PDA

View Full Version : Something I've Noticed!!

FEARLESS
10th May 2005, 12:41
Having read all the forums and moans on Troop movement etc I have noticed on the latest screen shots little changes. On land battles there are now 4 icons below the tactics bar where as in the demo there are only 2. The sea battles now have a time bar and the bottom info bar has changed showing a max of 4 ships instead of 6 in fact the whole look has changed. So it appears there have been a lot of changes since the early screenshots! :)

jaywalker2309
10th May 2005, 13:16
Having read all the forums and moans on Troop movement etc I have noticed on the latest screen shots little changes. On land battles there are now 4 icons below the tactics bar where as in the demo there are only 2. The sea battles now have a time bar and the bottom info bar has changed showing a max of 4 ships instead of 6 in fact the whole look has changed. So it appears there have been a lot of changes since the early screenshots! :)

There is definitely 6 ships.. In the screenshot you've seen they would have just had 4 ships fighting in it

FEARLESS
10th May 2005, 13:17
Check out the latest screenshots on this site and compare to the earlier ones!

jaywalker2309
10th May 2005, 14:31
Check out the latest screenshots on this site and compare to the earlier ones!

I kind of have access to a lot more then just screenshots :)

mob
10th May 2005, 15:29
i would love a max of 20 ships that would be so caotic it would be great :o

french_crash
10th May 2005, 17:18
i would love a max of 20 ships that would be so caotic it would be great :o

that would be a real shambles ! unplayable :rolleyes:

FEARLESS
10th May 2005, 17:28
Okay! JAYCW2309 I get the message. Good news though! What news of the added icons on the battle map below tactics?

jaywalker2309
10th May 2005, 19:14
Okay! JAYCW2309 I get the message. Good news though! What news of the added icons on the battle map below tactics?

Which screenshots are you referring to?

Mike_B
10th May 2005, 19:30
Having read all the forums and moans on Troop movement etc I have noticed on the latest screen shots little changes. On land battles there are now 4 icons below the tactics bar where as in the demo there are only 2.

Actually they were there in the demo as well, just click on tactics.

http://www.tafn.info/TAFN/commandos/scripts/Staff/uploads/tactics.jpg

Oststar
11th May 2005, 03:13
that would be a real shambles ! unplayable :rolleyes:

Only if you can't use pause and no skill. Twenty ships would be easy enough, like i've said previously: I frequently contolled 126man Battalions, twenty or so, plus tanks, Cav and arty. Not to mention constantly buying new units and buildings. Twenty ships wouldn't be that hard compared to that and i'm not a die hard RTS gamer.

And with pause it's just a matter of pausing as often as you need to.

FEARLESS
11th May 2005, 13:27
If I knew how to place an image I would show you but look at the very latest screenshots on this site and you will see four icons below the Tactics bar. there not in tactisc they are the icons for Running/walking etc. We now have a soldier kneeling in a firing position and another which I can't make out. :)

[J.E.v.O]
11th May 2005, 14:28
If I knew how to place an image I would show you but look at the very latest screenshots on this site and you will see four icons below the Tactics bar. there not in tactisc they are the icons for Running/walking etc. We now have a soldier kneeling in a firing position and another which I can't make out. :)

I spotted that too...but in the movies on the TAFN site who already played a previem of the game..I only spotted 2 icons which are in the demo too :cool: ..Does anybody know if there will be 2 extra buttons??? :confused:

jaywalker2309
11th May 2005, 14:40
']I spotted that too...but in the movies on the TAFN site who already played a previem of the game..I only spotted 2 icons which are in the demo too :cool: ..Does anybody know if there will be 2 extra buttons??? :confused:

Appears there are some `older` screenshots mixed in with the newer ones..

As far as i know the screenies you see from TAFN are all based on final HUD.

Theres 2 buttons directly beneath the word tactics, for Auto attack and run. then theres formations beneath that.

mob
11th May 2005, 15:03
Only if you can't use pause and no skill. Twenty ships would be easy enough, like i've said previously: I frequently contolled 126man Battalions, twenty or so, plus tanks, Cav and arty. Not to mention constantly buying new units and buildings. Twenty ships wouldn't be that hard compared to that and i'm not a die hard RTS gamer.

And with pause it's just a matter of pausing as often as you need to.

no that makes the game gay as christmass

jaywalker2309
11th May 2005, 15:05

no need for that :P

jaywalker2309
11th May 2005, 15:17
']I also spotted in a trailer that there were 2 lines of british soldiers...First, the line front shot there bullets...then the line behind ran between the front line and then shot there bullits...will that be possible in the game as some kind of tactic? :confused:

Not sure on final animation but how they fire is based on being in line formation. So if you set them into line formation they will attack one way, if they are in square formation they will attack different etc

[J.E.v.O]
11th May 2005, 15:20
I also spotted in a trailer that there were 2 lines of british soldiers...First, the line front shot there bullets...then the line behind ran between the front line and then shot there bullits...will that be possible in the game as some kind of tactic? :confused:

btw it's trailer you can see at the begin page of the IG site the on eyou can download :p

jaywalker2309
11th May 2005, 15:30
']I also spotted in a trailer that there were 2 lines of british soldiers...First, the line front shot there bullets...then the line behind ran between the front line and then shot there bullits...will that be possible in the game as some kind of tactic? :confused:

btw it's trailer you can see at the begin page of the IG site the on eyou can download :p

Like movie trailers, they are done in advance of the game being finished so there could be things in there that are not in the `final cut` so to speak

Oststar
12th May 2005, 00:46

I've yet to see you post anything coherant or helpful, that was a deliberate flame and i'll ask you to apologise.

jeffdan9
12th May 2005, 01:22
Mob, please apologize after flaming my religion. I am a Christian & most people on this forum are & you flame their most holy holiday. Any moderators, please ban this madman please because he always flames & never helps. Also extreme misspellings but that's not a reason. :)

Oststar
12th May 2005, 03:13
Mob, please apologize after flaming my religion. I am a Christian & most people on this forum are & you flame their most holy holiday. Any moderators, please ban this madman please because he always flames & never helps. Also extreme misspellings but that's not a reason. :)

I wasn't sure if he was making a joke ie Gay as in happy and Christmas is happy, or just plain insulting Christianity. I think he should tell us which.

But yes you're righ Jeffdan9, he flames people and only whinges, that flame was totally uncalled for. If these forums are to be kept clean then members like him need to be weeded out.

jeffdan9
12th May 2005, 18:29
Yeah, he flamed my site without reason also, & he gave no reasons for it. I recommend banning him. On my forum at my fansite, he tried to join, but I deleted his acount before he could flame anyone :) . So he doesn't spell correctly, always posts fragments instead of complete sentences, flames dilibretely with no reason, & is just advertising his fansite in 1/2 of his posts. I at least recommend a 1 week ban. If he doesn't stop, IP, email & user ban him pernamently.

Mike_B
12th May 2005, 19:20
You can't just request people to get banned, it doesn't work that way. I'll look into it and think about it, however mob you could post things that are more constructive. And no I don't need anyone to quote that next time he makes a post. Now let's get back to the topic instead of this.