession with Lara's body is kind of sad. I mean, jeez, it's a fricken' video game character! What's next? Mario wearing a codpiece?

Xxx_Lara_xxX
15th Sep 2005, 17:24
If there are no supporters, I will conjecture that the feminist interest groups have really succeeded quite spectacularly in emasculating the emerging generations of middle-class males. Difficult to objectify a female heroine when it feels right to worship her instead and treat her with kitten-gloves. lol...

That is quite possibly the saddest thing I have ever read. Did you somehow miss the beach ball projectile boingy bouncing AOD?! easily the worst game in the series, so um. Despite bugs, animation flaws, and nonsensical puzzles the AOD people managed to give her perfect jiggle animations but it will take more than boobs to win back thousands of former TR fans

But this is a suggestions thread. So your suggestion is that Lara needs bigger boobs. Okay.

PetertheGreat
16th Sep 2005, 01:04
Ok, I have a better suggestion. Leave Lara the way she is for the official game release (thereby pleasing the anti-busty critics), and add an easter egg or cheat that will allow the real players to activate a bustier model of Lara. Simple, fair, and everyone's happy. Yes, I agree! I hope there is still enough time to implement this.

David 070, thanks for the support! Finally someone with a sense of humor!

Touche' Xxx-Lara, but your name belies your pity for me. XXX? hmm... Anyways, what are you talking about for AoD? My computer was too slow to play that game at the time--maybe I should go back to investigate. Beach ball projectile bouncy thing? Do tell!

-Peter da Great :D

p.s. - Of course the game isn't just about the breasts. I like the puzzles and exotic locales too, so it doesn't make sense to label me as a single-minded pervert and discredit my position. Shouldn't it already be a given that we all like the Tomb Raider series here, why else would we be so active on the forums? Most of the constructive posts here already cover most of my other gripes, so I feel no need to mention them. I am focusing on a single topic: her breasts, to call due attention to it.

PetertheGreat
16th Sep 2005, 02:36
My God, this whole sad theme started with people reading GoranAger's comment. He wasn't even talking about my post, he was talking about the post with the picture above me. Buncha lemmings. :rolleyes:

Sophia Leigh
16th Sep 2005, 02:41
My God, this whole sad theme started with people reading GoranAger's comment. He wasn't even talking about my post, he was talking about the post with the picture above me. Buncha lemmings. :rolleyes:

I really don't see what Goran's post has to do with other people's posts :cool:

Trinity34
16th Sep 2005, 02:51
So catsuit are you saying Lara should go back to her figure from the older games?

PetertheGreat
16th Sep 2005, 03:53
Mum, I am speaking in an American context. GoranAger's "sad" comment unintentionally setting the tone and example for others on how to respond to my post!:

CatSuit&PonyTail: "I extrapolate that, and see the very real surgeries very real women feel they need to achieve an ideal, and that makes me sad."

Mangar the Dark: "Anyway, the whole obsession with Lara's body is kind of sad. I mean, jeez, it's a fricken' video game character!"

XXx_Lara_xXX: "That is quite possibly the saddest thing I have ever read. Did you somehow miss the beach ball projectile boingy bouncing AOD?!"

GoranAgar
16th Sep 2005, 05:27
Instead of blaming me you might want to realize that virtual boobage obsession is something we are not too fond of around here.

But this is a suggestions thread. So your suggestion is that Lara needs bigger boobs. Okay.
Next.

laraCroft Winner
17th Sep 2005, 00:03
Aod Sucked.My Favrote Is Tr1 Tr2 And Tr3.Cause it seemed to have some thing to it.that hooked me on to it.Of course i liked toby gards drawings. sceen in letal and loaded dvd. but Bring Back Sturf like the hilmays and make it feel real.try to give it a big round horizn.More Space. And At Laras Home Do something like the sims.let her use the frige.and like take a shower.and blure it.so nobody can see her privites.and use toliet and blure that to.and be able to watch the tv.with the tech team.and be able to talk to the team.and course bring laras home back. and please gives us the a new tomb raider level editor.that you used to crate tomb raider legend.cause im tired of using chroincles on. i even made a tr legend remake ouffit.on www.freewebs.com/laranice the ouffit will be there.and to use it go to. www.trsearch.com.download wad meger beta if you dont have it. :thumbsup:

Legendary Lara Croft
19th Sep 2005, 18:17
The water in tomb raider legend should look great, I want to see some nice swimming movements, also Lara having waverunner, I love swimming in Tomb Raider. Also please make a lot of varios outfits, what about classic tomb raider outfit? More interaction with the environment, including things in her house, I hope Winston will be there.

Xxx_Lara_xxX
19th Sep 2005, 19:14
No swaying back-and-forth

Please. I will never forget trying to line up a jump in AOD and in front of me Lara's head is swaying left to right like a drunk person attempting to stand still.

Also, please make her BREATHE again!! Like a real person-- inhale, exhale inhale, exhale

star girl
20th Sep 2005, 10:19
No swaying back-and-forth

Please. I will never forget trying to line up a jump in AOD and in front of me Lara's head is swaying left to right like a drunk person attempting to stand still.

Also, please make her BREATHE again!! Like a real person-- inhale, exhale inhale, exhale

Lara does breaths in AOD after breaking in through the surface!

POP3D
20th Sep 2005, 17:05
In TR-L trailer there was something called (Grab rope) that lara use to grab thing or for swinging across gaps...

this thing is compleatly great , its the perfect idea i've ever seen , but...

in the trailer i noticed that lara use her hand to throw the rope :confused:

i think it would be better if she used some sort of a weapon like harpon luncher or somthing and make the rope equiped with a harpon at its end so it can garb on thing , may be it can be with a wheel too so u can pull the rope quickly , pull your self up and soo on , and it will be more resonable too and realistic....

what do u think?

WraithStar
21st Sep 2005, 18:01
It is a magnetic grappling hook that she throws and it sticks to metal objects. In the trailer, she could pull metal objects toward herself or create a rope to swing from if there is metal in the ceiling (which you basically just said). The rope probably isn't long enough to justify needing a gun to launch it.

Xxx_Lara_xxX
28th Sep 2005, 01:56
I like the grappling hook idea, its awesome

BUT
I really don't like the shiny metal bar with the shimmery line moving across it. It looks like a late 90's gif!! Its way too OBVIOUS! And its not realistic either. Maybe if it shimmers if she changes position and the light catches it at an angle or something, but the white stripe moving across every 4 seconds don't like it

CatSuit&Ponytail
28th Sep 2005, 08:11
BUT
I really don't like the shiny metal bar with the shimmery line moving across it. It looks like a late 90's gif!! Its way too OBVIOUS! And its not realistic either. Maybe if it shimmers if she changes position and the light catches it at an angle or something, but the white stripe moving across every 4 seconds don't like it

Standard console force feeding, that.

projo
4th Oct 2005, 01:56
No useless gizmos. No James Bond laser-teapots.
No Numeric Keypads.

Good moves, big playgrounds, lots of nasty creeps to blast away.

Hard puzzles, challenging climbs, run-for-your-life explosions !

A great story. :D

Master
6th Oct 2005, 01:40
Re make the first two and put them on Xbox :D
At least add them to the new games as unlockables, I'd be happy if they were just ports!! Ninja Gaiden has secrets through out the game that unlocks the old NG games, you can do something like that! :D

realmofzaterra
6th Oct 2005, 11:55
hiya gang!

This is my first post on this board:) So first of all, let me say that i'm so freaking happy to see new TR game coming our way very soon! I've been a fan of Lara since the first game and I just can't wait to see the new adventures! Big kiss for everyone who's working on "TR Legends"

Anyway I also have few suggestions:

-I have read that the mansion is coming back! Great! the training level always been my favourite! I hope they will give us an option to ride a vehicle (quad bike, car, motocycle, anything), i've had many problems with getting on and off the vehicles in previous games, if the developers are thinking of putting any vehicles in the game, i would love to have a race track in the mansion where i could train how to operate it. Race Track in TR3 was a great help!

- secrets, i hope they will return with the original sound as well as the original TR theme

- medipacks, i think that chocolate bars were a good idea, but i prefer small medipacks.

- moves and abilities, I'm really used to Lara 's abilities and i would love to see old abilities back like shooting while jumping in both sides, side step (very useful when you have to make a long or hard jump and when you have to locate Lara in certain place), standing on her hands (i love that trick!)

-I would love to see some old enemies like Sofia ot Natla ( who doesn't miss her!) and I'd love to know what happened to Kurtis, he was a real cutie:)

I would also like to ask the developers not to make certain parts of the game too difficult. In every game the players got stuck in one moment and cannot continue the journey cause of one jump or something else. I will try to explain what i mean by giving an example. In AOD, Lara has been fighting a ghost to obtain obscura painting. the painting in the form of a ball of blue light has been running away from her every time Lara got close to it. I've spent a week trying to catch that damn light, i was lucky but many of my friends weren't. Catching that painting requires a lot of luck and it doesn't matter how good you are and how hard you try you still cannot succeed. Please do not frustrate players, I have nothing agains hard diffuculty level of the entire game, but do not create obstacles that cannot be overcomed! If a player lacks skills to overcome the obstalce, he or she can train to make himself/herself better but if only luck is needed to move forward in the game then no matter how good you are you are not going to get anywhere. My mom, a big fan of TR games hasn't been able to beat that ghost and i wasn;t able to catch that painting for the second time. Thanks in advance and thank you for reading

rita

dragontail
6th Oct 2005, 12:40
I would welcome back Lara's home indeed. :rolleyes:

dhama
6th Oct 2005, 14:33
A game that works, and keeps me occupied for at least a month.... well two if you can stretch it. ;)

badhairday
6th Oct 2005, 17:09
Hmmm...Make Lara bleed more obviously when she gets hurt.

I see a few posts about KURTIS. Yeah I'm curious as to what happened to him also. Well I guess if in the future you are looking into entering the female market. This is how to do it. I suggest that maybe he would get his own spin-off, either TR related (by completion of the Angel Saga) or something totally different.

He does have a huge mostly female fanbase and not a bad amount of males either. But how many action/adventure games are actually marketed towards women? Anyhow, he is still a hot topic over at TRF and has the largest thread over there with over 1000 posts which continues to grow, and sizely dedicated fan club the KTEB.

Enough said.

Black Raybe
6th Oct 2005, 17:59
I agree 100% with everything badhairday said. Angel of Darkness cannot be swept under the rug. It happened. Lara was changed by it. She and Kurtis were meant for each other. You can't erase the past.
Eric Loren has expressed a lot of interest in renewing the character. He has been in touch with the fans and continues to be. There is an enormous market out there for female gamers. I don't understand why they wouldn't take this amazing opportunity and produce a Kurtis Trent: Demon Hunter game if they're admant about not continuing Angel Of Darkness.
People say it was not Tomb Raider, but I say you cannot deny the existence of the entire franchise. Characters move on and evolve. We are dealing with a changed Lara here, who would act this way and go into these situations. By going back and ignoring this evolution Tomb Raider is gonna become stale very fast. Going back to the beginning does not solve the problem. That's not progress at all.

Ms. Croft, I presume
6th Oct 2005, 18:28
I agree that there is a definite need for a Kurtis Trent game. Ideally I'd like him in the TR franchise, but there doesn't seem to be any chance of that happening. To be honest I'm not really bothered what happens to Tomb Raider any more. I love all the past games, and I was really enjoying the new direction that AOD was taking. The game had many design flaws, but a terrific storyline and characters which left me itching for the next two instalments. So now that it has been abandoned and Eidos have gone for ANOTHER 'reinvention' of Lara, I'd rather just play something new. I'd love to see a Kurtis game which combined the best aspects of Tomb Raider (eg puzzle solving, beautiful environments) with the supernatural elements of Kurtis' story, and maybe some survival horror-style creepiness. Other recent games like Ghosthunter seem to have borrowed heavily from Kurtis' character, so Eidos would be fools to let him die out along with AOD. There's an audience waiting for him.

As for Lara, I reckon Master's right, remake the first games for X-Box/PS2! :D

Raven
6th Oct 2005, 19:31
Picking up on what Ms. Croft...said above, I too have noticed the emergence of some distinctly Kurtis style characters in recent games, like Ghost Hunter, and also Eidos' own Total Overdose. I think there is definitely a market for a specificly Kurtis game. He may have been a controversial character in many ways, but even now, two years after the release of AoD and only having had a small role, he has a very strong fanbase. With his abilities and background, there's a lot of story potential and it would seem a shame not to capitalise on that. I believe the AoD storyline, which was the best and most absorbing in any Tomb Raider game, should be continued somehow even if only in a Kurtis spin-off.

As for Tomb Raider...I feel that AoD's relative critical failure was simply due to the game being unfinished, and not to anything inherently wrong with the new direction it was taking. You can't please everyone, and some people wouldn't have liked it no matter what, but had it been completed in accordance with Core's original vision I think it would have gone down very well with both fans and critics.

What I find curious is the amount of noise being made about Legend "going back to Lara's roots" i.e. to predominantly tomb-like environments...the next game in the AoD saga would have done that anyway as it was supposed to have been set in the underground temples and tombs of Cappadocia. I was really looking forward to some classic tomb raiding action, with the added bonus of continuing characters and plot. It's very disappointing that Legend is choosing to ignore all that and leave the intricate AoD story forever unfinished. Bring it back, I say! And don't allow too much influence in from the TR movies...while they were mindless fun, they didn't represent the real Lara that we know.

horsecrazy
7th Oct 2005, 01:47
I think it was a mistake not making the two sequels to AOD as was originally planned; if Eidos had allowed Core to take their time on them, I think they would have been absolutely awesome, as I loved AOD's plot and was looking forward to seeing it continued in the next two games. To ignore the game and pretend it never happened is ridiculous; it's a part of Lara's life and her ever-expanding biography. If Crystal Dynamics and Eidos want to stay true to her character, they wouldn't shove the last game under the carpet like it doesn't even exist. And they wouldn't change her damn biography, and from things I've read, it sounds like they're doing just that; fiddling with her original bio.

Kurtis was one of the best parts of AOD, IMHO; I think another playable character in TR is a great idea, and he had an interesting background that could have made for some great sidequests, and even an entirely new game series. He made a great companion for Lara, and if AOD hadn't been so rushed, we'd have been able to see a lot more of his abilities, which were shaping up to be pretty wicked from things I've read.

TR: Legend seems to be taking its cue from the movies, which I didn't think were all that great. They seemed to be more about the jiggle factor (shots of wiggly big boobs and big lips) than TR.

CatSuit&Ponytail
7th Oct 2005, 08:29
As for Tomb Raider...I feel that AoD's relative critical failure was simply due to the game being unfinished, and not to anything inherently wrong with the new direction it was taking. You can't please everyone, and some people wouldn't have liked it no matter what, but had it been completed in accordance with Core's original vision I think it would have gone down very well with both fans and critics.

Hear, hear. :thumbsup:

matt2324
7th Oct 2005, 20:19
hi i am new and i have 5 suggestions for this game and i really want people to read it.

1.i think that you guys should include some hand to hand combat and also some weapon combat (sword, axes, knifes etc.) and for the hand to hand combat i think that you should include a fighting style that lara uses like boxing kung fu. I think this because i may get alittle repetitive just useing guns and may get boring. Please think about it it would give lara a little more bad ass to her.

2.Please what ever you do please dont put sharks in the game i am petrified of them and when ever i even look at the water scene in the game play video i almost get a heart attack. PLEASE DO NOT PUT SHARKS IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you could put anything else BUT SHARKS. NO SHARKS PLEASE!!!!

3. i have heard a lot about a multiplayer mode. I think that this would be a great idea for this game. Like who ever finds the artifact first wins and deathmatch. If you do put this in i think it would make the game fun.

4.I think that you should have a training mode so that people who aret used to this type of gameplay wont be to confused. Put the training mode in the masion to like gun training, acrobatic training etc.

5. and last but not least action figures. I am young (not that young) but i would love to see some cool action figures. with all these gadgets it would make a perfect lara croft action figure.

and oh like what dhama said i really want this game to last me more than 6 months much more and i want to never get board of it but please pay attention to # 3 Thanks for reading
just to tell you the game looks amazing i really want to play a demo for my xbox. release one so we could give you some feedback
please listen to the ideas above.
Thanks again
and remeber NO SHARKS!!

Kurtis trent is alive!!
7th Oct 2005, 21:42
lets see what i want in the next game , well where will i begin , well i want a Lara to actually look like the same old Lara like in the pervious games , now come on edios really , you changed her hair to red :(

i think Kurtis should come back , he's a gold mine just waiting to be explored. He had the most interesting background i have read in a long time and there is not alot of games out ther directed to the female market

p.s the whole laughing about Kurtis thing wasn't appreciated and i know im not the only one who thinks that :mad:

Lux Knight
7th Oct 2005, 22:26
It is great to see that Kurtis Trent has still so many devoted fans. Even now when it's clear that he won't appear in TR7 people still talk about him. That shows how much of an impression he made on so many people. Not any sidecharacter in the TR series has managed to do that.
Kurtis Trent should be rewarded for that with a place in a future TR game and/or his own spin off game.
I like to back the points of Black Raybe, a lot of populair games have elements that would perfectly suit in a Kurtis-game.
All the posts before me should be a wake-up call to Eidos and Crystal Dynamics. If people didnt give a dong about Kurt they wouldn't post such dedicated and emotional posts. We wouldn't talk about him so long after the release of AOD.
We won't stop talking about him. We won't stop calling his name. We won't stop reminding people that he isn't gone. We won't leave. Till Toby's ears bleed and it haunts his dreams.
We shall prevail

badhairday
7th Oct 2005, 22:38
Yeah I certainly didn't like that either, Kurtis Trent is alive!That was very insensitive! :mad: And I mostly certainly agree with you too Lux Knight! I really really hope to see Kurt back in action someday soon. :thumbsup:

midroth
7th Oct 2005, 23:02
In Legend is/will be "James Rutland Jr." and some people will say: "Oh, he is so cute! Give him an own game. I wanna see more with him. He should be rewarded for that with a place in a future TR game and/or his own spin off game..."

Kurtis Trent, Rot In Peace. But rot!

badhairday
8th Oct 2005, 01:08
In Legend is/will be "James Rutland Jr." and some people will say: "Oh, he is so cute! Give him an own game. I wanna see more with him. He should be rewarded for that with a place in a future TR game and/or his own spin off game..."

Kurtis Trent, Rot In Peace. But rot!

He looks like a *** to me! Sorry!

projo
8th Oct 2005, 02:06
NO Kurtis Trent !
That was the worst thing they could have possibly done in AOD, with those levels that you had to play as Kurtis. Kurtis is a dork ! !
Kurtis can't run. Kurtis can't jump. Kurtis can't shoot. Kurtis can't even use his own weird weapons ! !
When I play TR, I want Ms. Croft. :cool:

(Also, I think that the next game needs lots and lots of sharks. Big hungry sharks that will jump out of the water to get you.) :D

NO.
NO.
NO Kurtis Trent ! ! !

tombn052288
8th Oct 2005, 02:07
Bring Kurtis Back!!!

please :)

Lux Knight
8th Oct 2005, 11:26

I made perfectly clear in my post that Kurtis has done something that none of any other TR sidecharacters ever managed to do.
Why on earth do you think James Rutland would get such a fanbase as Kurtis?
People like Pierre, Larsson, Charles Kayne, Dr. Willard, Von Croy or Zip never ever got so many fans as Mr. Trent.
Because Kurt's character is so inspiring to a lot of people. And that's why he deserves his own game or a place in a future TR game. And all those other people don't.
And that comment about rot in peace is childish and rude.

Kurtis trent is alive!!
8th Oct 2005, 14:02
Bring Kurtis Back!!!

please :)

:D i think that is the best thing said so far

The*angel*of*darkness
8th Oct 2005, 15:15
Bring back kurtis, or at least explain what happens to him and doing this without killing him would make a really nice surprise. If you people are too thick to see his potential as a character that just makes me mourn the change of TR's creators even more. That Game had soooo much bloody potential and not just because of kurtis, the plot was fantastic. It had more depth and complexity than any of these incredibly dissapointing games that are being released by the truck load. I mean how many bloody Dynasty Warrior games do you need for christ sake!?

I would personally be way more interested in video games if they all had interesting plotlines like AOD.

I think its incredibly sad (in the depressing and pathetic sense of the word) that SOME tomb raider fans can't look past the bugs of AOD and see it for what it is. A really good game!

Now i know this is a thread for our suggestions, but i feel that all that had to be said.

Bring Kurtis back, bring back Lara as we all know her. STOP trying to change her ...

And for christ sake don't ignore AOD, no matter how hard you try it will always be there and you can't do anything to stop that.

matt2324
8th Oct 2005, 15:36
aod was nothing like origal tomb raider aod is the one that change lara croft in aod she hardly goes into tombs and is on those stupid streets forever. So dont say to stop changing her when they are just trying to bring her back to when she was to when she was a better. Im not not saying that you wrong but it just that aod is the one that changed lara croft not the other way around. and yeah aod was an ok game it wasnt the best but it did have an ok storyline. And in legend we get to go to toyko which may be a little like aod so dont get your hopes down.

badhairday
8th Oct 2005, 15:40
I totally agree with you Lux Knight. Kurtis has one of the most compelling backgrounds that TR has ever seen in another character. Even Karel has got quite a fanbase. But I don't see any of these other character raising too much controversy. There doesn't seem much to them.

Master
8th Oct 2005, 16:40
Zombies!!!
Or atleast Mummies. :)

Black Raybe
8th Oct 2005, 17:07
And for christ sake don't ignore AOD, no matter how hard you try it will always be there and you can't do anything to stop that.

Damn, I could not have put it better myself.

It really is sad to see how people have been conditioned into thinking AoD sucked. And I'm sick of reading all these childish posts from Kurtis haters. I mean, dedicating your time to a character you love is one thing, but spending all your time *****ing and moaning about one you don't? Give me a break.

We Kurtis fans have been a united front for more than 4 years now, and we won't ever quit. If we have to teach ourselves game design and buy the rights to Kurtis' character we will, just so we can finish the AoD trilogy and make Kurtis his own game.

Oh, and the Rutland thing. Yeah, what about the whole 'Tomb-Raider-is-about-Lara-not-some-secondary-character' stuff everyone seems to come out with? Extremely hypocritical if you ask me.

midroth
8th Oct 2005, 18:01
People they don't need/like Kurtis are childish, but people they need/like (fall in love to...?) him not?

How to understand this?
How ever, KT is bit and byte. A digital 'painting'. Like all of the computer stuff. Not more, not less. Lara is digital too. Mickey Mouse is color sketching. Yoda a hand doll.
What ever they are, they are not real.
Last game it was Kurtis and next game it will be *** ?
Any (puberty) hormon will direct you to him, her, it?
I a while you will come down and wake up.
And maybe laugh about it...

Lux Knight
8th Oct 2005, 18:09
My apreciation for Kurtis is not based on hormones and Im out of puberty years also.
I never said that people who dislike Kurtis are childish. A few of my best friends dont like Kurtis.
If Kurtis is so unimportant to you then why do you get so hyper-furious about him?

Kurtis trent is alive!!
8th Oct 2005, 18:12
Legend has a proper storyline :eek: don’t make me laugh and really how do you know , isn’t everyone complaining that they don’t know enough about legend really , from what I’ve seen it doesn’t look as half as good as any other tomb raider game but i might be wrong and if it does go as well as you all think :rolleyes: then im sure they would have enough money to make the continuation of AOD

and i know that it looks like there is more kurtis haters than kurtis lovers but that is just wrong , just go to fanfic and you can see that 99.9% of them have kurtis in them

so Eidos i guess its up to you but if you dont want to make the money at least sell kurtis to another company, so they can and then you will be kicking yourself

SkyMinion
8th Oct 2005, 18:13
Hi all,

You see before you my first posting here. Like most of you, I've been a TR fan since the beginning, and there were things I liked, and things I didn't like about the series, so I'll offer up a few thoughts:

1) Storytelling:

A game can have the best rendering, pixel shading, water and fire effects, graphical enhancements, musical score, sound effects, character voicing, engine, and animations IMAGINABLE, but if the players aren't hooked by the story and led to care about the characters in the game and what happens to them, the game will not succeed. Just ask any filmmaker.

Similarly, even in a game with low production values, if the story DOES hold you, all else can be forgiven. I hope the developers are giving due consideration to developing an exciting, suspenseful storyline above all things.

Kurtis or some other companion........no! Lara has always been quite capable on her own. Having some help (like the monks at Barkhang) was great, but not Kurtis.......that fondling scene was too much!

I'm not sure what this says about me :) but I personally rather liked the "fondling" scene from AOD. It could have been very cheap if poorly done, but I think in this case the devs succeeded in getting across the sort of forbidden, captivating sensuality they were going for.

We had to sit up and take notice of Kurtis's abilities; how many people could have gotten the best of Lara that way? I got the same sort of "frisson" when Kurtis later traps Lara inside a small room toward the end of the game, while he goes off to investigate. Her expressions and body language here are priceless!

I'd like to see a scene along these lines in Legend, perhaps where a villain or other character manages to overpower or get the drop on Lara somehow. This is all part of good storytelling, and has a humanizing effect on Lara. When we see that our larger-than-life, towering heroine is not always ten feet tall and bulletproof, we can come to empathize more with her, and get behind her struggles to overcome adversity. It also helps the villain come across as a true force to be reckoned with. This makes it all the more satisfying when Lara wins through in the end, and puts the villain back in his place!

2) Gameplay:

- secrets, i hope they will return with the original sound as well as the original TR theme

a) YES! Let's put back the secrets, along with that rewarding little "pling" sound they always had.

b) A control scheme like the one in Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time would be just about perfect.

c) I was never keen on the idea of having the take the time to line up jumps perfectly- this was more frustrating than challenging. That doesn't mean jumps should automatically succeed if you're not even close. PoP:TSoT was also a standout in this area -- I hope the devs of TR7 are wise to what made this game such a critical success. (Did someone say storytelling? Oh, by the way, its control scheme was pretty good, too.)

d) Quicksave/load are also sorely needed whenever a character faces "instant death" from missing a jump -- this cuts the frustration level enormously and makes it all fun again.

e) I'd like to have multiple ways to get around an obstacle or solve a puzzle, maybe using different gear items in different ways. For instance, if a boulder blocks Lara's path, you may either swing over it with the magnetic grappling hook, or put a grenade in just the right spot to break it or move it enough to get through.

3) Production values:

I can see that the developers already have the graphics, engine, music, and control scheme all well in hand. I'm ALREADY POSITIVE the game will excel in all these areas, so I'll save my breath here. I can't tell you how pleased I am at what I'm seeing on the TR website. Don't rush it guys, take all the time you need. We'll wait, won't we, TR fans? The last thing we need is another unfinished game hitting the shelves -- one AOD was enough.

-SkyMinion

Legendary Lara Croft
8th Oct 2005, 18:39
I posted it in another thread but decided to repeat myself as there are some suggestions :rolleyes: :D

I love water and swimming in Tomb Raider! I am so glad that I saw Lara swimming in gameplay video. Also screenshots of waterfall and video of Lara jumping to the water is beautiful. I think that one of the signs of great graphics is water and character interaction with water, all the developers should pay more attention to it. Do you remember how beautiful water is in Far Cry, it can also be great to see some friendly fishes and dolphins. I hope that Lara will have some nice swimming moves and will explore underwater tombs. I wish there will be boat or some other water vehicle, maybe waverunner. And also cute wetsuit or bikini.

The_Warrior_Of_Light
8th Oct 2005, 18:53
he was the greatest thing AoD had. Not only Kurt moves slow there but Lara too.So exuse me. besides, Kurt for girls is like perfect man they want to meet. I doubt Larson was that kind of man :mad:
Besides this James Rutland Jr looks like REAL kind of gay. I doubt people will like him

chrismcalees
9th Oct 2005, 09:27
Hi All,
I haven't been here for a while but after looking at the new TRL (Tomb Raider Legend not Total Request Live) site, I just had to see what you all thought. I was playing TR2 yesterday and it helped me to remember what a classic game the TR series is. I can't wait for the new one. I want a release date and not just Spring 2006. I want to be able to count down the days til its release and not just pop into Game one day and realise its out like with TR:AOD.
From TRL I would like to see:
Demo's - I want a demo. I loved racing to the shops every week to see what demo's there were on magazines and then having to pay the rediculously high prices just to play one level of the game.
Lara's Mansion - A classic part of the games. I think she should have a new, bigger and better house with parts like the maze (that was cool) and the bike track. She could also have a shooting range to practise some jump+shoot moves. I want to be able to explore all of her house.
Guns - Lots and lots of different guns like the desert eagle and shotgun.
Medipacks - A must, who would want to eat a chocolate bar found in a sewer.
Cheats - I liked having cheats especially the blow up lara one. More of them please. And before you all start moaning, you dont have to use them.
Locations - I prefer huge locations to explore with not so obvious puzzles to solve like in TR2 and TR3. I like the locations of TR2 and TR:TLR. I want to be able to go to places I can't go to in real life. I want to use my brain to get through the game, I don't wanna just plough through it with ease. That is why Tomb Raider was different from all the others.
Animals - I want the animals back. I want gorillas, monkeys, tigers, bears, crocs, wolves, dinosaurs, snakes etc and plenty of them.
Save Game - I like the save game idea from TR2 with a current position and the fact that you can choose to load a particular level instead of playing a recent save game.
Interaction - I want to be able to interact more with my surroundings, I want to be able to push things off tables, shoot that urn of its pedastal and move tables around for no reason.
Costume Changes - I want loads of new outfits for Lara. I like the idea of being able to choose a variety of outfits for each level.
Controls - I want the old controlls back. X = Action, Circle = Roll, Square = Jump and Triangle = Draw Guns. I didn't like the fact that Circle was jump in TR:AOD. I loved the way you could hop backwards and there be enough room to make a jump. I liked having to line jumps up perfectly, it made the game more realistic and took a bit longer. I liked having to hold action to hold on, not to let go. I preferred using the control pad rather than using the analogue stick.

Overall, all I want is OLD SCHOOL TOMB RAIDER. It's not called Sewer Raider or Town Raider.

Cheers,

Chris

GeorgeMaciver
9th Oct 2005, 09:52
It's not called Sewer Raider or Town Raider.

http://70.84.190.115/3106/35/emo/la%28r%29arope.gif

dhama
9th Oct 2005, 11:32
Hi All,
I want a release date and not just Spring 2006. I want to be able to count down the days til its release and not just pop into Game one day and realise its out like with TR:AOD.

We all know this isn't possible, I for one think that i've finished a custom level only to find something else needs to be done, so no chance there.

Demo's - I want a demo. I loved racing to the shops every week to see what demo's there were on magazines and then having to pay the rediculously high prices just to play one level of the game.

That would be great, and I think it might happen this time.. before the game is released.

Lara's Mansion - A classic part of the games. I think she should have a new, bigger and better house with parts like the maze (that was cool) and the bike track. She could also have a shooting range to practise some jump+shoot moves. I want to be able to explore all of her house.
Guns - Lots and lots of different guns like the desert eagle and shotgun.
Medipacks - A must, who would want to eat a chocolate bar found in a sewer.
Cheats - I liked having cheats especially the blow up lara one. More of them please. And before you all start moaning, you dont have to use them.
Locations - I prefer huge locations to explore with not so obvious puzzles to solve like in TR2 and TR3. I like the locations of TR2 and TR:TLR. I want to be able to go to places I can't go to in real life. I want to use my brain to get through the game, I don't wanna just plough through it with ease. That is why Tomb Raider was different from all the others.
Animals - I want the animals back. I want gorillas, monkeys, tigers, bears, crocs, wolves, dinosaurs, snakes etc and plenty of them.

Yup! But the only gripe with animals is that Lara has a sleep dart gun instead of mowing them down with oozies.. :rolleyes:

Interaction - I want to be able to interact more with my surroundings, I want to be able to push things off tables, shoot that urn of its pedastal and move tables around for no reason.
Controls - I want the old controlls back. X = Action, Circle = Roll, Square = Jump and Triangle = Draw Guns. I didn't like the fact that Circle was jump in TR:AOD. I loved the way you could hop backwards and there be enough room to make a jump. I liked having to line jumps up perfectly, it made the game more realistic and took a bit longer. I liked having to hold action to hold on, not to let go. I preferred using the control pad rather than using the analogue stick.

Interaction is important for me in all games, the more the better. And Control... well don't get me started here!! :mad:

Overall, all I want is OLD SCHOOL TOMB RAIDER. It's not called Sewer Raider or Town Raider.

Never a truer word spoken, i'm with you on that. :thumbsup: ;)

The*angel*of*darkness
9th Oct 2005, 11:36
People they don't need/like Kurtis are childish, but people they need/like (fall in love to...?) him not?

How to understand this?
How ever, KT is bit and byte. A digital 'painting'. Like all of the computer stuff. Not more, not less. Lara is digital too. Mickey Mouse is color sketching. Yoda a hand doll.
What ever they are, they are not real.
Last game it was Kurtis and next game it will be *** ?
Any (puberty) hormon will direct you to him, her, it?
I a while you will come down and wake up.
And maybe laugh about it...

Jesus, you really think we are just woman with raging hormones!! We know kurtis is only pixels and thus we know he isn't real. But its the same for Lara, what about all these fanboys with raging hormones who claim they are in love with lara and they sit around and just watch as her tits move up and down *coughnuderaidercough*

Now I think it was u who implied before (as well as in the quote above) that "we" would make a fanbase for any guy on TR. Now in the history of all the TR games when in the past 9 years have u ever seen an entire forum dedicated to Larson? Pierre? Zip? Bartoli? Gunderson?etc?

If you can think of any i will eat my hat

Face it, Kurtis was different than any other character introduced into TR and he was wayyyyyy more interesting than any new character.

I could keep this up all day long

GeorgeMaciver
9th Oct 2005, 11:41
Women don't have raging hormones? Since when?

http://70.84.190.115/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://70.84.190.115/3106/35/emo/con%28f%29used1.gif

The*angel*of*darkness
9th Oct 2005, 15:49
Hey i never said we didn't

I meant that we aren't just driven by raging hormones

WesternWhiteWolf
9th Oct 2005, 18:30
Women don't have raging hormones? Since when?

http://70.84.190.115/html/emoticons/blink.gif http://70.84.190.115/3106/35/emo/con%28f%29used1.gif

And men think with two heads, so I guess that's makes us all even. :rolleyes:

Considering Legend, I've kept hearing a lot of 'fans' saying how great this new game will be and how games 2-6 weren't true to TR or something. They say this game will bring Lara back to her roots, and that Kurtis will also be nonexistant to boot.

In my most honest opinion: I don't think I could say it in the actual words I want, because I'd be kicked off the board. But anyhow, I think it's a real great way to say 'thank you' to Core for making those games and creating the series itself by ditching them for Crystal Dynamics and the condemning most of the series. I think all the games had something special about each of them (TRLR, I think, was particularly good.) And if Core had been allowed to finish AOD as intended, many people would have much different opinions about the game, and about Core.

I can already say that I don't think Legend will be any better than AOD. It may have no glitches, but that's not the main reason I play a game. I like the story! AOD had that, in a sense. The plot would have been much more in depth if Core had gotten more time to work. I liked Lara's attitude, as she was desperate to clear her name. I liked Kurtis. He brought a new angle to the game. I liked how they both worked together to bring down Eckhardt and the Cabal. I don't care about Lara's 'independence', and how she MUST be alone for it to be Tomb Raider. No one can be alone forever, and you're going to have a dry plot if you have no characters to interact with. As far as I know, Crystal Dynamics is returning TR to the days of absent plots and artifacts of the week. I don't want TR to be like that anymore. The new locations like Tokyo and these new graphics don't change anything for me. Besides, some of it sounds like they're integrating movie elements into Legend. I never saw the movies for the simple fact that the movies reminded nothing of Tomb Raider to me. I don't want TR to be like that either. Now, apparently, we're going back to square one. AOD was going to change TR for the better. So much for progress.

I would have been much more satisfied if Crystal Dynamics had fixed up AOD and continued with the series. But I guess that's not going to happen.

It's been really annoying. I've been having to listen to a bunch of sycophants chanting about praising Legend and denouncing most of the previous games. I will say what I think, which will probably offend most of you: love it or leave it, but let it stay. You can't take the real Tomb Raider away from me.

matt2324
9th Oct 2005, 18:36
another suggestion is that lara should be able to run faster then she has in other games cause in AOD is is a pain in the a@# trying to run away for people that are extramly hard to kill but since you can run fast you usual end up died.
Also i think that lara should have unlimited ammo for her pistols or at least a lot of ammo. And please dont make us find her pistols. like in AOD you dont even get her pistols you start out with nothing and you have to find them each.
And NO SHARKS AT ALL PLEASE

killer-electro #1 TR fan
9th Oct 2005, 20:42
Secrets yes,
house yes

but also what would be nice was in those city levels, what really p****ed me off was that on TR3, you could jump off the rooftops, and it was a pit, it never ended, which is stupid, because there would be cars, and if she was running on the road, people wouldn't stop halfway round a corner for her! she'd die and it would be a hit & run.

another STUPID thing is when she dies, the enemies ALWAYS either roar and walk away, or circle around her until the game over screen comes up. WHY DON'T THEY JUST DO WHAT THEY'VE GOT TO DO!?!?! :confused: :mad: :eek: that's what i think they could do

ZachariasDk
10th Oct 2005, 16:34
I still haven't read the whole thread yet, but I'll just post my suggestion anyway.

Maybe its just me, but I don't quite like the movement animations in the gameplay trailer where the floor collapses. Are you using motion-capture (or whatever it is called)? Because I really like the realistic animations in the other TR games.

And about the fluid movement. I actually think this will fit perfectly into Tomb Raider, I loved(!) to flip mid-air while shooting. Too bad it wasn't in AOD (the biggest mistake in game history). A lot of moves, that would be nice!

And thats about it I guess.

Telekill
10th Oct 2005, 23:11
I have to agree with many of the posters here already. Bring back Lara's home like it was in the first 3, where you get to run around and explore and figure out her new moves. Also with the thought of her home... I really enjoyed in Tomb Raider 3 where you were able to find a secret key in her underground aquarium and then go to her garden and unlock the quad race. I had more fun doing that just in her home than I did with a few of the actual levels.

I've been a Tomb Raider fan from the start. I remember a friend of mine and I renting the first game like four or five times. Of course I own it now as I own all Playstation and Playstation 2 Tomb Raider games. Again I have to agree with many of the posters that wide open spaces for Lara to traverse are a plus. It looks like from the trailers that you've already thought of this and have fixed that issue. Please, no more cramped streets of Europe.

Another thing that was dwindling was the music to the game. I loved the music from the first two games and then it started to be less then what I was used too. Angel of Darkness had decent music but it wasn't nearly what I enjoyed from the first two games. Of course listening to the music you have running on your website at the moment... it looks like you guys have taken care of that as well. Please pass my appreciation for the one responsible for creation of the music of Tomb Raider Legend.

All in all everything looks to be doing great. I'm very pleased with what I've seen so far and will definitly be picking up a copy of the game as it is released. I havn't been this excited for a Tomb Raider since TR 2 was about to hit. Thanks for listening to the fans.

Nate.

Silva
11th Oct 2005, 14:42
First post.
I think it would be extremely versitile and all-in-all enjoyable to have a "custom zone" or something to that name.
Where Lara would be displayed in a simple room and where you have heaps of options with a free panning camera, zoom, weapons, equipment, items etc...
where you can equipe yourself with different weapons and outfits to see how they look in a 3-D percpective.

And you would be able to change features like: colour of hair, tattoes, hair style, glasses, clothes ( instead of disgarding clothes Lara previously wore for the new ones - she should be able to keep them and switch between all outfits at any time for versitility) that would be pretty cool, it gives the player a choice and an over-all custom-made Lara, instead of simply one boring style for everyone.

I think another point is the camera...AOD sometimes had annoying areas where the camera would simply not work along-side the surroundings. A good idea could be to change height and distance from Lara so the player is comfortable playing at what suits them. This sometimes can't work however in smaller rooms...a good thing you did with AOD was having a stationary view point (camera) where things were kept simple and you could move around with ease. Perhaps it would be an idea to have a button to "plant" the camera so it becomes stationary...this would mean less programing for the camera at certain locations and again...more freedom and interaction for the player.

And the good thing about these is people that dont like them, dont have to use it. It is all custom. So over-all you interest a greater number of fans.

Cheers.

SkyMinion
11th Oct 2005, 16:55
And you would be able to change features like: colour of hair, tattoes, hair style, glasses, clothes ( instead of disgarding clothes Lara previously wore for the new ones - she should be able to keep them and switch between all outfits at any time for versitility) that would be pretty cool, it gives the player a choice and an over-all custom-made Lara, instead of simply one boring style for everyone.

Good idea. If something like this gets implemented, I would favor having a "normal" setting in the options menu where all the outfits in the game change as the designers intended, with different hairstyles, clothes, and so forth seen at different parts of the story. After that, players might have a "custom" setting in the menu which would allow them to change the outfit or other physical characteristic manually, at any point in the game. This menu option might also be offered as a replay option, which would appear only after the game has been played through to the end once. Alternatively, different menu options of this sort might appear in the game as secrets, or rewards to the player that would have to be discovered during the course of the game.

And of course, players who don't like them wouldn't have to use them.

WraithStar
11th Oct 2005, 17:42
I think another point is the camera...AOD sometimes had annoying areas where the camera would simply not work along-side the surroundings. A good idea could be to change height and distance from Lara so the player is comfortable playing at what suits them. This sometimes can't work however in smaller rooms...a good thing you did with AOD was having a stationary view point (camera) where things were kept simple and you could move around with ease. Perhaps it would be an idea to have a button to "plant" the camera so it becomes stationary...this would mean less programing for the camera at certain locations and again...more freedom and interaction for the player.

And the good thing about these is people that dont like them, dont have to use it. It is all custom. So over-all you interest a greater number of fans.

Cheers.

The official description of the camera is that it automatically adjusts itself to give the player the best view, but the player can take control and change the camera at any time.

Infinite Monkey
17th Oct 2005, 21:08
I'm aware that CD is probably too far down the path of building Legends to regard this, but I though I'd give my 2 cents anyway. I have severaly things that I'd love to see in Legends, so here goes:

1) No dark storyline. The stories in tomb raider up until AOD were cool and groovy and good, but the dark, gritty, even horror in places storyline in AOD was not a good thing.
2) Vehicles. I loved driving vehicles around, but it never felt right, for two reasons. First, because I was hunting for every secret and so on, I would always explore everywhere on foot, then slog back to the vehicle and drive a bit to get over the next big jump or whatever. Second is that the narrow levels (in terms of driving), and the square nature of the world meant that I spent most of the time bumping into things.
3) Camera. The old style almost-always-behind camera was fine. Don't screw with it. The up arrow (on PC) should always be 'forwards'.
4) I watched one of the gameplay trailers, and I was horrified at the bit where playstation button icons are coming up. If this is some kind of old skool press-the-right-buttons-in-sequence gameplay (as opposed to just a tutorial) I will have to hunt you down and be sarcastic at you.
5) Length of game. I was concerned when I read that there will be 10-12 hours of gameplay. I want more!! more I say!!!!!

Thats all I can think of. I'm so looking forwards to this!

maliki3
19th Oct 2005, 22:46
I've been a tomb raider fan since the release of the first game and have awaited each new game with anticipation and impatience. so in order to keep my self sane i played all the previously released games until the new one came out. however i could never fully enjoy them as i always felt that the older games (obvious i know!!!) couldnt stand up next to the latest instalment of tombraider. what i am basically saying why not rework some original titles i.e the first game, with modern gaming procedures and really bring these storys to life. i'd buy them for sure

Silva
19th Oct 2005, 23:18
Since a lot of people are suggesting main points in the game, I agree with them...I am just mentioning again...the custom camera where players can take controll, will be an awesome and totally unique approach, it would defintiely get the thumbs up.

Anyon got any more screenshots or gameplay vids. reccent ones i'm talking about?

cheers

Xxx_Lara_xxX
19th Oct 2005, 23:35
Camera -- implement a camera system like TR1 -- I knew people who would feel slightly motion sick/lightheaded after playing TR1 for several hours, and someone on this forum mentioned vertigo, my brother told me that after playing TR1 he sometimes felt like he was looking around like Lara, and I used to feel as if I were moving after playing it for a while -- it was an awesome experience almost as if you were in that game... maybe it was the frame rate, maybe it was the position, camera motion and placement, maybe the way it swung around behind her... I can't explain, but it was an immersive experience

ie please NO fixed upper camera, it truly kills the pseudo-reality feeling to see a little 3rd person figure running around on the screen

and if there is a player-controlled camera or fixed camera, pls arrange timed puzzles so that we don't need to be moving the camera AND running AND planning timed jumps at the same time and then Dying multiple times when the fixed camera destroys our orientation -- ahem Wrath of the Beast AOD ahem -- the camera shouldn't be a problem, shouldn't interfere with our ability to see where lara is going, it should feel like we become Lara in the game and see everything she sees

Xxx_Lara_xxX
20th Oct 2005, 00:02
Also, to preserve that disembodied surreal "I have stepped into Lara's body" feeling when playing the game, please keep all "special" movements always under the player's control and with the same control scheme, as if this were our own body.

For example, if Lara walks down some stairs, should that change the way she acts? No -- in AOD, when she went down stairs suddenly she began performing an uncontrollable hopping motion, in real life you walk down stairs and if you decide to take a step backwards, you just do it... in AOD, suddenly you couldn't take a step back and you couldnt walk sideways and you fell off of the stairs easily as Lara inexplicably began hopping diagonally and not where you wanted her to go... why?? It makes no sense!!! The "uncontrollable stair hopping" animation was just stupid. The same with the gun drawn hopping silliness -- Lara should always act as the arms and legs of the player, under direct control and able to be stopped at any point, not go into 'stances' that suddenly behave unexpectedly and other pointless stupidity

There was something very intuitive about the previous control systems -- if I want to climb a wall, I need to use my hands so I must press [] to put away my gun so that my hands are free. Similarly, if Lara is using the magnetic grapple hook, and suddenly the player decides to make her stop pulling on the rope, Lara's animations shouldn't allow her to keep pulling... because her arms should be like my arms in the game, and if I want her to stop, just as if I wanted to stop myself, I would.

WraithStar
20th Oct 2005, 14:40
I'm currently replaying TR3 and I have to say I much appreciate the idea of being able to control the camera. In many places, especially while monkey swinging or climbing a wall, I got frustrated because I couldn't look down.

Silva
20th Oct 2005, 22:20
XXX_Lara_XXX....you still need to understand the word "optional"...that could very well be the defualt camera setting..but a lot of players would like control of the camera also, for some parts in the game...to get good scenery and views of the terrain ahead etc etc...

It would please a lot of gamers have it customised...

Xxx_Lara_xxX
20th Oct 2005, 22:47
:confused: :confused:

Who is against customisable camera angles?? Those can provide beautiful 360 scenery views and TRL will feature a player-controllable camera anyway-- my problem lies with fixed camera positions (ie, fixed in the upper corner of a room or fixed up above Lara permanently) which interfere with your ability to see where Lara is running, especially in timed puzzles, because then you are trying to customise the view, fighting the camera at the same time and jumping in the wrong direction, dying because you couldnt aim Lara properly... :)

WraithStar
21st Oct 2005, 15:12
Exactly :) I guess I was in a hurry the other day and misread your post. I thought you meant that you wanted the camera to be *exactly* like in TR1, which would mean the player couldn't control it.

Stuntbabe X
25th Oct 2005, 02:45
If you guys ever get an official Lara model, please have a model who can perform on stage and do some of the stuff that lara does in the new game and who can hold guns in a realistic manner? :o :D

LPGIRL
25th Oct 2005, 09:55
Hello. I'm new to Eidos Forums, but I've been a raider since 1996. Played all the games many times over. I have been really looking forward to Legend, too. However, I just read Gamespot.com's review of Legend after they played a level. The review stated that Lara's interactive cut scene needed the player to press the buttons as they appear on the screen. The player would also see buttons appear on screen if they failed to correctly jump-and-grab on the first try. If the player correctly pressed the buttons that appeared on screen, they would get a second chance at the jump-and-grab action.

I immediately felt a strong wave of anger, disbelief and frustration when I read this. Having the buttons appear on screen completely eliminates the need for skill, trial-and-error, and would dumb down the whole experience. Even my three-year old nephew's V-Smile game doesn't present the buttons on the screen for him. With Tomb Raider, I've always relished the exploration of Lara's environment and what she can do in it. I really don't want colorful buttons on my screen, patronizing my intelligence. It is so insulting.

Anyhoo, I hope that I am not alone in this feeling. :(

CatSuit&Ponytail
25th Oct 2005, 10:07
With Tomb Raider, I've always relished the exploration of Lara's environment and what she can do in it. I really don't want colorful buttons on my screen, patronizing my intelligence. It is so insulting.

Anyhoo, I hope that I am not alone in this feeling. :(

You are not alone.

LPGIRL
25th Oct 2005, 10:22
Oh, thank you. It's so validating to hear someone else agree. :o

susan
25th Oct 2005, 10:35
Anyhoo, I hope that I am not alone in this feeling. :(Hi Lpgirl, I read it too and was just as dumbfounded and disappointed. I had thought it was impossible to devise something else as moronically contrived as "My legs feel stronger", but ... :rolleyes:

I already played this mini-game of pressing the correct button sequence quickly in Ratchet and Clank 3, a platforming game (where this style of gameplay belongs). And, they had a reasonable premise behind the actions taken (communicating in a strange language with the Tyhrranoids).

Maybe someone else can but, I can't see the logic behind Lara making a jump and the player having to press buttons to match different symbols presented on screen. This isn't exploration and "raiding", it's a gimmick.

WraithStar
25th Oct 2005, 17:51
I haven't seen this yet. Is it possible that it's just during the tutorial, telling the player which buttons to press at the very beginning until they learn all of Lara's moves? (At least, I really hope it's just a tutorial.)

Xxx_Lara_xxX
26th Oct 2005, 03:51
That was my impression too, that this was part of an introductory tutorial, hopefully, ONLY in the tutorial section, not in the FMV's!! :eek:

~~LaraCroft~~
26th Oct 2005, 09:32
Trap doors! Trap doors! :p
Maybe if push a rock, or press a switch a trap door might apper and you can start again or go to a new Level!!! :D
Oh and maybe you should make hair shirt and ponytail flow more when she is outside.

Maybe whenever the person passes a level they get new clothes, hairstyles ect. :)

Oh and whoever dosn't like sharks I LOVE them, there so fun.
maybe you should add a bonus level with a shark and the person could choose if they want to play the bonus level or not, that way it fair, people who don't don't like playing with the sharks in the TR game don't have to play and the people who do can. :p :thumbsup:

David 070
29th Oct 2005, 00:21
i always liked all the different animals!

i hope they have bats,tigers,lions,monkeys,snakes,leopards,gorrilas,rhinos& other animals that just add to the environment like:porcupines,cyotes,vultures,bugs,spiders,rats,dogs and cats,elephants,hippos & lots of different birds :)

CatSuit&Ponytail
29th Oct 2005, 09:32
i always liked all the different animals!

i hope they have bats,tigers,lions,monkeys,snakes,leopards,gorrilas,rhinos& other animals that just add to the environment like:porcupines,cyotes,vultures,bugs,spiders,rats,dogs and cats,elephants,hippos & lots of different birds :)
I hope so too. :)

LPGIRL
30th Oct 2005, 00:31
I know this has been expressed by others, but I just wanted to re-iterate. I would really like to see the buttons-appearing-on-screen, and the headset-tech-team-with-Zip being optional. I really see it as entirely too much hand-holding. Anyhoo... ;)

sven
31st Oct 2005, 19:44
- lara's home: bigger and more realistic than ever. with different secret rooms and things to see and do....

- many levels, and the most of them in ancient tombs and nature, not to many modern city levels

- all kinds of enemies, not only humans....

- a good storyline with different plots, like that's always the case in a tomb raider game

- different puzzles, the one more difficult than the other

- a lara voice WITH AN ENGLISH ACCENT!!!!

- the thing where you have to puch certain buttons during some action scene is all right, but don't do it too often

- and many collector's items that are released together with the game, because i am a huge tomb raider collector!!!!! :p

if this all comes in the new game, I'll be the biggest tomb raider fan of the universe!!!! ( not that i'm not a huge fan now!!!) :cool: :D

LPGIRL
1st Nov 2005, 00:33
That's a great idea, Sven! I would love to see the release of Tomb Raider collectibles, too, including action figures again. I collect all kinds of action figures and toys, and it would be great to have some Legend stuff. I WANT TOMB RAIDER TOYS! ;)

naraku
1st Nov 2005, 10:57
Well! most of the things that came to my mind have been covered like;
The mansion revival, more vehicles and Merchandising (but please make it one that fits her persona, don't have her driving a lowrider or a viper) a H1 Hummer fit for tomb raiding for example would be nice. One of the things that was great about the first games, she use to arrive to her destination in style. Something that I didn't see in AOD. A mobster a journalist gave her a ride, What??? That didn't seem very croft like. I wish I could be on the design team at Eidos or CD working on a TR sequel. I invisioned her skydiving off a plane and giving the player control as soon as she stepped off. The player could do tricks in the air until the game gave the player the signal to open her shute. Since she's from the UK I invisioned her exploring a English castle like in the comic with trap door and secret passages looking for an artifact in a knights tomb. Not a scooby doo or dracula, like game. I think that would be right up her alley literally, like next door. Anyways I think AOD had an interisting story line but was poorly design, I don't hate Kurtis Trent as a character in the game however he did seem more cliche. By the time I upgraded Lara Croft to a level worthy of her name and skill, control was given to a weaker, slower Kurtis Trent who was not upgradable. Please don't do thattt again!

Make her improvise, allow her to use the enviroment. Let her make her own booby traps. Allow her to put a granade in the grass or sand and cover it with whatever she needs to conceal it then when the enemy comes boom.

I hope any of my suggestions can help.

Naraku

sven
1st Nov 2005, 16:18
the environment has to be well designed. you must be able to USE the things off nature or something you find. I would love to go and find some keys again, for some doors or gates. that's something I missed in TRAOD and actually in TRC also.
also bring back the secrets with the little "ping!"-sound..well you know what I mean ;) :D

Xxx_Lara_xxX
1st Nov 2005, 21:21
I like that idea -- like in the old RPG's where you could pick up dirt from the ground and throw it at people, that would be an interesting angle to the 'no guns' level -- Lara would have to use everything she could find to defend herself, such as rocks, sticks, rope, frying pan, grass, or swing her backpack around by the straps like a nunchuck/ mace to whack enemies in the face etc.... :D what any girl would do to defend herself in a sticky situation

Actually if there were hidden button combinations on the controller to perform unexpected actions, like the fatality combinations in Mortal Kombat, only secret Lara actions might include the ability to hold her empty shotgun like a bat to swing at enemies if she runs out of ammo, reverse kicking someone or picking up a stone to throw, well, just a thought :rolleyes:

Sophia Leigh
2nd Nov 2005, 09:23
That's a great idea, Sven! I would love to see the release of Tomb Raider collectibles, too, including action figures again. I collect all kinds of action figures and toys, and it would be great to have some Legend stuff. I WANT TOMB RAIDER TOYS! ;)
Good idea :thumbsup: My daughter has asked Santa for a Lara doll, the hard thing is you can't get them, except on Ebay and rarely decent ones ;)

CatSuit&Ponytail
2nd Nov 2005, 09:55
I want a marketing blitz too. Action figures are good. The ones that Playmates made are nice. :)

ArtAsylum makes great actionfigures! :thumbsup:

I saw an actionfigure the other day for Ghost-In-The-Shell that was unbelievably cool. :cool:

EvilNessCroft
2nd Nov 2005, 11:38
That would be so nice! But if there are any TRL toys... Please! Think about the canada as well!! :D here there's nothing about TR! :o

naraku
3rd Nov 2005, 01:00
Humm.. Action figures? Perhaps complete with a mansion too..

Sophia Leigh
3rd Nov 2005, 02:39
Humm.. Action figures? Perhaps complete with a mansion too..

Now you're talking! :D A Lara dolly complete with doll house!

naraku
3rd Nov 2005, 08:18
The site's story mentions a dangerous figure from her past. Am I the only one who thinks it could be Natla? Because Legend and TR1 have a lot in common. Like Peru and music among other things.

Sophia Leigh
3rd Nov 2005, 08:56
The site's story mentions a dangerous figure from her past. Am I the only one who thinks it could be Natla? Because Legend and TR1 have a lot in common. Like Peru and music among other things.
Its been confirmed that its not Natla :)

Mangar The Dark
10th Nov 2005, 16:40
Make her improvise, allow her to use the enviroment. Let her make her own booby traps.

Hmmm... instead of Kurtis Trent, now Lara teams up with MacGyver. I wonder what he'd say about her use of guns, though....

Trueform
25th Nov 2005, 17:58
:o

Ok. Seems like no one has mentioned this but...i want blood in the game!
I haven´t seen any on the new pics or trailers. I´m getting worried :)
The blood in aod sucked big time.
So, you hear me! Add blood to the game! (the best so far must be tr3)

Bort
29th Nov 2005, 16:45
There shold be red blood in the game !!
It should not only splatter when Lara or her enemy is hit but also a few seconds after that like there is a bleeding wound!
Lara's home should be big with a lot of more or less secret rooms, a race track, and a bigger swimmingpool with a highboard and a slide!

LPGIRL
30th Nov 2005, 19:45
eidos, please, PLEASE make a PS3 version of Legend. it could take advantage of the PS3's graphic capability, and the blueray discs (that can fit so much more data on it that a PS2 disc).

the PS3 is supposed to be released Spring '06, too, so, hopefully, they've anticipated some new PS3 owners wanting this game for their new systems! i'll definitely be one of them!

thank you!! :D

Elsydeon
1st Dec 2005, 10:22
Allright.. this is pretty much my first time posting on this site, though i've been a huge fan of the series since before the first one (YES.. before... i remember reading about it in PSM (though i ended up buying it for the Sega Saturn, remember that baby?), and deciding months before its release that i would love it... and love it i did), and throughout the years of playing the games, several times through in many cases, I've had many thoughts on how the series could be improved upon.. And now that there's a forum actually being perused by the developers (thank GOD CD's in.. the Legacy of Kain series is brilliant (err...except for Blood Omen 2... )), i finally have ears to cry to!!
so after that needlessly long intro, here goes..:

Movement:GOODBYE grid system!!! thank god!! The grid system was outdated, ponderous, and made it feel like controlling Lara was like driving a car... (run forward, oops, hit wall, reverse, reverse, reverse, okay forward, oops, hit wall...) The only potential problem with this, is that with the old system, jumping was straighforward, but required skill to perfect. With a free, analogue-based movement system, jumping may NOT be so straightforward, and in an adventure game like this, jumping is OBVIOUSLY a key part of the gameplay..

Camera: I'll be getting the PS2 version, so ill only comment on how it should work on this particular console.. The Camera should hover behind lara, but not DIRECTLY behind her... I'm sure the Lara model looks nice, and im sure there's some shut-ins out there who would LOVE close-ups of her bottom, but being able to see the world around her is very important.. SOoo... the whole two-analogue stick format may be nice... left for moving, and right for camera control, so you can run around and control the camera completely freely at all times..( i suppose this'll work for the XBox versions as well) Panoramic views are always nice to showcase a new area, but you should ALWAYS ALWAYS be able to switch back to normal camera view if you dont want to have to run around with the camera location a mile away, and Lara the size of a Gnat...

Puzzles: The whole elaborate puzzle thang sounds pretty damn cool... no more pull the switch, press the button, blahblahblah (it kinda surprised me how Lara wasnt that great at turning the doorknob... Velociraptors could learn how to do it... why not some saucy aristocrat?). I've seen pretty much every movie available on the net for TRL, and the whole topple the pillar, open the water-fall idea looked great! (and beautiful, i might add)

On-Screen Button Indicator: From what i understand, this isnt a feature with every puzzle, or even a tutorial thing, its more of an interactive cutscence, with it's own unique deaths and results... so if you miss the button press, Lara dies spectacularly, maybe making you wanna kill her just to see the animation. From the video i saw, Lara's in a hallway, and the ground starts falling away in chunks, kinda like in Indy 3. The falling segments get to Lara, and her footing starts to shake, cue first button press. She jumps onto a pillar, which dislodges and starts to fall into the newly made chasm, cue button press 2. She leaps off the pillar into open air and, cue button press 3, grabs the ledge and pulls herself up. the camera angles are all very cinematic, and i found myself salivating (only a little, dont worry) in anticipation for being able to play scenes like this for myself!!

Lara's Mansion: yeah.. it BETTER be in there (from what i hear, it definently is..!!) If it's in a TR3 kinda incarnation, that'd be awesome... not only being able to train, but also find secrets, opening up her private library/museum and race track...

Kurt: ehn... mebbe there could be a referance to him or something, but i think itd be the best idea for CD to completely revamp the franchise, story, gameplay, look, everything. They've been doing an absolutely fantastic job so far, so i trust them. If they want to start continuing storyline for new characters, then they should, but i dont think the new direction should be bogged down by a "responsibility" to include characters from past games which, in the minds of the majority, were failiures. (dont get me wrong, i enjoyed every TR, but AOD REALLY disappointed me..)

Customization: I've heard rumours that you have to plan ahead for your travels and stock up at HQ all the supplies you'll be bringing with you. Medipaks, Ammo, Flares, Grapple-thingie, and, maybe, costumes.. Even if they wont allow us to customize the entire costume, then minor things'd be kinda cool... like the colour of the outfit, accessories (glasses?), and maybe hair style, especially considering pics for TRL have shown several styles...

Locations: nothing to say, from what i've seen, the locales are absolutely, jaw-droppingly beautiful. Leaves fluttering down a shaft of light whilst in a peruvian ruin, birds flying around the tops of temples, moss growing on millenia-old pillars... it all looks soooooooooo nice..

Items: no more finding Medipaks in 3-thousand year old ruins!!! yaaay!!! packing everything with you, and having to rely on other human enemies there for items would be a great idea!! (this would be even cooler with the new difficulty sytem: on easy the enemies would have more items on them, and less with increasing difficulty). Maybe you could even bring along a biology booklet and then use the local foliage to heal mild wounds and such (though maybe thats adding a whole new system to a game that doesnt really need it..).

soo.. yeah... ive said a helluva lot, so ill stop for now... though im sure ill come up with more to say later...
Cheers!

Trueform
3rd Dec 2005, 09:44
Oh, and another thing, put in more enemies. There were too few in aod. (mostly humans too, which is a bit boring)

David 070
5th Dec 2005, 14:37
after looking at the new screens of lara..

please add lots and lots of sexy & revealing outfits. lol :p

sherman
5th Dec 2005, 23:30
It would be nice if the new game is more difficult.

Tomagotchi
8th Dec 2005, 21:10
Yep, I want to second, third and fourth the motion of the house, I was disappointed when it vanished in TR4 and my friend stopped buying them because of it. No seriously she did. Oh and more endangered animals to shoot, animals are scarier than humans, it's what I loved about the first TR, animals move differently, act differently to humans, you're not sure what they're going to do. You suddenly have a fear of the unknown. Oh P.s can you sneak some glitches in there, hehe. It might sound odd but, I thought it was great being able to jump onto a floating red square and go to places you're not supposed to go too. OK, so that one probably isn't a possibility, but the house, I plead.

Thanks, Tom

David 070
9th Dec 2005, 15:26
i would really like to have a level editor :)

but if there isnt one,the way the game is looking & sounding,im not going to have any complaints!

man!i cant wait to get this game! :p

BloodRedFlower
9th Dec 2005, 23:07
From what I've seen in the site, she looks uglier.
Please make her face similar to the rest of the series! She looked pretty in AOD :D

matt2324
10th Dec 2005, 18:38
make tomb raider fight with some punches and kicks the game may get really boraing just shooting

ash342
11th Dec 2005, 16:11
i would like to seem matrix moves cool jumps wid ure guns or wen lara gets hurt the game goes slow motion and screen goes blury make it feel realistic also a level editor so ppl can post their levels and see if the comunity can do the levels ;)

StarChampagne
11th Dec 2005, 17:01
Well, I have to say, Legend is looking great. The manor will return, but I hope we get to see lots of countryside around it, and to explore it. Also, please make the levels long and difficult. And the environments should be big and vast and not restricted by invisible walls of barriers or things. That's all I can think of now... and also, hand-to-hand combat would be good. A level editor would be too, but I'm content just to play the game.