PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive E3 Media at TRCommunity.com!!

Trinity34
10th May 2005, 00:01
Hi everyone. :)

With many thanks to MikeG (Eidos) and Shehi (TRCommunity), I have graciously been given the privilege to attend E3 this year to cover the unveiling of the Tomb Raider: Legend video game. THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!! :D I leave in a week!

My question to everyone is this... what info do you want to know about the new game? Odds are I will probably forget to ask everything so what do you want to know? If I get to play a demo, what should I specifically look for? Graphics? Camera angle? Weapons? You guys tell me and I will try to find out. ;)

I just received an email about this exhibit at E3...

http://www.e3artexpo.com/res/itp_spike.jpg

The 2005 Into the Pixel Art Exhibition (ITP) is an exploration and celebration of the art of the video game, curated by interactive entertainment industry veterans and experts from the art establishment.

ITP will feature a representative sampling of up to 16 works of video game art, selected by a panel of jurors from a field of submissions. The exhibition offers an opportunity for published video and computer game artists to be reviewed and recognized by the public and by their peers in both the art and video game fields.

Video games are an influential aspect of pop-culture and entertainment whose impact goes beyond the digital arts to influence perspectives in art, cinematography, literature and even fashion. And behind every game character and dynamic environment are artists whose talents birthed the image seen in the 3-D world.

Now in its second year, the 2005 ITP Art Exhibition seeks to expand the conversation of how talented artists are forging opportunities to create art using video games as their medium - and showcase these creative contributions to the art repertoire.

Into the Pixel is a collaborative effort of The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, and The Graphic Arts Council of the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

The 2005 Into the Pixel Art Exhibition will take place May 18-20, 2005 in the Concourse Lobby of the Los Angeles Convention Center, during E3, the world's premiere interactive entertainment trade event.

More than 60,000 E3 attendees - including entertainment and interactive industry executives, designers, developers, animators, journalists and retailers - will have the opportunity to view the art of Into the Pixel.

A VIP Opening Reception featuring the artists will be held Wednesday, May 18th at 5:30 p.m.

Ultimately, as the real and virtual worlds increasingly intersect, many artistic questions are raised: What is art in the digital world? How does digital art affect how we see reality? What place does digital art hold in the realm of art as traditionally understood?

2005 Artwork (http://www.e3artexpo.com/2005/)

http://www.e3artexpo.com/

:cool:

suzieq51
10th May 2005, 01:51
WOW, you must be turning cartwheels with excitement. Have you packed yet? :D

My question to everyone is this... what info do you want to know about the new game? Odds are I will probably forget to ask everything so what do you want to know? If I get to play a demo, what should I specifically look for? Graphics? Camera angle? Weapons?
Obviously we all want to know if the control is better than it was in AOD, but I would be very interested to know the PC species. Tks Trinity34 and have a wondrous time.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
10th May 2005, 02:36
The only things I want to know is if the controls are better and if there is a bunch of lag(a little is okay, but alot can kill gameplay).

Acceber
10th May 2005, 07:37
can she still handstand and swan dive? ;) :D

Have a wonderful time. :)

P.S. pack a camera. ;) :p

enoch
10th May 2005, 09:10
I would just like to know if Eidos/Crystal have totally scratched the AOD story - for good!?!

Have a great time :)

GeorgeMaciver
10th May 2005, 10:38
Yeah, the controls! Tomb Raider is a platformer. Can you control her jumps and grabs as brilliantly as pre AOD? Have a wonderful time.

George

yesrushdt
10th May 2005, 12:07
Great news Trinity! Wish I could go with you..........have a blast!

LARAMANIAC
10th May 2005, 19:48
WOW Trinity!!!! I'm jealous!!!! :D Take lots of piccys - don't forget that camera! ;)

Give us an update on the controls if you get to play a demo, please oh please don't come back and tell us that bloody stupid hand isn't still there! ;) I'm sure we can trust you to report back with all the details! ;) Have a blast girlllllll! :p

Trinity34
11th May 2005, 23:45
Thanks eveyone! Will try to get all the info on the controls and such. Seems the swan dive is a very popular move... I'll try to get video of Lara doing a swan dive into the water right in front of the waterfall. :D

Btw... can this topic be moved to the Legend forum? Thanks.

Trinity34
21st May 2005, 05:21
Hi everyone. I'm back from E3. Wait til you see what I got... :D

Notts Raider
21st May 2005, 08:55
Now that's just teasing http://70.85.81.229/3043/144/emo/bangin.gif

Laraman
22nd May 2005, 10:37
What do you have? A playable demo for us? Lets hope :D