PDA

View Full Version : Demo Problem - License data is invalid!

GrahameS
11th May 2005, 07:44
I just downloaded and installed the demo, when i try to run it I get this message: "License data is invalid. Please contact customer support for further instructions".

I'm upto date with most of the latest PC games, the last one i purchase was 'Pariah' last Friday, and I've not had any previous problems with games:

System Specs:
WinXP Pro
Directx9.c
Amd Athlon XP2600+
Geforece FX 5600XT
768MB
Soundblaster Live 5.1
All Drivers Upto-date.

keith0miles
25th May 2005, 19:47
I have the same problem with the Imperial Glory demo. Interestingly, I ran w=this demo with an ATI Radeon video card and it worked fine, coincidentally upgraded to a Geforce 6600 GT card 2 days later and I now get this error message. Any ideas? Rather puts me off paying money for the game. :mad:

crazygolf
25th May 2005, 21:11
get put off about buying the game, check out the forum for crashes and sound problems. That should make up your mind :(

Mike_B
26th May 2005, 05:34
I have the same problem with the Imperial Glory demo. Interestingly, I ran w=this demo with an ATI Radeon video card and it worked fine, coincidentally upgraded to a Geforce 6600 GT card 2 days later and I now get this error message. Any ideas? Rather puts me off paying money for the game. :mad:

Hmm have you tried re-installing the demo? I think it might be because of the new card. I know the demo uses a copy protection I wouldn't know why they would check your card but maybe that's causing it.

auto78900
22nd Nov 2007, 00:54
Hmm have you tried re-installing the demo? I think it might be because of the new card. I know the demo uses a copy protection I wouldn't know why they would check your card but maybe that's causing it.

==================

Its weird because my star wars Demo used to work, now it comes up with your
message. License data is invalid.
The only change I made to my pc that may have caused it is, changed codecs,
and didnt realise I accidently had the "run windows, with all drivers", checked ,instead of "run windows in normal mode".
There is a fix on the lucasarts.com web site ,but have not tried it
yet. Why the hell they would need copyprotection for a Demo ,is beyond me anyway.
I could just simply supply u the torrent for the full game, but I wont.
Because of regulations.